• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Say, has anyone tried doing custom badge icons yet? The game has a neat art style for those.

When are we gonna get Godzilla dammit!!!! Give me Godzilla! I demand him!
This probably would work out better if you post this on Tony's Twitter or the MVS Discord, since this place is never noticed. 😏

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I really hope I'm able to complete the 50 tier battle passes. Beating the preseason pass took me around 10 days, which is pretty long honestly. I hope the seasons are long enough.

Say, has anyone tried doing custom badge icons yet? The game has a neat art style for those.

I love these icons so much. Surprised no one has made custom ones yet (as far as I know).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i was looking up the costumes in this game and i saw this game has data for the exact costume i was hoping bugs would have, though it's unavailable

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

This probably would work out better if you post this on Tony's Twitter or the MVS Discord, since this place is never noticed. 😏
Speaking of the Discord, What Happened to it? it vanished in my feed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This won't happen but I'd really love for King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and Rodan, the Legendary incarnations. They'd be a beast to play as!

I'm still suspecting we're probably only getting Godzilla and maybe if lucky maybe Mothra but I wouldn't count on it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Besides, I don't see why we need to worry about there being no monsters period when WB's game department library has some of their own, if need be.

I really hope I'm able to complete the 50 tier battle passes. Beating the preseason pass took me around 10 days, which is pretty long honestly. I hope the seasons are long enough.

I love these icons so much. Surprised no one has made custom ones yet (as far as I know).
I'm fairly sure they will be, seeing as I've heard that the staff works on developing multiple newcomers at the same time.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Besides, I don't see why we need to worry about there being no monsters period when WB's game department library has some of their own, if need be.

That's assuming they even add them to begin with.

Especially since we don't know how long Multiversus will last and the massive pool of IPs and characters they have under their belt. Those three would just be scratching the surface.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's assuming they even add them to begin with.

Especially since we don't know how long Multiversus will last.
I mean, to be fair, they did say somewhere that The Iron Giant wouldn't be the only super-tall Tank in the game, so unless they add Giganta, they really have little choice in the matter if Legendary's/Toho's giant monsters truly, honestly, supposedly, definitely, apparently, and seemingly are out of the question. For the record though, I would really be all for Giganta showing up eventually.

Meanwhile, Gandalf apparently won't be in anymore, so if that's the case for the Big G as well, there would be a leak about that sooner or later.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, to be fair, they did say somewhere that The Iron Giant wouldn't be the only super-tall Tank in the game, so unless they add Giganta, they really have little choice in the matter if Legendary's/Toho's giant monsters truly, honestly, supposedly, definitely, apparently, and seemingly are out of the question.

Meanwhile, Gandalf apparently won't be in anymore, so if that's the case for the Big G as well, there would be a leak about that sooner or later.
Aku (Of course Samurai Jack would have to get in first), Grape Ape, Starro the Conqueror, Anti-Monitor.

Pretty sure Warner Bros. has plenty of other giant characters who could get in.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And unforunately.

Aside from getting a movie a few years back which apparently did decent in the box office (Likely due to starring Dwayne Johnson). Rampage apparently hasn't been as popular as it once was like Mortal Kombat which makes me kinda doubt them.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Aku (Of course Samurai Jack would have to get in first), Grape Ape, Starro the Conqueror, Anti-Monitor.

Pretty sure Warner Bros. has plenty of other giant characters who could get in.
Right, okay, rebuttal with one that hasn't been brought up:

Steven's giant monster form from the final episode of Steven Universe: Future.

I know that would be spoileriffic, but the staff has already proven themselves that they don't balk at that kind of thing with the website profiles.

All of that aside, it really all boils down to going from "most popular" to "least popular" as far as potential roster additions could logically go. We really should just wait and see what happens.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Right, okay, rebuttal with one that hasn't been brought up:

Steven's giant monster form from the final episode of Steven Universe: Future.

I know that would be spoileriffic, but the staff has already proven themselves that they don't balk at that kind of thing with the website profiles.

All of that aside, it really all boils down to going from "most popular" to "least popular" as far as potential roster additions could logically go. We really should just wait and see what happens.
There's no reason they would add Monster Steven as a character. If they wanted a giant character from the SU series they could add Alexandrite, Malachite, Sardonyx, or one of the Diamonds, all of which would likely be substantially more well recieved.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There's no reason they would add Monster Steven as a character. If they wanted a giant character from the SU series they could add Alexandrite, Malachite, Sardonyx, or one of the Diamonds, all of which would likely be substantially more well recieved.
the diamonds of course! Can’t believe I forgot about them

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Edit: Come to think of it, Cosma from OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes could work too. Of course, that depends on that show's main characters getting in first...

