• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why did they choose an original character (Reindog) for the roster? I know Smash has original stuff, but it's in the form of bosses and enemies.
Word is Multiversus like Smash from the beginning was going to be its own original game. Reindog is probably a remnant of the original concept.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My guess is that tomorrow they'll announce that the game release next week either Tuesday or Thursday. That would give two weeks to play the game before Evo so it must release soon.

Maybe there's going to be a character announcement too, which if that's the case I'm guessing it would be Rick.

D

Deleted member

Tony has said other new characters will be in the open beta. My guess would be Rick, Lebron and Gandalf though we won't see them all on the first day. They'll drop them during

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

UserKev

Smash Champion
I forgot Tiny Toons existed, what would you guys say the odds of Buster and Babs being an Icies duo would be?
Buster is actually one of my wants, but we'll probably just end up with the Warners, that I view as bland picks, honestly.

D

Deleted member

If the Tiny Toons reboot happens then we'll liekly get them. Proablly just Buster though.

We will probably get the Warners first

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Damn I'm excited for the game but what's the point of doing an early access for those who already got the chance to play the game before? They might as well just release it for everyone right now. Also if the beta is pretty much the final game, why even call it a beta? This is just very confusing honestly.

D

Deleted member

Damn I'm excited for the game but what's the point of doing an early access for those who already got the chance to play the game before? They might as well just release it for everyone right now. Also if the beta is pretty much the final game, why even call it a beta? This is just very confusing honestly.
A lot of games do this. The beta won't have all the "final" planned content.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still say Spear & Fang should be Spear riding Fang. If they get in the game of course.

Always also down for Fang just being incorporated into Spear's moveset too but would prefer the former.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
They've confirmed they'll be unannounced characters in the beta, so I assume they'll dripfeed some reveals over the next week or so
I'm Betting on Rick, Gandalf, and Lebron for now. though i'll be surprised if some of the other datamine characters make it such as Raven, Marvin, and Godzilla.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Tony teased on Twitter the next character is going to be "really cool and something that has never be done before from a gameplay mechanic perspective". So my guess is that
RIck is next because according to datamine he has a unique mechanic that he can teleport himself and his allies with his portal guns

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think that if we do get anime character, someone from Jojo will be the first, and then we'll get maybe Mob psycho and someone from RWBY because that's the big anime that Warner bros Japan own. Maybe having Jojo in the game will open the door to more Shonen Jump character like Saitama, Goku and Naruto, but I don't think they'll go for anime that are really more niche than that unless the game has support for a very long time. The other problem with anime characters is that negociating with a Japanese company might be pretty hard since the game is made by English people.

Top Bottom