• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Mate you go onto the street and ask people if they remember who the **** Peter Potamus is and tell me how many people say they know

If someone else wants these C-tier rejects, that's fine, but realistically they shouldn't expect them to be even referenced let alone get in.
wow. a strange hill to die on. Hannah Barbara are the literal who’s of the WB library.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ironically Peter Potamus is actually referenced in Multiversus
Doubtful but Alright? Replace that with literally any of these other characters. El Kabong, Wally Gator, Auggie Doggie? Ask anyone on the street and 85% you'll get the same response:

"I don't know who that is"t
13% you get:
"I feel like I might recognize the name"
1%:
"Yeah I loved that cartoon"

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I see DC and Cartoon Network in the same way regarding the roster. They're both huge and have a plethora of characters to choose from, but it'll be overwhelming if most of the characters we get are from them. Currently that isn't the case, and I hope it continues to not be the case. Ideally they space things out well.
The difference between CN and DC is, if you put in Dexter, Cow and Chicken, Mordecai, Johnny Bravo, Uncle Grandpa, Bloo and Grim, youre adding more individual IP representation than you would be adding in The Flash, Aquaman, Raven, Cyborg, Green Lantern and Lex Luthor.

DC is one big shared universe IP. CN is not.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Doubtful but Alright? Replace that with literally any of these other characters. El Kabong, Wally Gator, Auggie Doggie? Ask anyone on the street and 85% you'll get the same response:

13% you get:
1%:
The obscurity is part of the fun! You get people learning about these things they've never heard of! Imagine if this game MADE someone a Peter Potamus fan because they were playable in multiversus! When I first found out about smash I didn't know who 70% of the roster was, and now I'd say I'm a fan of about 75% of roster!

Faso115

Smash Lord
Now here's the big question:

What character do you think is a must or a big deal and yet is not here?

My personal pick is Scooby Doo. His franchise is the only one that doesn't have the namesake character and it's very weird.

Like imagine having garnet but not steven. Or Rick without Morty. It's probably a me thing but i like when those characters are around

The difference between CN and DC is, if you put in Dexter, Cow and Chicken, Mordecai, Johnny Bravo, Uncle Grandpa, Bloo and Grim, youre adding more individual IP representation than you would be adding in The Flash, Aquaman, Raven, Cyborg, Green Lantern and Lex Luthor.

CN City was real in my heart dammit!

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The obscurity is part of the fun! You get people learning about these things they've never heard of! Imagine if this game MADE someone a Peter Potamus fan because they were playable in multiversus! When I first found out about smash I didn't know who 70% of the roster was, and now I'd say I'm a fan of about 75% of roster!
I wish that was still how it worked. Now if there's a character added to one of these games that's any less than a "even your grandma knows who that is" pick, they start calling them a waste of space. There's no curiosity anymore.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

13% you get:
1%:
I live in Scotland. The answer would 100% of the time be **** off regardless of the question. After all the people on the street here are all hammered

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well that was a bit of hyperbole, but I get what you’re saying.

I can see what you mean with DC, though I feel like there’s probably bound to be some sort of limit imposed given DC is one IP split into multiple branches while CN is multiple individual IP under a brand name. We can be pedantic and say Superman, Batman, Teen Titans etc are all separate works but as far as the general public is concerned, they’re all “DC characters” since they all exist in one world.

I don’t think WB’s entire film library is on the table as much as its TV library is but then I’m not a film buff by any means, I could be totally wrong. Though they don’t own Jason so they’re already poking into third parties.
Just wanted to chime in on this really quickly, but Jason is owned by Warner Bros. Or at least partially. The Friday the Thirteenth franchise's copyright is owned by Warner Bros through New Line Cinema, and Multiversus's own copyright statement confirms that.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I wish that was still how it worked. Now if there's a character added to one of these games that's any less than a "even your grandma knows who that is" pick, they start calling them a waste of space. There's no curiosity anymore.
For real. My favourite character in the Marvel vs Capcom series is Shuma-Gorath and at the time he was made a character he was so obscure, only 3 guys at marvel actually knew the guy.

It's like adding Shocker before Spiderman levels of weird

LimeTH

Smash Lord

My personal pick is Scooby Doo. His franchise is the only one that doesn't have the namesake character and it's very weird.

Like imagine having garnet but not steven. Or Rick without Morty. It's probably a me thing but i like when those characters are around
To be fair to Shaggy and Velma, all the Scooby characters are equally iconic to the general public. Scooby isn't any more important that either of them.

BUT, that said, where the hell is Dexter? We have his lab as a stage but he's nowhere to be found even in the datamines?

Otherwise, Fred Flintstone and Daffy Duck are the big "WHERE ARE THEY"s to me.

Just wanted to chime in on this really quickly, but Jason is owned by Warner Bros. Or at least partially. The Friday the Thirteenth franchise's copyright is owned by Warner Bros through New Line Cinemas, and Multiversus's own copyright statement confirms that.
My bad. A lot of people were talking as if he was a licensing deal and not a full on WB character.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman

Eh, I'm not so interested in the question, through leaks and hints I'm pretty sure all the big names are coming sooner or later, hence why I'm putting all my speculation stock in Atom Ant and folks like him.

Yes I love Scooby and Daffy, but I can wait on those guys. Daffy Duck coming in say, season 6 over season 5 isn't gonna knock the lights out at the PFG offices

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I can assure you wholeheartedly that no one would become a fan of Peter Potamus because of this game, because like most of the retro HB library, it's not a good cartoon. It was low-effort rushed out stuff.

Look, I grew up with this stuff too. I know more about these retro cartoons than most. The difference is that even as a kid I reocgnized that most of them just kinda sucked. One or two obscure picks are just fine, but we don't need Yogi and all his stupid friends to tag along, especially when most of these cartoons were puns and auditory jokes or generic cartoon slapstick. Unironically, I think El Kabong/Quick-Draw McGraw would be a dope retro pick, but he's just not someone that people are gonna spend their hard-earned money on. As long as this game is live service, don't expect characters that aren't hype picks to go over well. Look at Nubia - people are already complaining about her as is, and she comes from a huge IP. Even back in the 50s and 60s these cartoons were panned for not being very good.

**** Jabberjaw in particular. I had enough of that stupid shark from that damn music video as a kid. Makes me wanna bash my skull into a wall everytime it wriggles into my head.

I'm not trying to make people upset here, I'm just saying. Theoretical infinite slots are not infinite. This game will die eventually, and I'd rather it cover the basics before dipping into the obscure, because it won't always have that chance.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
My bad. A lot of people were talking as if he was a licensing deal and not a full on WB character.
a lot of these long running horror characters have confusing rights since different studios do different films, but after the recent lawsuit was sorted the character himself is under new line iirc

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I can assure you wholeheartedly that no one would become a fan of Peter Potamus because of this game, because like most of the retro HB library, it's not a good cartoon. It was low-effort rushed out stuff.

