• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, they committed too much work into remodeling and making her distinct when they didn't really need to last time we saw Nubia. It would be stupid to make her a skin at this point, just commit. Plus, she's a deep cut and has historical relevance to DC so she's not a complete nobody.
Plus, it'll also be nice to have a spear moveset that isn't as generic and simple as Banana Guard's is, lol.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I really appreaciate the weapon variety in this game, even if they are as boring as Banana Guard.

Plus, visually wise, all 3 sword fighters fight VERY differently from one another

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The "meant for the original pitches" one is interesting, because two of the other stages were for Potter and Mad Max...and if you remember HugeLeakerActually's original leak, he said both of those properties were planned but fell through.

Maybe some of these ARE just holdovers from the original pitches.
It's definitely a possibility, though it is weird that they would be added back into the files post-cut; considering Gandalf's files were previously removed and were added back post-launch. They could be choosing to recycle layouts or early assets, though I'm personally going to put my bet on them eventually using these as intended.

As for Steamboat Willie... well, it is in the public domain now. I don't think we can count out the possibility of WB just wanting to give Disney the old middle finger.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last night I watched Deadpool 1 to get ready for D&W. I was floored by the amount of Multiversus characters in the movie. Like, a statistically improbable amount of references.

• Finn and Jake appear on a watch Deadpool wears
  • A side antagonist is only referred to as "Agent Smith"
  • There's a blackboard that has a number of celebrities listed, including "LeBron James"
  • Deadpool says "Ruh-Roh Shaggy!"
  • Another character is mockingly and repeatedly called "Gandalf"
Am I suggesting that the Multiversus roster was selected in part to reference a 2016 movie not even owned by Warner Brothers? Yes. Of course. To suggest otherwise would be crazy. Green Lantern and Princess Bubblegum are locks.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Nah, they committed too much work into remodeling and making her distinct when they didn't really need to last time we saw Nubia. It would be stupid to make her a skin at this point, just commit. Plus, she's a deep cut and has historical relevance to DC so she's not a complete nobody.
Multiversus will be the first piece of media she'll be in other than the comics. She is absolutely a nobody.
Also I don't care if they've done a lot of work to make her distinct. They shouldn't have done that work to begin with. She should not be on the roster as anything other than a skin.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Multiversus will be the first piece of media she'll be in other than the comics. She is absolutely a nobody.
Also I don't care if they've done a lot of work to make her distinct. They shouldn't have done that work to begin with. She should not be on the roster as anything other than a skin.
I would bet good money they have plans for her in the DCU considering there are roumors of multiple wonder woman projects. She has been really pushed in the comics as of late

She almost certainly started off as a skin who got too unique and became her own character Dark Pit \ Lucina style

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You can dislike the inclusion all you want, but saying you actively want something worked on and likely close to being finished to go unreleased is just a big no no. Especially given we're talking about WB here.

Last edited:
That's just not true, lol, Nubia has history and a legacy while having impact as one of the first black superheroes. Her primarily being in comics doesn't warrant her never getting to shine ever especially when comics HAVE began pushing her more and more lately.

You may not like that they put in the work at all, but they did, might as well use it now than waste resources, Nubia would be really stupid as a Wonder Woman skin at this point. Multiversus is about celebrating Warner Bros and its vast history, there's nothing wrong with deep cuts now and again. And Nubia would be one hell of a deep cut into Warner's history, adds some interesting variety..

