• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Come to think of it, seeing as Jabberjaw is one of the more popular Scooby-Doo analogues from back in H-B's heyday, I wouldn't be shocked if he showed up in this game in some capacity, especially considering how the planned appearance in Scoob! fell through.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Come to think of it, seeing as Jabberjaw is one of the more popular Scooby-Doo analogues from back in H-B's heyday, I wouldn't be shocked if he showed up in this game in some capacity, especially considering how the planned appearance in Scoob! fell through.
He also appeared in a special Scooby Doo episode from 2021 and in a crossover comics in 2018 with Aquaman so he's definitely not forgotten. I could see it happening eventually but I think they would put priority on other Hannah Barbera franchise like Flinstones or Yogi bear.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have a confession to make. So you know how I kept saying Toho was stingy and wouldn't let Godzilla in or one wrong move and he'd be cut?

It was just an act as a means to save myself the disappointment in case Godzilla didn't make it. I really do want him in believe me.

I apologize for all the times I kept saying "Toho was stingy" and all that. Again was just trying to save myself the inevitable possible disappointment if Big G didn't get in.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I have a confession to make. So you know how I kept saying Toho was stingy and wouldn't let Godzilla in or one wrong move and he'd be cut?

It was just an act as a means to save myself the disappointment in case Godzilla didn't make it. I really do want him in believe me.

I apologize for all the times I kept saying "Toho was stingy" and all that. Again was just trying to save myself the inevitable possible disappointment if Big G didn't get in.
There's already rumors that this fate will happen to Gandalf.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He also appeared in a special Scooby Doo episode from 2021 and in a crossover comics in 2018 with Aquaman so he's definitely not forgotten. I could see it happening eventually but I think they would put priority on other Hannah Barbera franchise like Flinstones or Yogi bear.
I think both of those are likely, but Fred certainly would get focus at first. Helps that he was in the initial batch of reported leaks.

Plus, they might want an excuse to reference Stone Age Smackdown:

If it helps you feel better, the Midway stable does have Lizzie as a close enough Big G analogue. I really would want a fun Rampage stage in which damn-near everything is destroyable!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If it helps you feel better, the Midway stable does have Lizzie as a close enough Big G analogue. I really would want a fun Rampage stage in which damn-near everything is destroyable!
The only question is...Is Rampage even popular enough to warrant a spot in this game? I'd definitely love to see George, Lizzie and Ralph make the cut.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rampage got a movie recently. It's one of the few non-Mortal Kombat Midway IPs that they care about.
I mean...Anything nowadays could get a movie, don't think that's an indicator of its popularity. I really don't think that means much.

The series' last game was Total Destruction and that was back in 2006.

And its definitely nowhere as popular as Mortal Kombat or Godzilla is.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
With the game's scope and ambition, they'd likely need to mine anything they have if some WB film adaptation licenses are tough to use. Otherwise it's on to anime/non-DC comic/non-Midway or Adult Swim game/etc 3rd party territory.

Besides, it'd be bleeding weird to have the Iron Giant be the only super-tall Tank in the game.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyone one I’d like to see is Speed Buggy, imagine playing as a living vehicle in this game. And I also want Shaggy to have skins of his clones from both those shows too.

Besides, it'd be bleeding weird to have the Iron Giant be the only super-tall Tank in the game.
Let’s get Grape Ape in this ****, fellas!

