• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Was this posted here yet? Might as well since the account and all the stuff got deleted like expected.

Nice recap of each and every discovery so far.
Dumb recap time. I'm dividing the DC sub-series because i have a sick, twisted mind.
a
Series with a character and a stage: Player First Games, Adventure Time, Scooby Doo, Batman, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, Game of Thrones

Series with a character, but stage unfinished: Looney Toons, Gremlins, Tom and Jerry, Friday the 13th, Samurai Jack

Series with a character, but no stage: Superman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Iron Giant, The Matrix, Beetlejuice

Series with a stage, but no character: Powerpuff Girls, Dexter, The Animaniacs, Teen Titans

Series with a datamined stage but no character: Barbie, Courage, Harry Potter, Mad Max. Over the Garden Wall, Mickey Mouse, Joust, Watchmen

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Dumb recap time. I'm dividing the DC sub-series because i have a sick, twisted mind.
a
Series with a character and a stage: Player First Games, Adventure Time, Scooby Doo, Batman, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, Game of Thrones

Series with a character, but stage unfinished: Looney Toons, Gremlins, Tom and Jerry, Friday the 13th, Samurai Jack

Series with a character, but no stage: Superman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Iron Giant, The Matrix, Beetlejuice

Series with a stage, but no character: Powerpuff Girls, Dexter, The Animaniacs, Teen Titans

Series with a datamined stage but no character: Barbie, Courage, Harry Potter, Mad Max. Over the Garden Wall, Mickey Mouse, Joust, Watchmen
you missed Willy Wonka

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I've seen some speculation the clock stage is from the Fiona and Cake show.
it apparently had a gimmick hat part of the stage are pools that damage you so I don't know what propriety that could be

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So the Superman skin in the Battle Pass has a unique skin tag that I think might be somewhat recognizable to some people here:

20XXL

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I got my Circuit Credit last night, but I’m still indecisive about which skin I should get. Theoretically I should have the entire season to decide, but I’ll almost certainly need a Circuit Drone skin for the rift event…

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I hope I'm not too late, but I'd highly recommend not playing the latest rift on Crushing right now and wait till the event to come out tomorrow. (Easy should be fine) You'll never know if your progress will be bugged or not by playing the rift early.

but I’ll almost certainly need a Circuit Drone skin for the rift event…
Correct! Some of the nodes require you to use a Circuit Drone skin

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I meant the specific name. I looked up "20XXL" and couldn't find anything.

... Of course a few minutes later I realized it was probably a clothing joke, but I wanted to give SneakyLink the opportunity to Epically Troll me
Actually I messed up.

It’s not the Battle Pass Superman skin with the tag.

It’s Solar Powered Superman, who is not out yet but is a guest in the newest rift.

Anyways, I was being funny since I know there’s the 20XX meme with the Smash community.

Edit: Arya’s upcoming Slicer skin also has the tag. I assume it’s the same with all the futuristic skins.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
For those who don't have their Circuit Chip from the event, Rifts now give Exp for the event. Early on when the event started, Rifts didn't give Exp, but now they have been.

So going on an Easy Rift match and waiting for almost 3 minutes(around the 1:04 mark) gives 150 Exp for the event. The two easiest Rifts to do this are in the Dexter Lab Rift, one being the Bugs/Banana Guard battle with the Armature.
The other depends on your Gem level and it's the Computer boss battle where you just wait to a minute left then beat up the Computer quickly. Depending on your Gem Level and character, you can one-shot the Computer with a Neutral Charge attack.

Either way, doing this should help you finish getting Exp for the Circuit event before it ends.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Wow, the shop has like...two skins you can buy with cybucks....kinda dissapointing actually.

I don't even own Rick and Morty

Ivander

Smash Legend
So yeah, if you're a Rick and Morty fan, this new Shop is amazing since they require the event Currency.

That said though, while Cyberbucks can't be used for Gleamium, you can use the Cyberbucks to get a Circuit Chip that you can use to get 100 Gleamium from the Circuit Chip shop. And you earn Cyberbucks by playing PVP. Meaning that if you work on the Cyberbucks to focus on Circuit Chips to use for Gleamium, you can get the other skins you want for free.

