• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, just so everyone's keeping score, I'm nearly done with the "Season 0" Battle Pass, I'm at Tier 14 and only have a few items left on the Premium tiers.

Honestly I feel like a potential "Fire emblem" for Multiversus would be Game of thrones. First, GoT doesn't have a main character. There's like 40 "main characters" and while they're not all equally popular, you could probably make a case for a lot of them. Also a lot of them are swordfighter and they don't have unique power or abilities, so they could probably make a lot of them as clones or semi clones.
On the topic of semi/clones...

Given the seeming leaks, Nubia possibly being her own character instead of a Wonder Woman skin is interesting to me.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Just chiming in on the earlier discussion. Daphne would've been dope, and I hope she's playable one day. My most wanted Scooby-Doo characters are the Hex Girls (and Vincent Van Ghoul is a close second), but Daphne is my fav Mystery Inc. member by far

Something that makes The Gang such compelling characters is that although they have catchphrases and signature looks, they're multi-faceted, have evolved over the years, and share interchangeable character traits to varying degrees because they're a tight-knit group of meddling youngsters. Simply put, they have alot in common. For instance, Daphne is a big eater like Shaggy, and Scooby is a capable leader like Fred. But let's focus on Daphne specifically because even back when she was most danger-prone, she had a lot more going on than damsel in distress (even though throughout most of her existence, she's shown to get herself out of trouble as easily as she gets into it)

As a free-to-play fighting game, it's safe to say that cosmetics are used as rewards to entice players to play and spend money. Real talk, alt costumes are a major part of the game. And it just so happens that Daphne is a fashionista, and out of everyone in her crew, she has the most outfits by a longshot. In the live action movies alone, she had well over a dozen costume changes, but even ignoring this, she's had hundreds of animated costumes and a lot of them slap like:

A sassy moveset focusing on her fashion-loving aspect would be awesome in and of itself and she's even assembled traps and impromptu gadgets from random items in her purse (e.g. she made a grappling hook out of dental floss and ripped door hinges off with an eyelash curler). But Daphne Blake is also an intrepid reporter, the most capable fighter on her team, wealthy, and good at pretty much everything she sets her mind to (including but not limited to dancing, singing, and surfing). She's basically like Barbie meets MacGyver meets Lara Croft meets April O'Neal, all rolled up in a Scooby-Doo character, who are quirky detectives with their own signature brand of heart and humor. Her moveset potential is ridiculous, with decades of material to work with like the rest of her squad, but she also has a boatload of solid alternate costumes to choose from because that's always been her thing

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Anybody see these Multiversus trading cards they're handing out at Evo? I hope they consider selling these.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just chiming in on the earlier discussion. Daphne would've been dope, and I hope she's playable one day. My most wanted Scooby-Doo characters are the Hex Girls (and Vincent Van Ghoul is a close second), but Daphne is my fav Mystery Inc. member by far

Something that makes The Gang such compelling characters is that although they have catchphrases and signature looks, they're multi-faceted, have evolved over the years, and share interchangeable character traits to varying degrees because they're a tight-knit group of meddling youngsters. Simply put, they have alot in common. For instance, Daphne is a big eater like Shaggy, and Scooby is a capable leader like Fred. But let's focus on Daphne specifically because even back when she was most danger-prone, she had a lot more going on than damsel in distress (even though throughout most of her existence, she's shown to get herself out of trouble as easily as she gets into it)

As a free-to-play fighting game, it's safe to say that cosmetics are used as rewards to entice players to play and spend money. Real talk, alt costumes are a major part of the game. And it just so happens that Daphne is a fashionista, and out of everyone in her crew, she has the most outfits by a longshot. In the live action movies alone, she had well over a dozen costume changes, but even ignoring this, she's had hundreds of animated costumes and a lot of them slap like:

A moveset focusing on her fashion-loving aspect would be awesome in and of itself and she's even assembled traps and impromptu gadgets from random items in her purse (e.g. she made a grappling hook out of dental floss and ripped door hinges off with an eyelash curler). But Daphne Blake is also an intrepid reporter, the most capable fighter on her team, wealthy, and good at pretty much everything she sets her mind to (including but not limited to dancing, singing, and surfing). She's basically like Barbie meets MacGyver meets Lara Croft meets April O'Neal, all rolled up in a Scooby-Doo character, who are quirky detectives with their own signature brand of heart and humor. Her moveset potential is ridiculous, with decades of material to work with like the rest of her squad, but she also has a boatload of solid alternate costumes to choose from because that's always been her thing
Honestly I'd rather have Daphne than Scooby-Doo himself at this point. You talked in your post about how the gang has evolved through the year and I think that Daphne had by far the best evolution. She started has the superficial beauty who was a bit dumb and to some extent useless, but she evolve in later shows and movie to become more intelligent and even stronger so she can become more independant. Fred has the complete opposite evolution: he started has the leader but he became less and less intelligent for some reason. Well I wouldn't mind Scooby Doo being in the game but I always felt that he shine more because of his relation with Shaggy and he rarely do a lot of things alone aside being a comic relief character.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