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So what stages do you guys see for the existing series/want for new series?
Here's my List
DC: Metropolis, The Fortress of Solitude, Themyscira, The Hall of the Justice League, Oa, Atlantis, and Apocalypse
Looney Tunes: Wascally Woods, The Desert, Mars, and The Space Jam Court(Oh Wait)
Adventure Time: The Candy Kingdom
Steven Universe: Galaxy Temple
Tom & Jerry: House Hallway
Craig of the Creek: The Creek Overview
Beetlejuice: Graveyard
The Powerpuff Girls: Trouble in Townsville
Ben 10: Bellwood Downtown and Null Void
Samurai Jack: The Future of Aku, Ancient Temple(Jack's Home), and Deserted Ruins
Mortal Kombat: Dojo
Godzilla: Tokyo
The LEGO Movie: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Mad Max: The Road Dash Scene
The Flintstones: Bedrock
OK K.O.: Lakewood Plaza Turbo
The Amazing World of Gumball: Elmore Junior High
Courage the Cowardly Dog: Middle of Nowhere
Regular Show: The Park
Mob Psycho 100: Mob's Reality Dreamworld or A Stage Based on the Opening of the first season
Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends: Fosters Home and Imaginary World
Chowder: Mung Daal's Catering Company Kitchen and Mt. Fondoom
Mao Mao: Pureheart Valley
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Cairo Rooftops
Aqua Teen Hunger Force: The ATHF Home
Death Battle: DBX Arena
Uncle Grandpa: The UGRV
Cartoon Network: Cartoon Cartoons

Edit at 8/9/22 at 9:25 PM: Added Bedrock and Fixed The 2nd Ben 10 Stage Option.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Edit:

This just in, Morty will be fun for the player.

Anyone one I’d like to see is Speed Buggy, imagine playing as a living vehicle in this game. And I also want Shaggy to have skins of his clones from both those shows too.

Let’s get Grape Ape in this ****, fellas!
I am behind all of those points you bring up, yo. Besides the spoiler character, it'd be cool to have Giganta in here.

Speaking of skins for Shaggy lookalikes, it's still amazing that they actually brought back his uncle Shagworthy for this, guy hadn't been used since a PC game back in 1999.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
New season of Rick & Morty airs on September 4
This probably isn't a coincidence, but if the MVS Season 1 delay is related to that, at least it won't be too far off.

Edit: Update! In regards to character possibilities, it looks like Huynh would also like Marceline as much as the fans do.

https://www.theloadout.com/multiversus/marceline-tony-huynh

Yes, baby, please! It would be hilarious to trigger her themed ring out when playing as her.

How would you guys rate King Shark's chances of getting in?

Especially giving his rising popularity over these past years?
I'm not good with statistics, so I'd say 70% depending on whether or not they spend their time scraping WB's catalogue of owned characters.

If he does start out as a ring out animation, it's entirely possible that they could promote him from that, though.

So what stages do you guys see for the existing series/want for new series?
Here is a prototype list, with a few surprises towards the end.

DC: Metropolis, Arkham Asylum, Themyscira
Looney Tunes: The Desert (AKA Death Valley), Martian Throne Room, Planet X, Tasmania, Duck Amuck
The Flintstones: Bedrock
The Powerpuff Girls: Pokey Oaks Kindergarten, Mojo Jojo's Observatory
Samurai Jack: Aku's Tower
OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes: Lakewood Plaza Turbo
Regular Show: The Park
The Eric Andre Show: The Set.
Mortal Kombat: Goro's Lair, The Pit/Scislac Busorez, Shao Khan's Arena, Warrior Shrine
Rampage: Chicago
The Mask: Coco Bongo Club
Sailor Moon: Tokyo Tower
Sonic The Hedgehog: Green Hill Zone, Sky Sanctuary Zone, Metallic Madness Zone
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: New York City, Sewer Lair Dojo, Technodrome

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Has anyone asked Tony Huynh on Twitter if 3rd-party main and secondary characters from game series not owned by WB are indeed possible? I assume that we'd have to take for granted that it is indeed the case, but I just wanted to be 100% sure on this point.
I think that they're possible, except for Nintendo characters obviously.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I hope WB is willing to try out third-party characters, gaming or otherwise

And you know why by now, so I'm not gonna be any more annoying about it than I have been already
Given the silly amount of non-brand guest characters that did cross over with Netherrealm's fighting games, there's no doubt they'd do so. The only question is when, rather than if.

Also, the only real concern is about the horror film villains (which did get adapted into kiddie formats before anyway).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Season 1 starts on the 15th
Morty is playable a week later

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Well, Time to Hear Justin Rolland as Morty First.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Note that all the promised content such as Arcade and Ranked will not be available on Season 1 launch day.

Top Bottom