It's not perfect and it's grindy, but it's still something if you want the stuff that requires Gleamium. Heck, you can even use it for skins in the regular Shop if you're not interested in the new skins.

Edit: Oh, and once again, if using one of the new 20XXL skins(which should include Rick & Morty's skins, but I haven't checked yet), instead of a 1.5 Boost, all the stuff you get from PVP is doubled/2X boosted, including Cyberbucks. So if not using the skin, you get 50 Cybucks for winning, 25 for losing. If using the skin, you get 100 Cybucks for winning, 50 for losing.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Bought the new Tom & Jerry skin because it looks really cool and I liked the custom animation it had. Kinda lame the only skins you can use the new currency for are for both Rick and Morty characters.

The new rift is pretty good honestly, it's nice seeing Tom and Jerry getting a major role in one. The boss was kinda lame tho. Also, has anyone else noticed the Toasty gem from the rift events is stronger than the other gems, even when they're the same level?

Last but not least, I finally hit Platinum in 2v2 Ranked as Bugs Bunny. Not sure if I'll go for Diamond and Master, cuz honestly Ranked is a mess at the moment. I kept getting grouped with a Bronze playing while I had to fight people with higher ranks than me. Pretty unfair and I hope they fix this ASAP.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Cool thing about the Circuit Drone skins is that, in Rift nodes where they have a Blaze Chip or Frost Chip, it changes their color scheme to match. Both the neon lines and the parts that use the gradient color get changed. This includes the nodes where you're required to play as a Circuit Drone too, so you can try both of the recolors as any of the drone skins you have. It's a huge shame you can't just pick those color schemes to use in PvP, I quite like the neon orange for the blaze chip...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, the old monkey's paw curled. We got an extremely scummy action from MvS today.

The batch of missions for the new rift initially were just marked "20XXL." This meant that you could technically achieve them from the Arya and Superman guest appearances in the Rift. It'd be grindy, but it was free. A few hours in they implemented a hotfix that added the tag "PvP" to it, meaning that now in order to complete those missions, you HAVE to buy a skin. One step forward, five steps back it seems.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, the old monkey's paw curled. We got an extremely scummy action from MvS today.

The batch of missions for the new rift initially were just marked "20XXL." This meant that you could technically achieve them from the Arya and Superman guest appearances in the Rift. It'd be grindy, but it was free. A few hours in they implemented a hotfix that added the tag "PvP" to it, meaning that now in order to complete those missions, you HAVE to buy a skin. One step forward, five steps back it seems.
The season’s rewards were initially presented as a compromise for people who criticized the rewards for Season 1’s events (giving multiple options for reward choice vs maybe getting a skin for a character you may play), but now we’re back to being scummy.

I’m hoping it doesn’t continue, and I don’t know whether to shake my fist at PFG or WBG. :angeranime:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mix of both. PFG for a mix of short-sightedness and worry about the higher-ups, and Warner Bros for not wanting players to be too advantageous.

There's a part of me that thinks that PFG planned for players that didn't want to buy the costumes right away was to work for either the Rick or Morty skin so that when FTP players got either one, they'd get an extra boost in Cybucks from the missions. It's possible they didn't account for the Rift missions working. It's scummy, but makes sense from a business perspective that wants people spending more time playing.
Heck, some people were mentioning that the dodge mission wasn't working in the Rift missions, so it might have been planned to be PVP from the beginning.

Warner Bros I would not be surprised for being responsible for the recent limit on Toasts and Fighter Currency. Supposedly, you could get Toasts and FC without limit until recently and I wouldn't be surprised at WB being responsible for limiting them, since Toasts can be exploited with Rifts and getting FC with Cybucks is cheaper than with the Circuit Chips.
It makes me worried about a possible limit on Circuit Chips since if a person really worked, they could buy a continuous amount of chips for a continuous supply of Gleamium from the Circuit Chip shop, allowing them to buy a bunch of cosmetics for practically free. And I'm positive Warner Bros would not keen on that when they want players buying Gleamium to begin with.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I’ve been doing some grinding in Ranked 2v2 as Cake, and I got to Gold, so I’m guaranteed to get one of the ranked skins.
I also started blocking people who teabag or use the salt emote, even if they were on my team. Hopefully this game’s blocklist has plenty of space…

My plan for the event is to get the Rick skin, then it shouldn’t be too hard to get one circuit credit to get a second circuit drone skin. I don’t think I’m getting much else, other than fighter currency and toast. (I got some of the 20XXL missions before they changed them to be PvP only, but I didn’t get all of the ones that could be gotten that way. Ugh….)