I don't know what else would satisfy Michael, so I'm scraping the barrel here in terms of "Godzilla-ish". I don't know if he wants a giant character in general or just one that's specifically like Big G or Gamera at this point.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Edit: Come to think of it, Cosma from OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes could work too. Of course, that depends on that show's main characters getting in first...

I don't know what else would satisfy Michael, so I'm scraping the barrel here in terms of "Godzilla-ish". I don't know if he wants a giant character in general or just one that's specifically like Big G or Gamera at this point.
King Kong? anybody?

There's also some giant robot characters such as Gypsy Danger, The EVA's, and Simon.
Ultraman
Optimus Prime
and A Titan from Attack on Titan.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
King Kong? anybody?

There's also some giant robot characters such as Gypsy Danger, The EVA's, and Simon.
Ultraman
Optimus Prime
and A Titan from Attack on Titan.
Sure, but we're just focusing on first parties (which Kong is a part of) for now since the game is still in that territory. Don't get me wrong though, I'd pay good money if Ultraman and Optimus showed up in this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Goddammit man Gamera deserves more attention and love.

Once again probably my biggest pipe dream for this game even though I know it won't happen...
I also want the following.

Courage
George the Ape
King Kong
King Shark
Lizzie the Dinosaur
Mordecai
Ralph the Wolf
Rigby
Scorpion (I'd say Reptile but realistically if any Mortal Kombat character is gonna get in first its gonna be Scorpion)
Spear and Fang (If they get in I expect they'd be together whether Spear riding Fang the whole time or Fang being implemented into some of Spear's moves similar to Maya Fey with Phoenix Wright in UMvC3)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As cool as the iconic Whale is, we should hold off until we get the main characters of the Animal Planet series.
The fact that we don't even have a single meerkat from Meerkat Manor yet and people are pushing for Whale smh

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I wonder how much MVS fanart is out there? Would love to see how these characters would interact in fancomics and the like. Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry would get some epic interactions, I'm sure of it.

Bugs: Ehhh, what's up, docs?
Jerry: shrugs and slams hammer on Tom's foot
Tom: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also imagine Caitlin interacting with characters like Harley Quinn, Batman, Rick and Godzilla. She'd find a way to make these interactions wholesome

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Godzilla
King Kong
Gamera
Rodan
Mothra
Ghidora
Mechagodzilla
Giganta
Megas
Alexandrite
Malachite
Sardonyx
Blue Diamond
Yellow Diamond
White Diamond
Great Grape Ape
Aku
Way Big
Cosma
Starro
Anti-Monitor
George
Ralph
Lizzie
Gypsy Danger
Evangelion Unit-1
Titan
Simon
Optimus Prime
Ultraman
Whale
Okay, that should be all the possibilities for giants, assuming I didn't miss any.

I wonder how much MVS fanart is out there? Would love to see how these characters would interact in fancomics and the like. Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry would get some epic interactions, I'm sure of it.

Bugs: Ehhh, what's up, docs?
Jerry: shrugs and slams hammer on Tom's foot
Tom: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
So far there's some decent search results on Google Images. Here are some examples:

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
So, Here's a questions for your most wanted characters.

What Would You Want Their Perks to Be?
Not really one of my most wanted, but if Scout from TF2 were to be in this game, I'd imagine he'd have a baseball projectile that will deal more damage the further away the ball hits someone, while players hit upclose recieve barely any damage at all.

Keeping this in mind, I think the Scout could have a perk where the baseball temporarily stuns people for a few seconds (like the Bugs Bunny heart perk). The amount of time the stun will work is the same as how the damage is determined. Hitting upclose players stuns for a very short time while hitting far away players stuns for a long time (not too long tho, but long enough so the Scout can run to the player and punish them). The baseball will also do less damage, for balancing purposes.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Since we're talking about giant character wants... I hope we get this, including the song, ahaha

Dexter Family Mech would lowkey be super hype

Joaquin the hamster from KND is a close second though :secretkpop:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

So, before I leave, what existing skins do you folks think will be available in Season 1's launch? Task Force X seems like a given.

Oh, and Huynh left an actual cheeky hint for a currently unrevealed character:

Last edited:
Top Bottom