• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Ivander

Smash Legend
So...how are u guys feeling with multiversus right now? Good, bad, meh? Do you think the games is in a good state or still needs a lot of work? Risk of dying?

Personally i am content with the game but i can understand the monetization and some of the grind being a deal breaker
I'm feeling good so far with it. I think there are things that still need some work like hitboxes, balancing, a bit less focus on monetization and trying to find bugs faster before they end up messing things up. Whether it dies or not, we shall see later.

Yeah, I do wish the monetization was a bit less focused, but as long as the Rifts allow for grinding Event EXP, I don't see a whole lot of issues with grinding Events aside from the PVP focused grinds like the Cybucks. If we get another event with currency similar to Cybucks, I hope they give out a second set of daily missions per day that give off that currency to make those kind of events less of a grind.
I'm also not a fan of what they did with Battlepass XP. While it's not hard to complete the Battlepass if doing daily missions every day as well as the Weeklies, I don't like how they did the changes to Battlepass XP from PVP to try to combat against AFK Farmers or Farmers who let themselves be hit then go into the blastzone intentionally for quick XP. While I'm not necessarily against XP being earned through doing damage, right now it feels too punishing on the players who do play the matches.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So...how are u guys feeling with multiversus right now? Good, bad, meh? Do you think the games is in a good state or still needs a lot of work? Risk of dying?

Personally i am content with the game but i can understand the monetization and some of the grind being a deal breaker
I don't think it's at a risk of dying but I still think it has a lot of problems with how it plays and the content model of updates and monetization. I don't want to go into specifics because I don't want to start an argument, but I feel like if they fixed the problems I have with it the game would really finally capture the same appeal Smash has (what I assume they want) but doing any of that would fundamentally change what kind of game it is so I doubt that they will.

I’d be good with either but man I’d still mark the hell out for a playable Sonic character. Especially if they give him a better moveset than the one he has in Smash

Skins would be great though. I kinda wanna draw that now.
Considering PFG has notoriously struggled with getting their advertisements on time when it comes to playables, there's no shot we'd be getting a Sonic character. So soon at that... They'd have to prioritize Sonic over all the other characters/advertisements Warner likely wants.

I don't think it's at a risk of dying but I still think it has a lot of problems with how it plays and the content model of updates and monetization. I don't want to go into specifics because I don't want to start an argument, but I feel like if they fixed the problems I have with it the game would really finally capture the same appeal Smash has (what I assume they want) but doing any of that would fundamentally change what kind of game it is so I doubt that they will.
PFG would be foolish to try and chase the same Smash appeal. Most Smash players will always stick to Smash, in fact they will instantly drop this game like a bad habit and never look back the millisecond we get more Smash news. Multiversus' best chance at sticking around is through Brawlhalla's approach: stay unique and build their own audience, even if it means most Smash fans don't give a damn about the game.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I wonder if they'll fix the problem where the game crashes when I try to enter a match sometimes.

Not disconnecting. Literally crashing and shutting down the program on my Steam Deck. That's not supposed to happen.
I had a bug yesterday where the match loaded in but no fighters loaded in and I had to force close the game.

Effectively, I got the Conker Glitch (I’m calling it that because a fan account that wants them to add Conker the Squirrel to the game has had this constantly happen since launch).

Faso115

Smash Lord
I’ve gotten back into doing my dailies and I’m pretty far along in the pass… but I did pay to advance 10 spaces twice because I’m a moron.
Singlehandedly keeping the game alive /s

So far my matches have been pretty fair, i even managed to finish all the prestige challenges except the Valentine ones cause i haven't gotten any in the beta. Sadge times.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Singlehandedly keeping the game alive /s

So far my matches have been pretty fair, i even managed to finish all the prestige challenges except the Valentine ones cause i haven't gotten any in the beta. Sadge times.
Yeah. That’s the only one I have left to do. I had to buy 20-XXe Superman though because I fell off the game during that event.

I wish we could gift each other skins.

Faso115

Smash Lord

I still question why they decided to show the roster like this. Not only they accidentally show Banana Guard, they also made guessing the other character significantly easier.

Why? Well apparently they decided to count article "the" when alphabetizing, so it's no longer "Joker" but "The Joker" now. The Jason rumors would have leaked either way, but it would have more competition if the mystery character was between Jake and Lebron, but Joker made it much easier to guess lol.

Now i wonder if it's going to be "Wicked Witch" or "The Wicked Witch". I doubt they will go with "The Wicked Witch of the West", gamers struggle with names longer than two words

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I still question why they decided to show the roster like this. Not only they accidentally show Banana Guard, they also made guessing the other character significantly easier.

Why? Well apparently they decided to count article "the" when alphabetizing, so it's no longer "Joker" but "The Joker" now. The Jason rumors would have leaked either way, but it would have more competition if the mystery character was between Jake and Lebron, but Joker made it much easier to guess lol.

Now i wonder if it's going to be "Wicked Witch" or "The Wicked Witch". I doubt they will go with "The Wicked Witch of the West", gamers struggle with names longer than two words
I wish they were sorted by franchise instead of alphabetically

What a wild reminder that this game actually thought the 3D portraits were acceptable to release with and something we could've been stuck with forever...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same but I do like the 2D art.

What I don’t understand is why they don’t use preexisting 2D art for variants found on their website. :4pacman:
For consistency's sake, I guess.

They have 2D renders for all default skins but not all variants.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Shaggy and Jake in the Titans Tower stage was a really weird choice. Maybe they didn't wanna create new models, but it would've made more sense to just.....not have any cameos?

Shaggy and Jake in the Titans Tower stage was a really weird choice. Maybe they didn't wanna create new models, but it would've made more sense to just.....not have any cameos?
Nah I like that they're willing to make wacky choices of using the base roster to emphasize the crossover fact of MVS. Like having Shaggy and Jake be buds on the Titans stage. Makes the game feel alive.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wdym? Starfire is right there on the TV! :troll:

Top Bottom