• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
even without the film he's something of an obvious choice. he's been turning up in a lot of DC crossovers for ages

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like the new revealed fighters are indeed going to be Gizmo and Stripe from Gremlins (they are who the bow and arrow hint referred to) and Black Adam.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So Gizmo paired with Stripe wasn't true then?

Also may have not been any of my most wants that got revealed notably Godzilla but Black Adam is still a character I'm stoke to see. Hoping they eventually add Shazam at some point as well.

Gremlins getting content also gives me more faith now that we could potentially see George, Lizzie and Ralph from Rampage since the Gremlins franchise hadn't been active for a long time.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So Gizmo paired with Stripe wasn't true then?

Also may have not been any of my most wants that got revealed notably Godzilla but Black Adam is still a character I'm stoke to see. Hoping they eventually add Shazam at some point as well.

Gremlins getting content also gives me more faith now that we could potentially see George, Lizzie and Ralph from Rampage since the Gremlins franchise hadn't been active for a long time.
Gremlins was in Lego Dimensions and it is getting a new show that acts as a prequel… assuming the show wasn’t cancelled by WBD that is.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gremlins was in Lego Dimensions and it is getting a new show that acts as a prequel… assuming the show wasn’t cancelled by WBD that is.
Shoot! I apparently forgotten that.

Still rooting for the monstrous threesome to get in or at least one of them.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
So i guess this kills the themed seasons theory and they will probably add either whatever they want or to coincide with other projects

I guess Adam must be the character between C21 and C22 since those are unknown (Stripe is C23)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So, from the looks of spoilered posts here...

It's the perfect example of peeking at gifts on Christmas Eve. Did the above officially happen yet for anyone?
It's Black Adam and Stripe

Also they added voice files for Gizmo, The Wicked Witch and Beetlejuice alongside BA, Stripe, Rick and Morty

Faso115

Smash Lord
Took a listen to the rick and morty voicelines and they sound ripped from the show.

If thats true thats really dissapointing

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Took a listen to the rick and morty voicelines and they sound ripped from the show.

If thats true thats really dissapointing
That might suggested Justin Roiland was too expansive to get or wasn't available but it does sound disappointing if that's the case.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile, this also came up.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I guess that they just needed to spitshine the work for those. You know what that means, wishlist makers...

It's Black Adam and Stripe

Also they added voice files for Gizmo, The Wicked Witch and Beetlejuice alongside BA, Stripe, Rick and Morty
No Dwayne Johnson look, but I'll take it nonetheless. It's villain time, boys and girls.

I wonder if Black Adam will have any interesting interactions with Superman.

That said...

That might suggested Justin Roiland was too expansive to get or wasn't available but it does sound disappointing if that's the case.
It's likely that he's been busy with the latest Rick & Morty season.

I swear this game is like
I mean, as a platform fighter, you had to expect that. Only way to plug that up is if the staff is really small.

Also here's the new skins available with season 1 (not sure if more Will come later like characters).

View attachment 358736
Hardcore fans: "Series must never be spoiled for newcomers to platform fighters!"
Deveopers: "Yeah no."

All kidding aside, it's nice to see the Task Force X skin finally available publically.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's crazy to imagine Harmon not being availaible given how many commercials and tie-ins he does as Rick and Morty on a regular basis.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
For some reason, when you look at the roster on the site, the "Coming Soon" has been removed from Morty. This was most likely done on accident.

Also, no renders for Black Adam and Stripe yet, sadly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Meanwhile, this also came up.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I guess that they just needed to spitshine the work for those. You know what that means, wishlist makers...

No Dwayne Johnson look, but I'll take it nonetheless. It's villain time, boys and girls.

I wonder if Black Adam will have any interesting interactions with Superman.

That said...

It's likely that he's been busy with the latest Rick & Morty season.

I mean, as a platform fighter, you had to expect that. Only way to plug that up is if the staff is really small.

Hardcore fans: "Series must never be spoiled for newcomers to platform fighters!"
Deveopers: "Yeah no."

All kidding aside, it's nice to see the Task Force X skin finally available publically.
why don’t you look up one of the other 800 times supes and tenth have met

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Season 1 lasts until November 15th

So my guess is that Morty is coming late August, then Rick early september near the release of the New Rick & Morty season, then Black Adam early or mid october before Black Adam movie release and finally Stripe later in october near Halloween.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
why don’t you look up one of the other 800 times supes and tenth have met
I suppose they might reference Injustice, among others.

Yeah it actually didn't occur to me that Gizmo could even be his own separate character.
To be fair, this game is likely to be supported for a long time. No need to worry for now, if they keep up focusing on big names for the time being.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Damn this makes me want Hilda even more after seeing this fan take what she'd be like in Multiversus.

I'd gladly sacrifice out Eleven from this game for Hilda. Stranger Things is overrated anyways.

Top Bottom