• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
As a reminder, please keep things civil:

A Harry Potter stage was spotted in the files
It was only a matter of time, I guess.

I'm hearing rumblings that WB is trying to buy HP from JK outright since she's costing them millions with her behavior and how bad her recent output for the IP itself has been. I honestly hope they do, as crazy as it sounds to root for a WB accquisiton, but it's really the lesser evil here.

do we have images of these I've sen Barbie but not HP or courage
Check ausil's twitter

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Don't look the name of HP's

Oh, you mean the HP franchise and not HP Lovecraft? Phew

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It was only a matter of time, I guess.

I'm hearing rumblings that WB is trying to buy HP from JK outright since she's costing them millions with her behavior and how bad her recent output for the IP itself has been. I honestly hope they do, as crazy as it sounds to root for a WB accquisiton, but it's really the lesser evil here.

Check ausil's twitter
Please tell me you got a source on that because I would be ecstatic. Maybe it would start less fights online

LimeTH

Smash Lord
There's another one with no clear IP association that people are guessing is supposed to be the Wonka Chocolate Factory, but I'm pretty sure WB got the rights to Wonka revoked after that Tom and Jerry movie.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There's another one with no clear IP association that people are guessing is supposed to be the Wonka Chocolate Factory, but I'm pretty sure WB got the rights to Wonka revoked after that Tom and Jerry movie.
They produced the recent Wonka movie tho no?

Shouldn't all the datamined and discovered stuff be uploaded directly rather than just linking Twitter posts or would that be an issue? They're gonna be struck down again just like last time cool stages were discovered.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, they're trying, but obviously, JK isn't budging.
well of course not. if someone else is in charge then some progressive changes might be made

she should just be glad she’ll be long dead by the time it enters the public domain and we get millions of stories about a transgender student at hogwarts. and the slasher movie with dobby obviously

Faso115

Smash Lord
Of the leaked characters, the least exciting part is that PPG and Nubia are probably gonna be bruisers. Although i can see them working as Tanks, but WW already being a tank might make Nubia feel a bit redundant, especially cause i think she doesn't have a shield?

Marceline is definitely an assassin. No way she isn't

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
What's the difference between Bruiser and Assassin anyway?
Back in the beta, they used to have a damage penalty by taking more damage. That was removed thankfully.

The gist of it is Assassins are meant to be quick, rack up a lot of damage and hits, and usually on the light side. Oppossum said that the devs also consider them to be usually morally questionable or outright villainous, with Finn the main exception.

Bruisers are usually heavier and more brawly, not having many projectiles (with Morty being an exception) and excelling at 1v1. If lorewise the character is a good guy, you are probably getting dropped here instead of the assassin role (like what happened with Batman and Jack)

I could go on and on at how some characters should be in other classes, but i'll be here all day

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice
Since we gonna had Steamboat Willie can we also had 100 Acre Woods, Winnie the Pooh also enters in public domain

ivanlerma

Smash Master
So thanks to the newest datamines we have a lot of new stages including some representations for series not yet in Multiversus.

1. Titans Tower from Teen Titans(Already been shown and is based on TTG, hopefully Raven isn't).
    [*]The Movie Theatre from Gremlins(Looks almost done)
    [*]Townsville in Ruins(A new variant for the powerpuff girls' stage).
    [*]Back to the Past from Samurai Jack(Already shown in Jack's Trailer i think).
    [*]The Candy Kingdom from Adventure Time(Almost Done)
    [*]ACME Labs from Animaniacs/Pinky & The Brain(Probably Done)
    [*]Coyote & Road Runner's Desert from Looney Tunes(Presumably Done)
    [*]Wascally Woods from Looney Tunes
    [*]The Wheel from the Over the Garden Wall stage is floating on the river for some reason.
    [*]Barbie's House from Barbie(Based on the live-action movie)
    [*]Steamboat Willie(Seemingly replacing the Over The Garden Wall Stage).
    [*]The Nowhere Home from Courage the Cowardly Dog(COURAGE!)
    [*]Presumably Hogwarts Castle or The Wizard Tournament from Harry Potter
    [*]Road Rage from Mad Max
    [*]Another Powerpuff Girls Stage based on the pickle stand on the bottom(The Mayor's probably gonna be there).
    [*]An unknown stage with a bounceable green bod.
    [*]a stage with a clock on the top(Speculated to be Batman, Fionna & Cake, or Clockwork Oragne).
    [*]Another Adventure Time Stage(Most likely part of the candy kingdom stage).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So thanks to the newest datamines we have a lot of new stages including some representations for series not yet in Multiversus.

