• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I think we could see him in Season 5. Season 4 is probably going to be Marceline and Wicked Witch. That would leave Aquaman and Raven as the last characters we know have heavy work - but I doubt they would give us two DC characters in the same season, so we're probably going to see one of them pushed to S6 and someone with less work in Season 5. Could be Scooby or Ruby or Dexter, but them actively hinting at Freddy makes me think it'll be him.
there where also two pretty big hints at pennywise not too long ago

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Does it bother anyone else that Mojo Jojo is still just a silhouette behind glass for his boss fight? I would have thought that would be the perfect time to un-tint the glass and reveal his model in full color.

Also it kind of bothers me that we have two stages now (Water Tower and Titan's Tower) where instead of featuring cameos that are appropriate for what the stage is based on, we just get the game's playable roster in places that don't make sense. Animaniacs characters should be popping out of the water tower when you open the door and it should be Cyborg and Beast Boy playing games in Titan's Tower. They could still even be playable later on and I don't think anyone would mind. It just feels... OK I won't say it's lazy per say but it's at the very least disappointing.
in fairness the water tower isn't exclusive to the animaniacs

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
in fairness the water tower isn't exclusive to the animaniacs
It's absolutely an Animaniacs stage. ACME Labs and other Animaniacs-exclusive iconography is present, characters pop out of a fully furnished water tower that literally has the same interior as their house, and it matches the tower's colors from the show, not real life.

It's 100% an Animaniacs stage and nothing else.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There’s a new event for Prestige points. The missions all require different skin types, which are as follows:

The Powerpuff Girls in PvP, with one mission specifically requiring 1v1
Earth 20-XXe
Beach Ready
Beetlejuice
Shark Week
Circuit Drone
Friday the 13th
Graphic T
Matrix
Sports Attire
ValentiNeon (this is from the Beta. It was the last event before the Beta ended)
Comic Dots (Tooniverse skins. None of them were ever distributed for free, but the Mecha Morty fight in Rifts which forces you to use Tooniverse Iron Giant counts)

Faso115

Smash Lord
Good tip! I actually forgot about that fight (it was so freaking hard lol)

Honestly, i dislike 1V1 pvp but i got lucky and my opponents were not that good lol. I like that they are giving away some prestige at least

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's absolutely an Animaniacs stage. ACME Labs and other Animaniacs-exclusive iconography is present, characters pop out of a fully furnished water tower that literally has the same interior as their house, and it matches the tower's colors from the show, not real life.

so like wuhu island in smash then

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why does everyone always freak out when a Stage is revealed before a character

They're probably coming, relax
Speaking of that, while I prefer if all characters get a home stage first, it wouldn't be the worst thing to have maps from universes with no fighters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
well both are locations that aren't tied to one specific franchise yet in the platform fighter appearances they're themed around one appearance
I mean...in that case, no, it's not like that. This is very, VERY specifically the Animaniacs version of the Warner Lot. So it is very much tied to a specific franchise in the sense that it's literally the main setting of the show it's based on.

Otherwise it's like saying Prism Tower and the Unova Pokémon League in Smash aren't tied to a specific franchise because they're based on the real life Eiffel Tower and New York Botanical Garden.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I mean...in that case, no, it's not like that. This is very, VERY specifically the Animaniacs version of the Warner Lot. So it is very much tied to a specific franchise in the sense that it's literally the main setting of the show it's based on.

Otherwise it's like saying Prism Tower and the Unova Pokémon League in Smash aren't tied to a specific franchise because they're based on the real life Eiffel Tower and New York Botanical Garden.
Also, you know, the giant hot air balloons of the Animaniacs characters as platforms.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

That sounds reasonable actually

second half I mean

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
there where also two pretty big hints at pennywise not too long ago
I think we'll be getting Pennywise whenever the It prequel show releases. They don't promote TV shows nearly as often as they promote movies, but it's the same principle. It's also probably beneficial to get distance from Beetlejuice, another clown-adjacent ghoul

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That new Lord of the Rings animate movie WB is doing comes out in december... please Gandalf Season 4!
Honestly I really don't see a case where the next four after Nubia aren't Marceline, Wicked Witch, Raven, and Aquaman in some order. They're by far the four with the most work done in the files from what we've seen.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Honestly I really don't see a case where the next four after Nubia aren't Marceline, Wicked Witch, Raven, and Aquaman in some order. They're by far the four with the most work done in the files from what we've seen.

