• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's Into the Verse time! This one will have a moveset breakdown for The Powerpuff Girls and a look into Season 3.

Details will be here, and this post will be edited throughout.

1. It’s confirmed: All three girls will be reprised by their original actresses.
2. The Rowdyruff Boys will be the Tier 70 Pass skin. Of course, they also have new voices and some emotes may be different when used by them.
3. For Training Mode, the combo counter is coming back! More things are being added/adjusted for Training.
4. One of The Powerpuff Girls signature perks lets you use dash attacks in the air. Also some moves allow for minor desynching (those who have played Ice Climbers in Smash should be familiar). When starting you play as Blossom in the lead. When K.O’d, you remain your chosen leader. Their other signature perk adds an element to each signature move (for example, Blossom’s Ice Breath now applies Ice)
5. New stage: Midnight Screening. It’s Asymmetrical. Features a pulley system (basically just the platforms in the middle of N64 Mushroom Kingdom) but only when stage hazards are on and when playing 2v2. Gremlins cheer everytime someone gets KO’d. Destroyed Townsville will come in the Mid Season and will be 1v1 exclusive. Poor Mayor.
6. Ranked changes: PPG will get Ranked skins. Those in Diamond or Master in the previous season will go straight to Silver 5. Those who defeat an opponent with a higher tier than you will get more RP. On the flipside, losing against a higher tier RP causes less RP loss. For newer players, they will not be paired with people further away from their rank for a few matches. Also applies to those who took a break from the game. In an upcoming patch there will be win streaks. Great for those who like to flex! Target MMR for Master rank will be raised. Those in Master 1 or higher will have an RP decay if not playing. Gotta actively defend your title.
7. Battle Pass. As mentioned, Tier 70 is the Rowdyruff Boys. Tier 1 is the PPG. Other skins in the pass include Rick Prime, Mystery Incorporated Velma, Training Garnet, Karate Tom & Jerry, Arry Arya (it’s a key point in Game of Thrones), Justice Lord Black Adam, and Quintessence Diana (a chainsaw in place of the sword!).
8. In the Prestige Shop, we are getting Death Metal Batman, Anti-Life Superman, The Rowdyruff Boys announcer pack, and more!
9. The Batman event will allow you to get currency for either new skins or the older Batman skins.
10. Rift time: The first rift will have a shoot em up style stage. Plus companion gems for the Girls themselves, they use their neutral special abilities (I wonder how it’ll work when playing as the PPG?).
11. Combat changes: Every character has been changed in some way. Air attacks now maintain momentum. Down airs now let you fall faster. Plus more combo opportunities. Batman has a new dash attack with the slide he can currently do now on Down attack (the old kick is now a double input). Batman’s neutral when Batarang is on cooldown is now a combo. For LeBron James, his no basketball down air now always spikes. Plus some of his moves are now faster. Future patches will have changes to dodging. Perks are being looked into.
12. They are looking into adding a unique queue for the minigames, rift mutators in custom games, and more.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They named that perk Rainbow Dash on purpose lmao
I’ve seen requests for MLP characters on various media sites (it helps that The Friendship is Magic version aired on Discovery Family when it was called “The Hub”) so this is probably gonna be something that fuels speculation for them.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
They named that perk Rainbow Dash on purpose lmao
I’ve seen requests for MLP characters on various media sites (it helps that The Friendship is Magic version aired on Discovery Family when it was called “The Hub”) so this is probably gonna be something that fuels speculation for them.
Fighting is Magic is back, bros.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh no… a salt ringout. I’ve had enough of the Salt emote!
😔 Like I get that Multiversus is supposed to be competitive, but geez, stuff like these feel like it gets encouraged a bit too much. Though it feels satisfying to pull a Reverse UNO on them.

That aside, really liking the Battlepass in general and there's a good amount of skins for characters I play. And this Season appears to have a lot of DC character costumes, between 2 DC Epic skins on the Battlepass, the new stuff in the Prestige store being pretty DC focused and we still have the Dr. Harleen Quinzel(or whatever it was called) skin coming eventually. Makes some sense with Nubia coming later.

That aside, where are the Shaggy skins? Aside from color/accessory variations, I don't think he's gotten a single new original skin since release. I think the only other character who hasn't gotten a new non-color/accessory skin since release is Iron Giant.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Fighting is Magic is back, bros.
I maintain that I don't think non-WB or directly WB-adjacent/former WB properties won't get in

But no lie a Hasbro platform fighter would actually slap. Transformers, MLP, D&D, Power Rangers, G.I. Joe, basically every major board game known to man, Magic the Gathering - it's got a ton of potential

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
😔 Like I get that Multiversus is supposed to be competitive, but geez, stuff like these feel like it gets encouraged a bit too much. Though it feels satisfying to pull a Reverse UNO on them.