Look, I grew up with this stuff too. I know more about these retro cartoons than most. The difference is that even as a kid I reocgnized that most of them just kinda sucked. One or two obscure picks are just fine, but we don't need Yogi and all his stupid friends to tag along, especially when most of these cartoons were puns and auditory jokes or generic cartoon slapstick. Unironically, I think El Kabong/Quick-Draw McGraw would be a dope retro pick, but he's just not someone that people are gonna spend their hard-earned money on. As long as this game is live service, don't expect characters that aren't hype picks to go over well. Look at Nubia - people are already complaining about her as is, and she comes from a huge IP. Even back in the 50s and 60s these cartoons were panned for not being very good.

**** Jabberjaw in particular. I had enough of that stupid shark from that damn music video as a kid. Makes me wanna bash my skull into a wall everytime it wriggles into my head.

I'm not trying to make people upset here, I'm just saying. Theoretical infinite slots are not infinite. This game will die eventually, and I'd rather it cover the basics before dipping into the obscure, because it won't always have that chance.
I think you get far to angry about this game

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman

Look, I grew up with this stuff too. I know more about these retro cartoons than most. The difference is that even as a kid I reocgnized that most of them just kinda sucked. One or two obscure picks are just fine, but we don't need Yogi and all his stupid friends to tag along, especially when most of these cartoons were puns and auditory jokes or generic cartoon slapstick. Unironically, I think El Kabong/Quick-Draw McGraw would be a dope retro pick, but he's just not someone that people are gonna spend their hard-earned money on. As long as this game is live service, don't expect characters that aren't hype picks to go over well. Look at Nubia - people are already ******** about her as is, and she comes from a huge IP. Even back in the 50s and 60s these cartoons were panned for not being very good.

The cartoon? Yeah that's not making any fans. The character? I think people would absolutely become fond for the guy if he was fun to play!

I reckon most smash-born ROB fans wouldn't touch Gyromite with a ten foot pole. But they do love the character, wholeheartedly.

Also, it's becoming very clear we're very much opposites. Because I ADORE that jabberjaw music video.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think you get far to angry about this game
I want this game to succeed, but watching the devs make every stupid decision in the book does a lot to a guy

So does seeing a fanbase more obsessed with getting a drug dealer into the game

But no, I'm not actually angry about this conversation, I'm just trying to point out that we can't get every Tom, Jack, and Harry in the book. Temper expectations.

I also don't frequently get the chance to let me true feelings about how bad HB cartoons are soooo yeah I'm gonna take the chance to dump on them

The cartoon? Yeah that's not making any fans. The character? I think people would absolutely become fond for the guy if he was fun to play!

I reckon most smash-born ROB fans wouldn't touch Gyromite with a ten foot pole. But they do love the character, wholeheartedly.

Also, it's becoming very clear we're very much opposites. Because I ADORE that jabberjaw music video.
I wouldn't say people love R.O.B...

Maybe I wouldn't be so hard on that video if it wasn't played every hour basically. I was a pretty sharp kid. I got my homework done early, which meant lots of cartoon time, which meant seeing more of that video and eventually I just wanted to rip my hair out from how often it played

To give Peter some credit at least I find his Jellystone version very funny. Again, a Jellystone stage would be great for representation for these shows. Because yes, they did help build the company. But we don't need the literal whos as playable. Yogi, Fred, Scooby, Dastardly, maybe Rosie and I'll even throw Top Cat a bone here and I think that's more than plenty for it. The others can cameo on a Jellystone stage. And... I guess, maybe a Jonny Quest stage? Blue Falcon outfit for Batman? There you go, more than enough classic HB love.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Could it be said that this game adopting Smash's hype cycle style of character reveals is hurting it more than it's helping?

Hell, that **** hurt Smash itself more than it did any good. When you try to get people excited for every character, that leaves out any fun wacky picks because those are meant to be a "didn't know you wanted it" sort of thing. Now that EVERY character has to be a hype machine, it leaves characters like Nubia, Banana Guard, or any HB talking animal besides Scooby in the dust. They can't ALL be Samurai Jack.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair to Shaggy and Velma, all the Scooby characters are equally iconic to the general public. Scooby isn't any more important that either of them.

BUT, that said, where the hell is Dexter? We have his lab as a stage but he's nowhere to be found even in the datamines?

Otherwise, Fred Flintstone and Daffy Duck are the big "WHERE ARE THEY"s to me.

Jason's rights issues are very weird. I actually misspoke in the last post too LMAO.

The rights to Jason specifically are held by WB through New Line, and the copyright blurb reads as such. "JASON and all related characters and elements © & ™ New Line Productions, Inc." The rights to the name Friday the Thirteenth and anything from specifically the first film are owned by Victor Miller as a result of his lawsuit against Sean Cunningham, but because of the twist in the first film where Jason isn't the killer and Pamela Voorhees is instead, the adult slasher Jason with the mask IS owned by New Line, after buying the rights in the 80s from Cunningham/Paramount.

It's a legal quagmire that (seemingly? judging by the Jason Universe stuff) got resolved recently.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Almost every character added to the game since relaunch has been a super iconic or fan favorite heavy hitter pop culture all-star. The only exceptions have been Banana Guard & Nubia, who need I remind everyone, are an easy asset reuse and a likely clone that probably didn't take up much development time. I reckon without Nubia, we might've had a season with just one new character.

The fans that want iconic picks and cartoon network characters are getting what they want, and judging by leaks and hints you're gonna keep getting what you want.

I'm not asking for no scooby in favor of atom ant. I'm not asking for Fred, Dastardly, or Yogi to be thrown in the bin in favor of jabberjaw. I'm asking for a chance, when the game is healthy, to consider adding someone unexpected.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Almost every character added to the game since relaunch has been a super iconic or fan favorite heavy hitter pop culture all-star. The only exceptions have been Banana Guard & Nubia, who need I remind everyone, are an easy asset reuse and a likely clone that probably didn't take up much development time. I reckon without Nubia, we might've had a season with just one new character.

The fans that want iconic picks and cartoon network characters are getting what they want, and judging by leaks and hints you're gonna keep getting what you want.

I'm not asking for no scooby in favor of atom ant. I'm not asking for Fred, Dastardly, or Yogi to be thrown in the bin in favor of jabberjaw. I'm asking for a chance, when the game is healthy, to consider adding someone unexpected.
I do agree with what you're saying, but Nubia seems to be entirely unique based on the leaked perks and the fact that, well, she wields a spear and doesn't have a shield.

That being said Jabberjaw is awesome and I will not pretend he isn't. Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I do agree with what you're saying, but Nubia seems to be entirely unique based on the leaked perks and the fact that, well, she wields a spear and doesn't have a shield.

