• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'm really not familiar with that.
It's about an Esper who has supernatural abilities and uses them against the supernatural, although he works with a paranormal expert(i don't even think he's really an expert) he mostly wishes to live a more normal life.

Oh, And He's got a ghost friend named Dimple, who he fought in his full form before he lost his power.

The series was also made by the man who created One Punch Man.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Im a bit Dumbfounded that Jake has Already two alts Shown! Versus Finn who only had one Leaked!
And even then Jakes Alts Are So much Cooler!
Atleast im now Pretty Convinced that Fern/ Season8+ Finn will be skins!

D

Deleted member

Im a bit Dumbfounded that Jake has Already two alts Shown! Versus Finn who only had one Leaked!
And even then Jakes Alts Are So much Cooler!
Atleast im now Pretty Convinced that Fern/ Season8+ Finn will be skins!
Pretty sure Fern is in. There was also some very early data for Fiona

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Pretty sure Fern is in. There was also some very early data for Fiona
Yeah i already guessed Fiona would be in after all Jakes Blue Skin HAd pretty diffrent Proportions so my doubts regarding Fiona Evaporated!
I Probably Wont get her as i find most of the Genderswapped AT Chars a bit Boring execept Cake, Monochromicorn and Lumpy Space Prince!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I was watching a video that covered some tweets tony answered for questions such as the founders pack and Attack on Titan, then there was a tweet from someone named lusia that claimed Tony noted that Ice King & Marceline would be the next adventure time reps if they decided on more characters.

Kinda fitting especially from what i heard they are both the most likely options for another adventure time character, i know how important bubblegum is however Marceline and Ice King do have history going back & there might some moveset potential for both people might be invested to see.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly like with anime characters, I'm not really expecting niche non WB characters. Eleven make sense because Stranger things is huge, but I wouldn't expext every Netflix show to get a character unless, again like I sais with anime characters, the game have support for a very long time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly like with anime characters, I'm not really expecting niche non WB characters. Eleven make sense because Stranger things is huge, but I wouldn't expext every Netflix show to get a character unless, again like I sais with anime characters, the game have support for a very long time.
What about RWBY tho? Kinda counts as anime as WB owns it through owning the company that owns RWBY.
With Troll Hilda as an Alt!
As well as her school outfit, sparrow scout outfit and her other outfits she wears (When her hair is tied up in ponytail) aside from her normal ones.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It won't happen given how niche and obscure he is but goddamn how much I'd die to have Gamera being in this game. Especially the Heisei incarnation whose just a straight-up underrated bad***.

Notably the Plasma Fist aka a kaiju-sized Falcon Punch as part of his moveset.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
What about RWBY tho? Kinda counts as anime as WB owns it through owning the company that owns RWBY.
RWBY is definitely anime-inspired but I wouldn't really call it one. It's made by a Western studio and it's a web animation using CGI.

It's in a different ballpark compared to animes from Japanese studios which WB has certain publishing rights, imo. Funny enough, it got its own anime adaptation recently, called Ice Queendom.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we do get RWBY representation. Ruby and Weiss are our most likely choices, Ruby especially who I think would come in first as she's the face of the series.

But with this game getting long support. I would go on to say we could see both of them with Yang and Blake maybe joining at some point.

D

Deleted member

I'm not quite fully betting on us getting fully non WB characters quite yet. 11 us a strange case but we'll see.

Any anime characters we get eill be WB associated or super well known.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I really like how Tony is close to the community, but I really feel like he should have never said "everyone is possible" because now people have those really weird and huge expectations that we could truly gets anything but personally I still think that WB stuff will be the huge majority of the content like Smash with Nintendo.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Yeah, we should narrow our scope cause everything being possible is lame for speculation.

Doesnt help that WB has a huge ass catalogue to pull from. The current roster is like 1% of that

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guess as it was mentioned. Eleven is an exception to the rule due to Stranger Things popularity.

Basically the same was as guest characters in fighting games like Negan in Walking Dead or Mortal Kombat since the 9th game (Kratos, Predator, Xenomorph, Jason, Leatherface, Spawn, RoboCop, Terminator, Joker, Rambo).

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The new stage is a good news, tho I still feel like there should be way more stages than that.

By the way, if you buy the founders pack you get the early access tomorrow. They still haven't said the price but the founder pack will have a few bonus inclufing characters token to unlock early character. I might get it and try the game tomorrow depending of the price.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Patch notes are live and are viewable here!

Includes Iron Giant and a new stage!
I don't want to sound entitled or anything - but that's a pretty disappointing Steven Universe stage. The Sky Arena appears in a few somewhat important episodes, but it's not really that important. It's not that visually unique either, it's somewhat similar to the Wonder Woman stage (not to mention Smash stages like Battlefield and Skyworld)
Ancient Sky Arena | Wiki | Steven Universe Amino

And because SU is a dormant and relatively small series, it's likely that we won't get anything else. A lot of other series don't seem to have a stage at all, so I suppose it could be worse, but I've been hyping myself up over the options for a few months and this brought me back to the ground.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'd honestly be surprised if we got any new SU media that's not a comic or something. The story is complete and Rebecca seems happy with it. Then again, I don't know enough to judge. But, if SU gets more content in MultiVersus, I wouldn't mind too much. Despite my former vendetta against the series due to a misguided belief that it overshadowed 6teen. :4pacman:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't want to sound entitled or anything - but that's a pretty disappointing Steven Universe stage. The Sky Arena appears in a few somewhat important episodes, but it's not really that important. It's not that visually unique either, it's somewhat similar to the Wonder Woman stage (not to mention Smash stages like Battlefield and Skyworld)
Ancient Sky Arena | Wiki | Steven Universe Amino

And because SU is a dormant and relatively small series, it's likely that we won't get anything else. A lot of other series don't seem to have a stage at all, so I suppose it could be worse, but I've been hyping myself up over the options for a few months and this brought me back to the ground.
Yeah the stage selection is really weak, it feels like they put a lot of effort in the characters but not really in the stage. The Scooby-doo one isn't even based on a specific mansion fron the show but it's just a very generic mansion that looks like it could have come from any cartoon with a mansion in it. And Looney tunes of all thing don't even have a stage despite being easily the biggest ip reprenseted here.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I didn't even know their runs ever overlapped
They didn't. I just deluded myself into thinking that cause people mentioned the LGBT rep in SU way more than 6teen's LGBT rep. 6teen did it first but SU represented it more actively. Plus it's natural that SU would be talked about more due to it being more modern.

TL;DR I'm an idiot

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So I just checked the Multiversus official site in French and the site was updated with all the voices actors for each characters in french. The fact that the game has French dub at all is huge for me has someone who grown up with a lot of these characters in french. But not only french dub is here, but I check on google and every characters aside from Taz and Iron giant has there original french voice actors, which is very insane from me that the team did this for a secondary langage. I'm not sure if other langage has this treatment too, but this is something that Nick all stars couldn't do and it will be so fun to play the game with the original voice of Batman, Bugs Bunny etc. that I remember.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think I'm going to buy the standard founder pack to try the game early and it will allow me to try a few future characters at release. Pretty excited to play later!

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Ooh, additional characters are coming? Now that's a good sign for us people of the Caitlin Crusaders and (can't think of a good alliterative name for Tazelwurm wanters)

Either way, hope the release and further development goes well

Top Bottom