What about Ruby and Mr. Meeseks? The latter's name shows up and Ruby had the same amount of data as Marceline

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think it's possible one of the DC characters end up in Season 6. We know Marceline is Season 4, and they have to release the Wicked Witch before the comics are completely irrelevant. That would leave Raven and Aquaman - but I don't think they would release two DC characters in the same season. I'm guessing Aquaman would be the one pushed to Season 6 (they're more blatantly hinting at Raven), and we get Ruby or Dexter or Freddy or someone in Season 5.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What about Ruby and Mr. Meeseks? The latter's name shows up and Ruby had the same amount of data as Marceline
Marceline had her entire model in the data, while Ruby didn't. Three of the four characters I mentioned have their entire set of voice lines in the game, while Marceline has her model.

Ruby, meanwhile, has (to my knowledge) one moveset effect (petals), scythe animations (during the beta), and voice lines targeted toward her (from Rick).

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
DC have just announced a two year partnership with Sonic the Hedgehog. what we thinking about the chances of mvs being part of it,
Due to the temporary nature of live service collabs, I think Sonic-themed skins for existing characters would make more sense.

Remember when the Sonic level in Fall Guys got nuked from the game after their deal ran out? I don’t want to see an entire playable character get deleted like that. Skins would be able to last forever, at least.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Due to the temporary nature of live service collabs, I think Sonic-themed skins for existing characters would make more sense.
It's hard to imagine Sonic costumes getting into Multiversus when you don't have the most obvious candidates for a Sonic costume in Multiversus yet.

Although Multiversus does have the most obvious character for an Amy costume. :laugh:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Remember when the Sonic level in Fall Guys got nuked from the game after their deal ran out? I don’t want to see an entire playable character get deleted like that. Skins would be able to last forever, at least.
I’d be good with either but man I’d still mark the hell out for a playable Sonic character. Especially if they give him a better moveset than the one he has in Smash

Skins would be great though. I kinda wanna draw that now.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Or he is so overpowered, cheap and so hard to balance that everybody goes, "Sakurai....I get it now."
Everyone would still consider that a massive improvement if he isn’t campy like he is in official Smash.

Really though, there are numerous fanmade versions of Smash Sonic (PM, SSF2, Smash Remix, etc.) that don’t seem to fall into the same mechanical pitfalls as official Smash. Smash Remix’s Sonic is very very good, but he isn’t campy, for example.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So...how are u guys feeling with multiversus right now? Good, bad, meh? Do you think the games is in a good state or still needs a lot of work? Risk of dying?

Personally i am content with the game but i can understand the monetization and some of the grind being a deal breaker

These were done pretty quickly so they're a little sloppy, BUT

View attachment 394638
Not only are these phenomenal costumes, but I'd like to particularly mention Shadow becoming Batman's cowl and Taz looking like Knuckles. The former could be an actual promotional skin, while the latter just scratches an itch for me.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So...how are u guys feeling with multiversus right now? Good, bad, meh? Do you think the games is in a good state or still needs a lot of work? Risk of dying?

Personally i am content with the game but i can understand the monetization and some of the grind being a deal breaker
I'm pretty content with it?

I wish some of the skins were cheaper, that the rifts were a bit better designed, that some characters were better/more fun (now that I've more or less gotten the hang of the PPG I can confidently say they're horrible), and that the game felt less stress inducing in general. Also right now the events are super underwhelming so hopefully that picks up once the Batman Day event starts. Wish we got some PPG themed skins to work for or something.

But I'm liking how the roster is shaping up and I don't mind the grind since it gives me something to actually work towards and a reason to keep coming back.

It's fun and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Top Bottom