• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Honestly, who does everyone want in the game? This game has literally no limits for who or what can get in, so I am kinda curious as to who everyone wants. Me personally, my most wanted are:
Dio Brando
Giorno Giovanna
Jolyne Cujoh (all JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
Doctor Emmet Brown
Marty McFly (both Back to the Future)
Charles Kane (Citizen Kane)
Claude Frollo (Hunchback of Notré Dame; probably the hardest one to get on this entire list but it would be so worth it)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, who does everyone want in the game? This game has literally no limits for who or what can get in, so I am kinda curious as to who everyone wants. Me personally, my most wanted are:
Dio Brando
Giorno Giovanna
Doctor Emmet Brown
Claude Frollo (Hunchback of Notré Dame; probably the hardest one to get on this entire list but it would be so worth it)
which version of frollo?

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Honestly, who does everyone want in the game? This game has literally no limits for who or what can get in, so I am kinda curious as to who everyone wants.
Some of my most wanted characters are:
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Teen Titans (Teen Titans, not Teen Titans GO)
Spear and Fang (Primal)
Stripe (Gremlins)
Betelgeuse (Beetlejuice)
Starro/Jarro (DC Comics)

Some non-WB reps that I'd love to see:
Godzilla (Godzilla series)
Jotaro Kujo/DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Xenomorph (Alien franchise)
Predator (Predator franchise)
Velociraptor (Jurassic Park series)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Dio Brando
Giorno Giovanna
Doctor Emmet Brown
Buddy The Elf and someone from Harry Potter that isn't Harry or Voldemort

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Buddy The Elf and someone from Harry Potter that isn't Harry or Voldemort
I feel like Buddy is so strongly associated with Will Ferrell that getting him would be very hard without his consent. But Elf isn't even a WB movies and even if the dev said that they're open to third party, I doubt they will pick the main character of a almost 20 year old christmas movie of all thing.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel like Buddy is so strongly associated with Will Ferrell that getting him would be very hard without his consent. But Elf isn't even a WB movies and even if the dev said that they're open to third party, I doubt they will pick the main character of a almost 20 year old christmas movie of all thing.
Elf is a WB movie. It was made by New Line, which is WB.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Dio Brando
Giorno Giovanna
Doctor Emmet Brown
Not counting anyone already in the leaks

Marceline, Ice King (Adventure Time)
Wile E Coyote (Looney Tunes)
Dexter (Dexter's Lab)
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Grim (Billy and Mandy)
Master Shake, Meatwad, Frylock, Carl (ATHF)
Charlie, Pim (Smiling Friends)
Freakazoid
Austin Powers
Agent J (Men in Black)
Ross (Friends)
Super Grover (Sesame Street)

As far as not-WB third party goes
Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Knives Chau
Homestar Runner, Strong Bad
Columbo

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I really like the fact that every characters can be a announcer. It's a very clever way to give characters more line and the game more personnality. Also you can tell that the voice actors had so much fun foing these.

Bugs bunny announcer
Taz announcer
Finn announcer
I'm curious about what could possibly have been done for Tom & Jerry, since they're rarely talkative.

Also, Taz as an announcer is a wonderful gift, on top of him being this game's :ultwario:.

Dio Brando
Giorno Giovanna
Doctor Emmet Brown
So, ignoring the leaks...

OK K.O. Let's Be Heroes: K.O., Rad, Enid, Carol, Mr. Gar, Lord Boxman and Professor Venomous.
The Mask.
DC Heroes and Villains: Zatanna, Starfire and Catwoman.
Rampage: George, Ralph and Lizzie.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, April O'Neil, Splinter and Shredder. Bebop and Rocksteady are a maybe.

For the most part, that's it. I'll refrain from other third parties for now, depending on what direction is taken.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I always imagined Buddy being in the style of the storybook from the end of the film that was also made into an actual book.

I'm not a huge fan of Elf or anything, but I dunno, I just really like the characters we have so far who fight in unconventional ways like Tom and Jerry or Velma, so I'd love to play as a lanky helper of Santa trying to shroud everyone in Christmas cheer and going a bit overboard.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Disney. Thus the potential legal troubles.
hmm that would be very problematic

anyway in answer to you initial question about characters id like to see in this

marceline (adventure time)
lumpy space princess (adventure time)
daffy duck
wil e. coyote
top cat
the ant hill mob (wacky racers)
connie (steven universe)
doc brown, as you suggested would be tremendous fun
i may have lost respect for DC but you cant go wrong with the flash (barry) and robin (tim)
i believe willy wonka is fair game as well

ill need to check what else is fair game

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I always imagined Buddy being in the style of the storybook from the end of the film that was also made into an actual book.