That being said Jabberjaw is awesome and I will not pretend he isn't. Nyuck nyuck nyuck.
I do reckon some kind of asset reuse is in play with her, if only through her model and rigs and such

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Yes, DC is one universe, but it involves multiple individual franchises. Superman is its own franchise with its own line of comics and characters. Same with Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. That's why it's special. Multiversus treats DC as one franchise, and that's fine, but you could add 4-5 Superman or Batman characters without running out of good choices.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mate you go onto the street and ask people if they remember who the **** Peter Potamus is and tell me how many people say they know
You could say this about almost any Cartoon Network character that isn't called the Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, or Finn the Human. Not saying CN and its IPs aren't influential or popular, that'd be a blatant lie, but it's never really been bothered with keeping alive classic characters until the recent IP boom so only really people who were either kids or parents at the time an individual show aired would know most CN series outside of animation die hards (who would also know the HB characters). I think that's more just a case of how TV cartoon characters, and TV in general, works, they've always had a bit of an expiry date compared to theatrical and comic characters, since episodic TV shows that were made to be watched in random order are harder to pick up and just watch years after they're off the air without being part of a schedule or routine, it says nothing about the quality of the shows one way or another, when I was in my Rocko hyperfixation I had to grapple with RML being a piece of "lapsed nostalgia" so to speak, or at least bordering into that zone - nobody talks about it online outside of "Oh baby oh baby oh baby", and nostalgia merch from Nick is drying up - that status will come for every cartoon on TV some day, and that's OK, because the shows themselves and their documented history won't disappear.
I really don't want to single you out, I know how that feels and it sucks, but you seem really adamant that "objective quality" exists and that someone liking something you don't, or even just dis/liking something you also do slightly more/less, is some ridiculous hypothetical scenario. Especially considering that the 90s/2000s CN shows that make up such a big part of MVS' hype have a distinctive house-style born from love and nostalgia for HB.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Imagine how i feel wanting characters from a warner bros videogame, which at this point is probably just one or two Mortal kombat characters.

I wonder if they would have fighting game inputs. The MK ones tend to be much easier than in SF or Fatal Fury, but MVS is already very simple with the movesets.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Basically we need a HB plat fighter.
Or a HB Racing game.

Actually, how the frick' did Hanna-Barbara not get a crossover racing game? You don't just have Wacky Races, but Hanna-Barbara would actually do "Fender Bender 500" which was a semi-revival of Wacky Races, but with Hanna-Barbara characters. It brought back Dastardly and Muttley and the other Racers were Yogi-Bear & Boo-Boo, Huckleberry Hound & Snagglepuss, Magilla Gorilla(who some might recognize from Scooby-Doo's Arabian Nights as Magilla played Sinbad) & Wally Gator, Pixie Mouse & Dixie Mouse, Top Cat & Choo Choo, Quick Draw and Baba Looey, Augie Doogie & Doogie Daddy, and Winsome Witch & Lucky the Cat.
And then later, there was another Racer attempt called Yogi's Space Race which brought back Yogi and Huckleberry, but also had Jabberjaw, but the others were original characters IIRC.

So they made a Hanna-Barbara Racer Cartoon, but somehow not a Hanna-Barbera Racing Game. Somehow Hanna-Barbara made a ton of Hanna-Barbara crossover cartoons, but not a single crossover game.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I was in my Rocko hyperfixation I had to grapple with RML being a piece of "lapsed nostalgia" so to speak, or at least bordering into that zone - nobody talks about it online outside of "Oh baby oh baby oh baby", and nostalgia merch from Nick is drying up - that status will come for every cartoon on TV some day, and that's OK, because the shows themselves and their documented history won't disappear.
Brother, I know how that is with a ton of things and it is one of the worst feelings in the world. At the end of it you just wish you were living in the period when it was the new fresh thing than living in a time when all it is anymore is a memory and a few ebay listings.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Aside from the fact that this is a kind of bad faith argument, these “guy on the street” hypotheticals are always pointless, Kabong / Quickdraw is such a sneak here. He’s a character who is actually combat ready, is decidedly a pretty iconic character and if for nothing else is intrinsically tied to one of the most iconic cartoon sfx of all time. I think he would be a very good addition, but at the rate things are going we’d be lucky to get even Yogi.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Honestly, MVS has way too many problems in other areas to get hung up on the roster.

When Nubia drops, we'll have two "C-Listers" in a roster of 31. Really not that different from Smash in that regard if you want to compare it to Melee or Brawl. The release order is all over the place and Scooby remains one of the more glaring omissions. I can agree there, but otherwise, the roster is serviceable.

I also think they should've held off on going live until they had a more stable base spread (and a better product in general,) but it is what is.

So far, the roster selection seems pretty reasonable. A single instance of roster padding says nothing about how future selections will go. Especially with the characters that we already know are coming thanks to leaks, it's really not something to be worried about imo.

On the flip side, given just how much WB owns, and how much ground there is to cover even from what's already being pulled from, I see little reason for PFG to add any really out there choices outside of more fringe cases like BG or the occasional intentional curveball like PP in Smash if they happened to be particularly inspired with a potential concept. Either way it's perfectly fine in moderation.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That surprises me considering how often you dump on other things you hate
I think you're vastly overestimating this. I don't do this that frequently, man

You could say this about almost any Cartoon Network character that isn't called the Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, or Finn the Human. Not saying CN and its IPs aren't influential or popular, that'd be a blatant lie, but it's never really been bothered with keeping alive classic characters until the recent IP boom so only really people who were either kids or parents at the time an individual show aired would know most CN series outside of animation die hards (who would also know the HB characters). I think that's more just a case of how TV cartoon characters, and TV in general, works, they've always had a bit of an expiry date compared to theatrical and comic characters, since episodic TV shows that were made to be watched in random order are harder to pick up and just watch years after they're off the air without being part of a schedule or routine, it says nothing about the quality of the shows one way or another, when I was in my Rocko hyperfixation I had to grapple with RML being a piece of "lapsed nostalgia" so to speak, or at least bordering into that zone - nobody talks about it online outside of "Oh baby oh baby oh baby", and nostalgia merch from Nick is drying up - that status will come for every cartoon on TV some day, and that's OK, because the shows themselves and their documented history won't disappear.

I really don't want to single you out, I know how that feels and it sucks, but you seem really adamant that "objective quality" exists and that someone liking something you don't, or even just dis/liking something you also do slightly more/less, is some ridiculous hypothetical scenario. Especially considering that the 90s/2000s CN shows that make up such a big part of MVS' hype have a distinctive house-style born from love and nostalgia for HB.
I disagree with your comparison to Rocko - I watched the same amount of classic Nick, Disney, and CN as a kid and the shows from those networks always stuck out more. The Flintstones, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry all have remained in the public conscious because they are funny and/or well written. I watched the other cartoons growing up - they're derivative and not as snappily written because of HB's well known practice of consistently rushing out cartoons because they were trying to compete with the other animation juggernauts by replicating the success of their own products. Scooby-Doo wasn't successful because of the talking dog - it had a dynamic cast of personalities and a distincly macabre atmosphere that made it different from other cartoons. The Flintstones was so snappily written because it was designed as a Prime Time sitcom the whole family could enjoy, they needed to be relatable and fun.

