• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I'll see what happens. Them being in the shop certainly doesn't mean they will gotten with the new currency. After all, the Epic Sport skins required Gleamium instead of the Sport Medal and out of the 6 20XXL skins, only Rick and Morty's skins could be gotten with Cybucks.
It's better to be on the side of caution regarding this than assume the better.
Please just go back and watch the Into the Verse about 51 minutes in. I really wish it had auto subtitles but it doesn’t, so I copied the relevant quote as best as I could.

”Something else that’s really cool about this event is, uh, when you are, uh, going to get the skins you are also going to be able to get currency to unlock the older skins for Batman. So you’ll, uh, be able to get currency that’ll be able to be used to get the Batman animated skin, the samurai Batman, so if you’re not necessarily looking to get the individual, uh, masks and you just want the Batman skins you’ll be able to get that, you’ll have a lot of options that we’ll be seeing when the event goes live a few weeks from now.”

Faso115

Smash Lord
MVS is built around duos right, so at least every franchise should have 2 characters for the theme to work. So i decided every franchise with one character will receive a second character. Who would be your choice?

I'm going to be pretty vanilla with my choices:

The Matrix: Neo

Game of Thrones: The Hound

Beetlejuice: Lydia Deetz

Friday the 13th: Tommy Jarvis

Space Jam: The Monstars

PFG: Tony Huyn (LOL, probably one of the unused OCs)

Samurai Jack: Aku

Powerpuff Girls: Mojo Jojo

Tom and Jerry: Spike (i was going to say Clint Clobber but that would work as a boss)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
MVS is built around duos right, so at least every franchise should have 2 characters for the theme to work. So i decided every franchise with one character will receive a second character. Who would be your choice?

Tom and Jerry: Spike (i was going to say Clint Clobber but that would work as a boss)
You forgot Iron Giant.

Not every series needs multiple characters. All that will do is unnecessarily bloat the roster.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The maintenance is happening.

It's mostly a hotfix. Other than that, the PPG will be losing some of their 0 to Death potential.

Maybe they will also bring back the Ranbow Dash perk. It was removed within a hour after launching because a player could literally carry an opponent to the blast zone with it (think Smash 4 Bayonetta using the first hit of her forward air combo against Fox).

Edit: And here come the patch notes

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

While I don't think every franchise should have two characters (I think IG, T&J and Jason are enough to represent their series/movie(s)), any that can get away with it really should.

Samurai Jack: Aku for a villain pic, The Scottsman for a co-op with Jack pick (plus we get more Jake lines out of it)

PPG: Yeah, Mojo. Though frankly you could pad out the roster with any amount of PPG's villains. That rogues gallery is underrated in how iconic it is.

Beetlejuice: Yeah, Lydia.

Space Jam: I mean, would Lola count?

Batman could use some Batfamily members, since we already have Joker and Harley accounted for.

My question is when we start getting into new co-op duos like Mordecai and Rigby, Charlie and Pim, Agent J and Agent K, etc, would they both be introduced in the same season so you can have them together as soon as possible or would they be spread out more?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I know I'm going to get some nasty replies, but I think Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends could qualify. On the one hand, it has more than enough reason to be added in the roster. On the other hand, it's named after an adoption center, and a colorful one at that.
I was thinking the same thing. Not that I'm against a Foster's character joining the roster, but the home is large and vibrant enough to be a stage regardless of if a character is playable.

Similarly, the school from My Gym Partner's a Monkey would be interesting. There were a couple platformer flash games on the CN website that made use of it, giving it a whole jungle aesthetic.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
While I don't think every franchise should have two characters (I think IG, T&J and Jason are enough to represent their series/movie(s)), any that can get away with it really should.

Samurai Jack: Aku for a villain pic, The Scottsman for a co-op with Jack pick (plus we get more Jake lines out of it)

PPG: Yeah, Mojo. Though frankly you could pad out the roster with any amount of PPG's villains. That rogues gallery is underrated in how iconic it is.

Beetlejuice: Yeah, Lydia.