Ivander

Smash Legend
So there is a limit on the Circuit Credits. You can only get up to 3 Circuit Credits from the Cybucks shop before it keeps you from getting any more. So by what somebody tallied up, it's 70,400 Cybucks to get all the stuff you can get with Cybucks.

-34,000 for the Ricky and Morty skins.
-30,000 for the Circuit Credits.
-1,400 for the Banner
-500 for the Profile Pic
-1,200 for the Ringout
-3250 for the Fighter Currency
-50 for the Toasts

Faso115

Smash Lord
I keep seeing this on twitter, might as well ask this here.

Are you guys Team "PPG surprised Season 2 drop" or Team "PPG is season 3". Cause there's plenty of evidence for either being real.

To avoid being dissapointed, i'm just choosed Team PPG is season 3

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I keep seeing this on twitter, might as well ask this here.

Are you guys Team "PPG surprised Season 2 drop" or Team "PPG is season 3". Cause there's plenty of evidence for either being real.

To avoid being dissapointed, i'm just choosed Team PPG is season 3
According to recent reports. WB are once again looking to sell off their games division. Unknown how did would effect MVS now that WB own PFG.

I'm Team "Please Put the PPG in Before WB Kills the Game"

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For ****s sake do they just have a ****ing spending problem?? You buy something, realize you don't have enough to pay for it/don't want it, then decide to sell something off to pay for it, including possibly the thing you bought in the first place??

It's like putting jingling keys in front of a toddler to get them away from their favorite toy

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The fact that it says it might be looking to sell "at least part of" the games division at least makes the PFG buyout make some more sense and doesn't spell immediate doom for this game...though it does leave me curious about Netherealm and other studios they own.
I can't imagine Netherealm isn't profitable.

Mortal Kombat games sell millions of copies. If anything, I'd be real nervous if I was Rocksteady as their new live service failed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, I'm not feeling the drive to play the game much anymore. Jack was fun, don't get me wrong, but I really hate the grind for stuff.

The battle passes just feel like a net negative when you miss enough days. It makes you feel like not investing in the game.

The game is still fun. The characters are fun, but the constant grind with no real end in sight with... Well everything, is very sour. The passion died out.

It should be a game I boot up with friends from time to time, but the battle passes and the constant grinding make it harder to just pick up and play. It feels like commitment and no longer fun.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I'm not feeling the drive to play the game much anymore. Jack was fun, don't get me wrong, but I really hate the grind for stuff.

The battle passes just feel like a net negative when you miss enough days. It makes you feel like not investing in the game.

The game is still fun. The characters are fun, but the constant grind with no real end in sight with... Well everything, is very sour. The passion died out.

It should be a game I boot up with friends from time to time, but the battle passes and the constant grinding make it harder to just pick up and play. It feels like commitment and no longer fun.
yeah I get that, I can think of a few games I got burnt out on for similar reasons

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly it helps that I just play the game super casually. I don't care about like, any of the cosmetics and also don't care TOO much about roster completion, so I only go for the things I absolutely want. And in the case of the Battlepass like with Jack, just go as far as I think is worth what I paid for it (...a total of five bucks lol).

If you go for everything the grind is unbearable. But just going for Specific things helps a lot.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I'm in a weird spot where the constant rewards just for playing make the game more enticing than something like Ult or NASB where everything's already unlocked, but the grind to get it, and the stupid ass event currencies this season, are very tiring.

There's stuff on the BP I want, but I'm trying not to burn myself out before characters I want are added in.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I guess playing Overwatch for years made me get used to this game grind much more easily than the average player, but some of the grind is still unbearable.

