• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I don't think the number of Apples really means anything. There just happened to be two hosts

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here’s something that’s not a leak:

A new Playstation Plus pack. Featuring an emote where Shaggy eats a large sandwich and another Reindog meme emoticon.

Edit: The pack should be made available to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers in the future. The Reindog meme is “pop cat”.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
The names of rifts dont indicate what we could get next but worth mentioning the final rift is title "Halloween Megamix"

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Servers have returned.

…is what people on Discord on saying.

Meanwhile on my end:
“We’re Down for Maintenance”

Edit: While I’m here, there’s a new rarity type for cosmetics. This is for cosmetics that were only available in special promotions such as the EVO 2022 items and the Beta Founder’s Pack items.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Edit: While I’m here, there’s a new rarity type for cosmetics. This is for cosmetics that were only available in special promotions such as the EVO 2022 items and the Beta Founder’s Pack items.
I assume that's what the "Illusive" rarity is for then. At least that sounds better than a new Rarity over Legendary like Mythic and whatnot.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I assume that's what the "Illusive" rarity is for then. At least that sounds better than a new Rarity over Legendary like Mythic and whatnot.
Looking at my own cosmetics, I have the EVO 2022 cosmetics in there, along with the Gold conversion items, a gold PFG guy icon, and the Ranked Beta icon.

While I’m here, other notes:

Beetlejuice has a new Legendary emote. It’s him doing a dance under a sign.
Mojo Jojo has an announcer pack. No render though.
There is now a variant shop for all variants.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Good news! Apparently the devs took the hint and scrubbed everything from the files that is not current upcoming content. Meaning speculation can actually happen again!

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Good news! Apparently the devs took the hint and scrubbed everything from the files that is not current upcoming content. Meaning speculation can actually happen again!
actually there's still some stuff being brought up for the files though the images aren't available for a couple.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A bug was discovered where weekly missions aren’t showing. A hot fix will be applied. Note that the missions still exist internally and if you cleared any when the hotfix goes live it will count and you can get it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'ma be honest I think it's really stupid that they can't be bothered to make a Mojo or Dexter 2D art piece for when they talk in Rifts, or in Mojo's case, have a freaking announcer pack. It just feels lazy and unprofessional.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
i'm having trouble with the taz fight on experience mode, aswell as connecting my sony account to the multiversus website because it's ALREADY connected onto my brother's console Sigh

Edit at 9/18/24 at 9:12 AM: I found out that i didn't had the shard power-ups equipped and they helped me beat taz, but i'm still unable to connect my wb account to my ps5.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Man, the PPG take some getting used to. I've only played the rifts just yet but so far I'm not really meshing with them,

Why does this always happen with the characters I want the most? lol

Faso115

Smash Lord
Yep, PPG are a bit hard to figure out for me, i struggled in some rift fights, imagine online. Otherwise, great addition.

Rift event is probably THE easiest we've gotten so far, probably cause there's no strong reward like the last few but i'll take those fighter shards lol. There's also cosmetic items for a few PVP challenges, like getting a Buttercup profile pic if you do a bunch of special attacks.

So you get blossom with twitch drops and the challenge one is buttercup, where's bubbles? In the BP?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yep, PPG are a bit hard to figure out for me, i struggled in some rift fights, imagine online. Otherwise, great addition.

Rift event is probably THE easiest we've gotten so far, probably cause there's no strong reward like the last few but i'll take those fighter shards lol. There's also cosmetic items for a few PVP challenges, like getting a Buttercup profile pic if you do a bunch of special attacks.

So you get blossom with twitch drops and the challenge one is buttercup, where's bubbles? In the BP?
Bubbles is in a bundle with the Dynamo outfit, Gem XP, Mojo Jojo’s announcer pack, a Banner, and some Battle Pass tiers.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Bubbles is in a bundle in the shop.
Also the profile pics are regrettably in the 2016 style. We were so close.

I'm kind of getting the hang of them. If nothing else, them finally being here confirms that personally, every addition from here on out could be a Cartoon Network character and I would be absolutely okay with that. They got me hankering for more 90's CN. The genie is out of the bottle and I want more.

Faso115

Smash Lord
btw, apparently there's going to be a new way to unlock old fighters called Fighter Road though the data is small at the moment. Kinda huge if u ask me

osby

Smash Obsessed
If nothing else, them finally being here confirms that personally, every addition from here on out could be a Cartoon Network character and I would be absolutely okay with that.
Coldest Multiversus take ever.

Seriously though, I believe we'll keep seeing more CN characters because they're such a non-brainer way to please the fandom.

Hotter take. Every addition could be a DC character and I WILL be there gassing it up every single time. Season 3's skins continue to prove why DC needed a game like MVS, it's the only product that'll give higher quality skins and stuff from across the numerous comic series.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Coldest Multiversus take ever.