That aside, really liking the Battlepass in general and there's a good amount of skins for characters I play. And this Season appears to have a lot of DC character costumes, between 2 DC Epic skins on the Battlepass, the new stuff in the Prestige store being pretty DC focused and we still have the Dr. Harleen Quinzel(or whatever it was called) skin coming eventually. Makes some sense with Nubia coming later.

That aside, where are the Shaggy skins? Aside from color/accessory variations, I don't think he's gotten a single new original skin since release. I think the only other character who hasn't gotten a new non-color/accessory skin since release is Iron Giant.
Shaggy has so much skin potential I need Shizzy McCreepy

Faso115

Smash Lord
Once again, their meme game is on point. But the prestige additions are kinda meh ngl.

Sweet BP tho, how does the PPG announced even work tho? Do they just say a line randomly?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I’ve been blocking people who use the salt emote regardless of if they were an enemy or a teammate, so, like, do I block everyone who uses the salt ringout? The ringout isn’t as personal TBF since it activates automatically, but still.

Not sure if you saw this or not since the announcers didn’t draw any attention to it, but during one of the training mode gameplay clips Shaggy has a Mystery Inc. skin like Velma’s.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Cool, i guess we know who Season 4 battlepass is going to be :v

Actually, imagine if they pull a fast one and we get this

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I haven't watched Adventure Time since I was like 13, so I could be wrong on this, but I absolutely remember that Marceline drinks the colour red instead of blood, and IIRC didn't she once drink the red off of an apple in an episode? Dunno if it was two apples, but still.

EDIT:

lmao they put in THAT tom and jerry reference
Screenshot 2024-09-16 195555.png

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I haven't watched Adventure Time since I was like 13, so I could be wrong on this, but I absolutely remember that Marceline drinks the colour red instead of blood, and IIRC didn't she once drink the red off of an apple in an episode? Dunno if it was two apples, but still.
yes

Ivander

Smash Legend
lmao they put in THAT tom and jerry reference
View attachment 394376
For those who are wondering, no it's not this super depressed Tom and Jerry meme.

It's the one meme where Tom points at Jerry with a sword, but Jerry chooses not to do anything and just sits there depressed and Tom becomes concerned for him.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also just remembered Apples could also fit the Wicked Witch of the West due to the scene in Oz where Dorothy and Scarecrow attempt to gather apples from the talking trees. Although it's not really a Wicked Witch reference so take it with some scrutiny.

Ivander

Smash Legend
They are obviously referring to Scooby-Doo with those two apples.

Heck, there's a Scooby-Doo episode where the gang has a scene of them bobbing for apples at a costume party and Shaggy is dressed as a vampire and uses his fake teeth to get an apple, before his fake teeth fall out and he has to chase the apple outside.

I swear, some of those hints just seem vague at times because it's like every hint they do, there are multiple upcoming character that have done something related or involved with the hint.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Regarding two apples

I reckon its a reference to both the witch and marceline, considering both have apple related scenes
Bro imagine them teasing Raven only to get shelved for Season 5

I mean PPG were teased for launch and they just arrived 2 seasons later so hey, hope ur ready for Raven for Season 6 :v

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Deeper look at the PPG's moves.

Remember when I said I was always frustrated with switching characters having one less move than the other characters? Thankfully here, the PPG's switching move doubles as an attack.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Bro imagine them teasing Raven only to get shelved for Season 5

I mean PPG were teased for launch and they just arrived 2 seasons later so hey, hope ur ready for Raven for Season 6 :v
A lot of characters were teased "for launch" but I don't think the intent was to ever release them all at once. It was more like getting a hint of the road map for the coming year or so

Faso115

Smash Lord
A lot of characters were teased "for launch" but I don't think the intent was to ever release them all at once. It was more like getting a hint of the road map for the coming year or so
Well current roadmap seems to be Aquaman, Marceline, Wicked Witch and Raven and four mysterious characters we don't know, plus Ruby Rose being in the code but her rights and potential inclusion are up in the air

For the mystery 4 we have 2 strong candidates being Scooby and Dexter. And then we also got hints for Freddy Krueger

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I thought you were just making a joke about how MVS has never managed to get past Season 2 before (since it got stuck in Season 2 for ages back in beta.) I apologize.
That's alright, i haven't continued progressing on the pass since i had left the game for a while until now.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Apparenly Batman who Laughs and related content will go away at the end of Season 3. Which is...a choice

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Apparenly Batman who Laughs and related content will go away at the end of Season 3. Which is...a choice
Gotta add more FOMO somehow, right? People who want those skins will be incentivized to buy other stuff to try and reach enough Prestige points before they get removed.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, I saw the image. I was kinda expecting it to happen at some point, hence after I got WW84, I started working on some of the Prestige stuff from Season 1 just in case, though I was expecting them to get the warning around Season 4 rather than Season 3. That said, I'm only missing the Garnet emote, the Announcer pack and Harley's skin, so I might be able to get them this Season before they disappear.