Space Jam: I mean, would Lola count?

Batman could use some Batfamily members, since we already have Joker and Harley accounted for.

My question is when we start getting into new co-op duos like Mordecai and Rigby, Charlie and Pim, Agent J and Agent K, etc, would they both be introduced in the same season so you can have them together as soon as possible or would they be spread out more?
I love Beetlejuice but... I really don't think it warrants or needs a second character. Lydia's the pick but she doesn't do a lot of... anything besides talking and running around in either film. The man himself is more than enough to represent his series.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I love Beetlejuice but... I really don't think it warrants or needs a second character. Lydia's the pick but she doesn't do a lot of... anything besides talking and running around in either film. The man himself is more than enough to represent his series.
Well, there IS the cartoon to pick inspiration from as well. You know that the red spiderweb dress is first in line for an alt too.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Yeah, my idea was more less born from the desire to have iconic duos share a season and not really a slot. For example, Mordecai and Rigby would be 2 fighters for say, season 10 right? Now who comes first is up to the devs, would suck for Rigby fans if he's mid-season and vice versa, also the fact that one just get a cool legendary and the other might not.

By doing this you avoid the awkward period where u are wondering "where's the other guy" like we had for Rick (i know it was like, a month and a half waiting for Rick but it was still weird that we just had morty and no rick)

Now, here's an interesting question for you guys:

How do you handle these guys? 3 slots? 2 slots? 1 slot?

If you ask me, 2 slots would be the sweet spot like Punch time explosion did (Billy and Mandy together, Grim by himself). But if the devs are incredibly based, let them do all 3 as separate characters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

If you ask me, 2 slots would be the sweet spot like Punch time explosion did (Billy and Mandy together, Grim by himself). But if the devs are incredibly based, let them do all 3 as separate characters
There was a fighting game where all three were separate slots so they could be separate. That said, I’m fine with just Grim.

While I’m here:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah, my idea was more less born from the desire to have iconic duos share a season and not really a slot. For example, Mordecai and Rigby would be 2 fighters for say, season 10 right? Now who comes first is up to the devs, would suck for Rigby fans if he's mid-season and vice versa, also the fact that one just get a cool legendary and the other might not.

By doing this you avoid the awkward period where u are wondering "where's the other guy" like we had for Rick (i know it was like, a month and a half waiting for Rick but it was still weird that we just had morty and no rick)

I can't see all three in one slot working. It's already confusing keeping track of three Powerpuff Girls at once, and they at least have the benefit of being very tiny. Billy and Mandy would have to be Steven sized, PLUS how tall Grim is.
I think if nothing else, Grim would definitely be his own slot. But then where does that leave Billy and Mandy, is the question. I watched a little bit of their PTE moveset and yeesh. It's not great.
I think I'm fine with just Grim, but if I had to pick only one of the duo to go with him, I'd pick Mandy.

If I can act out of character for a moment, there IS a CN duo I'd actually be totally fine with being in one slot.

1726861200022.jpeg

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be opposed to Nightwing I guess, but I'd much rather have other stuff from DC than just Batman related. This is a big problem for me with the Injustice game with like 1/3 of the roster being Batman related and Batman vilains.

I can't see all three in one slot working. It's already confusing keeping track of three Powerpuff Girls at once, and they at least have the benefit of being very tiny. Billy and Mandy would have to be Steven sized, PLUS how tall Grim is.
I think if nothing else, Grim would definitely be his own slot. But then where does that leave Billy and Mandy, is the question. I watched a little bit of their PTE moveset and yeesh. It's not great.
I think I'm fine with just Grim, but if I had to pick only one of the duo to go with him, I'd pick Mandy.

If I can act out of character for a moment, there IS a CN duo I'd actually be totally fine with being in one slot.