You and I have had this song and dance about objective quality before - I know I'm not going to change your mind - but it absolutely does exist. Objectively Scooby and the Flintstones are better made cartoons because they weren't made with the intention of just spitting out leftovers and cheap animation on a plate - they actually gave a damn about making them entertaining, which most of these other cartoons they just didnt and it really shows.

I'm not saying that people can't like them - to each their own - but I do think people shouldn't consider them as realistic options for this game because they just aren't going to get people talking. In a live service game that really does matter. PTE could be weird with it's choices like Toiletnator and Captain Planet because it was a full priced release that didn't need to keep people engaged.

Let me reiterate: If you like these cartoons for any reason, I am glad you find enjoyment in them. But I had my fill of them and their objectively lower quality animation and less timeless humor as a kid, with the exceptions of Scooby, the Flintstones... maybe Yogi, though he was always my least favorite of the three. And to be frank... a lot of them haven't aged well.

Hell, as a kid, when I was watching Boomerang, I dreamed of a crossover starring HB's characters - but this game isn't just HB. It's all of WB. With a net that wide, you can't really prioritize Atom Ant over Freddy Krueger, Ben 10, the Justice League, freaking Daffy Duck, etc.

Aside from the fact that this is a kind of bad faith argument, these “guy on the street” hypotheticals are always pointless, Kabong / Quickdraw is such a sneak here. He’s a character who is actually combat ready, is decidedly a pretty iconic character and if for nothing else is intrinsically tied to one of the most iconic cartoon sfx of all time. I think he would be a very good addition, but at the rate things are going we’d be lucky to get even Yogi.
He was just a name I thought of, but note that I absolutely in a later post pointed out I actually want to see him in the game. The crux of my point is that you can't afford to take these risks on Live Service if you're not Fortnite. You can't charge people $10 bucks a pop and expect them to be hype for characters they don't know. I for one won't be spending 6K of Fighter Currency on Nubia because I don't care about her. I can wait til she goes down to 3K for my complete roster. I didn't spend on Lebron or Black Adam, either.

I want to see this game succeed and have a long life - but they gotta cover the important bases before they start digging. I've said this from the beginning. They've been slowly getting better with the roster - Jason, Beetlejuice, PPG, Jack, and Smith all gave me something I wanted - but frankly... a lot of these should've been higher priority, way earlier.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I want to see this game succeed and have a long life - but they gotta cover the important bases before they start digging. I've said this from the beginning. They've been slowly getting better with the roster - Jason, Beetlejuice, PPG, Jack, and Smith all gave me something I wanted - but frankly... a lot of these should've been higher priority, way earlier.
On the contrary, if they want this game to survive long term, they should really be spreading out the big names. If they get all the iconic everybody-knows-em characters out of the way too fast and then be forced to dig for leftovers in the remainder, that would kill the game quicker than one A-lister and one smaller character every season.

I actually like the idea of putting characters like Nubia as a side dish with big in-your-face famous characters like The Powerpuff Girls because it's basically allowing them to slip in a "didn't know I wanted it" character alongside the one everyone's going to be focusing on, AND because it means they aren't running out of Steve in Smash level picks too quickly.

Like I want Daffy now, he's in my top three, hell, top two now that the PPG are accounted for, but if the game's survival hangs on waiting a while for him, so be it.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think one thing nobody evers considers is how much Suicide Squad KTJL just screwed up the WB gaming division. Not only it undeperformed horribly, it being delayed also affected the rushed release of MK1 even if nothing has been confirmed yet.

And i even think it screwed over MVS because the game has signs that it was meant to be done much earlier but maybe the "delay" was less on SS and more on the gargantuan task of changing engines

In any case, it seems for the most part that MVS has been pretty succesful for wb since they went and acquired PFG, even if MVS reputation tanked considerably

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I think you're vastly overestimating this. I don't do this that frequently, man

I disagree with your comparison to Rocko - I watched the same amount of classic Nick, Disney, and CN as a kid and the shows from those networks always stuck out more. The Flintstones, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry all have remained in the public conscious because they are funny and/or well written. I watched the other cartoons growing up - they're derivative and not as snappily written because of HB's well known practice of consistently rushing out cartoons because they were trying to compete with the other animation juggernauts by replicating the success of their own products. Scooby-Doo wasn't successful because of the talking dog - it had a dynamic cast of personalities and a distincly macabre atmosphere that made it different from other cartoons. The Flintstones was so snappily written because it was designed as a Prime Time sitcom the whole family could enjoy, they needed to be relatable and fun.

You and I have had this song and dance about objective quality before - I know I'm not going to change your mind - but it absolutely does exist. Objectively Scooby and the Flintstones are better made cartoons because they weren't made with the intention of just spitting out leftovers and cheap animation on a plate - they actually gave a damn about making them entertaining, which most of these other cartoons they just didnt and it really shows.

I'm not saying that people can't like them - to each their own - but I do think people shouldn't consider them as realistic options for this game because they just aren't going to get people talking. In a live service game that really does matter. PTE could be weird with it's choices like Toiletnator and Captain Planet because it was a full priced release that didn't need to keep people engaged.

Let me reiterate: If you like these cartoons for any reason, I am glad you find enjoyment in them. But I had my fill of them and their objectively lower quality animation and less timeless humor as a kid, with the exceptions of Scooby, the Flintstones... maybe Yogi, though he was always my least favorite of the three. And to be frank... a lot of them haven't aged well.

Hell, as a kid, when I was watching Boomerang, I dreamed of a crossover starring HB's characters - but this game isn't just HB. It's all of WB. With a net that wide, you can't really prioritize Atom Ant over Freddy Krueger, Ben 10, the Justice League, freaking Daffy Duck, etc.

He was just a name I thought of, but note that I absolutely in a later post pointed out I actually want to see him in the game. The crux of my point is that you can't afford to take these risks on Live Service if you're not Fortnite. You can't charge people $10 bucks a pop and expect them to be hype for characters they don't know. I for one won't be spending 6K of Fighter Currency on Nubia because I don't care about her. I can wait til she goes down to 3K for my complete roster. I didn't spend on Lebron or Black Adam, either.

You keep bringing up priorities, and for the last time I don't think anyone is saying "add Atom Ant before Scooby-Doo". I don't care if it takes until season 5 or until season 37, I want Atom Ant at some point.

You've gotta admit there's gotta be some point in an optimistic timeline for the game where's there's room to squeeze in an Atom Ant as a season's secondary character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You want to know what I want?

Where’s the Rift intros at?

You got great ones in Season 1, but nooooooo, we ain’t got nothing for Jack or Beetlejuice. Nothing for the start of this season either. Did they just decide that it wasn’t the worth the budget? Are animators for this game on strike? I just wanna know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So because I had some time to kill, for the fun of it, I ordered that twitter poll in "Want %" order. I bolded all non-WB characters. Additional notes at the end to catch any questions lol. I also bolded AND italicized Big Chungus, so we can use the Big Chungus Threshold™ to determine how dire things really are lmao.

