• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It’s not just me right, MVS feels laggy as hell lately causing the game to go into fast forward to keep up and it keeps costing me matches.

Faso115

Smash Lord
It’s not just me right, MVS feels laggy as hell lately causing the game to go into fast forward to keep up and it keeps costing me matches.
It's been feeling laggy whenever i play PPG. I think it's probably the number of models on screen on certain stages like Dexter 2

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I had a match like that yesterday but today it's been good.
It's been feeling laggy whenever i play PPG. I think it's probably the number of models on screen on certain stages like Dexter 2
I can't tell if it's me (my house has two routers and an extension, it feels the same on all of them) or if it's the game itself. But either way it's making online matches unplayable. It's reminding me of the Beta where the game would randomly wrest control from you and kill you,

Ivander

Smash Legend
Today was all right for me. So far, it's been maybe a 60/40 for me. It runs pretty good for me whenever it's not lagging and for the most part, it stays that way. But when it does start lagging, it tends to stay that way until I take a break from it and then when I come back later, it's often not as laggy as it was before. I say 60/40 because it's been running good for me more than it has lagged for me.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What cosmetic changes would you make to Bugs’ attacks if he were given a Lola skin?

Although given Nubia’s inclusion you could probably justify her as a character after all.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
What cosmetic changes would you make to Bugs’ attacks if he were given a Lola skin?

Although given Nubia’s inclusion you could probably justify her as a character after all.
Personally, if they’re gonna echo anyone into Lola it should be LeBron. Make her faster and lighter and replace some of the animations that are specifically references to LeBron James the person.

Personally, if they’re gonna echo anyone into Lola it should be LeBron. Make her faster and lighter and replace some of the animations that are specifically references to LeBron James the person.
That would invite arguments about whether LeBron needed to be in MultiVersus, and possibly retroactively make him as reviled as Banana Guard.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like the idea of Lola having basketball in her moveset because she debuted in Space Jam, but personally I think she's so much more than just the sport so having her kit be only basketball like LeBron's is would frustrate me a good deal.

If only she would get used more often in non Space Jam settings.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
That would invite arguments about whether LeBron needed to be in MultiVersus, and possibly retroactively make him as reviled as Banana Guard.
That’s fair. I actually warmed up to him being around since both he adds to the craziness of the crossover setup by being a real person, but also his moveset rocks.

That said yyyyyyyeah he better behave himself if he wants to stay in the game given there’s a character they could easily replace him with.

I like the idea of Lola having basketball in her moveset because she debuted in Space Jam, but personally I think she's so much more than just the sport so having her kit be only basketball like LeBron's is would frustrate me a good deal.

If only she would get used more often in non Space Jam settings.
I mean, unless you want the Looney Tunes Show version, who is more or less an entirely different character, Lola is typically characterized as a basketball player if not an athlete in general. If it’s going to be the OG sexy Lola a lot of people want, it’s gonna have to be basketball related because that’s who she is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s fair. I actually warmed up to him being around since both he adds to the craziness of the crossover setup by being a real person, but also his moveset rocks.

That said yyyyyyyeah he better behave himself if he wants to stay in the game given there’s a character they could easily replace him with.

I mean, unless you want the Looney Tunes Show version, who is more or less an entirely different character, Lola is typically characterized as a basketball player if not an athlete in general. If it’s going to be the OG sexy Lola a lot of people want, it’s gonna have to be basketball related because that’s who she is.
She was in a couple episodes of Wabbit/New Looney Tunes where she basically got up to the same kind of antics as Bugs. Not to mention her repeated use in comics.

The people who only know her from Space Jam are not the people they should be designing her to appease.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Lola kinda has a different personality in everything she's in. The Space Jam, Space Jam 2, The Looney Tunes Show, New Looney Tunes, and Tiny Toons Looniversity versions of her all have differences. Based on that, I have a hard time imagining what she'd be like in a game like this.

Faso115

Smash Lord
We are around 2 weeks from the mid-season and here's my first big concern

Will they try to do the "early access" stunt again? I wouldn't be surprised, but i don't expect many people to fork cash for Nubia at all

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Question: if Multiversus was like Nick Brawl 1 with every character getting a home stage, how would yo divvy up the stages we already have/have been leaked and what new ones would you add?

