• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Hey, so uh.....

I'm in a Discord server that has a channel on Multiversus. And a friend of mine pointed out something in the more recent pieces of leaked content that seems to be indicating a potentially really exciting inclusion.

So Beetlejuice's voicelines leaked.

For reference, here they are:
Now then, something interesting to note....is that he has a line going "You have a teammate named Deadman?"

For those who don't know, Deadman is the name of a DC hero.

And he's a member of Justice League Dark.

So we might very well be getting a JLD rep. Probably either Zatanna or John Constantine. Either way, I'm stoked.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hey, so uh.....

I'm in a Discord server that has a channel on Multiversus. And a friend of mine pointed out something in the more recent pieces of leaked content that seems to be indicating a potentially really exciting inclusion.

Now then, something interesting to note....is that he has a line going "You have a teammate named Deadman?"

So we might very well be getting a JLD rep. Probably either Zatanna or John Constantine. Either way, I'm stoked.
Have Black Adam, Harley Quinn, or Poision Ivy ever been on a team with him? It's best to account for all possibilities, but then again i'm not much of a DC fan so I'm not really sure of his history

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Have Black Adam, Harley Quinn, or Poision Ivy ever been on a team with him? It's best to account for all possibilities, but then again i'm not much of a DC fan so I'm not really sure of his history
I don't think any of them have, and even if they somehow did, JLD is easily the team Deadman is most associated with

D

Deleted member

according to a Wikipedia page Deadman has been on the regular League at some point, so this could be for one of the existing DC characters. Zatanna or Constantine getting in I could kind of see though since DC loves to use Constantine and Zatanna has a project in early development (though after Batgirl who knows what's happening there)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The most association Boston Brand has with being on the exact same team as any of the Trinity is him being in the reserves for the Justice League and whilst Wonder Woman has been on the JLD, Brand wasn't a member at the time. I think it's safe to say the line is directed at Constantine and/or Zatanna.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey, so uh.....

Oh, you have no idea how excited this is making me, possibly. Besides the JLD animated films, DC Super Hero Girls is the most recent mainstream DC thing that features Zatanna.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
he's teamed up with batman several times. that would make the most sense
Here's the thing, it's important to note that he says "teammate". Not "partner", not "friend", not "you know someone named Deadman?", he says "teammate". Which, IMO, implies an official team thing as opposed to one-off partnerships. And JLD is the team he's most associated with.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna come out and say it. The game feels even more janky than it did last patch.
They overdid it with the nerfs and now certain characters feel weird to play, and in general the hitboxes feel even worse, it feels like only half of my attacks are even connecting.

Is it just me? Me and a friend were playing just now and we both felt a difference.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When do you suppose they'll eventually reveal Godzilla? Hopefully not March 2024 due to the next MonsterVerse movie. That'd be helluva (Pun intended) long time.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When do you suppose they'll eventually reveal Godzilla? Hopefully not March 2024 due to the next MonsterVerse movie. That'd be helluva (Pun intended) long time.
If I had to guess, maybe around February/March? They wanted to take a bit of a break after Iron Giant when it came to colossal characters, and that would give them a decent one. Plus, there are a lot of other characters with more stuff in the files right now, like Black Adam, Stripe and Gizmo (who apparently act as a Pyra/Mythra or Zelda/Sheik styled switcher according to dataminers), Wicked Witch, Beetlejuice, Marvin the Martian, and Raven. Rick and Morty also haven't released yet. So if we get those beforehand, for example, February or March sounds about right.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I had to guess, maybe around February/March? They wanted to take a bit of a break after Iron Giant when it came to colossal characters, and that would give them a decent one. Plus, there are a lot of other characters with more stuff in the files right now, like Black Adam, Stripe and Gizmo (who apparently act as a Pyra/Mythra or Zelda/Sheik styled switcher according to dataminers), Wicked Witch, Beetlejuice, Marvin the Martian, and Raven. Rick and Morty also haven't released yet. So if we get those beforehand, for example, February or March sounds about right.
Oof gonna be a while then. But given how things has been going, time will surely fly by then.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm just gonna come out and say it. The game feels even more janky than it did last patch.
They overdid it with the nerfs and now certain characters feel weird to play, and in general the hitboxes feel even worse, it feels like only half of my attacks are even connecting.

Is it just me? Me and a friend were playing just now and we both felt a difference.
It's under maintenance.

