• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, Tony did confirm there's still some surprises in store for Season 1, so that should be interesting. I mean, gotta keep things exciting for the next couple of months.

By the way, @Darkonedagger , there's one last crucial point you didn't mention:

There is no set roster number limit, if the fans still want more characters to be added to the game, they will do it (as long as they're able, of course).

And yes, they read every suggestion on Twitter and Discord.

A few other interesting points that you didn't mentionned:

-The team would like to do Smash like CGI trailer for character reveal but with the small team that they have it's pretty much impossible.
-The Discovery merger hasn't affected the game. He says it's actually pretty nice to have a bigger catalog of things to pull from (tho from my ressearch it doesn't seems like there's a lot of potential for fighters but who knows)
-He would like to add anime and video game characters but he can promised anything for now.
-When asked about Michael Jordan in the game he just laughed and said "I can't really comment". Not sure if it means that he can come later.
Discovery has Food Network, so celebrities like Guy Fieri and Bobby Flay are possible.

To me, it sounds like Michael Jordan is firmly in the "can't confirm nor deny" camp.

This is all super interesting to hear about! Lots of doors opening up from what we've been hearing about.

Not sure how Caitlin might factor into this, but seeing more characters added is pretty much always a good thing in my book
Seeing as 6Teen is in third-party territory, which the staff is open about to begin with, not much has changed for that. You never know, I guess, I mean Jude managed to show up in Total Dramarama, of all things.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Discovery has Food Network, so celebrities like Guy Fieri and Bobby Flay are possible.
Yeah but it's not like Discovery own Bobby Flay just because he have a show on Food network, so they would still need lot of negociation and honestly I don't see them doing all that work for a chef.

That being said, I do remember that Guy Fieri wanted to be in Fall guys (twitter link). To be fair it could have been a joke, but assuming he was serious maybe he would be open to being in other games including Multiversus. At the very least I think Guy Fieri could work better than Bobby Flay because of his personality.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah but it's not like Discovery own Bobby Flay just because he have a show on Food network, so they would still need lot of negociation and honestly I don't see them doing all that work for a chef.

That being said, I do remember that Guy Fieri wanted to be in Fall guys (twitter link). To be fair it could have been a joke, but assuming he was serious maybe he would be open to being in other games including Multiversus. At the very least I think Guy Fieri could work better than Bobby Flay because of his personality.
If nothing else, I do like the idea of Guy having a few moves inspired by Guy's Grocery Games.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Seeing as 6Teen is in third-party territory, which the staff is open about to begin with, not much has changed for that. You never know, I guess, I mean Jude managed to show up in Total Dramarama, of all things.
Chances are if they DO pick a 6teen rep, it'll be Jude or Nikki due to their larger popularity - but that probably won't crush my dreams too quickly. I mean, Steven Universe has multiple reps after all

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Invincible or Omni-Man would be cool additions to the game.

Who do you think they'd likely go with?

Edit: Given Invincible's popularity. Invincible in Injustice 3 or Omni-Man in Mortal Kombat 12 ain't out of the question either...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well, that certainly addresses my concerns about whether Joe would notice the recent Gremlins addition. That's so cool.

Invincible or Omni-Man would be cool additions to the game.

Who do you think they'd likely go with?

Edit: Given Invincible's popularity. Invincible in Injustice 3 or Omni-Man in Mortal Kombat 12 ain't out of the question either...
Invincible, no doubt. The latter isn't quite known enough, although they could put both of them in for easy familial spats.

If we're talking Image Comics characters in general, though, Spawn is obviously who would be coming first before any other IPs.

They read every suggestion in Twitter? Yikes
I think that they would filter out the most offensive posts.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The latter isn't quite known enough
Not quite known?

Who do you think spawned the "Think Mark Think!" and "Need to mimic a fraction of our power" memes?

Omni-Man obviously.

Also had a Death Battle with Homelander likely in response to the show not too long ago.

Given that I'd arguably honestly say he's more popular then his son and they might actually go with him instead. Basically be the whole Nigel Thornberry/Hugh Newtron scenario again where the dad's are more popular then the protagonists and are chosen instead.

Edit: And it also helps Omni-Man is an evil Superman analog which has been a popular trend lately (Homelander, Injustice Superman, Plutonian, Tighten, etc.).

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just thought about something, maybe we could get Joel or Ellie from the last of us in this game. The last of us series wil aired soon on HBO and Sony was open to Kratos in Fortnite so I think it could be a possiblity that they could work with Sony to put a character in this game. I personally wouldn't care about it too much but the franchise is pretty huge despite being young.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hell I'd argue with the Superhero popularity (Hence why we got the show) and response to the show. Invincible might become more popular then Spawn as a result.