1. Titans Tower from Teen Titans(Already been shown and is based on TTG, hopefully Raven isn't).
    [*]The Movie Theatre from Gremlins(Looks almost done)
    [*]Townsville in Ruins(A new variant for the powerpuff girls' stage).
    [*]Back to the Past from Samurai Jack(Already shown in Jack's Trailer i think).
    [*]The Candy Kingdom from Adventure Time(Almost Done)
    [*]ACME Labs from Animaniacs/Pinky & The Brain(Probably Done)
    [*]Coyote & Road Runner's Desert from Looney Tunes(Presumably Done)
    [*]Wascally Woods from Looney Tunes
    [*]The Wheel from the Over the Garden Wall stage is floating on the river for some reason.
    [*]Barbie's House from Barbie(Based on the live-action movie)
    [*]Steamboat Willie(Seemingly replacing the Over The Garden Wall Stage).
    [*]The Nowhere Home from Courage the Cowardly Dog(COURAGE!)
    [*]Presumably Hogwarts Castle or The Wizard Tournament from Harry Potter
    [*]Road Rage from Mad Max
    [*]Another Powerpuff Girls Stage based on the pickle stand on the bottom(The Mayor's probably gonna be there).
    [*]An unknown stage with a bounceable green bod.
    [*]a stage with a clock on the top(Speculated to be Batman, Fionna & Cake, or Clockwork Oragne).
    [*]Another Adventure Time Stage(Most likely part of the candy kingdom stage).
Where are you coming up with these names from? Also allegedly the OTGW stage is seperate from the similar one.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Also allegedly the OTGW stage is seperate from the similar one.
I don't know if you're trying to deny that the leaked stage is Steamboat Willie with this wording, but just in case, I can very safely say it is unambigiously Steamboat Willie - the only details missing from the boat's design are the boxes and flag - both being somewhat sensical exclusions, given that they could both be mistaken for standable terrain but would be awkwardly placed from a design perspective if they were - everything else is kept and where it should be for the boat, and the cavernous background is taken from the scene in the short where Mickey picks up the cow.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't know if you're trying to deny that the leaked stage is Steamboat Willie with this wording, but just in case, I can very safely say it is unambigiously Steamboat Willie - the only details missing from the boat's design are the boxes and flag - both being somewhat sensical exclusions, given that they could both be mistaken for standable terrain but would be awkwardly placed from a design perspective if they were - everything else is kept and where it should be for the boat, and the cavernous background is taken from the scene in the short where Mickey picks up the cow.
Yeah but there's no evidence that Steamboat Willie is replacing Over the garden wall stage, because both coexist in the files

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Steamboat Willie is interesting because the game was initially pitched as a Disney game before going to WB instead. I’m curious if maybe this is a holdover that got put back into the files by accident, or is having assets reused to make the OTGW stage. Or a dev felt cheeky and threw it in as a data miner trap.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah but there's no evidence that Steamboat Willie is replacing Over the garden wall stage, because both coexist in the files
I am aware of that, the leaker even said they coexist, I was moreso pointing towards the wording of "the similar one" as opposed to namedropping Steamboat Willie. Probably not anything, but I felt like pointing it out due to similar experiences on the NASB thread with denial.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No, I can assure you that I was just lazy and didn't want to bother to put the syntax for a spoiler. I was about to get off my break and didn't want to be late either, hence why I was being vague in an attempt to hide it from people who don't want spoilers

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No, I can assure you that I was just lazy and didn't want to bother to put the syntax for a spoiler. I was about to get off my break and didn't want to be late either, hence why I was being vague in an attempt to hide it from people who don't want spoilers
Thanks for the explanation. That being said, a bit odd since there was another spoiler in the post, but tis' what tis'

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Thanks for the explanation. That being said, a bit odd since there was another spoiler in the post, but tis' what tis'
I had thought I saw people openly discussing it so I was less worried about that one, but I did use the abbreviation hoping that would suffice.

Looking at these again...this one has to be a Willy Wonka stage, right?

The coloring definitely seems to imply it, and you're not the first person I've seen bring up the idea; though unlike other stages where we either get like a codename or unfinished models this one is so early I don't think we can make a definitive call yet

I hope so because that locale is just itching to be a stage in a platfighter

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I definitely think it is too, you can see that the pipe are in some sort of liquid. I hope Wonka can be playable too, I've talked about it in the past but I think he have very good moveset potential too.
I've made clear my Add More Characters From Movie Musicals agenda many times lmao, so honestly I'd love to see Wonka. I feel like him having a sort of off-kilter "whimsical dandy with a dark side" approach while his specials focus on the various candies his factory produces would be a really fun way to go about it.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm a bit disappointed rn that one of the few skins I want (Animated Series Joker) is only available in the bundle right now, apparently. Every other skin - including ones in other bundles - are available to buy on their own, but this one skin is not available. I hope it's not going to be exclusive to the bundle, I just want the skin and not the other stuff.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm a bit disappointed rn that one of the few skins I want (Animated Series Joker) is only available in the bundle right now, apparently. Every other skin - including ones in other bundles - are available to buy on their own, but this one skin is not available. I hope it's not going to be exclusive to the bundle, I just want the skin and not the other stuff.
Maybe it's just an incentive to buy the bundle and will be added to the store on its own when the bundle leaves.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Does anyone have an image of the Over the garden wall stage that leaked a few weeks ago? The original post is copyrighted and I can't find it and I want to compare it with the latest leak.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does anyone have an image of the Over the garden wall stage that leaked a few weeks ago? The original post is copyrighted and I can't find it and I want to compare it with the latest leak.
Yep. Here you go!
zzzzotgwstage.jpg
zzzzotgwstage2.jpg

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Having gotten some time to actually play I think Jack might be a little busted right now. His disjoints are huge and it seems like his moves have priority a lot of the time.

Top Bottom