• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

D

Deleted member

Ooh, additional characters are coming? Now that's a good sign for us people of the Caitlin Crusaders and (can't think of a good alliterative name for Tazelwurm wanters)

Either way, hope the release and further development goes well
Plenty more characters are planned. What we have currently is not the final base roster and this being a F2P game means they'll keep adding content for years, as long as the game does well.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
This is all good news for me. 30 characters is a lot of room for my most wanteds to get in, even IF they're super obscure. If I can get them a lot of notice, with some tenacity and a lot of luck...I MIGHT get Caitlin.

Might. :secretkpop:

I'd probably get to making her support thread if I weren't so preoccupied with glugging soda and spamming Corrin's side B in Ultimate right now. :4pacman:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Either way server are full and a lot of people including me are stuck in the home screen. Honestly I'm not surprised that there's some issue, going to try later tonight.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think you have to be always online but unsure. Personally I'm stuck because my PSN can't sync with my WB account and you can't play before that.
WB servers in general are getting hit hard right now, even MK11 is having issues.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And so far the only skin you can get with gold is the Iron Giant without the S on him.

Classy.
well that’s put a significant dent in my interest in the game
Legitimately wondering how y'all expected the game to make money if the fact that the cosmetics are monetized is off-putting. Like...it's a free to play game.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Legitimately wondering how y'all expected the game to make money if the fact that the cosmetics are monetized is off-putting. Like...it's a free to play game.
Well yeah. I know that. That's not the thing I'm up against. I'm happy characters aren't locked behind real money or anything.

The thing is games like this usually have the option to work for your premium currency doing missions or grinding matches and such, while the people with the money to spend can just go and get everything right off the bat if they so please. Even other fighting games with cosmetics behind money like SFV had something like this.

It's not a huge deal breaker but it is disappointing, especially with how expensive some of these cosmetics appear to be,

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Well yeah. I know that. That's not the thing I'm up against. I'm happy characters aren't locked behind real money or anything.

The thing is games like this usually have the option to work for your premium currency doing missions or grinding matches and such, while the people with the money to spend can just go and get everything right off the bat if they so please. Even other fighting games with cosmetics behind money like SFV had something like this.

It's not a huge deal breaker but it is disappointing, especially with how expensive some of these cosmetics appear to be,

I think some of them appear in the premium battle pass so you can save money that way, but yeah the fact that you have to pay for having taunt is a bit sad. At the very least you can unlock characters through gameplay but I feel like you will need to play a lot to unlock everyone without paying real money. Personally I'm not against throwing a few bucks at the game to have the full roster (or at the very least more characters faster) but I don't see me paying just for a few taunts and skins.

So how is Multiversus so far for y'all?
Pretty fun so far, I think my bigest problem with the game is the UI overall. The game has a lot of moves with buffs and debuffs, which I really like, it's a fun concept for a 2 vs 2 focus platform fighter, but sometimes there's a lot of information on top of you're character.

I'm honestly disappointed they relocked the roster again. Hell, they locked even more characters it looks like.
Yeah some characters that were starting in the alpha are now unlockables.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the stage selection is really weak, it feels like they put a lot of effort in the characters but not really in the stage. The Scooby-doo one isn't even based on a specific mansion fron the show but it's just a very generic mansion that looks like it could have come from any cartoon with a mansion in it. And Looney tunes of all thing don't even have a stage despite being easily the biggest ip reprenseted here.
Are there any specific mansions that are even notable? None of them are really iconic.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Stage discussion has me wondering what stages you guys wanna see in this game in the future.

Obviously, knowing who I want most for this game, I'd be pretty happy to get a Galleria Mall stage alongside her. Add a Camp Wawanakwa stage too, since Total Drama was a big deal for CN back in the day.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Stage discussion has me wondering what stages you guys wanna see in this game in the future.