That said, still wish they would mention these things during the Stream instead of letting players find out last minute.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh that’s some bull*. What I liked about the Prestige Store was that it DIDNT do that kind of *. Real classy, but not at all unexpected.
I made a comment complaining about it on reddit and I swear to god these bootlickers will ****ing downvote anything

It's like they want to be PFG to screw them six ways from Sunday. God I hate the internet

But yeah **** this decision

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I made a comment complaining about it on reddit and I swear to god these bootlickers will ****ing downvote anything

It's like they want to be PFG to screw them six ways from Sunday. God I hate the internet

But yeah **** this decision
Lemme guess. "YOU HAD ALL THIS TIME WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE IT ALREADY LOL" or something right?

My guess is the stuff in the Prestige Store won't be rendered completely inaccessible, but will be made available for Gleamium. It sucks ass but they've been good about keeping these things available. To my knowledge, nothing has been completely taken away, like the Matrix skins or any limited time stuff from the Beta.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Lemme guess. "YOU HAD ALL THIS TIME WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE IT ALREADY LOL" or something right?

My guess is the stuff in the Prestige Store won't be rendered completely inaccessible, but will be made available for Gleamium. It sucks ass but they've been good about keeping these things available. To my knowledge, nothing has been completely taken away, like the Matrix skins or any limited time stuff from the Beta.
That or "well we're getting cool new stages and characters so you have no right to be upset" the same kind of white knighting bull**** people love to do to companies who see them as walking wallets all the time.

1:12:44 into the second Into the Verse stream they said that stuff will never leave the shop and that prestige currency will always be usable. They literally said this to our faces and are now pulling this ****. I'm saving this video because hoo boy when I do my MvS What Went Wrong Video I want this right here front and center

Faso115

Smash Lord
My current cope theory is that its a visual bug but i dont think thats the case

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The patch notes (which are posted on the official Discord server) make no mention of the Prestige change. I say keep an eye out and see if it is a bug or a FOMO change.

Other changes:
Gems can now go up to Level 20. Total XP is unchanged, everyone’s gems will be scaled to the new levels, with Level 10 gems going straight to Level 20. Difficulties are now XP based, not “what is your highest 3 gems level”.

Openskill is now being used for matchmaking (I have no idea what this is). A custom version of Glicko was previously used.

Two new perks. “Broken Wings” gives you an extra jump if you have no jumps when getting knocked back. “Blind Spot Guard” gives you gray health if an enemy dodges your melee attack.

Lots of fighter changes.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The patch notes (which are posted on the official Discord server) make no mention of the Prestige change. I say keep an eye out and see if it is a bug or a FOMO change.
Hmm, I did see someone suggest that the Batman Who Laughs skin and announcer pack could be getting added to a possible Batman Anniversary shop(that was supposedly mentioned on stream to include Batman-related stuff that was already released as part of the stuff you can purchase and whatnot, like LeBron's Robin costume) and that it could be a bug that they have the "Time remaining" stuff on them on the Prestige shop when it's supposed to be for the Batman shop.

We'll ultimately see if that could be the case tomorrow.
Other changes:
Gems can now go up to Level 20. Total XP is unchanged, everyone’s gems will be scaled to the new levels, with Level 10 gems going straight to Level 20. Difficulties are now XP based, not “what is your highest 3 gems level”.
Interesting....might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things if the difficulty and amount of damage you do and take remains the same.
Two new perks. “Broken Wings” gives you an extra jump if you have no jumps when getting knocked back. “Blind Spot Guard” gives you gray health if an enemy dodges your melee attack.
Interesting. Broken Wings could be useful in some cases, though I see it being niche. Blind Spot Guard sounds like it has potential, especially for Melee-focused characters.
Though I was sorta hoping that the "Freeze foe if projectile is parried" and "If you are stuck in a combo, hold down button to send out a burst at the cost of all your dodge meter" Perks would've came too.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I have more than twice as much prestige currency as what is needed to get Batman who Laughs (I’ve been hoarding for when they release a skin I really really want, and I don’t think I’ve seen one yet) but I’m still disappointed by that, unless it does end up being an error as aforementioned.

Top Bottom