• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Potential new characters were looking at from these stages, ranked in how likely I think they are

Mad Max ,
A Harry Potter rep
Barbie \ Ken
Willy Wonka (Maybe??)
Courage
Mickey Mouse (lol no)

some of these could easily be stage only

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Small gripe, but why do so many of the nodes in the new Samurai Jack Rift have a star that requires a Sports Attire character? None of Jack's current skins are "Sports Attire" so I have to bring in LeBron or Beach Garnet or Jason and it's breaking my immersion, since the rift plot is clearly about Jack and Jack alone.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
There's another one with no clear IP association that people are guessing is supposed to be the Wonka Chocolate Factory, but I'm pretty sure WB got the rights to Wonka revoked after that Tom and Jerry movie.
The movie wasn't so bad to have the rights revoked, it'd need to be live action Cat in the Hat bad for something like that to happen

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's a question I have about these leaks:
Why doesn't the Wicked Witch have a model in the code? She's almost assuredly the flagship character of Season 3 - and assuming Beetlejuice is the only other character this season, next in line. It's a bit odd she would lack a model, but characters later in line would. Maybe it's just hidden a bit better, I don't know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a question I have about these leaks:
Why doesn't the Wicked Witch have a model in the code? She's almost assuredly the flagship character of Season 3 - and assuming Beetlejuice is the only other character this season, next in line. It's a bit odd she would lack a model, but characters later in line would. Maybe it's just hidden a bit better, I don't know.
To my knowledge Beetlejuice doesn't either, which is even weirder.

Faso115

Smash Lord
To my knowledge Beetlejuice doesn't either, which is even weirder.
If i'm a betting man, it means that maybe they are trying to avoid dataminers getting their hands on an unfinished character like they did with Smith last season.

And i'm willing to bet she might show up in the mid-season patch....Assuming that neither of the 3 modeled fighters show up in season 3.

I'm pretty sure that given the final rift, one of those fighters might drop sooner than later. Maybe Fumo leaks info might be correct after all in regards to PPG

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Potential new characters were looking at from these stages, ranked in how likely I think they are
This is a really great lineup if it was going to pan out this way. Barbie and Willy Wonka are ideas that I've really sold myself on and want to see realized, and Courage is one of my favorite CN shows so I'd be over the moon to have him. I'm a bit less certain how they'd have him fight, but I'm sure we could figure something out. Unless they add Eustace instead...

Don't care much for Harry Potter but whatever. Mad Max is overdue at this point, I remember conversations relating to that in one of the very first text leaks.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You guys think they'll finally let Courage talk again if they put him in?
I imagine they would, although it'd be funny to have him speak in gibberish anyway. I've seen plenty of clips with Courage's VA Marty Grabstein doing off the cuff dialogue in the voice though, so I feel like it'd be a missed opportunity not to just get him back in the booth talking for real again. If nothing else I'm sure we'd get a "the things I do for love" out of it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This is a really great lineup if it was going to pan out this way. Barbie and Willy Wonka are ideas that I've really sold myself on and want to see realized, and Courage is one of my favorite CN shows so I'd be over the moon to have him. I'm a bit less certain how they'd have him fight, but I'm sure we could figure something out. Unless they add Eustace instead...

Don't care much for Harry Potter but whatever. Mad Max is overdue at this point, I remember conversations relating to that in one of the very first text leaks.
Not gonna lie if they go for Mad Max as an IP I'd rather them do Furiosa or Immortan Joe since they have more interesting designs and I'd rather have more villains/antiheros.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Okay Nubia continues to be Schrodinger's Character because damn.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dexter's data overtook Nubia's spot as C027...so now she may be a skin again.
I'm a little confused here; what exactly about this shows it's Dexter other than the twitter post text itself? Most of these files seem pretty innocuous.

Not that I wouldn't be ecstatic, I think the character absolutely deserves it.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Seems like Aquaman's design can be found in the Teen Titans stage

I was totally expecting the classic design

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If when PPG win a match Tom Kenny doesn't say "And once again the day is saved, thanks to the Powerpuff Girls!" then I don't want them /s
That would be a super cool announcer pack actually.

To be fair if this is a statue on the stage the playable design might be different. But if this is the actual design, it looks like it has some Jason Momoa influence, which doesn't surprise me.

That would be a super cool announcer pack actually.

To be fair if this is a statue on the stage the playable design might be different. But if this is the actual design, it looks like it has some Jason Momoa influence, which doesn't surprise me.
I doubt it'll be different. MVS is a very cost effective game when it comes to directly modeling stuff, WW's statue is just her MVS look too.

I really hope that's not the case. Just put her in already, she'd be cool and after all the work they've done to differentiate her look and weapon wise, her going back to being a WW skin would be total ****.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I kinda like how random characters are starting to show up in the background, even if they have nothing to do with the stage.

