• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally I think Wicked Witch as the headliner and Marceline as the mid season makes a good amount of sense. As much as I love and want Marceline I dunno if she’s headliner material the same way characters like Joker/Jason, Samurai Jack and Powerpuff Girls are.
You know, I was skeptical about Wicked Witch being a Battlepass character since she doesn't really have a lot to offer as far as a costume at the end of the Battlepass...but then I realized just how funny it would be if she just has a Miss Gulch skin in all of her sepia-colored glory and now I need that to happen.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm legit interested in what skins the Wicked Witch will have. Cause since she's technically a public domain character and because she's public domain, she has many variations between different animations, live actions and whatnot, she could have access to all of her variations from the different Warner Bros IPs. She has DC Comics versions, including a version that fought against Shazam, she has the Tom & Jerry crossover cartoon version, she has a Supernatural TV series version and there was originally a Wizard of Oz cartoon on Boomerang before it ended and later got delisted. And that's not counting potential costumes based on other witches from the different series owned by Warner Bros, like the different Witches from Scooby-Doo.

Last edited:
Personally I think Wicked Witch as the headliner and Marceline as the mid season makes a good amount of sense. As much as I love and want Marceline I dunno if she’s headliner material the same way characters like Joker/Jason, Samurai Jack and Powerpuff Girls are.
...And Wicked Witch is? She's definitely not headliner material if Marcy isn't lmao, that's just a fact.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was about to say, earlier we were talking about how the Wicked Witch was being called a literal who by some people, so it's like, even though the Wicked Witch is overall known, I don't think she's going to give out as much attention as Marcy, Raven or Scooby Doo.

That being said, as I said recently, one of the things that can really sell her to people besides her moveset/gameplay/whatnot is her potential costumes. She has variations from other Warner series like DC Comics(with a version that fought against Shazam), Supernatural and Scooby-Doo(there was a Wizard of Oz-based episode) and there are tons of witches from the other Warner series she can get costumes or variants from.
She's one of the those characters where you look at her main appearances and may not see much(like Miss Gulch), but then you look at all the stuff around her, see the number of characters similar to her and that she herself is part of some of them because of her being public domain and then suddenly, she has some great potential with what they could do with her costumes and variants.

Last edited:
Dude, the Wicked Witch is from The Wizard of Oz. One of the most iconic movie villains from one of the most famous movies ever made?

That's like saying Darth Vader isn't a headliner in comparison to Daisy Duck.
The movie being iconic and loved doesn't mean the character is insanely beloved. Or rather, it doesn't mean that character is desired for a fighting game. Comparing her to Darth Vader is a really bad comparison since he's a massively beloved figure. He's Darth Vader! And he's pushed 10x more than the witch while Wicked Witch is more of a known but "ehh ok" type of character for many. I highly doubt Wicked Witch is going to sell battlepasses.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Really random question that has nothing to do with what we were talking about, but, if Emmet from the Lego movie got in Multiversus, would he have the human or non-human tag? He’s obviously a human by the standards of minifigure society, but the Lego movies also have actual (flesh) humans in them and he clearly isn’t one. The Circuit Drone skins indicate that synthetic human simulacra are considered non-human, and so, would minifigures count as that kind of thing?

Now that I think about it, it's actually insane that it took until Multiversus to have a well executed opportunity for these characters to be in a fighting game at all. Much less a game that's willing to cover the character's vast history. It's a massive testament to how mistreated WB's IPs are. Because what do you MEAN DC doesn't have a single good official fighting game of their characters in their prime like how Marvel does.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
why not give the witch an alt based on the illustrations from the book?
Honestly people don't give enough credit to the costume work on the movie version because like...when you consider that THIS is what she originally looked like, they had their work cut out for them.
wicked-witch.jpg

Faso115

Smash Lord
With the hints and teasers we got from the devs, how likely is it that Freddy Krueger could be one of the characters between Smith and MR. Meeseeks in the data? People would argue that releaseing Freddy around Season 5 or 6 would be weird and probably being saved for halloween next year but, why start teasing him now then?

I mean, weirder things have happened, developing new characters can be tough and thing can fall behind, which is why i think the Comic was intended to come out after Scooby and Witch were already in the game, but thing shifted around. My pet theory is that getting the green light on Jason and Matrix made it so the devs pushed some characters that fans would find meh for later, and work on the exciting ones we got for launch (And Banana Guard, no theory can ever explain his existence)

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Ahead of the balance patch that’ll be coming alongside the new season, I’ll suggest some buffs I’d like to see for Jake.

• Make grounded neutral attack disjointed. Its range is pretty short already, so I don’t think that’d be OP. Or alternatively, give it positive priority so it beats most other moves.
  • Make down tilt increase in range the more Jake charges it. If Garnet and PPG can have a move that goes a massive distance along the ground in both directions, so can Jake. I wonder if they’d make it hit inward like the aforementioned two characters‘ moves or if it’ll still launch away.
  • Do something about up air so you can actually kill with it at high percents. Maybe make it just a single attack that hits multiple times, or do the same thing they did to Nair 2 and have up air 2 be a special that boosts Jake upward, or maybe make it so you can do a dodge-cancel-up-air after up air 1 and have it still be up air 2 so you can follow the enemy’s DI.

So it doesn't count because you say so?

Look, its a mega popular IP. You can't just pretend it doesn't exist.
I actively said a GOOD official fighting game, I specified that distinction in my post. So yes, of course I'm not going to count Injustice when I think it's trash. Comparing Injustice to Marvel vs Capcom is a difference between night and day. Injustice just feels lazy and poorly put together, that franchise being the only rep DC has for any fighting game is just tragic.