Powerpuff Girls - 92.3%
Raven - 89.7%
Ben Tennyson - 89.5%
Scooby-Doo - 87.6%
Daffy Duck - 87%
Mordecai - 86.6%
Johnny Bravo - 86%
Rigby - 84.9%
Grim - 84.8%
Marceline - 83%
Courage - 83%
Robin - 82.2%
Dexter - 82.1%
Gumball - 81.5%
The Mask - 81.5%
Ice King - 81.3%
Godzilla - 81.1%
Beast Boy - 81%
Scorpion - 80.6%
The Animaniacs - 80.3%
Popeye - 79.5%
Fred Flintstone - 78.6%
Gandalf - 78.2%
Wile E. Coyote - 77.9%
Bender - 77.8%
Starfire - 77.3%
Kong - 76.5%
The Flash - 76%
Neo - 75.9%
Walter White - 75.7%
Ed Edd n Eddy - 74.8%
Cyborg - 72.9%
Subzero - 72.5%
Freddy Krueger - 72.3%
The Terminator - 72.3%
Xenomorph - 70.6%
Emmet Brickowski - 70.3%
Green Lantern - 70%
Homer Simpson - 68.9%
Kids Next Door (in general) - 68.9%
Pennywise - 68.8%
Optimus Prime - 67.9%
Invincible - 67.4%
Darwin - 67.3%
Goku - 67%
Predator - 66.8%
Peter Griffin - 65.8%
Mojo Jojo - 65.8%
Omni-Man - 65.4%
Poison Ivy - 65.3%
Spawn - 65.3%
Spider-Man (Peter Parker) - 64.8%
Muscle Man and High Five Ghost - 64.7%
Harry Potter - 64.3%
Deadpool - 64%
Darkseid - 63.6%
Darth Vader - 63.4%
Billy and Mandy - 63.2%
Deathstroke - 63.2%
Wicked Witch of the West - 62%
Philip J. Fry - 61.6%
Master Chief - 61.6%
Player First Guy - 61.5%
Ghostbusters - 61.5%
RoboCop - 61.4%
Sonic the Hedgehog - 61.3%
The Grinch - 61.3%
TMNT - 61.2%
Static - 60.8%
Nicole Watterson - 60.5%
Michael Myers - 60.5%
Nightwing - 60.4%
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - 60.3%
Kermit the Frog - 59.9%
Bane - 59.6%
Fionna - 59.2%
Hellboy - 58.9%
Charlie - 58.8%
Lola Bunny - 58.7%
Venom - 58.7%
Ghostface - 58.6%
Doom Slayer - 58.6%
Willy Wonka - 58.1%
Catwoman - 57.7%
Yogi Bear - 57.6%
Spinel - 57.6%
Wolverine - 57.5%
Blue Beetle - 57.4%
Kratos - 57.2%
Chowder - 56.7%
Aquaman - 56.7%
Batman Beyond - 56.7%
The Lich - 56.5%
Crash Bandicoot - 56.5%
Spy vs Spy - 56.3%
Freddy Fazbear - 56.3%
Mac and Bloo - 56.1%
Audrey II - 56.1%
Homelander - 56.1%
Chucky - 55.9%
Skips - 55.6%
Bill Cipher - 55.5%
Lex Luthor - 55.4%
Riley Freeman - 55.3%
Barbie - 55.1%
Jotaro Kujo - 55%
SpongeBob SquarePants - 54.8%
Luke Skywalker - 54.8%
Maxwell - 54.5%
Space Ghost - 54.4%
Benson - 54.3%
Amethyst - 54.3%
Johnny Test - 54%
Spider-Man (Miles Morales) - 54%
Pim - 53.6%
We Bare Bears Trio - 53.6%
Rambo - 53.1%
Peacemaker - 52.9%
Doctor Doom - 52.8%
Zatanna - 52.7%
"Richard" Dastardly - 52.5%
KO - 52.5%
The Cat in the Hat - 52.3%
Scarecrow (DC) - 52.1%
Shazam - 52.1%
Huey Freeman - 52%
Aang - 52%
Shredder - 52%
Princess Bubblegum - 51.6%
A Ninjago character - 51.3%
Danny Phantom - 51.3%
Iron Man - 50.9%
Luffy - 50.9%
Eric Cartman - 50.9%
Pearl - 50.7%
Ghost Rider - 50.7%
Ash Williams - 50.7%
Pinky and the Brain - 50.6%
Road Runner - 50.5%
Gwen Tennyson - 50.5%
Garfield - 50.5%
Captain Jack Sparrow - 50.5%
Ruby Rose - 50.2%
Leela - 50.2%
Steamboat Willie - 50.1%
Martian Manhunter - 50%
Ash Ketchum and Pikachu - 49.9%
Vilgax - 49.6%
Lego Batman - 49.1%
Kool-Aid Man - 49.1%
The Hulk - 48.9%
Chris McLean - 48.7%
Red Hood - 48.4%
Fred Jones - 48.2%
Captain Planet - 48%
Raiden - 48%
Dipper Pines - 48%
Mr. Bean - 47.9%
Caesar (Planet of the Apes) - 47.5%
Dio Brando - 47.5%
Grunkle Stan - 47.5%
Spear and Fang - 47.4%
Supergirl - 47.3%
Freakazoid - 47.3%
Generator Rex - 46.9%
Kevin Levin - 46.8%
Robot Chicken - 46.7%
Yosemite Sam - 46.5%
Naruto - 46.3%
Stan Smith - 46.1%
Daphne Blake - 46%
Mr. Freeze - 45.8%
Roger Rabbit - 45.7%
Flame Princess - 45.6%
Captain America - 45.6%
Springtrap - 45.6%
Lapis - 45.2%
Thanos - 45.2%
Hank Hill - 45.1%
Sylvester and Tweety - 45%
Doctor Fate - 44.9%
Osmosis Jones - 44.9%
StayPuft - 44.9%
Pops - 44.7%
Dr. Eggman - 44.6%
Lobo - 44.1%
Elmo - 44.1%
Spike - 44%
Batgirl - 43.9%
Kenny McCormick - 43.8%
Gwimbly - 43.6%
Black Panther - 43.6%
Green Arrow - 43.4%
HIM - 42.9%
Doctor Strange - 42.9%
Jenny Wakeman - 42.8%
Magneto - 42.8%
The Smurfs - 42.6%
Brock Samson - 42.4%
Captain K'Nuckles - 42.4%
Thor - 42.2%
Jonesy - 42.2%
Mr. Boss - 42%
Sheldon Cooper - 41.9%
Mao Mao - 41.5%
Flapjack - 41.3%
Boba Fett - 41.3%
Pibby - 41.2%
Leatherface - 41.2%
Pickle Rick - 41.1%
Cyclops - 41.1%
Richard Watterson - 40.7%
Mabel Pines - 40.6%
George Jetson - 40.4%
Eleven - 40.3%
Starroette - 39.7%
Future Steven - 39.3%
Black Manta - 39.1%
Conker - 39%
Rocket Raccoon - 38.8%
Foghorn Leghorn - 38.7%
Harvey Birdman - 38.5%
Peridot - 38.2%
Groot - 37.9%
Zoidberg - 37.7%
Doomsday - 37.5%
Patrick Bateman - 37%
Grunkle Ford - 37%
Black Hat - 36.6%
Father - 36.4%
Craig - 36.3%
Gunter - 36%
Deku - 35.9%
Red (Angry Birds) - 35.9%
Alan - 35.7%
Ninja OC - 35.7%
Unikitty - 35.3%
Hawkgirl - 35%
Porky Pig - 34.4%
Mr. Frog - 33.9%
Monkey - 33.8%
Booster Gold - 33.8%
Big Chungus - 33%
Red Guy, Yellow Guy, and Duck - 33%
Dee Dee - 32.7%
Conan the Barbarian - 32.7%
Captain Caveman - 32.6%
Deadshot - 32.2%
Ultron - 32.1%
Robot Boy - 31.6%
Steve Urkel - 31.5%
Brute OC - 31.4%
Kyle Broflovski - 31.4%
Pinhead - 31.1%
Alf - 30.9%
Felix the Cat - 30.9%
Stan Marsh - 30.8%
Muttley - 30.3%
Lemongrab - 30.3%
Silver Surfer - 30.3%
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 30.3%
Rainbow Dash - 30.3%
Elmer Fudd - 30%
Scrappy-Doo - 30%
Connie - 29.8%
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - 29.7%
Wilt - 29.5%
Juggernaut - 29.4%
Twilight Sparkle - 29.2%
Barney Rubble - 28.7%
Jack Torrance - 28.7%
Yang Xiao Long - 28.4%
Jasper - 28.3%
Brak - 28.2%
Snow Miser and Heat Miser - 27.9%
Alfred E. Neuman - 27.8%
Bendy/Ink Demon - 27.8%
T-1000 - 27.5%
Rex OC - 27.3%
Glamrock Freddy and Gregory - 27.3%
Eduardo - 27%
Art the Clown - 27%
Sinestro - 26.7%
Rob (Gumball) - 26.6%
Pinkie Pie - 26.1%
Nubia - 25.5%
Ted Lasso - 25.4%
The Banana Splits - 25.1%
Chase McCain - 25.1%
Anais Watterson - 25%
Huckleberry Hound - 24.8%
Zorak - 24.8%
Lego Monkie Kid - 24.8%
Penny (Gumball) - 24.5%
Cable - 24.3%
Jabberjaw - 24.1%
The Puppet (FNAF) - 24.1%
Sandor Clegane - 24%
Carrie (Gumball) - 23.7%
Annoying Orange - 23.7%
A different Platform Fighter character - 23.7%
Granny - 23.5%
Mandark - 23.5%
Zod - 23.5%
Pomni - 23.5%
The Diamonds - 22.9%
Alastor (Helluva Boss) - 22.8%
Larry (Gumball) - 22.5%
Bismuth - 22.4%
Luz Noceda - 22.3%
Weiss Schnee - 22.1%
Blitzo (Helluva Boss) - 22.1%
Major Glory - 21.6%
Nick Fury - 21.6%
Lord Vortech - 21.4%
Rumble McSkirmish - 21.1%
Mr. Meeseeks - 21%
Blake Belladonna - 20.8%
Boo Boo - 20.6%
Rosie the Robot - 20.6%
Butch (Tom and Jerry) - 20.1%
Gossamer - 19.9%
Coco - 19.9%
Anne Bunnchuy - 19.9%
Caine (The Amazing Digital Circus) - 19.7%
Hawkeye - 19.6%
Mr. Pickles - 19.5%
Quick Draw McGraw - 19%
Snagglepuss - 18.8%
Thomas/Nikolai - 18.1%
Banana Joe - 17.6%
Dan Backslide - 17.4%
Laval (Chima) - 16.8%
Captain Carrot - 16.7%
Birdgirl - 16.1%
Slapstick - 16.1%
Magilla Gorilla - 15.9%
Uzi (Murder Drones) - 15.6%
Jax - 14.3%
V (Murder Drones) - 14%
Wally Gator - 13.6%
Bun Bun/The Darkness - 13.5%
Adam (Helluva Boss) - 13.4%
Khyber - 13.2%
N (Murder Drones) - 13.2%
Cragger (Chima) - 13%
Mr. Herriman - 11.6%
The Tall Man - 11.2%
Forest Demon - 10%
Queen Watevra Wa'nabi - 7.7%
Mr. Ross - 6.9%
Wally (Foster's) - 4.4%