Especially when Omni-Man alone spawned two memes. Wouldn't surprise me if at some point the series replaces Spawn as Image's most recognizable series.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
they'd still have the read them in the first place and i imagine that'll be very waring on the soul and brain
Compared to what the Netherrealm staff goes through on a regular basis, that's easy mode. After a while, one gets desensitized by regular net nonsense.

Not quite known?

Who do you think spawned the "Think Mark Think!" and "Need to mimic a fraction of our power" memes?

Omni-Man obviously.

Also had a Death Battle with Homelander likely in response to the show not too long ago.

Given that I'd arguably honestly say he's more popular then his son and they might actually go with him instead. Basically be the whole Nigel Thornberry/Hugh Newtron scenario again where the dad's are more popular then the protagonists and are chosen instead.

Edit: And it also helps Omni-Man is an evil Superman analog which has been a popular trend lately (Homelander, Injustice Superman, Plutonian, Tighten, etc.).
Jeez, my bad, I haven't really paid attention to the scene for the animated version. 🤕

On a related note for evil Supermans, I wonder when the Black Lantern skin will become available publically.

I just thought about something, maybe we could get Joel or Ellie from the last of us in this game. The last of us series wil aired soon on HBO and Sony was open to Kratos in Fortnite so I think it could be a possiblity that they could work with Sony to put a character in this game. I personally wouldn't care about it too much but the franchise is pretty huge despite being young.
That's a valid point, yes.

Though honestly speaking, I would much rather see Kratos get in here (which is also likely). The interactions with Wonder Woman would be interesting.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Hearing about the absolute cleanup that is happening with HBO max titles, it does make you worry which IPs might suddenly go bye bye and force the devs to pick carefully in case the big wigs suddenly decide to sell the IP to someone else, making a simple character addition into a guest character and adding a lot more complications, which is probably what happened with LOTR.

Goes to show that while games like these feel like fever dreams, the shaky ownership of IPs makes certain characters a bit of a nightmare to implement rights wise.

I'm just having DBD flashbacks with Freddy and Pinhead all over again.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hearing about the absolute cleanup that is happening with HBO max titles, it does make you worry which IPs might suddenly go bye bye and force the devs to pick carefully in case the big wigs suddenly decide to sell the IP to someone else, making a simple character addition into a guest character and adding a lot more complications, which is probably what happened with LOTR.

Goes to show that while games like these feel like fever dreams, the shaky ownership of IPs makes certain characters a bit of a nightmare to implement rights wise.

I'm just having DBD flashbacks with Freddy and Pinhead all over again.
Freddy and Pinhead are fine although for the former they weren't allowed to use the original for reasons i have no good idea why, But stranger things was removed from purchasement due to Netflix not wanting to let them use the characters again probably for their own personal goals that flopped.

Fortunately, they are letting them use the series again if rumors hold water but maybe they're failures to branch out on their own must've influenced them to go back.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At least WB still has a metric ton of IPs and characters to pull from. Goes to show just how extensive their library has gotten over the past couple of decades.

In the meantime, here's a couple of recent fan efforts.

Also, some Morty moves got leaked, among other things:

https://gamerant.com/multiversus-leaks-morty-move-set/

Before anyone asks, yes, his voicelines are also ripped from the show.

Fortunately, they are letting them use the series again if rumors hold water but maybe they're failures to branch out on their own must've influenced them to go back.
That probably explains why there hasn't been much movement with the Eleven leak for a good while now.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We'd get Richard before we ever got Gumball and Nicole.

Them cartoon dad's. The memes, the memes! If Nigel Thornberry and Hugh Newtron taught us anything. That also goes for Omni-Man as well.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Them cartoon dad's. The memes, the memes! If Nigel Thornberry and Hugh Newtron taught us anything. That also goes for Omni-Man as well.
So, given that logic...Would that make Mr. Gar get in sooner? Granted he's a stepdad, but still. Then again, K.O.'s actual biological dad is very popular with fangirls).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, given that logic...Would that make Mr. Gar get in sooner? Granted he's a stepdad, but still. Then again, K.O.'s actual biological dad is very popular with fangirls).
If he's got the memes then yes.

The memes KirbyWorshipper! The memes! Remember the memes!

It's why Nigel and Hugh got in Nick All-Stars Brawl over their children.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

The Multiversus devs clearly aren't going by the same rules as the NASB devs.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The Multiversus devs clearly aren't going by the same rules as the NASB devs.
Yeah, the thing is, they went for a specific meme that existed during the MK11 days to justify Shaggy getting in over Scooby early on. Meanwhile, every other character that was prioritized first in their series over any leads or title characters so far was due to actual bias (Velma) or a recent project to tie into (Black Adam). Stripe almost would have fit this, if it weren't for Tony specifying that he's bundled up with Gizmo.

