• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Robin Hood is public domain.
D'oh, right. Not gonna lie I tend to forget about public domain stuff.

So much for having "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" in the soundtrack. :4pacman:

I'm not gonna try and predict who's gonna be chosen. I mean for the longest time I thought Isaac was a lock for Smash Ultimate. Boy did I feel stupid come November. :secretkpop:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
D'oh, right. Not gonna lie I tend to forget about public domain stuff.

So much for having "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" in the soundtrack. :4pacman:

I'm not gonna try and predict who's gonna be chosen. I mean for the longest time I thought Isaac was a lock for Smash Ultimate. Boy did I feel stupid come November. :secretkpop:
Keep in mind, as far as the early DLC waves for this go, we're still in the territory of "super-big names". This is an entirely different can of worms with no established support groups. Plus one of the official Twitter posts following the Velma leaks heavily implied that not everything that was in the leaks could make the cut.

So, it'll probably be Katniss from Hunger Games, or:

I also heard someone point out Gizmo, reminding me of the Rambo Headband he dawned.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Keep in mind, as far as the early DLC waves for this go, we're still in the territory of "super-big names". This is an entirely different can of worms with no established support groups. Plus one of the official Twitter posts following the Velma leaks heavily implied that not everything that was in the leaks could make the cut.

So, it'll probably be Katniss from Hunger Games, or:
The Hunger Games belongs to Lionsgate so it's probably not Katniss.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord

Some characters announcement tomorrow in the opening screen. Will be dropping in Season 1.

So do we keep the space theme or whatever the bow and arrow tease was?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I have a feeling seaosns won't really be "themed" but rather whoevers ready. At least for the first li
Honestly, with the 2 characters that seem to have the most progress done (Marvin and Raven) I guess the space theme could fit. (Is Raven even from space? I honestly don't know)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Come on Courage!

Come on George the Ape!

Come on Godzilla!

Come on King Kong!

Come on King Shark!

Come on Lizzie the Dinosaur!

Come on Mordecai!

Come on Ralph the Wolf!

Come on Rigby!

Come on Scorpion!

Come on Spear and Fang!

Ain't happening but **** it come on Gamera (Heisei incarnation)!

D

Deleted member

Wondering what form this tease will take. Maybe more hands in the title screen?

What time is the update tomorrow?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Come on, Scorpion!

Come on, Marvin the Martian!

Come on, Black Adam!

Come on, Poison Ivy!

Come on, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

Well, either them or some random character that no one or barely anyone guessed.

I have a feeling seaosns won't really be "themed" but rather whoevers ready. At least for the first few
Pretty much, I mean the staff works on several characters at a time. Plus I expect the skins to be all over the place in regards to themes aside from occasional timed batches like the current Summer one.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Have you noticed how every new character gets the same introduction? Our first colossal character! our first basketball-wielding character! our first plumbus character.

When are we getting our first spear-throwing character? or our first scythe-wielding character? or our first meth-cooking character?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All this talk of unlocking characters?

Whose playable at the start? One would think Batman of all characters would be a default character...Apparently not the case it seems.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All this talk of unlocking characters?

Whose playable at the start? One would think Batman of all characters would be a default character...Apparently not the case it seems.
Since it’s a Free to Play game there is no traditional starting roster, similar to other Free to Play fighting games such as 2013 Killer Instinct.
Instead 4 characters are unlocked for a limited time while everyone else requires purchase. Prices are as follows (note: you can also use 700 premium currency to unlock characters):
Expert characters (Arya, Iron Giant, Steven, and Tom & Jerry) are 3,000 Gold
“Recommended” Characters (Garnet and Shaggy) are 1,500 Gold (Taz is also showing as 1,500 Gold for some reason)
Everyone else is 2,000 Gold.

Wonder Woman is an exception as she is unlocked upon completing the tutorial.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's my predictions for tomorrow, roughly in order of how much I expect them.
  • Marvin
  • Danerys (or another Westerosverse character)
  • Legolas (or another Tolkienverse character)
  • Raven

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
New promo art showed up on Xbox, showing off a couple new characters.

0t6bpu11zsh91.jpg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
About time they got to Stripe! Looking forward to seeing how he's implemented.

I figured they'd save Black Adam closer to his film's release, though I suppose it was initially intended to release in July before getting shifted around.

Last edited:
Glad Black Adam is out of the way. Although I find him more interesting than Taz, Rick, Morty, and Lebron... That's not saying much, the characters after him going off the datamine are significantly more interesting.

Top Bottom