It's too bad Shaggy and Jake have been deconfirmed with the release of Teen Titans tower😢😢

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got the second season Battle Pass (I had earned enough Gleamium from earlier that I didn't have to buy more in order to afford it), so I have Jack now, and I got Superman with character shards. (which means that I have all of the characters that I wanted to buy - the DC characters aside from Black Adam, plus Jason. At this point, anything else is an added bonus)

Jack seems kind of basic to play as, but I'm enjoying him, and the new gems seem like they'll be fun to use with him. (or with some other characters who have charge attacks)

Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice also fall into "series in this game that I haven't watched", though I feel like I've got enough shows on my plate at the moment. (I'm trying to catch up to modern Doctor Who, I bought Star Trek: The Original Series on DVD, and I still haven't finished Breaking Bad)

Also, I'm glad to see that the Prestige Currency items (like the Batman Who Laughs costume) don't disappear from the store at the end of the season, and that the currency carries over. (I was worried that both would be wiped away at the end of the season and that people would have to start fresh)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Please! I hate that they even considered Nubia, there are so many other characters in general they should be doing instead of her. She should just be a skin.

the classic design will probably be a skin anyway

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Please! I hate that they even considered Nubia, there are so many other characters in general they should be doing instead of her. She should just be a skin.

I mean if the work was already done to make her unique I don't see why they'd have to demote her to a skin, especially since the character has been getting more of a push in recent years.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Meant to comment on this earlier.

Talked to some people on Discord.

Unfortunately this is a red herring and not real.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One of the only two third party characters I genuinely want in the game is the Ghostbusters (they could just be skins of each other) but one thing I wonder about is how you would do their moveset. Do you reference the cartoons, video games, and comics? Or do you just stick to the four main films?

I feel like they gotta be able to shoot Boson Darts at the very least.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
One of the only two third party characters I genuinely want in the game is the Ghostbusters (they could just be skins of each other) but one thing I wonder about is how you would do their moveset. Do you reference the cartoons, video games, and comics? Or do you just stick to the four main films?

I feel like they gotta be able to shoot Boson Darts at the very least.
Who's the other third party character?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meant to comment on this earlier.

Talked to some people on Discord.

Unfortunately this is a red herring and not real.
Very good to know! I was getting suspicious as more time went by and other dataminers didn't say anything.

Looks like Nubia's back in business.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Looks like Nubia's back in business.
And Dexter's back in the pit. Darn

Though there being a red herring to throw dataminers off really adds to my theory that Steamboat Willie is a red herring as well.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Btw, they actually changed how power pledge work so its a relief.

Events also suggest two things: Beetlejuice should drop around August 20th and that he might be buyable with an event currency

So in many ways, he is kind of a rift character

darkvortex

Smash Champion
[/QUOTE]
And Dexter's back in the pit. Darn

Though there being a red herring to throw dataminers off really adds to my theory that Steamboat Willie is a red herring as well.
I really don't think they'd make a full stage just to mess with people. It has a slightly different layout form the garden wall stage, I really just think it's something that's coming.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I really don't think they'd make a full stage just to mess with people. It has a slightly different layout form the garden wall stage, I really just think it's something that's coming.
Well there are two thoughts to this theory.

First, the stage isn’t finished. It’s in a very early stage of development. So it’s not like they’ve made a whole entire stage just for messing with people,

Two, this game was initially supposed to be a Disney themed game, with many assets created for a pitch to the higher ups. There’s Hulk model textures and objects from Wreck it Ralph in the files. So it stands to reason this was a stage made for the Disney pitch before Steamboat Willie hit the public domain.

How it got back into the files, I’m not sure. The Hulk textures did as well after disappearing for a while. My guess is either they’re reusing assets or using it as a reference for the Over the Garden Wall stage, or like Nubia’s folder having Dexter assets in it, it’s a red herring to throw off dataminers.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

How it got back into the files, I’m not sure. The Hulk textures did as well after disappearing for a while. My guess is either they’re reusing assets or using it as a reference for the Over the Garden Wall stage, or like Nubia’s folder having Dexter assets in it, it’s a red herring to throw off dataminers.
Tinfoil theory: They're using Steamboat Willie as a based for a Popeye stage that would be in black and white too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

First, the stage isn’t finished. It’s in a very early stage of development. So it’s not like they’ve made a whole entire stage just for messing with people,

Two, this game was initially supposed to be a Disney themed game, with many assets created for a pitch to the higher ups. There’s Hulk model textures and objects from Wreck it Ralph in the files. So it stands to reason this was a stage made for the Disney pitch before Steamboat Willie hit the public domain.

The "meant for the original pitches" one is interesting, because two of the other stages were for Potter and Mad Max...and if you remember HugeLeakerActually's original leak, he said both of those properties were planned but fell through.

Maybe some of these ARE just holdovers from the original pitches.

Nah, they committed too much work into remodeling and making her distinct when they didn't really need to last time we saw Nubia. It would be stupid to make her a skin at this point, just commit. Plus, she's a deep cut and has historical relevance to DC so she's not a complete nobody.

Top Bottom