Notes:
- For KND, 86.1% of Yes voters said Yes for Numbuh 1, 49.2% for Numbuh 5, 44.8% for Numbuh 3, 42.9% for Numbuh 4, and 33.2% for Numbuh 2.

- For the Diamonds, 55.3% of Yes voters said Yes for Blue Diamond, 52.6% for White Diamond, 49.3% for Pink Diamond/Rose, and 47.9% for Yellow Diamond.

- While The Mask has two movies distributed by New Line and Spawn has one, I opted not to include the characters among the ranks of WB characters due to the IPs being owned by Dark Horse Comics and Image Comics, respectively, which could be seen as competitors to DC Comics. Your mileage may vary on this ruling.

- While Legendary Pictures exited its deal with Warner Bros, the Monsterverse and Dune IPs are still tied to the WB. Due to these links, characters from these IP, including the Toho-owned Godzilla, are included among WB's roster. Your mileage may vary on this ruling. Of note, no Dune characters were even included, so RIP.

- The RWBY cast WAS owned by WB, but was sold to Viz Media after the dissolution of Rooster Teeth. However, due to datamined evidence that Ruby was worked on prior to the RT shutdown, the RWBY cast is listed as WB owned for the purposes of this list. Your mileage may vary on this ruling.

- Characters from The Lego Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie, as well as the games Lego City Undercover and Lego Dimensions, are listed under WB due to either WB Animation or WB Games being directly involved. Lego Chima and Lego Monkie Kid do not have direct WB involvement, and as such are listed as third party.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
On the contrary, if they want this game to survive long term, they should really be spreading out the big names. If they get all the iconic everybody-knows-em characters out of the way too fast and then be forced to dig for leftovers in the remainder, that would kill the game quicker than one A-lister and one smaller character every season.

I actually like the idea of putting characters like Nubia as a side dish with big in-your-face famous characters like The Powerpuff Girls because it's basically allowing them to slip in a "didn't know I wanted it" character alongside the one everyone's going to be focusing on, AND because it means they aren't running out of Steve in Smash level picks too quickly.