Then there's Harley, who's established to be in a league of her own to the point that she was prioritized as the first DC antagonist inclusion over even "Mistah J".

Also, it doesn't hurt that the staff for MVS has far more legroom overall for the stuff that they want to add.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
At least WB still has a metric ton of IPs and characters to pull from. Goes to show just how extensive their library has gotten over the past couple of decades.

That probably explains why there hasn't been much movement with the Eleven leak for a good while now.
Just made my own with some of my most wanted characters

6qgyr6.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That one twitter post got me doing a quick collage

I really hope that if we get Green Lantern, John Stewart ends up being the one they go with. Worst case scenario he'd probably still get in as an alt for another Lantern, but as a kid, the DCAU Justice League shows were my first exposure to a lot of DC characters. So in that sense, John was always like, the Green Lantern for me.

The fact that the other League members are heavily based on their DCAU versions gives me hope at least.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I really hope that if we get Green Lantern, John Stewart ends up being the one they go with. Worst case scenario he'd probably still get in as an alt for another Lantern, but as a kid, the DCAU Justice League shows were my first exposure to a lot of DC characters. So in that sense, John was always like, the Green Lantern for me.

The fact that the other League members are heavily based on their DCAU versions gives me hope at least.
Same, though I wouldn't mind if they find a way to get Hal Jordan in there too (since I somehow had a piece of merch representing him, when I was a kid).

Also, in the comics, the human Green Lanterns each have their own takes on how to use their rings, which is reflected by the constructs that they use in battle (notably, Kyle Rayner used artsy creations, while John Stewart went for complex machinery).

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Wish they didn't have to kick out some of them such as Uncle Grandpa, Infinty Train, and Mighty Magiswords.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I have specific characters I want in the game, but I also have general franchises I want in the game. Meaning, I don't necessarily care who from the franchise gets added; I just want somebody from it. Gilligan's Island is an example.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wish they didn't have to kick out some of them such as Uncle Grandpa, Infinty Train, and Mighty Magiswords.
Cartoon Network originals will probably be alright (seeing as they can be rerun on the CN channel and are on other streaming services iirc). Wonder what'll happen to Jellystone though, since it had a second season ordered. No idea if the Fionna and Cake series will be affected by this, either.

I have specific characters I want in the game, but I also have general franchises I want in the game. Meaning, I don't necessarily care who from the franchise gets added; I just want somebody from it. Gilligan's Island is an example.
Any elaboration on that, or is it too extensive a list? Just curious.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i've finally seen every character in action. except for lebron but i don't know anybody who'd care.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Cartoon Network originals will probably be alright (seeing as they can be rerun on the CN channel and are on other streaming services iirc). Wonder what'll happen to Jellystone though, since it had a second season ordered. No idea if the Fionna and Cake series will be affected by this, either.

Any elaboration on that, or is it too extensive a list? Just curious.
Unless they get tax written off which is what's likely going on with some of them(or all of them), but since Multiversus is a place for series' to get noticed there is hope for them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Same, though I wouldn't mind if they find a way to get Hal Jordan in there too (since I somehow had a piece of merch representing him, when I was a kid).

Also, in the comics, the human Green Lanterns each have their own takes on how to use their rings, which is reflected by the constructs that they use in battle (notably, Kyle Rayner used artsy creations, while John Stewart went for complex machinery).
Yeah, that's true. Honestly just due to the nature of how the lantern rings work, they could probably even give each Lantern their own moveset entirely and still have ideas to spare even after getting all the most well known ones in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the game already has costumes where they become characters who don't fight the exact same way so i'm not sure need to get too bogged down in the details of each latern's style if we want them as one character

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
He's not the most popular but if we can get any Green lantern I'd go with Kyle Rayner. Imo he always had the coolest construction and I think he could have a more creative moveset. If I had to choose between Hal Jordan or John Stewart, I'd go with John too because honestly I never was a fan of Hal Jordan construction which focus on plane and stuff like that, I always found him to be pretty boring in general.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well, this trend sure blew up fast.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shaggy isn't even the exception since he's a massive Scooby Doo main character.
But Shaggy came before Scooby and Scooby is the titular character tho...

Obviously they went with him first in response to the Ultra Instinct memes plus his moveset is based off of that rather then taking from anything of the shows we've seen.

If that wasn't the case why didn't they go with Scooby first then?

Last edited:
Top Bottom