• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Ivander

Smash Legend
So how are we liking Samurai Jack? I think he's pretty fun.
Very fun to play with. Not fun to fight against cause of his range most of the time. He's not impossible to beat, but when you are using slower characters, he's a character you need to predict very often, especially that Side-B, when you use slower characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think that this might lead to some characters not even having voices at all.
I mean...just going off of what's been recorded so far, and assuming they keep to a schedule of one new fighter per month or so, and again assuming Beetlejuice launches around August 20th...we'd be covered until February with just the voice lines that are already in the files, which should hopefully be enough time for WB to accept the union's very reasonable terms.

And that's assuming that there aren't OTHER lines already recorded that just aren't in the files yet (which is likely the case for, say, Marceline).

I know one character per month makes sense but I'm hoping they get biweekly character releases for the season. I want Nubia and PPG in sooner rather than later. They had a lot of time to make it happen.

Last edited:

kevin345

Smash Rookie
Yeah but I feel like Warner Brothers got way more references than anyone else. Maybe it's just because I spend too much time thinking about Multiversus so they stuck out more but still. I think it's funny to think Deadpool (2016) is in any way relevant to this game.
Yeah, you're right about WB, they're iconic for their references

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if the lower dailies are intentional since they're no longer tying more stuff to the rifts. If they can't incentivize people to spend on gems, the next attempt is to slow down battlepass xp to get people who may not play as often to buy tiers in order to reach their desired rewards. I know that sounds super negative and cynical, but you know, it is a live service game from WB. We'll see tomorrow though, hopefully it was just an error.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Is there sports event going away tomorrow? My missions never refreshed and i go 3k xp to earn

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is there sports event going away tomorrow? My missions never refreshed and i go 3k xp to earn
I think they gave only one set of missions for players to complete, with the rest of the points gotten by doing battles.

A big thing though. Rift battles count for the Sport event. So if you have a Sports costume like Tom, Marvin or even default LeBron or Jason, go on the Easy mode for the Dexter Rift and do the mission with Bugs and Banana Guard, the one that gives you the giant fists, with a character in Sport gear. Defeat Bugs and Banana Guard, get the key and then wait for the 1 minute mark before you rescue Toasty. You will get 225 XP for the event as well as for your character XP and your career XP. You should get 3k before an hour is up.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last time I checked it said it had like 50 days left in the event. I think it’s ongoing thru the whole season.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Then it's definitely a glitch. Cause last time the dailies did something like this with the decreasing dailies, they reset when the Weeklies came back. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Then it's definitely a glitch. Cause last time the dailies did something like this with the decreasing dailies, they reset when the Weeklies came back. Hope it gets fixed soon.
They've been steadily decreasing over the last few days and with how much people complain on Steam and other forums I would imagine they're already aware by now if they haven't been already.

I can't really check since I'm at work, but can anyone confirm if the actual weekly missions are at their usual? Maybe MBRedboy31 MBRedboy31 if you happened to check when you logged in.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
They've been steadily decreasing over the last few days and with how much people complain on Steam and other forums I would imagine they're already aware by now if they haven't been already.

I can't really check since I'm at work, but can anyone confirm if the actual weekly missions are at their usual? Maybe MBRedboy31 MBRedboy31 if you happened to check when you logged in.
The weekly missions are normal (7 per week, as usual,) only the dailies are broken.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Was this posted here yet? Might as well since the account and all the stuff got deleted like expected.

Nice recap of each and every discovery so far.
I had most of the images saved individually (because of course the deletion was going to happen lol), but having them in one infographic is really nice. Thanks!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last time I checked it said it had like 50 days left in the event. I think it’s ongoing thru the whole season.
Wish I didn’t need to have learned the hard way that I was wrong and I missed out on the medal.

I feel stupid. :061:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I'm still surprised there's no updated weight chart. I wanna know how light BG and Smith are, cause they feel light for some reason

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Was this posted here yet? Might as well since the account and all the stuff got deleted like expected.

Nice recap of each and every discovery so far.
That's a really useful image actually! That being said... I feel like "mgg03" would be more likely to be some kind of Watchmen stage? Mainly because of the clock, it springs to mind as something you wouldn't normally see associated with Gotham but is heavily associated with Watchmen, plus there's the matter of the series having apparently been featured in PFG's offices or something.

