• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

osby

Smash Obsessed
My favorite DC character is Shazam, but I kinda stopped supporting him after Black Adam got into the game. I do think Zatanna, Darkseid, and a Green Lantern would all be cool additions though.
Zatanna would be cool. Green Lantern, too, as long as they go with one of the cool ones - Jessica Cruz and John Steward would be my first picks but Kyle Raider or Guy Gardner would be neat, as well.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I think it's very likey to be Hal, but I could see it being John, with how inspired by the DCEU everything in this game is. Kyle would be fun.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Why would it really matter who's the base? It's not like the others wouldn't get dialogue and costumes and stuff.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Why would it really matter who's the base? It's not like the others wouldn't get dialogue and costumes and stuff.
Not sure if if I'm super into the idea of making all the GLS one character since they use their powers differently, it they did kinda do it in injustice I guess

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I'd say it matters quite a bit when those cosmetics in and of themselves are really expensive. I'd rather not drop 1k gleamium/6k fighter currency for the Green Lantern and then another 1.5k gleamium for the Lantern I'd actually want to play as.

That being said, the fact that at least one of the variant covers for the comic had specifically John Stewart on it as the Green Lantern has me hopeful they won't go the route of making boring old Hal the default.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I wouldn't be against both being fighters, with one being an Echo Fighter for the other with a few differences and not a variant for each other so that both could get their own cosmetics without one character getting all the focus. And to justify one being an Echo, you purchase one of them with the full cost of Fighter Currency and then the other's Fighter Currency gets cut in half so you only require half the Fighter Currency to get them.

I know it seems a bit much to get two Green Lantern characters with one being an Echo, but if both are popular to warrant being a Fighter, I don't see the issue of one being made an Echo Fighter of the other to allow both to get equal attention in terms of cosmetics.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Did it take me all this to realize Looney Tunes has no stage. That's....probably the weirdest thing about this game actually.

That made me wonder what franchises don't have a map yet.The list goes: Looney Tunes, Friday the 13th, The Matrix, Samurai Jack, Beetlejuice and Tom and Jerry

We know that most of them are getting maps those being The Mesas (forgot the name) for Looney Tunes, Accross Time for Jack, Camp Crystal Lake and Cat Concerto

On the flipside, Dexter's Laboratory is the only franchise with no character but has a stage. It's the only one with this predicament weirdly enough.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Did it take me all this to realize Looney Tunes has no stage. That's....probably the weirdest thing about this game actually.

That made me wonder what franchises don't have a map yet.The list goes: Looney Tunes, Friday the 13th, The Matrix, Samurai Jack, Beetlejuice and Tom and Jerry

We know that most of them are getting maps those being The Mesas (forgot the name) for Looney Tunes, Accross Time for Jack, Camp Crystal Lake and Cat Concerto

On the flipside, Dexter's Laboratory is the only franchise with no character but has a stage. It's the only one with this predicament weirdly enough.
there are two Looney tunes stages (woods and desert) in the files and there was early stuff for what some think is a Beetlejuice stage but it's too early along to telltell

really surprised at no Matrix stage. Iron Gaint doesn't have a stage but there's replay not much you could do there I guess

ivanlerma

Smash Master

you forgot Wascally Woods

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman

Tbf PPG was in the same camp as Dexter until a few days ago.

Faso115

Smash Lord
there are two Looney tunes stages (woods and desert) in the files and there was early stuff for what some think is a Beetlejuice stage but it's too early along to telltell

really surprised at no Matrix stage. Iron Gaint doesn't have a stage but there's replay not much you could do there I guess
Somehow the biggest MF in the game is the one i completely glossed over

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Iron Gaint doesn't have a stage but there's replay not much you could do there I guess
I beg to differ, honestly. Dean's Scrapyard would absolutely work as a stage, as would the actual town of Rockwell. A scrapyard and a coastal New England town are two incredibly distinct aesthetic choices to base a stage after.

Honestly all three of the properties with characters but no stages (including datamined stages) all have more than enough material to work with. The Iron Giant, Beetlejuice, and The Matrix could all get them easily.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I want to suggest the car chase for a matrix stage to fill the void of Traffic Jam not coming back for NASB2

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I beg to differ, honestly. Dean's Scrapyard would absolutely work as a stage, as would the actual town of Rockwell. A scrapyard and a coastal New England town are two incredibly distinct aesthetic choices to base a stage after.

Honestly all three of the properties with characters but no stages (including datamined stages) all have more than enough material to work with. The Iron Giant, Beetlejuice, and The Matrix could all get them easily.
I haven't seen it since I was s like ten so that's on me. A scrapyard stage actually sounds pretty fun

A Matrix stage based on the subway fight would be so cool

Hal would be a worse choice than Stewart for Green Lantern representation. The latter would be easier, more cost effective and continues to help add more diverse looking faces in a roster that definitely needs it. Hal would be better as a variant.