Like I want Daffy now, he's in my top three, hell, top two now that the PPG are accounted for, but if the game's survival hangs on waiting a while for him, so be it.
Let's be real here, they'll announce end of service long before they run out of "big names." They own too much for that to happen. If anything, you could support the game for years to come on CN or DC alone.

Otherwise I do agree with the sentiment though. I'm perfectly okay with squeezing some of the smaller names in between the major crowd pleasers. Having a more niche pick for every 2-3 safer choices is fine imo.

So because I had some time to kill, for the fun of it, I ordered that twitter poll in "Want %" order. I bolded all non-WB characters. Additional notes at the end to catch any questions lol. I also bolded AND italicized Big Chungus, so we can use the Big Chungus Threshold™ to determine how dire things really are lmao.

Powerpuff Girls - 92.3%
Raven - 89.7%
Ben Tennyson - 89.5%
Scooby-Doo - 87.6%
Daffy Duck - 87%
Mordecai - 86.6%
Johnny Bravo - 86%
Rigby - 84.9%
Grim - 84.8%
Marceline - 83%
Courage - 83%
Robin - 82.2%
Dexter - 82.1%
Gumball - 81.5%
The Mask - 81.5%
Ice King - 81.3%
Godzilla - 81.1%
Beast Boy - 81%
Scorpion - 80.6%
The Animaniacs - 80.3%
Popeye - 79.5%
Fred Flintstone - 78.6%
Gandalf - 78.2%
Wile E. Coyote - 77.9%
Bender - 77.8%
Starfire - 77.3%
Kong - 76.5%
The Flash - 76%
Neo - 75.9%
Walter White - 75.7%
Ed Edd n Eddy - 74.8%
Cyborg - 72.9%
Subzero - 72.5%
Freddy Krueger - 72.3%
The Terminator - 72.3%
Xenomorph - 70.6%

Emmet Brickowski - 70.3%
Green Lantern - 70%
Homer Simpson - 68.9%
Kids Next Door (in general) - 68.9%
Pennywise - 68.8%
Optimus Prime - 67.9%
Invincible - 67.4%

Darwin - 67.3%
Goku - 67%
Predator - 66.8%
Peter Griffin - 65.8%

Mojo Jojo - 65.8%
Omni-Man - 65.4%
Poison Ivy - 65.3%
Spawn - 65.3%
Spider-Man (Peter Parker) - 64.8%

Muscle Man and High Five Ghost - 64.7%
Harry Potter - 64.3%
Deadpool - 64%
Darkseid - 63.6%
Darth Vader - 63.4%
Billy and Mandy - 63.2%
Deathstroke - 63.2%
Wicked Witch of the West - 62%
Philip J. Fry - 61.6%
Master Chief - 61.6%

Player First Guy - 61.5%
Ghostbusters - 61.5%
RoboCop - 61.4%
Sonic the Hedgehog - 61.3%
The Grinch - 61.3%
TMNT - 61.2%

Static - 60.8%
Nicole Watterson - 60.5%
Michael Myers - 60.5%
Nightwing - 60.4%
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - 60.3%
Kermit the Frog - 59.9%
Bane - 59.6%
Fionna - 59.2%
Hellboy - 58.9%
Charlie - 58.8%
Lola Bunny - 58.7%
Venom - 58.7%
Ghostface - 58.6%
Doom Slayer - 58.6%

Willy Wonka - 58.1%
Catwoman - 57.7%
Yogi Bear - 57.6%
Spinel - 57.6%
Wolverine - 57.5%
Blue Beetle - 57.4%
Kratos - 57.2%
Chowder - 56.7%
Aquaman - 56.7%
Batman Beyond - 56.7%
The Lich - 56.5%
Crash Bandicoot - 56.5%
Spy vs Spy - 56.3%
Freddy Fazbear - 56.3%
Mac and Bloo - 56.1%
Audrey II - 56.1%
Homelander - 56.1%
Chucky - 55.9%

Skips - 55.6%
Bill Cipher - 55.5%
Lex Luthor - 55.4%
Riley Freeman - 55.3%
Barbie - 55.1%
Jotaro Kujo - 55%
SpongeBob SquarePants - 54.8%
Luke Skywalker - 54.8%

Maxwell - 54.5%
Space Ghost - 54.4%
Benson - 54.3%
Amethyst - 54.3%
Johnny Test - 54%
Spider-Man (Miles Morales) - 54%

Pim - 53.6%
We Bare Bears Trio - 53.6%
Rambo - 53.1%
Peacemaker - 52.9%
Doctor Doom - 52.8%
Zatanna - 52.7%
"Richard" Dastardly - 52.5%
KO - 52.5%
The Cat in the Hat - 52.3%
Scarecrow (DC) - 52.1%
Shazam - 52.1%
Huey Freeman - 52%
Aang - 52%
Shredder - 52%

Princess Bubblegum - 51.6%
A Ninjago character - 51.3%
Danny Phantom - 51.3%
Iron Man - 50.9%
Luffy - 50.9%
Eric Cartman - 50.9%

Pearl - 50.7%
Ghost Rider - 50.7%
Ash Williams - 50.7%

Pinky and the Brain - 50.6%
Road Runner - 50.5%
Gwen Tennyson - 50.5%
Garfield - 50.5%
Captain Jack Sparrow - 50.5%

Ruby Rose - 50.2%
Leela - 50.2%
Steamboat Willie - 50.1%

Martian Manhunter - 50%
Ash Ketchum and Pikachu - 49.9%
Vilgax - 49.6%
Lego Batman - 49.1%
Kool-Aid Man - 49.1%
The Hulk - 48.9%
Chris McLean - 48.7%

Red Hood - 48.4%
Fred Jones - 48.2%
Captain Planet - 48%
Raiden - 48%
Dipper Pines - 48%
Mr. Bean - 47.9%
Caesar (Planet of the Apes) - 47.5%
Dio Brando - 47.5%
Grunkle Stan - 47.5%

Spear and Fang - 47.4%
Supergirl - 47.3%
Freakazoid - 47.3%
Generator Rex - 46.9%
Kevin Levin - 46.8%
Robot Chicken - 46.7%
Yosemite Sam - 46.5%
Naruto - 46.3%
Stan Smith - 46.1%

Daphne Blake - 46%
Mr. Freeze - 45.8%
Roger Rabbit - 45.7%
Flame Princess - 45.6%
Captain America - 45.6%
Springtrap - 45.6%

Lapis - 45.2%
Thanos - 45.2%
Hank Hill - 45.1%

Sylvester and Tweety - 45%
Doctor Fate - 44.9%
Osmosis Jones - 44.9%
StayPuft - 44.9%
Pops - 44.7%
Dr. Eggman - 44.6%
Lobo - 44.1%
Elmo - 44.1%
Spike - 44%
Batgirl - 43.9%
Kenny McCormick - 43.8%
Gwimbly - 43.6%
Black Panther - 43.6%
Green Arrow - 43.4%
HIM - 42.9%
Doctor Strange - 42.9%
Jenny Wakeman - 42.8%
Magneto - 42.8%
The Smurfs - 42.6%