A moveset focusing on her fashion-loving aspect would be awesome in and of itself and she's even assembled traps and impromptu gadgets from random items in her purse (e.g. she made a grappling hook out of dental floss and ripped door hinges off with an eyelash curler). But Daphne Blake is also an intrepid reporter, the most capable fighter on her team, wealthy, and good at pretty much everything she sets her mind to (including but not limited to dancing, singing, and surfing). She's basically like Barbie meets MacGyver meets Lara Croft meets April O'Neal, all rolled up in a Scooby-Doo character, who are quirky detectives with their own signature brand of heart and humor. Her moveset potential is ridiculous, with decades of material to work with like the rest of her squad, but she also has a boatload of solid alternate costumes to choose from because that's always been her thing
She also made a engine fueler for the mystery machine using a water bottle and a bobby pin(i don't remember the other material she used).

I like to say this idea is not so bad, but even then i think fred would also need to be in the game in case Daphne gets in since it'd be sad for him to be left out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I got my gamer workmate interested in the game! Mentioning that Harley is in the roster probably helped sell it for her.

Honestly I'd rather have Daphne than Scooby-Doo himself at this point. You talked in your post about how the gang has evolved through the year and I think that Daphne had by far the best evolution. She started has the superficial beauty who was a bit dumb and to some extent useless, but she evolve in later shows and movie to become more intelligent and even stronger so she can become more independant. Fred has the complete opposite evolution: he started has the leader but he became less and less intelligent for some reason. Well I wouldn't mind Scooby Doo being in the game but I always felt that he shine more because of his relation with Shaggy and he rarely do a lot of things alone aside being a comic relief character.
I feel like it's fine for him to be in here given that he's the title character of his own series. Also, part of me would like to see this make it in as a skin:

Fred has faced the almost exact issue as Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, being a standardized "straight man" leader that needed some sort of quirk to make him more interesting (although at least Leo did have the sense of honor going for him). So it's understandable that some takes on him are goofier than others.

This posts speaks to me, right here. Plenty of characters can possibly get a decent amount of skins if one digs deep enough, but Daphne in particular has a rich history to pull from, the likes of which are only rivalled by DC Comics and some Looney Tunes characters.

She also made a engine fueler for the mystery machine using a water bottle and a bobby pin(i don't remember the other material she used).

I like to say this idea is not so bad, but even then i think fred would also need to be in the game in case Daphne gets in since it'd be sad for him to be left out.
At the very least it would make things a bit less confusing when talking about him and not Fred Flintstone.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, you know what'd be awesome? If a Caitlin in MVS announcement coincided with a 6teen revival announcement
is that why you keep bringing it up? hoping that if you keep talking about it, it will come back. i do the same thing with chibi-robo

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
is that why you keep bringing it up? hoping that if you keep talking about it, it will come back. i do the same thing with chibi-robo
I've been advocating for a 6teen revival for a while now. Helps that big YTbers like Jordan Fringe are beginning to discuss it in more detail
The more this show gets talked about, the closer it gets to a potential comeback. Highly recommend trying it for yourself!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While revivals of IPs would not be a guarantee, it would at least be nice for some character inclusions from those to be immortalized in this game.

(Though I wonder if this sort of thing will happen with any other potential newcomers...)
It's hard to say. So far none of the inclusions have veered in that direction, so it's too early to tell.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've been advocating for a 6teen revival for a while now. Helps that big YTbers like Jordan Fringe are beginning to discuss it in more detail
The more this show gets talked about, the closer it gets to a potential comeback. Highly recommend trying it for yourself!
i dunno. Doesn’t seem like my kind of thing

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Best bet would probably be Rorschach. Everyone thinks of him first when they think about Watchmen.
I don't know enough about Watchmen to know if this is a joke, but I disagree. As someone not very familiar with the series, the only character from it I know off the top of my head is Dr. Manhattan. I'm not sure how feasible he would be for a fighting game (he is both OP and naked) though.

Attachments

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't know enough about Watchmen to know if this is a joke, but I disagree. As someone not very familiar with the series, the only character from it I know off the top of my head is Dr. Manhattan. I'm not sure how feasible he would be for a fighting game (he is both OP and naked) though.
I was gonna bring up Dr. Manhattan as the second character everyone thinks of, but didn't since, yeah, he's nude.