Obviously, knowing who I want most for this game, I'd be pretty happy to get a Galleria Mall stage alongside her. Add a Camp Wawanakwa stage too, since Total Drama was a big deal for CN back in the day.
Going off my top 10 most wanted characters:
1. The Eds from Ed Edd n Eddy would have the Cul De Sac
2. A Wizard of Oz character could get the Emerald City.
3. Gilligan would have the Island
4. The Robotron 2084 Hero would have a shared “Midway Arcade” stage with other Midway characters (seriously I don’t think a “solo Robotron” stage could work)
5. Stripe from Gremlins is a bit tougher. Maybe the toy store where the final battle of the first film took place?
6. Austin Powers I’m gonna cheat and say Dr Evil’s lair
7. For Courage, the Middle of Nowhere is the primary location. Maybe have King Ramses and the Slab in the background.
8. Ruby would have Remnant as her home.
9. Professor Fate is a tough one. I propose either the Saloon with the Texas Jack battle or the Bakery with the pie fight scene.
10. Starfire is an extremely easy one. She would get Titans Tower.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

I kinda don't have any if I'm being honest. Stages are a footnote in this game and the music ain't up to snuff either. I'm a little impressed that MVS is going so hard on characters and not even trying with stages in comparison tbh. Every other platform fighter would've tried to balance out stages and the current roster to some degree.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The stages are absolutely disappointing.

The new Steven Universe stage being variants on Battlefield and Final Destination but with one of the less interesting Gem locales in the background is a serious let down. Youre not even at the Sky Arena, you're on a platform and the Sky Arena is just kinda back there.

They kept the Trophy's Edge variant with the hole in the middle, which is terrible because that stage is garbage. It's bar none the most miserable stage in the game to play on.

Batcave at least kinda feels like they tried. Treehouse could have been way better. Scooby Mansion sucks.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Are there any specific mansions that are even notable? None of them are really iconic.
Yeah that's true but at least I would have add some iconic Scooby Doo vilains in the background like Space kook, the mummy, the creeper etc. So it would at least feel like a Scooby Doo stages.

Total drama stage would be cool but I don't think CN actually own that, it's a Canadian show that they aired.

I kinda don't have any if I'm being honest. Stages are a footnote in this game and the music ain't up to snuff either. I'm a little impressed that MVS is going so hard on characters and not even trying with stages in comparison tbh. Every other platform fighter would've tried to balance out stages and the current roster to some degree.
Oh yeah the music is awful honestly. They did the same mistake than NASB which is doing original composition, but sticking very close to the original style even if doesn't work for a fighting game. It work a bit for the Steven universe stage but the Scooby Doo music is way too ambient.

D

Deleted member

It being monetized heavily was obvious. It's a F2p game full of licensed stuff. I'm just hoping they work some of the kinks out.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Even if I don't very like the music (aside from the Batcave one is actually pretty good), I have to give credit to the overall sound design. Each hit have a very unique sounds and it's always very fitting, I especially like Bugs Bunny Who is full of sound that reminds me of classic Looney tunes and classic cartoons in general.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ok a couple things I’d like to know

1: will the game kick me out if the connection goes down?

2: why are there different versions if it’s free to play?

3: how different does Steven sound?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ok a couple things I’d like to know

1: will the game kick me out if the connection goes down?

2: why are there different versions if it’s free to play?

3: how different does Steven sound?
1. I’m not sure about connection. Yesterday around 1 pm I started getting dropped from games due to server overload.

2. The different versions are founders packs. They are optional.

3. I’m not a Steven Universe expert so I can’t answer that.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
1. I’m not sure about connection. Yesterday around 1 pm I started getting dropped from games due to server overload.

2. The different versions are founders packs. They are optional.

3. I’m not a Steven Universe expert so I can’t answer that.
so it does operate on a level similar to cloud gaming

but why have different packs if theyre all free?

His new voice actor does a pretty good job, imo.

You can tell he's someone new but he still sounds like how you'd expect Steven to sound.
well ok then

Top Bottom