Question: if Multiversus was like Nick Brawl 1 with every character getting a home stage, how would yo divvy up the stages we already have/have been leaked and what new ones would you add?
Agent Smith: The Matrix
Arya Stark: Throne Room
Banana Guard: Candy Kingdom
Batman: The Batcave
Beetlejuice: The Neitherworld
Black Adam: Rock of Eternity (Shazam)
Bugs Bunny: Wascally Woods
Finn the Human: Tree Fort
Garnet: Sky Arena
Gizmo: Midnight Showing
Harley Quinn: Belle Reve Penitenirary
Iron Giant: Dean's Scrapyard
Jake the Dog: Joshua and Margaret Investigations
Jason: Camp Crystal Lake
Joker: Arkham Asylum
Lebron James: Space Jam Court
Marvin the Martian: Planet X
Morty: Sanchez House
Powerpuff Girls: The City of Townsville
Reindog: Trophy's E.D.G.E.
Rick: Cromulons
Samurai Jack: The End
Shaggy: Scooby's Haunted Mansion
Steven Universe: Beach City
Stripe: Clamp Center (The New Batch)
Superman: Daily Planet
Taz: Isle of Taz-Mania (The sky's always yellow in rain or shine.)
Tom and Jerry: Cat Concerto
Wonder Woman: Paradise Island
Velma: Crystal Cove

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Agent Smith: The Matrix
Arya Stark: Throne Room
Banana Guard: Candy Kingdom
Batman: The Batcave
Beetlejuice: The Neitherworld
Black Adam: Rock of Eternity (Shazam)
Bugs Bunny: Wascally Woods
Finn the Human: Tree Fort
Garnet: Sky Arena
Gizmo: Midnight Showing
Harley Quinn: Belle Reve Penitenirary
Iron Giant: Dean's Scrapyard
Jake the Dog: Joshua and Margaret Investigations
Jason: Camp Crystal Lake
Joker: Arkham Asylum
Lebron James: Space Jam Court
Marvin the Martian: Planet X
Morty: Sanchez House
Powerpuff Girls: The City of Townsville
Reindog: Trophy's E.D.G.E.
Rick: Cromulons
Samurai Jack: The End
Shaggy: Scooby's Haunted Mansion
Steven Universe: Beach City
Stripe: Clamp Center (The New Batch)
Superman: Daily Planet
Taz: Isle of Taz-Mania (The sky's always yellow in rain or shine.)
Tom and Jerry: Cat Concerto
Wonder Woman: Paradise Island
Velma: Crystal Cove
I mostly agree with this. Though instead of Planet X for Marvin I’d do his weird space station from Hare-Way to the Stars. I’d probably do the Fortress of Solitude for Superman. Instead of giving Morty Sanchez House I’d give him the Cromulons and do a Citadel stage for Rick. And I’d probably switch your picks for Gizmo and Stripe considering Stripe isn’t in Gremlins 2 and Midnight Showing is all about the transformed Gremlins dealing havoc.

I mostly agree with this. Though instead of Planet X for Marvin I’d do his weird space station from Hare-Way to the Stars. I’d probably do the Fortress of Solitude for Superman. Instead of giving Morty Sanchez House I’d give him the Cromulons and do a Citadel stage for Rick. And I’d probably switch your picks for Gizmo and Stripe considering Stripe isn’t in Gremlins 2 and Midnight Showing is all about the transformed Gremlins dealing havoc.
Thanks for the feedback. Three quarters of concurring is still a great amount.

Faso115

Smash Lord
It begins

Honestly, should we even bother humoring Ajax's silly hints? Have they even really led to anything other than maybe some gameplay changes he actually hints us? We all know the mid-season in around 2 or so weeks will be just Nubia

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The PPG’s Dynamo skin is unavailable. Like it’s flat out just gone from the game, it’s not showing up in the variant selection screen in both the Fighters tab and the Rifts.

Hopefully this is an oversight and not some FOMO bullcrap, PPG need skins really badly (it’s very hard to tell who’s who in PPG dittos) and the only one left is the final battle pass reward.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It begins

Honestly, should we even bother humoring Ajax's silly hints? Have they even really led to anything other than maybe some gameplay changes he actually hints us? We all know the mid-season in around 2 or so weeks will be just Nubia
Based on the fact these hints are themed around chaos, I assume it’s us getting a “For Fun” style mode within the game, which if I remember right from the last stream, may involve some of the pve minigames being put into matchmaking.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The PPG’s Dynamo skin is unavailable. Like it’s flat out just gone from the game, it’s not showing up in the variant selection screen in both the Fighters tab and the Rifts.

Hopefully this is an oversight and not some FOMO bullcrap, PPG need skins really badly (it’s very hard to tell who’s who in PPG dittos) and the only one left is the final battle pass reward.
This isn't exactly FOMO. Remember Joker's animated skin or Beetlejuice's Matador skin? If I'm remembering correctly(and I feel pretty certain with Beetlejuice's skin), those skins when they were first released during Season 2 would disappear from the Variants when the bundle they were introduced in disappeared from the store during Season 2. And it wasn't until Season 3 started that those bundles became permanent to the store/Variant Bundles and those skins/bundles stayed permanently on those respective characters' variant lists.

So I'm certain the skin isn't gone permanently, it's just that until Season 4 starts, those Variants will only appear in the Variant store/character's variant lists when the bundle is available. Then when Season 4 starts, it will become always available.