View attachment 394503
As much as I'd love some David Feiss representation, I think you can just put in The Red Guy and have him be the sole representative of both Feiss shows. And should that be what happens, could you really blame the devs for that?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In terms of a franchise that could have a stage but not a character... well, MVS' closest ancestor Disney Infinity almost got ABC news content so...
Quick correction, but it was an unused Good Morning America set, not ABC News.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
As much as I'd love some David Feiss representation, I think you can just put in The Red Guy and have him be the sole representative of both Feiss shows. And should that be what happens, could you really blame the devs for that?
That’s what I thought too, hell, Red Guy is actually one of my big wants, but I thought about how a Cow and Chicken duo could work and now I think we could have more Feiss characters.

If we want to be fair, throw in I R Baboon too.

ALSO apparently Wonder Woman shrinking is a bug… somehow.

Last edited:
That’s what I thought too, hell, Red Guy is actually one of my big wants, but I thought about how a Cow and Chicken duo could work and now I think we could have more Feiss characters.
Come to think of it, if Cow and Chicken were a duo fighter, that might be enough for the Regular Show fans to get solo Mordecai and solo Rigby. One duo split for another's sticking power.
If we want to be fair, throw in I R Baboon too.
I'm more of an I M Weasel fan myself. I have a preference for protagonists and/or mascot characters. By my count, Baboon doesn't fall under either one.
ALSO apparently Wonder Woman shrinking is a bug… somehow.
A shrinking bug? Dare I say, a Wasp?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm more of an I M Weasel fan myself. I have a preference for protagonists and/or mascot characters. By my count, Baboon doesn't fall under either one.
I always thought Baboon was the actual main character the way Wile E Coyote is the actual main character of the “Road Runner Cartoons”.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ima be real I ****in hate Cow and Chicken, but I love I.M. Weasel, if one of the two shows gets in it better be the latter

Red Guy is the correct answer to rep both though

He did, though Charlie Adler wasn't voicing him. It was Dana Snyder (voice of Master Shake) doing an admittedly pretty decent impression.
Not only that, but his cameo would predate the upcoming CN crossover event by a good while. Helps that C&C didn't make the jump from Hanna-Barbera to Cartoon Network Studios. Even Johnny Bravo did that.

I wouldn't be opposed to Nightwing I guess, but I'd much rather have other stuff from DC than just Batman related. This is a big problem for me with the Injustice game with like 1/3 of the roster being Batman related and Batman vilains.
This is one of the reasons why I'm down for Nubia and am lowkey hoping the comic confirms that Brainiac's happening sooner or later. Superman and WW don't get enough love imo.

Faso115

Smash Lord
You know, i wonder if season 4 could be a three character season. Don't devs usually take a break around christhmas? Maybe they space it out in a way so the mid-season patch drop in january with 2 characters to make up for lost time. (Here's assuming that Season 4 launches in late november, i haven't actually done the math yet)

she's from DC you'd have to say bumblebee
Fair point. Forgot about her.
You know, i wonder if season 4 could be a three character season. Don't devs usually take a break around christhmas? Maybe they space it out in a way so the mid-season patch drop in january with 2 characters to make up for lost time. (Here's assuming that Season 4 launches in late november, i haven't actually done the math yet)
I'd want that, but I still think that's unlikely.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Personally I'm expecting every future seasons to have 2 characters. I think the relaunch was an exception and releasing 2 characters in a mid season patch would just mean that 1 character would most likely get overshadow.

I also don't really understand the logic behind your point that "if the team work less during Christmas, we might get more content". If anything I could see the opposite happening and we would get the mid season patch a bit later than usual (assuming the mid season happen right in Christmas break) with a smaller patch notes because of the break.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so I've read that it's quite well known that the EULA doesn't load quite right for this game. kinda surprised it's not come up in this thread before. or have I just missed it?

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I'm really betting on Wicked Witch being added next season plsplspls also were really doing three CN characters as the battlepass headliner in a row?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'm really betting on Wicked Witch being added next season plsplspls also were really doing three CN characters as the battlepass headliner in a row?
I mean, they're gonna want characters that will actually get people to buy the BP. A lot of CN characters are just easy sells in that regard.

Granted there are non CN options that would also work but the choices so far make enough sense.

Top Bottom