I've seen a couple of the images there before but seeing them all there is really interesting. Steamboat Willie is pretty funny, never really occurred to me that Mickey's entry into PD would lend to something like this. Probably cross-promotion for John Oliver or something like that, but it's certainly an inspired HBO rep choice.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Multiversus will be the first piece of media she'll be in other than the comics. She is absolutely a nobody.
That’s not true, she’s in DC Online, e.g. She’s a relatively deep cut compared to their heavy hitters, but there’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, I’d argue she’d allow the devs to get alot more creative with her moveset because of that fact, although there’s still plenty of awesome references they can pull from since she’s been around for over 50 years. And I mean, she’s literally Wonder Woman’s sister (or bestie, depending on the era) in a team-up game, which is awesome and perfect for this. I’m a huge fan of Diana but her moveset is hella basic, and there’s so much more they can and should do for Nubia. What better way to introduce mainstream audiences to an underrated character than something like this?

Also I don't care if they've done a lot of work to make her distinct. They shouldn't have done that work to begin with. She should not be on the roster as anything other than a skin.
Tell that to the fans that want more representation in a crossover game that can and should add it. We have things like special voices and skins for games like Injustice (Black Lightning skin for Raiden or John for Hal Jordan), for example, but actually getting a full fledged character is much more meaningful

Anyway, a potential Barbie Dreamhouse stage is the hypest thing ever! I hope we end up getting Barbie as a playable character soon too. I might just pick this back up if that’s the case

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That’s not true, she’s in DC Online, e.g. She’s a relatively deep cut compared to their heavy hitters, but there’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, I’d argue she’d allow the devs to get alot more creative with her moveset because of that fact, although there’s still plenty of awesome references they can pull from since she’s been around for over 50 years. And I mean, she’s literally Wonder Woman’s sister (or bestie, depending on the era) in a team-up game, which is awesome and perfect for this. I’m a huge fan of Diana but her moveset is hella basic, and there’s so much more they can and should do for Nubia

Tell that to the fans that want more representation in a crossover game that can and should add it. We have things like special voices and skins for games like Injustice (Black Lightning skin for Raiden or John for Hal Jordan), for example, but actually getting a full fledged character is much more meaningful

Anyway, a potential Barbie Dreamhouse stage is the hyped thing ever! I hope we end up getting Barbie as a playable character soon too. I might just pick this back up if that’s the case
I'll go even further and say that John should be the default Lantern for Multiversus.

Justice League Unlimited was my introduction to the character so he'll always be THE Green Lantern to me.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'll go even further and say that John should be the default Lantern for Multiversus.

Justice League Unlimited was my introduction to the character so he'll always be THE Green Lantern to me.
Hal really didn’t make sense for Injustice because the setting was very DCAU inspired LOL. Susan Eisenberg, Kevin Conroy, and Phil Lamar even reprised their roles. John was my introduction too and I feel the same way, ahaha

And honestly, they should’ve just added Black Lightning instead of Raiden (or at least add both and make him his own character) but that’s a whole other rant

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s not true, she’s in DC Online, e.g. She’s a relatively deep cut compared to their heavy hitters, but there’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, I’d argue she’d allow the devs to get alot more creative with her moveset because of that fact, although there’s still plenty of awesome references they can pull from since she’s been around for over 50 years. And I mean, she’s literally Wonder Woman’s sister (or bestie, depending on the era) in a team-up game, which is awesome and perfect for this. I’m a huge fan of Diana but her moveset is hella basic, and there’s so much more they can and should do for Nubia. What better way to introduce mainstream audiences to an underrated character than something like this?

Anyway, a potential Barbie Dreamhouse stage is the hypest thing ever! I hope we end up getting Barbie as a playable character soon too. I might just pick this back up if that’s the case
OK but Nubia is far from the only option to add black character to the game. Static for one sticks out as a majorly cool potential addition.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Let's be completely honest here, DCAU was the peak of DC. Hal maybe the "most iconic" to general audiences, but like you said here, John Stewart is the most iconic GL to me. JL and JLU, Superman TAS, and Batman TAS understood each character to a science, and it hasn't imo been captured as well since until My Adventures with Superman. I'm planning on watching Batman Caped Crusader soon and I have high hopes since Bruce Timm was one of the creative leads on it.

To swing it back to MvS I agree, John should be the default

JL was also my first introduction to Amazo as a character, I'd love to see him adapted into MvS or Injustice as well. Maybe they could do a thing where you could customize your specials based on who you're fighting or have a customizable selection of moves on the selection screen? Just some food for thought since Amazo's whole schtick is copying other being's powers

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Anyone seen the Fleischer Superman Costume leak on "Not Ausil's" Twitter Account?
Bit late to the party, friend. Ausil got nuked again like two days ago.

But yes, I did see what you are referring to. It looks cool and it's super exciting to see them celebrating the legacy of such an iconic character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Top Bottom