Regardless of how you feel about it, the bundles with the Gems are a scam, like the Righteous Warrior Jack bundle(which if you have full gem XP, is permanently slightly more expensive than getting Righteous Warrior Jack by itself without a discount), and you should absolutely wait until the skins themselves appear at 20% off on the Daily deals if you want them.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Based on the fact these hints are themed around chaos, I assume it’s us getting a “For Fun” style mode within the game, which if I remember right from the last stream, may involve some of the pve minigames being put into matchmaking.
It’ll possibly be reused stage modes from Rifts. Stages that have Joker Fish falling from balloons, or Nostalgia Filter from Jason Rifts, etc.

This happened before IIRC in Season 1 with a Joker emote locked behind a bundle. Its most likely an oversight.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Guys I just had an interesting thought

The Steamboat Willie stage might have been leftover from when they pitched it to Disney, but what if they wanted to retool it into a stage based on Popeye? He is actually owned by WB right now, and he's one of those legacy characters who started in black and white shorts. A retro-inspired stage for him could make a lot of sense.

Do I actually think that's what's going on? Nah, but it's a neat idea I think.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Popeye's an interesting one because I had thought he'd be one of those characters screwed over by the whole "the copyright expired, so he's public domain, but certain aspects of the character are still trademarked which limits his use" thing, but...apparently that's FAR less of an issue.

The basic rundown for those who aren't aware is that the Popeye character is owned by King Syndicate, which is owned by Hearst Holdings, Inc. (yes, that Hearst), while WB currently owns the animated shorts through Turner Entertainment (the same subsidiary that gives them access to the pre-1980s MGM library). Popeye himself enters the public domain in the US next year, so WB would have major control for something like Multiversus...but the trademark would still persist and be kept by King Syndicate/Hearst Holdings, and Hearst has been very good at trademarking the character name for everything under the sun, and keeping said trademark up.

HOWEVER.

The one area they let the trademark lapse? Video games. The trademark for the use of the name Popeye in video games lapsed in 2009. So once 2025 rolls around (and let's be real, he was never going to be one of the two characters immediately after Nubia in October lmao), there shouldn't be any issues with including Popeye provided he's based on the animated shorts instead of the newspaper comics.

MartianSnake

Smash Ace
Guys I just had an interesting thought

The Steamboat Willie stage might have been leftover from when they pitched it to Disney, but what if they wanted to retool it into a stage based on Popeye? He is actually owned by WB right now, and he's one of those legacy characters who started in black and white shorts. A retro-inspired stage for him could make a lot of sense.

Do I actually think that's what's going on? Nah, but it's a neat idea I think.
I highly doubt they'd have any leftover stages in the files from such an old pitch

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Do you mean we've seen the steamboat willie stage or a stage from the Disney pitch because those are different things
There were leftovers of The Hulk and elements of a Wreck-It Ralph stage among others in prior datamines. It’s not that hard to believe a very rough Steamboat Willie stage could have been made and left in. It happens all the time. There are games that leave in entire scrapped levels and characters.

MartianSnake

Smash Ace
There were leftovers of The Hulk and elements of a Wreck-It Ralph stage among others in prior datamines. It’s not that hard to believe a very rough Steamboat Willie stage could have been made and left in. It happens all the time. There are games that leave in entire scrapped levels and characters.
Yeah but those were datamined in thr beta days right? Unlike the steamboat willie stage

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah but those were datamined in thr beta days right? Unlike the steamboat willie stage
I recall Hulk still being in there post-launch but I could be remembering wrong.

My theory is that Steamboat Willie was copied back into the files so they could reuse certain elements of it for the Over the Garden Wall stage, which also takes place on a boat.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I recall Hulk still being in there post-launch but I could be remembering wrong.

My theory is that Steamboat Willie was copied back into the files so they could reuse certain elements of it for the Over the Garden Wall stage, which also takes place on a boat.
They could also want to put steamboat willie in the game too you know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The one thing that has been on my mind is that, somewhat notably, the leaked Mad Max and Potter stages are more accurately modeled but lack and placeholder colors, while, say, the Courage, Barbie, and presumably Wonka stages are less detailed but seem to have placeholder colors. The two very different stages of development make me think the Potter and Mad Max ones could be from when negotiations for those franchises fell through, as per the original Huge Leaker leaks, but it's tough to say. Just something that keeps entering my mind.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Whatever happened to the second hugeleakeractually leak? The one with Ted Lasso?
I feel like the leaker probably had real information, but things changed so much when they shut down the game and relaunch so I think that many of his information are so old that they might be cancelled or some characters might still come but much later than anticipated (I think that's what happening with Johnny Bravo and Fred Flintstones when the team realised that other cartoons characters like Jack and PPG were much more popular in the fanbase). Ted Lasso is a weird case because according to Papa Genos, the leaker was confused and Ted Lasso was not planned at the time, but the team liked the idea and he might come eventually.

Top Bottom