Stripe and Gizmo (who apparently act as a Pyra/Mythra or Zelda/Sheik styled switcher according to dataminers)
That's a switch, if true. It's one thing for a villain to be prioritized, but them swapping into a hero at will? Oddly creative way to include the Mogwai and Gremlins at the same time without taking up much space.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the character who appears on your home screen? I've only ever had Wonder Woman there, and I'd honestly like to swap her out for someone I actually like to play as.
They swapped out Finn, Reindog, Superman, and Garnet to Batman, Arya, Lebron, and Steven for me.

I had Wonder Woman, The Looney Tunes Characters, and Shaggy(And Batman) unlocked before the rotation so that's the only thing that changed for me.

Anyways, since we might know who's coming to Season 1, i looked back at my personal predictions list & edited to see what the final 30 could be.'
  1. Batman
  2. Shaggy Rogers
  3. Bugs Bunny
  4. Arya Stark
  5. Garnet
  6. Jake the Dog
  7. Tasmania Devil
  8. Harley Quinn
  9. Tom & Jerry
  10. Superman
  11. The Iron Giant
  12. Wonder Woman
  13. Velma Dinkley
  14. Finn hte Human
  15. Steven Universe
  16. Reindog
  17. Lebron James
  18. Morty Smith
  19. Rick Sanchez
  20. Black Adam
  21. Gizmo/Stripe
  22. Beetlejuice
  23. The Wicked Witch of the West
  24. Raven
  25. Nubia
  26. Poison Ivy
  27. Daenerys
  28. Marvin the Martian
  29. Scooby-Doo!
  30. The Joker
Based on the statement from Tony about female characters, we might get the DC Girls and Daenerys in Season 1, that would be enough to fill in the roster with some girl characters, Scooby would probably be in the game by the time season 1 ends same with Marvin due to the files suggesting he's finished.

As for the last choice, i was stuck on a couple of different characters to the point were i couldn't guess who would make more sense, there's Eleven to promote Stranger Things, The Hound who'd have to be in here if Daenerys is, or Static to complete the DC pack, Then i realize i haven't considered Joker & thought he'd make sense to have in Season 1, he was teased by Tony for them making villains and the dungeon files state he's gonna be a boss with nothing stopping him from being playable.

So, in the end this is my final predictions for the roster so far, feel free to share your own predictions on the final roster.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here's the thing, it's important to note that he says "teammate". Not "partner", not "friend", not "you know someone named Deadman?", he says "teammate". Which, IMO, implies an official team thing as opposed to one-off partnerships. And JLD is the team he's most associated with.
that feels like the sort of nitpicking game devs don't do

Lauren Faust.
any relation to felix?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They swapped out Finn, Reindog, Superman, and Garnet to Batman, Arya, Lebron, and Steven for me.

I had Wonder Woman, The Looney Tunes Characters, and Shaggy(And Batman) unlocked before the rotation so that's the only thing that changed for me.

Anyways, since we might know who's coming to Season 1, i looked back at my personal predictions list & edited to see what the final 30 could be.'
  1. Batman
  2. Shaggy Rogers
  3. Bugs Bunny
  4. Arya Stark
  5. Garnet
  6. Jake the Dog
  7. Tasmania Devil
  8. Harley Quinn
  9. Tom & Jerry
  10. Superman
  11. The Iron Giant
  12. Wonder Woman
  13. Velma Dinkley
  14. Finn hte Human
  15. Steven Universe
  16. Reindog
  17. Lebron James
  18. Morty Smith
  19. Rick Sanchez
  20. Black Adam
  21. Gizmo/Stripe
  22. Beetlejuice
  24. Raven
  25. Nubia
  26. Poison Ivy
  27. Daenerys
  28. Marvin the Martian
  29. Scooby-Doo!
  30. The Joker
Based on the statement from Tony about female characters, we might get the DC Girls and Daenerys in Season 1, that would be enough to fill in the roster with some girl characters, Scooby would probably be in the game by the time season 1 ends same with Marvin due to the files suggesting he's finished.

As for the last choice, i was stuck on a couple of different characters to the point were i couldn't guess who would make more sense, there's Eleven to promote Stranger Things, The Hound who'd have to be in here if Daenerys is, or Static to complete the DC pack, Then i realize i haven't considered Joker & thought he'd make sense to have in Season 1, he was teased by Tony for them making villains and the dungeon files state he's gonna be a boss with nothing stopping him from being playable.