I'm not a huge fan of Elf or anything, but I dunno, I just really like the characters we have so far who fight in unconventional ways like Tom and Jerry or Velma, so I'd love to play as a lanky helper of Santa trying to shroud everyone in Christmas cheer and going a bit overboard.
I guess that's fair, I actually didn't know it was a WB property so that's my bad.

Dio Brando
Giorno Giovanna
Doctor Emmet Brown
Not counting characters that got datamined, my most wanted would be:
The Mask
Wil E. coyote
Dorothy from Wizard of Oz
Pennywise from IT

I'm a pretty big DC fans and I would like that they go with most obscure picks that aren't in Injustice games. The datamine Already mentionned Static shock, but I would also like Beast boy, Plastic man and Booster gold.

I don't care too much about non WB stuff honestly and I'd prefer if the dev focus on WB stuff for now, but if I had to choose really anything I'd go with Eric Cartman since I'm a huge South park fans but I'm not really expecting it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess that's fair, I actually didn't know it was a WB property so that's my bad.

Not counting characters that got datamined, my most wanted would be:
The Mask
Wil E. coyote
Dorothy from Wizard of Oz
Pennywise from IT

I'm a pretty big DC fans and I would like that they go with most obscure picks that aren't in Injustice games. The datamine Already mentionned Static shock, but I would also like Beast boy, Plastic man and Booster gold.

I don't care too much about non WB stuff honestly and I'd prefer if the dev focus on WB stuff for now, but if I had to choose really anything I'd go with Eric Cartman since I'm a huge South park fans but I'm not really expecting it.
You may appreciate this piece of fan art I've found, then:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Well If there's a cartoonish design they could go for Buddy, There is the Stop Motion Reboot, Buddy's Musical Christmas.
1654040025567.png

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
We've talked a lot about characters, but I'm very curious to hear more about the stages selection. So far we only have 4 official, and even with the datamines we only found one more which is the Warner tower. I really hope we have more than that at release. Some of the things I had in mind:
-The haunted forest from Game of thrones
-The canyon from Looney Tunes (from the Coyote vs Road Runner shorts)
-Atlantis from DCU (Aquaman)
-Munchkin village (Wizard of Oz)
-Orbit city (The Jetsons)
-The citadel from Mad Max
-The chocolate factory from Willy Wonka movie

D

Deleted member

We've talked a lot about characters, but I'm very curious to hear more about the stages selection. So far we only have 4 official, and even with the datamines we only found one more which is the Warner tower. I really hope we have more than that at release. Some of the things I had in mind:
-The haunted forest from Game of thrones
-The canyon from Looney Tunes (from the Coyote vs Road Runner shorts)
-Atlantis from DCU (Aquaman)
-Munchkin village (Wizard of Oz)
-Orbit city (The Jetsons)
-The citadel from Mad Max
-The chocolate factory from Willy Wonka movie
There are apparently more in the daatamines. I've heard about stages for LOTR, game of Thrones, teen titans and space jam.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Well, we do have
LeBron James
leaked, as well as a Tune Squad Outfit for Bugs so we’re probably getting a Court Stage eventually since that also leaked, preferably based off the mid first one instead of the GARBAGE Second.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Ice King, Marceline, The Lich (Adventure Time)
Costumes: Fern, Simon Petrikov, Ice Thing, Sweet P and i guess the Genderbent crew!
Grim, Billy and Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
(I do have to continue watching it!)
Numbuh 1, DCFDTL
Costumes: Sektor Z
And I guess Joker from Batman!
Edit Wait i forgot Ninjago:
Lloyd, Wu, Garmadon, Pixal and Morro
Costumes: Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole, Nya (Ninja), Nya (Samurai X), Overlord

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So I just learned that Warner Bros own Lazy town. The show was own by Turner broadcasting system and was merged recently with Warner. We need Sportacus or Robbie Rotten in this game.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So I just learned that Warner Bros own Lazy town. The show was own by Turner broadcasting system and was merged recently with Warner. We need Sportacus or Robbie Rotten in this game.
How About they give sportacus the effect that if he eats Sugar the round is Immeaditly Lost!
I think that man might have some health issues considering he gets a Sugar shock from 1 Bon Bon!

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I don't think villains are going to be playable in Multiversus. It's a teamwork based game, so it's not accurate for the Joker to help Batman.

Baysha

Smash Ace
I don't think villains are going to be playable in Multiversus. It's a teamwork based game, so it's not accurate for the Joker to help Batman.
We already have Harely? Plus Batman and Joker have probably already worked together to defeat a greater foe.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given Joker's popularity. There's no way they're gonna leave him out. They don't call him one of media's greatest villains of all time.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Joker is literally the most popular DC Character of all, there probably shouldn't be a reason to abandon him for a teamwork based game. Plus Joker would probably be in it though realistically he'd pretend to be on their side for a while before stabbing them in the back which could be the quotes he'd share for some characters.

Top Bottom