Seriously though, I believe we'll keep seeing more CN characters because they're such a non-brainer way to please the fandom.
You’d be surprised. In this very thread there were people condemning the idea of any more CN characters than the four (4) that were in the beta roster because they thought even one more would turn the game into “Punch Time Explosion 2”.

Faso115

Smash Lord
You’d be surprised. In this very thread there were people condemning the idea of any more CN characters than the four (4) that were in the beta roster because they thought even one more would turn the game into “Punch Time Explosion 2”.
Add the entire punch time explosion roster, i don't care, make it weird.

That way we can finally have the dream matchup of Banana Guard vs Toiletnator

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think a lot of that pushback was more so against the people who acted like CN characters (particularly 2010s ones in some cases, which at the time were the only ones even represented) were the only good additions.

To this day you still have a significant portion of the fandom acting like characters from The Matrix, Beetlejuice, The Wizard of Oz, and Gremlins shouldn't even be here, despite those movies being among the most iconic and influential films of all time. 😭

Faso115

Smash Lord
Oh the matrix should totally be here, it's just a strange start with Agent Smith but i don't think that means Neo is never happening.

Btw, the girl we saw in some covers turns out to be the daughter of Big Barda and Mister Miracle. Hmm, i wonder if she's an OC, would be really funny if she becomes a character

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Lord
I think a lot of that pushback was more so against the people who acted like CN characters (particularly 2010s ones in some cases, which at the time were the only ones even represented) were the only good additions.

To this day you still have a significant portion of the fandom acting like characters from The Matrix, Beetlejuice, The Wizard of Oz, and Gremlins shouldn't even be here, despite those movies being among the most iconic and influential films of all time. 😭
Thank God no one said that about Iron Giant, or I'd throw some hands.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

I posted about this on the main profile posts section when the video came out, but I had to do a double take when I watched Uncle Al's recent video and he referred to Beetlejuice in no uncertain terms as a "more obscure character" than Samurai Jack

I made a profile post a long while ago about how fans of all 3 of the "current-ish" crossover platform fighters are a bit ignorant about the 1980s and seem to think that extremely uniquitous pieces of 80s iconography - Rocksteady and April for NASB, Duck Hunt for Smash, Gizmo; Stripe; and Beetlejuice for MVS - are these "weird obscure deep cuts" and equivalent to the Ice Climbers or something - in some fringe cases I've seen Pac-Man and Jason referred to as "irrelevant", and the 80s TMNT being treated as "equal" or even "lesser" from a popularity/iconic perspective to later incarnations. I also see this happen a lot for the 90s in NASB circles, but not in Smash or the limited MVS discussion I'm exposed to.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I posted about this on the main profile posts section when the video came out, but I had to do a double take when I watched Uncle Al's recent video and he referred to Beetlejuice in no uncertain terms as a "more obscure character" than Samurai Jack

I made a profile post a long while ago about how fans of all 3 of the "current-ish" crossover platform fighters are a bit ignorant about the 1980s and seem to think that extremely uniquitous pieces of 80s iconography - Rocksteady and April for NASB, Duck Hunt for Smash, Gizmo; Stripe; and Beetlejuice for MVS - are these "weird obscure deep cuts" and equivalent to the Ice Climbers or something - in some fringe cases I've seen Pac-Man and Jason referred to as "irrelevant", and the 80s TMNT being treated as "equal" or even "lesser" from a popularity/iconic perspective to later incarnations. I also see this happen a lot for the 90s in NASB circles, but not in Smash or the limited MVS discussion I'm exposed to.
God...yeah, Beetlejuice is definitely a very obscure character. That's why literally everyone knows about the "say his name three times" schtick and why the sequel had WB's tenth highest grossing opening weekend (and their third highest grossing opening weekend that wasn't a DC or Potter film).

And like that's not to say Samurai Jack is irrelevant at all...honestly it has one of the stronger legacies of CN's output in my opinion. But to compare its relevance favorably to the movie that put Tim Burton on the map...

Oh the matrix should totally be here, it's just a strange start with Agent Smith but i don't think that means Neo is never happening.

Btw, the girl we saw in some covers turns out to be the daughter of Big Barda and Mister Miracle. Hmm, i wonder if she's an OC, would be really funny if she becomes a character
1052843-_______________________________avia3.jpg
Nah. She's an existing character in DC, this just seems to be a wildly different interpretation of Aiva than before, seemingly to slot her into a main role much easier. It's very interesting, I never saw Aiva being important or a valuable character to the plot... anywhere really. At least not from my vague comic book memory + DC wiki searching.

From what I see, she really didn't have much going on until this MVS comic reworked her for whatever reason.
MVS - CD Avia.png

Top Bottom