So, in the end this is my final predictions for the roster so far, feel free to share your own predictions on the final roster.
It feels weird to see The Joker possibly come this late when he's shown up early in MK11's DLC period.

That said, there is no doubt that The Joker will become playable sooner or later. One would have to be crazy not to let anyone play as him since he's heavily marketable. 🤪

Anywho, we'd be lucky to even get Marvin, the Witch and Beetlejuice by November at most.

any relation to felix?

No.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

1. Batman
  2. Shaggy Rogers
  3. Bugs Bunny
  4. Arya Stark
  5. Garnet
  6. Jake the Dog
  7. Tasmania Devil
  8. Harley Quinn
  9. Tom & Jerry
  10. Superman
  11. The Iron Giant
  12. Wonder Woman
  13. Velma Dinkley
  14. Finn hte Human
  15. Steven Universe
  16. Reindog
  17. Lebron James
  18. Morty Smith
  19. Rick Sanchez
  20. Black Adam
  21. Gizmo/Stripe
  22. Beetlejuice
  24. Raven
  25. Nubia
  26. Poison Ivy
  27. Daenerys
  28. Marvin the Martian
  29. Scooby-Doo!
  30. The Joker

Stop, We're not getting that much characters in season 1. I think 4 is already a lot and we'd be lucky to have another one.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Torgo isn't talking about the free character rotation. Torgo was talking about the main menu screen where Wonder Woman is standing in the middle.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the character who appears on your home screen? I've only ever had Wonder Woman there, and I'd honestly like to swap her out for someone I actually like to play as.
Sadly, there seems to be no way to change this. There might be a way to change it in the future tho.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought this would be important to post here:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since the game "fully launches" by year's end, I assume that Season 2 would be when the game starts moving away from its beta phase, seeing as Season 1 focuses on adding the staple Arcade Mode.

That being said, if there are any characters that are safe bets of getting in at some point, it would have to be Scooby-Doo and Fred Flintstone, since they're huge household names, and on the DC side there's Poison Ivy and The Joker, being heavily associated with Harley. Also, Neo is likely to be added to tie into the new Matrix film, I guess.

My two cents in regards to the Deadman thing, it would be weird to assume he's among Batman's usual protégés, but then again ol' Beetle boy isn't alright in the head anyway, so, whether Constantine and/or Zatanna get in later, it wouldn't be hinted at via dialogue regardless.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A very particular banner has been found in the files.
Also Morty apparently has a voice clip for "blue pill or red pill, what'll it be?". Granted it's ripped straight from the show, but I have no idea what context they'd use it for otherwise.

Needless to say... Woah...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also Morty apparently has a voice clip for "blue pill or red pill, what'll it be?". Granted it's ripped straight from the show, but I have no idea what context they'd use it for otherwise.

This is gonna be a lot of fun

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Woah indeed. It's funny that you bring this up shortly after I brought up the Matrix.

This is gonna be a lot of fun
I'll say, Neo Vs./with Superman matchups are gonna be crazy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
i wonder how many more things included in lego dimensions will find their way here
It'd be funny to see B.A. Baracus pity any fools who try to take on him.

On a more serious note, in regards to non-third-party stuff, I could at least see the Midway stuff be included, whenever it's technically possible. Maybe Sloth from The Goonies.

Also, Marceline was in that game, and Huynh does want to include her at some point, if it's possible (and he had said that KO effects don't deconfirm).

We need the Neo/Neo team up

It'll be interesting to see if any of WB's anime-like properties will get in, between this and Battle Chef Brigade.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Tony's favourite Scooby Doo character is Velma = Velma is in.

Tony's favourite Steven Universe character is Peridot = ....
Okay but unironically, Peridot would be so cool in this game.

She's my favorite SU character too...

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
i think there's only one SU character i'd be annoyed with if they got in
Are you looking for a "who?" response or are you talking about Peridot? Because if the former, who? If the latter, way to be a spoilsport.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Are you looking for a "who?" response or are you talking about Peridot? Because if the former, who? If the latter, way to be a spoilsport.
no I was looking for an different way to say: of course peridot would be cool. Most of the characters would be cool

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Okay but unironically, Peridot would be so cool in this game.

She's my favorite SU character too...
I'd be cool with Peridot too, but despite my username she's not my top pick for a Steven Universe character. I think Spinel has potential for a really cool moveset, and is my absolute most wanted. I also think going with one of the Diamonds, Malachite, or Obsidian would be a really cool way to add another giant-sized character, especially one that's more humanoid.

Top Bottom