Although i just go to the dexter rift and afk till 1 min remains to get a 100 xp for the event. It worked so far

Ivander

Smash Legend

I don't think the dailies are a big grind. Doing all dailies in a day is a guaranteed level and a bit more on the Pass. And doing all of the Weeklies is almost 4 levels.
Though I do agree that the Cybucks event is way way too grindy, even if you get all the Cybucks you get from events.

Like I said during Season 1, it's probably best to play the game with a casual mindset and simply finish the dailies then do whatever. I especially stopped doing Ranked for now when I reached Gold, cause it felt too much a grind at Silver. It's just best not to grind and only get what you want if it starts to drain you.

That said, if any event allows the Rifts to give experience to that event, like near the end of the last event and this event(Rifts don't give Cybucks like PVP, but it gives Exp for the Event's Exp path), the two Rifts in the Dexter lab Rift are just so useful for clearing those, as you can play a game on your phone or Switch while waiting for the timer to reach a minute. And they're useful for character XP too.

Not sure how future events will feel later, but next event is looking more friendly as it releases alongside a Rift event that gives out a currency like the Sports event did.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm legit starting to wondering if Warner Bros. is going to tank as a company at this point.

With all of their bad decisions, combined with the DC franchise being in overall lousy spot right now, and them wanting to sell off so many of their subsidiaries and divisions, their refusal to release completed films, and now apparently their stock falling significantly as well...It'd take a while, but at this point, I could actually see the company going under if they don't get their act together. Prior to this year, that's an idea I never would've taken seriously.

Don't get me wrong, the chances are still fairly high that they'll remain in business as the media giant they are (which isn't necessarily an entirely bad thing with all of the stellar things that they have collectively created over so many years and the sheer impact they've had on fiction and pop culture) but if things keep up like this, I could actually genuinely see the company going under and ceasing operations. What that would mean for Multiversus is too early to consider, but right now, even the possibility of their games division getting sold or shut down doesn't bode well for the game, either.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
We'll see what happens eventually. To be bluntly honest, Warner Bros going out and Multiversus getting shutdown are the least of my concerns regarding the future. And man, am I not enthusiastic for the future in general.
---
My worries about the future aside, just recently got enough Prestige points to get Wonder Woman's Prestige skin. Despite the game's flaws and recent shortcomings, I've still been having fun and enjoying the game and the skins this Season have been pretty great-looking IMO.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Big update for those of you who are with me on the Brak train!

Yesterday, AJAX, a MVS dev sent a tweet asking for and encouraging suggestions to make the game better. Andy Merrill, Brak's VA, came in to mention Brak. It blew up so hard that about an hour ago AJAX acknowledged it, and asked who Brak even is. Then THAT blew up, and he decided to look into clips and compilations of the character, which led to him quoting Brak in the replies.

Given a dev talking openly about a character on social media is how we knew way ahead of time that Marceline is happening, I think it's safe to assume Brak is at the very least on the list of potentials now. It's possible (though admittedly not entirely likely) they could try and ride this wave and make him higher priority, but it probably depends on what WB allows. Brak IS being used in Checkered Past bumpers, so it's not like they can use the "not currently relevant" excuse that's supposedly holding Dexter back.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Big update for those of you who are with me on the Brak train!

Yesterday, AJAX, a MVS dev sent a tweet asking for and encouraging suggestions to make the game better. Andy Merrill, Brak's VA, came in to mention Brak. It blew up so hard that about an hour ago AJAX acknowledged it, and asked who Brak even is. Then THAT blew up, and he decided to look into clips and compilations of the character, which led to him quoting Brak in the replies.

Given a dev talking openly about a character on social media is how we knew way ahead of time that Marceline is happening, I think it's safe to assume Brak is at the very least on the list of potentials now. It's possible (though admittedly not entirely likely) they could try and ride this wave and make him higher priority, but it probably depends on what WB allows. Brak IS being used in Checkered Past bumpers, so it's not like they can use the "not currently relevant" excuse that's supposedly holding Dexter back.
This might sound dumb but what's a Brak?

Top Bottom