Last edited:
Maybe his slot is because the Fionna and Cake series did so well that WB forced them to add an Adventure Time character at launch? In other words, something like Sonic in Brawl.
PFG actively confirmed Banana Guard was a passion project character so them being forced is just not true. Nothing more than the devs trying to be quirky and recycling assets since the BG used to be an NPC assist character in beta,

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I actively said a GOOD official fighting game, I specified that distinction in my post. So yes, of course I'm not going to count Injustice when I think it's trash. Comparing Injustice to Marvel vs Capcom is a difference between night and day. Injustice just feels lazy and poorly put together, that franchise being the only rep DC has for any fighting game is just tragic.
Also Injustice focuses a lot on versions of characters that are incredibly Inacurate and sometimes the exact oppsoite of how those characters should act:
Superman and wonder woman for example!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Also Injustice focuses a lot on versions of characters that are incredibly Inacurate and sometimes the exact oppsoite of how those characters should act:
Hey guys, hey guys, listen listen, I got an idea that's gonna blow your ****ing minds, alright? Shh, listen, okay, listen.

What if Superman...

...was evil?

Exactly. It's not representing the heroes at their prime or near their prime like Marvel Vs Capcom does. Instead lazily focused on "le evil Superman!" DC deserved a high quality fighting game for a while and it's insane that MVS is the first and only game to do it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
PFG actively confirmed Banana Guard was a passion project character so them being forced is just not true. Nothing more than the devs trying to be quirky and recycling assets since the BG used to be an NPC assist character in beta,
For a passion project he sure is the most boring platfighter character ever created

Faso115

Smash Lord
Exactly. It's not representing the heroes at their prime or near their prime like Marvel Vs Capcom does. Instead lazily focused on "le evil Superman!" DC deserved a high quality fighting game for a while and it's insane that MVS is the first and only game to do it.
Debatable. It's an elseworld story and injustice are decent games, not so much the story.

ALTHOUGH we can all agree the DC characters in Multiversus have MUUUUUUUUUUUCH better animation than in Injustice. My god is some of the some of movement in that game awkward

Debatable. It's an elseworld story and injustice are decent games, not so much the story.

ALTHOUGH we can all agree the DC characters in Multiversus have MUUUUUUUUUUUCH better animation than in Injustice. My god is some of the some of movement in that game awkward
I just don't like DC's one chance at a fighting game being centered around elseworld and not being more vast with something of DC's caliber.

ivanlerma

Smash Master

glad to see someone defend injustice for being different, even if it's influence is bad.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's important to note that the first Injustice avoided a lot of the things you all seem to be complaining about. It didn't star an evil version of Superman. It starred the regular good versions of the Justice League fighting against evil versions. The first game DID feature the DC heroes in their prime. It's the sequel that focused on the evil else world. Moreover, I don't think it's fair to blame Injustice for all of the evil Superman stories we've seen in media. When ideas get popular, people copy it. But we can't fault the trailblazers for the copycats.

I'm as sick of Evil Superman as the rest of you. The idea has run its course. But the original point was that there is a major DC fighting game franchise already. Personal taste wasn't a factor. I can think Injustice is one of the stiffest fighting games I've ever played, but I know a huge amount of people like it. We can't just dismiss it's existence because it doesn't suit our tastes.

Last edited:

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'm banking on Raven and Marceline being Battlepass characters, and Wicked Witch and Aquaman being mid-season characters. Marceline especially makes sense as one because she has several costumes that could work as the legendary battlepass skin.
Marshall Lee as the legendary battlepass skin

It's important to note that the first Injustice avoided a lot of the things you all seem to be complaining about. It didn't star an evil version of Superman. It starred the regular good versions of the Justice League fighting against evil versions. The first game DID feature the DC heroes in their prime. It's the sequel that focused on the evil else world. Moreover, I don't think it's fair to blame Injustice for all of the evil Superman stories we've seen in media. When ideas get popular, people copy it. But we can't fault the trailblazers for the copycats.

I'm as sick of Evil Superman as the rest of you. The idea has run its course. But the original point was that there is a major DC fighting game franchise already. Personal taste wasn't a factor. I can think Injustice is one of the stiffest fighting games I've ever played, but I know a huge amount of people like it. We can't just dismiss it's existence because it doesn't suit our tastes.
I sure can dismiss it lol, personal taste was a factor from the very beginning the entire original point was this: "Because what do you MEAN DC doesn't have a single good official fighting game of their characters in their prime like how Marvel does." In that quote you mentioned, I specifically said a good official fighting game.

Injustice is dogwater so my point still stands: there isn't a major DC fighting game franchise that's good. Reused MK engine, kinda ugly and clunky all over, just a western Kusoge with the entire vibe and gameplay style not fitting DC for me. Marvel Vs Capcom did its heroes so much better. DC deserved a game like that than a Mortal Kombat reskin.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Make your predictions, what is going to get datamined this tuesday? I think mostly events, they seem to have learned their lesson and scrubbing anything regarding future characters.

(Watch as the biggest datamine ever happens)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Make your predictions, what is going to get datamined this tuesday? I think mostly events, they seem to have learned their lesson and scrubbing anything regarding future characters.

I'm honestly more curious about voice line interactions.

While I understand some may have been mined, not all of them were from there, as Beetlejuice received several lines that were not mined back in the relaunch.

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice

Considerar what Candi Milo says before i think Dexter voicelines

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I could see Wicked witch model fully leaking considering what happened with Nubia and PPG and we pretty much know she must be in the next season. Maybe there will be a future stage music too because the Titans towers and Gremlins stages music leaked early.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
but then the battle pass will change and i won't be able to unlock jack's samurai armor.
I thought you were just making a joke about how MVS has never managed to get past Season 2 before (since it got stuck in Season 2 for ages back in beta.) I apologize.

Last edited:
Top Bottom