Last edited:
Nubia isn't an awful pick or anything, though I will admit I wish they'd have prioritized Flash, Aquaman, and a Green Lantern so we could have sort of a full JLA first.
To be fair, they kinda have to hold off due to the live service formula. Add too many big characters in rapid succession and you start having to deal with the problem of "picking from the bottom of the barrel".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly the thing that rubs me the wrong way about calling Nubia a nobody is that it's...kind of objectively incorrect. She was notably one of the very first black female superheroes in American comics, and, as far as I know, the first out of just the Big Two of Marvel and DC. She predates the likes of Storm, Misty Knight, and Vixen by at least two years. So from a historical standpoint, she IS important.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just a random thought, but since we know that some of Gandalf moves were repurposed on Morty when he was cancelled, I wonder if Ruby Rose never released, if they could reuse some of her works on other characters, for example maybe some of her animations could potentially work with Grim from Billy and Mandy adventures.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
As you watch more of deadpool I think you'll realise that's the thing about him, he is funny / serious and makes a lot of pop-culture refferences, that's he's thing and I love him for that
Yeah but I feel like Warner Brothers got way more references than anyone else. Maybe it's just because I spend too much time thinking about Multiversus so they stuck out more but still. I think it's funny to think Deadpool (2016) is in any way relevant to this game.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
On some kind of MVS news, Papagenos is stepping away from leaking, he will talk about public leaks but will no longer give his own info. Honestly I do hope leaks die down a bit because I like the surprise of reveals

Faso115

Smash Lord
Just a random thought, but since we know that some of Gandalf moves were repurposed on Morty when he was cancelled, I wonder if Ruby Rose never released, if they could reuse some of her works on other characters, for example maybe some of her animations could potentially work with Grim from Billy and Mandy adventures.
This is how Grim gets in. Im sorry Ruby fans

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And yet ya'll complained about :ultbylethf:

Please note this isn't a dig at you vortex just a joke about the general Smash fanbase
The only complaint I had about Byleth was that she wasn't Edelgard instead. 😎

Really don't think she's cut tbh
Same. I think whatever deals took place to get her in were done well before Zaslov killed RT. Though that being said, I think the odds of further content beyond what's already been negotiated is going to be a different story.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Screenshot_20240725-183012-204.png

I wonder if this will end up effecting the game. Obviously not anytime soon, because most of the characters coming soon already have lines, but eventually they're going to run out. Maybe they'll prioritize a mostly mute character like Jason?

(For the record I support the strike I just have speculation brainrot)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The only complaint I had about Byleth was that she wasn't Edelgard instead. 😎

Same. I think whatever deals took place to get her in were done well before Zaslov killed RT. Though that being said, I think the odds of further content beyond what's already been negotiated is going to be a different story.
1. That reminds me, I bought Three Houses last year. I should continue it.

2. Somewhat related but it was announced today the rights to Death Battle have been reverted to the voices of Wiz and Boomstick (Ben Singer and Chad James respectively). Unless an announcer pack was already planned, I think it’s safe to say Death Battle content will not happen.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master
1. That reminds me, I bought Three Houses last year. I should continue it.

2. Somewhat related but it was announced today the rights to Death Battle have been reverted to the voices of Wiz and Boomstick (Ben Singer and Chad James respectively). Unless an announcer pack was already planned, I think it’s safe to say Death Battle content will not happen.
It really sucks that Death Battle won't ever get into Multiversus but i am still glad the show is in good hands hopefully their kickstarter succeeds plus i want to help it too.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Game's seem to be doing fine, even doomposters have been decreasing considerably, besides usual crybabies demanding nerfs.

But i mean, it's not like other WB games are thriving. MK1 is doing fine but Suicide Squad is....such a mess omg

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Game's seem to be doing fine, even doomposters have been decreasing considerably, besides usual crybabies demanding nerfs.

But i mean, it's not like other WB games are thriving. MK1 is doing fine but Suicide Squad is....such a mess omg
and i worry it'll continue if the ms. freeze dlc wounds up increasing the playerbase.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Do you think any future giant character would be restricted to the tank class?

Cause i've been pondering a Blue Diamond kit but she is just a giant mage
I'd actually really like BD as well, but I don't think it'll happen. We don't even have Amethyst or Pearl yet. I suppose there's nothing stopping them from jumping around in terms of character priority (we already have it in cases like the absence of Scooby,) but even then, I think there are other options from SU they might go for first like Jasper, Peri or Lapis. And that's only if they prioritize another SU character which I don't will happen anytime soon either.

As for the initial question I don't think so. While any giants that make it in are probably more likely to be tanks, I don't it'll necessarily always be the case. I don't see too many giant characters getting added either though.

Top Bottom