Brock Samson - 42.4%
Captain K'Nuckles - 42.4%
Thor - 42.2%
Jonesy - 42.2%

Mr. Boss - 42%
Sheldon Cooper - 41.9%
Mao Mao - 41.5%
Flapjack - 41.3%
Boba Fett - 41.3%
Pibby - 41.2%
Leatherface - 41.2%
Pickle Rick - 41.1%
Cyclops - 41.1%
Richard Watterson - 40.7%
Mabel Pines - 40.6%
George Jetson - 40.4%
Eleven - 40.3%
Starroette - 39.7%
Future Steven - 39.3%
Black Manta - 39.1%
Conker - 39%
Rocket Raccoon - 38.8%

Foghorn Leghorn - 38.7%
Harvey Birdman - 38.5%
Peridot - 38.2%
Groot - 37.9%
Zoidberg - 37.7%

Doomsday - 37.5%
Patrick Bateman - 37%
Grunkle Ford - 37%

Black Hat - 36.6%
Father - 36.4%
Craig - 36.3%
Gunter - 36%
Deku - 35.9%
Red (Angry Birds) - 35.9%

Alan - 35.7%
Ninja OC - 35.7%
Unikitty - 35.3%
Hawkgirl - 35%
Porky Pig - 34.4%
Mr. Frog - 33.9%
Monkey - 33.8%
Booster Gold - 33.8%
Big Chungus - 33%
Red Guy, Yellow Guy, and Duck - 33%

Dee Dee - 32.7%
Conan the Barbarian - 32.7%
Captain Caveman - 32.6%
Deadshot - 32.2%
Ultron - 32.1%
Robot Boy - 31.6%

Steve Urkel - 31.5%
Brute OC - 31.4%
Kyle Broflovski - 31.4%
Pinhead - 31.1%
Alf - 30.9%
Felix the Cat - 30.9%
Stan Marsh - 30.8%

Muttley - 30.3%
Lemongrab - 30.3%
Silver Surfer - 30.3%
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 30.3%
Rainbow Dash - 30.3%

Elmer Fudd - 30%
Scrappy-Doo - 30%
Connie - 29.8%
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - 29.7%
Wilt - 29.5%
Juggernaut - 29.4%
Twilight Sparkle - 29.2%

Barney Rubble - 28.7%
Jack Torrance - 28.7%
Yang Xiao Long - 28.4%
Jasper - 28.3%
Brak - 28.2%
Snow Miser and Heat Miser - 27.9%
Alfred E. Neuman - 27.8%
Bendy/Ink Demon - 27.8%
T-1000 - 27.5%

Rex OC - 27.3%
Glamrock Freddy and Gregory - 27.3%
Eduardo - 27%
Art the Clown - 27%
Sinestro - 26.7%
Rob (Gumball) - 26.6%
Pinkie Pie - 26.1%
Nubia - 25.5%
Ted Lasso - 25.4%
The Banana Splits - 25.1%
Chase McCain - 25.1%
Anais Watterson - 25%
Huckleberry Hound - 24.8%
Zorak - 24.8%
Lego Monkie Kid - 24.8%
Penny (Gumball) - 24.5%
Cable - 24.3%
Jabberjaw - 24.1%
The Puppet (FNAF) - 24.1%
Sandor Clegane - 24%
Carrie (Gumball) - 23.7%
Annoying Orange - 23.7%
A different Platform Fighter character - 23.7%

Granny - 23.5%
Mandark - 23.5%
Zod - 23.5%
Pomni - 23.5%
The Diamonds - 22.9%
Alastor (Helluva Boss) - 22.8%
Larry (Gumball) - 22.5%
Bismuth - 22.4%
Luz Noceda - 22.3%
Weiss Schnee - 22.1%
Blitzo (Helluva Boss) - 22.1%
Major Glory - 21.6%
Nick Fury - 21.6%
Lord Vortech - 21.4%
Rumble McSkirmish - 21.1%
Mr. Meeseeks - 21%
Blake Belladonna - 20.8%
Boo Boo - 20.6%
Rosie the Robot - 20.6%
Butch (Tom and Jerry) - 20.1%
Gossamer - 19.9%
Coco - 19.9%
Anne Bunnchuy - 19.9%
Caine (The Amazing Digital Circus) - 19.7%

Hawkeye - 19.6%
Mr. Pickles - 19.5%
Quick Draw McGraw - 19%
Snagglepuss - 18.8%
Thomas/Nikolai - 18.1%
Banana Joe - 17.6%
Dan Backslide - 17.4%
Laval (Chima) - 16.8%
Captain Carrot - 16.7%
Birdgirl - 16.1%
Slapstick - 16.1%
Magilla Gorilla - 15.9%
Uzi (Murder Drones) - 15.6%
Jax - 14.3%
V (Murder Drones) - 14%

Wally Gator - 13.6%
Bun Bun/The Darkness - 13.5%
Adam (Helluva Boss) - 13.4%
Khyber - 13.2%
N (Murder Drones) - 13.2%
Cragger (Chima) - 13%

Mr. Herriman - 11.6%
The Tall Man - 11.2%
Forest Demon - 10%
Queen Watevra Wa'nabi - 7.7%
Mr. Ross - 6.9%
Wally (Foster's) - 4.4%

Notes:
- For KND, 86.1% of Yes voters said Yes for Numbuh 1, 49.2% for Numbuh 5, 44.8% for Numbuh 3, 42.9% for Numbuh 4, and 33.2% for Numbuh 2.

- For the Diamonds, 55.3% of Yes voters said Yes for Blue Diamond, 52.6% for White Diamond, 49.3% for Pink Diamond/Rose, and 47.9% for Yellow Diamond.

- While The Mask has two movies distributed by New Line and Spawn has one, I opted not to include the characters among the ranks of WB characters due to the IPs being owned by Dark Horse Comics and Image Comics, respectively, which could be seen as competitors to DC Comics. Your mileage may vary on this ruling.

- While Legendary Pictures exited its deal with Warner Bros, the Monsterverse and Dune IPs are still tied to the WB. Due to these links, characters from these IP, including the Toho-owned Godzilla, are included among WB's roster. Your mileage may vary on this ruling. Of note, no Dune characters were even included, so RIP.

- The RWBY cast WAS owned by WB, but was sold to Viz Media after the dissolution of Rooster Teeth. However, due to datamined evidence that Ruby was worked on prior to the RT shutdown, the RWBY cast is listed as WB owned for the purposes of this list. Your mileage may vary on this ruling.

- Characters from The Lego Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie, as well as the games Lego City Undercover and Lego Dimensions, are listed under WB due to either WB Animation or WB Games being directly involved. Lego Chima and Lego Monkie Kid do not have direct WB involvement, and as such are listed as third party.
Is it supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing that Big Chungus has a low want rate in this poll?

Top Bottom