Not sure if if I'm super into the idea of making all the GLS one character since they use their powers differently, it they did kinda do it in injustice I guess
This doesn't really mean anything since Rowdyruff Boys, Fern, Cake and Batman Who Laughs could've also had vastly different movesets since they had different uses of abilities or different abilities entirely in their media before. Green Lanterns fundamentally have the same power so it'd be optimal if they're variants. Doesn't feel fair if other distinct characters became variants while the Lanterns get separate spots.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Here's a fun question

What are some franchises you think could have a stage but no characters?

Here's a fun question

I know I'm going to get some nasty replies, but I think Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends could qualify. On the one hand, it has more than enough reason to be added in the roster. On the other hand, it's named after an adoption center, and a colorful one at that.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Here's a fun question

Probably most of the discovery side of the WB umbrella. After that, it's really hard to come up because characters are way more important than stages

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Due to some weirdness with bundles in the Store, it can be currently seen in-game that the currency for the upcoming Batman event is called "Batman 85 Credits."
It says in this screenshot that Animated Series Batman cannot be bought, but he can still be bought from the Variants screen for his normal Gleamium cost. It looks like they accidentally put the (currently disabled) event currency offer in this bundle instead of the normal Gleamium offer.

20240919210924_1.jpg

Ivander

Smash Legend
Due to some weirdness with bundles in the Store, it can be currently seen in-game that the currency for the upcoming Batman event is called "Batman 85 Credits."
It says in this screenshot that Animated Series Batman cannot be bought, but he can still be bought from the Variants screen for his normal Gleamium cost. It looks like they accidentally put the (currently disabled) event currency offer in this bundle instead of the normal Gleamium offer.

View attachment 394483
It'd be cool if some of the older cosmetics could be gotten with the new currency, although if we do, I suspect they will stick to Epic or lower in terms of variants. We know from the Cybucks event that they are willing to give out Epic skins and Legendary Banners/Profile Icons for currency, but I'd be shocked if they allowed Animated Batman or Samurai Batman to be bought with the upcoming currency.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I hope Batman the character can be bought with those credits like previous events let u buy a character if it featured a skin, that's how i managed to get Finn, Lebron, Arya and Giant. If not, at the very least the animated batman skin is a nice treat.

Although i believe the credits will work like cybucks and those didn't let u buy a character

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It'd be cool if some of the older cosmetics could be gotten with the new currency, although if we do, I suspect they will stick to Epic or lower in terms of variants. We know from the Cybucks event that they are willing to give out Epic skins and Legendary Banners/Profile Icons for currency, but I'd be shocked if they allowed Animated Batman or Samurai Batman to be bought with the upcoming currency.
They outright said during the Into the Verse that you’ll be able to get Animated Batman and Samurai Batman during the event. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re crazy expensive, though, enough that a lot of people would want to buy more of the Batman currency directly with gleamium, but it still might be a discount even with that.

(Personally, I’m not super interested in playing as Batman himself so I‘ll likely opt for the skins for the other characters mostly, but I’ll think about it.)

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Hal would be a worse choice than Stewart for Green Lantern representation. The latter would be easier, more cost effective and continues to help add more diverse looking faces in a roster that definitely needs it. Hal would be better as a variant.

This doesn't really mean anything since Rowdyruff Boys, Fern, Cake and Batman Who Laughs could've also had vastly different movesets since they had different uses of abilities or different abilities entirely in their media before. Green Lanterns fundamentally have the same power so it'd be optimal if they're variants. Doesn't feel fair if other distinct characters became variants while the Lanterns get separate spots.
Oh I agree. I think the best outcome is Hal \ John \ Guy \ maybe Jessica as skins of each other. GL should be a BP skin since there's so many premium skin options

wouldn't mind seeing the other lantern corps get playable spots though

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh I agree. I think the best outcome is Hal \ John \ Guy \ maybe Jessica as skins of each other. GL should be a BP skin since there's so many premium skin options

wouldn't mind seeing the other lantern corps get playable spots though
Saint Walker would be neat

Ivander

Smash Legend
They outright said during the Into the Verse that you’ll be able to get Animated Batman and Samurai Batman during the event. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re crazy expensive, though, enough that a lot of people would want to buy more of the Batman currency directly with gleamium, but it still might be a discount even with that.

(Personally, I’m not super interested in playing as Batman himself so I‘ll likely opt for the skins for the other characters mostly, but I’ll think about it.)
I'll see what happens. Them being in the shop certainly doesn't mean they will gotten with the new currency. After all, the Epic Sport skins required Gleamium instead of the Sport Medal and out of the 6 20XXL skins, only Rick and Morty's skins could be gotten with Cybucks.
It's better to be on the side of caution regarding this than assume the better.

Top Bottom