• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
This might sound dumb but what's a Brak?
This guy.
1723224062833.jpeg

Once villain in a 60's cartoon called Space Ghost, turned goofy breakout side character in the 90's in Space Ghost Coast to Coast, to star of Cartoon Planet and his own The Brak Show, along with a two part special, tons of bumpers, events, etc. He recently was in an episode of Jellystone, and a puppet version of him is going to start hosting Checkered Past soon.
This version of Brak's sort of the missing link between Cartoon Network and Adult Swim in that he was at one point a very prominent character in different points of the history of both, to where you could charitably say he was the mascot for the network as a whole for a time. Brak had a resurgence of popularity recently due to the Jellystone appearance, Coast to Coast's 30th anniversary, and his VA and C2C creator Andy Merrill joining Twitter and posting videos of Puppet Brak, heavily interacting with fans and sharing cool behind the scenes tidbits. Merrill has been on and off campaigning for Brak in MVS the same way Mark DeCarlo got Hugh Neutron in NASB1, and it seems to be starting to pay off.

Brak's also my most wanted now that Powerpuff Girls and Daffy Duck are on the way.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
What?,a Mickey Stage?,why?
Two theories.

Steamboat Willie is public domain now and they're being cheeky towards Disney.

OR

Since MVS was at one point meant to be a Disney crossover game, Steamboat Willie might be a holdover from that pitch that found its way back in the files. Presumably either as dataminer bait, or so they can reuse the assets for the Over the Garden Wall tugboat stage.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
It's obviously the Dexter looter shooter where you have to defeat Mandark and the league of mandarks from taking over the world.

The battle pass will consist of exclusive character Dee Dee and teasers for future characters like Monkey, Buff Dexter and Mandark's dad

It's live service cause mr. Zaslav said so.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Brak AND Dexter? What a day to be a Cartoon Network enjoyer!

Can't really imagine what else Dex could be in besides MVS. My best guesses are either a mobile game or maybe a new CN kart racer. I doubt they'd be making a full on Dexter's Laboratory game in 2024, so it's most likely a crossover.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's obviously the Dexter looter shooter where you have to defeat Mandark and the league of mandarks from taking over the world.

The battle pass will consist of exclusive character Dee Dee and teasers for future characters like Monkey, Buff Dexter and Mandark's dad

It's live service cause mr. Zaslav said so.
First sentence that actually sounds kind of fun lmao, four player co-op based on Ego Trip where each Dexter has like a different role - manly Dexter is a tank, our Dexter is like DPS, old Dexter and wimpy Dexter are supports

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I wouldn‘t be surprised if he’s just dropped into the store for 6000 fighter currency, although they could make you grind in an event instead and have him cost way more than anything else in that event’s shop.

TBH, if they did have him Rift unlockable like they were apparently planning before all the backlash happened, it’d actually be pretty easy this season, unlike last season.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I did a bit of extra grinding today to get Prince Hotbod (the fancy Finn costume) from the battlepass sooner. I really wish he put the mask on properly during gameplay, instead of always having it raised up onto his forehead, though. (The mask not being worn properly looks especially weird when he’s facing to the side and doing flips and stuff.)

Anyway, see you all tomorrow after the Beetlejuice gameplay reveal! I’m probably not going to watch it live though.

Faso115

Smash Lord
For context, the last assassin we got was Marvin in November 15th, 2022. Roughly a year and a half ago.

His running animation looks a lot like Joker's huh. Well at least he looks fun! Wonder if there's going to be a showcase for his moveset before release.

ALSO ALSO. Did you see the Mojo boss fight? That's probably a sneak peak for the final rift.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
New Into the Verse scheduled for August 19th.

Ajax mentioned in another tweet that there are ”quite a few big combat changes to discuss” during the presentation. I wonder what they have in mind?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
MVP Pack 2 is now out for those with Xbox Game Pass.
Comes with a ringout based on Steven Universe character Lapis and a emote that is the F key on a keyboard (the Call of Duty Advanced Warfare “F to Pay Respects” meme)

Faso115

Smash Lord
Event and easy recolors. I do hope those are much easier to earn than the Circuit ones, cause grinding was not fun at all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
so is there a reason everyone has beetlejuise costumes?
The same reason we got Joker tees with Joker, hockey masks with Jason, and Matrix code skins with Agent Smith. Expect these sorts of things for most of the newcomers from here on out, I'd say.

Samurai Jack didn't get an accompanying skin set, but maybe they figured his launch was close enough to the Olympic sports skins that they didn't want to overlap, hence why so many missions in the opening rift of season two required a sports skin.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
The same reason we got Joker tees with Joker, hockey masks with Jason, and Matrix code skins with Agent Smith. Expect these sorts of things for most of the newcomers from here on out, I'd say.

Samurai Jack didn't get an accompanying skin set, but maybe they figured his launch was close enough to the Olympic sports skins that they didn't want to overlap, hence why so many missions in the opening rift of season two required a sports skin.
I thought the Cyber & Circuit Costumes worked with Samurai Jack's whole sent to the future aesthetic.

Top Bottom