But no, I'm not joking. I remember when Watchmen had a resurgence of popularity in the 2000's, most of it revolved around this guy

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

I got my gamer workmate interested in the game! Mentioning that Harley is in the roster probably helped sell it for her.

I feel like it's fine for him to be in here given that he's the title character of his own series. Also, part of me would like to see this make it in as a skin:

Fred has faced the almost exact issue as Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, being a standardized "straight man" leader that needed some sort of quirk to make him more interesting (although at least Leo did have the sense of honor going for him). So it's understandable that some takes on him are goofier than others.

This posts speaks to me, right here. Plenty of characters can possibly get a decent amount of skins if one digs deep enough, but Daphne in particular has a rich history to pull from, the likes of which are only rivalled by DC Comics and some Looney Tunes characters.

At the very least it would make things a bit less confusing when talking about him and not Fred Flintstone.
I think you got me there for realizing not to call him "Jones"

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'd prefer Rosarch if Watchman gets in, i don't wanna see Dr. Manhatten show up censoring him would lesson my disgust but would everyone like that?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Comedian would be fairly controversial. Hell, what's the safest character from Watchmen?
At least TV Tropes lists him as a possibility. Though I can't help but think him interacting with Bugs Bunny would be deliciously ironic.

I was gonna bring up Dr. Manhattan as the second character everyone thinks of, but didn't since, yeah, he's nude.

But no, I'm not joking. I remember when Watchmen had a resurgence of popularity in the 2000's, most of it revolved around this guy
They could simply give Manhattan some briefs, just like that one Simpsons parody. He'd probably have his powers scaled down accordingly since he likely knows the outcome of the fight.

That all said though, it's almost certain they'd prioritize Rorschach first.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I agree that Rorscach is probably the most popular Watchmen characters. Imo he's prety much the main character. Sure technically Watchmen have an ensemble cast, but Rorscach is the one that drives most of the plot forward, at least early on in the comics.

Maybe we could get Nite owl as a Batman skin too? Not sure if it would fit perfectly but it could be very cool.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I agree that Rorscach is probably the most popular Watchmen characters. Imo he's prety much the main character. Sure technically Watchmen have an ensemble cast, but Rorscach is the one that drives most of the plot forward, at least early on in the comics.

Maybe we could get Nite owl as a Batman skin too? Not sure if it would fit perfectly but it could be very cool.
he’d make more sense as a blue beetle skin

D

Deleted member

Rosarch is super popular and is basicly the "main character" of the book. Plus DC loves milking him.

It would be one of those two though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Manifesting an alt for Wally West based on when he temporarily had Dr Manhattan's powers after he sat on the Morbius Mobius Chair

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rule number 1 of comics is that it can always get more stupid and absurd
The Silver Age was gold for that sort of thing (especially where Superman was concerned).

Good thing this game can excel at being stupid and absurd, though. I mean we have Wonder Woman skipping rope with her Lasso of Truth while Batman forgets just how many gadgets he's packed that day. It's pretty charming, really.

I want to see more silly little moments like that, maybe something like Aquaman feeding goldfish in a bowl for a taunt, or the Martian Manhunter wondering how Scooby Snacks must taste like.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be honest. Semiclones in a game like this would be awful. This isn't like Smash where there's a boatload of moves they have to phone in. Even Nubia and the Game of Thrones characters have loads of potential. MVS' biggest thing that will keep it around is the characters, getting lazy and making semi clones would be a terrible decision.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be honest. Semiclones in a game like this would be awful. This isn't like Smash where there's a boatload of moves they have to phone in. Even Nubia and the Game of Thrones characters have loads of potential. MVS' biggest thing that will keep it around is the characters, getting lazy and making semi clones would be a terrible decision.
Luckily, Tony is aiming for unique fighters although he did say he had an idea for semiclones so don't know about that.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Plumbus is oart if morty's moveset.

What the he ll is pumblus?
It’s a “household object” that is a all purpose device. Everyone knows what it does yet no one explains how it works.

Edit: While I’m here Tony confirmed on Twitter Morty is considered an “Expert” character

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It’s a “household object” that is a all purpose device. Everyone knows what it does yet no one explains how it works.

Edit: While I’m here Tony confirmed on Twitter Morty is considered an “Expert” character

Okay, maybe I really should try out his show if he has enough material to be this complex. Getting curious.

Luckily, Tony is aiming for unique fighters although he did say he had an idea for semiclones so don't know about that.
I figure that at least certain techniques could be shared (like, say, ninja moves among characters like Naruto and Enid), though I have no idea how things will work out anyhow.

Top Bottom