• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I hadn't considered Mister Miracle or Big Barda, but they seem like they'd be a lot of fun - Mister Miracle could set traps like Snake or Villager, while Big Barda would be the tankiest tank in the line-up. Though I don't know if they'd both be added at once; that (along with Brainiac, Green Lantern, and whoever's been leaked that isn't on these comic covers) seems like it could run the risk of DC becoming this game's Fire Emblem in terms of taking up a disproportionate amount of space in a fairly small roster.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hadn't considered Mister Miracle or Big Barda, but they seem like they'd be a lot of fun - Mister Miracle could set traps like Snake or Villager, while Big Barda would be the tankiest tank in the line-up. Though I don't know if they'd both be added at once; that (along with Brainiac, Green Lantern, and whoever's been leaked that isn't on these comic covers) seems like it could run the risk of DC becoming this game's Fire Emblem in terms of taking up a disproportionate amount of space in a fairly small roster.
I'm not even sure they could add all of them one after another, especially given there are already quite a few other characters currently in development.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Big Barda and Mister Miracle doesn't do a lot for me but it's cool that we're getting more from DC than the obvious character. John Stewart and Brainiac are pretty hype imo.

I wonder if the little girl that nobody can recognise is an OC (top left of the third pic). I have pretty deep knowledge on DC and I have no clue who she could be, and I also asked on reddit if anyone can recognise her and nobody seems to know. Maybe she's a super deep cut but I don't know.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Hmmm, guys hear me out, i think Scooby Doo seems very likely.

Also, i'll assume anyone i don't recognize is a dc comics character
Hawkgirl is among them, I believe.
The "Red Tornado" character is Mr. Miracle , the "Hawkgirl" character is Big Barda. the other characters are the John Stewert Green Lantern and Branaic.

the little girl I don't recognise. Someone on that Reddit thread claims she is a new OC who is a humanoid version of Starro named Starrete, but I don't have a source on that.

Big Barda and Mister Miracle doesn't do a lot for me but it's cool that we're getting more from DC than the obvious character. John Stewart and Brainiac are pretty hype imo.
Worth noting the comics writer and artist have said characters being in this does not mean they're in the game, several characters who are not currently planned apparently feature

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The comic images are pretty cool. Nice to see some other characters appear, although in the comic image of Harley Quinn trying to smash the other characters, I don't recognize the character between the Wicked Witch and Shaggy.

anyone got the “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore” meme handy?
I think you have bigger problems if a fictional humanized DC villain is the breaking point for you to want to leave the planet.

Edit: I cannot believe that I just got ninja'd in regards to asking about the one character. Most people getting ninja'd happens when a person asks a question about something and people try to answer it or people trying to show off something new that was just announced, but here I get ninja'd by someone asking the same specific question before me. :skull:

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The comic images are pretty cool. Nice to see some other characters appear, although in the comic image of Harley Quinn trying to smash the other characters, I don't recognize the character between the Wicked Witch and Shaggy.

I think you have bigger problems if a fictional humanized DC villain is the breaking point for you to want to leave the planet.

Edit: I cannot believe that I just got ninja'd in regards to asking about the one character. Most people getting ninja'd happens when a person asks a question about something and people try to answer it or people trying to show off something new that was just announced, but here I get ninja'd by someone asking the same specific question before me. :skull:
i live in a country controlled by England I got plenty reason to want to leave

darkvortex

Smash Champion
comic description mentions a new villain named "Devoid"
. could be one of our mystery characters

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Am I super weird for thinking another OC character could be cool to have? We’d have the villain of Multiversus, and Reindog would have his nemesis. Depends on Devoid’s design, though.

On a side note, you know what‘d be cool for flavor purposes? If Devoid’s doubles teammate is always reskinned to be a void clone/ one of their minions. It’d probably be a filter of sorts that can be applied to any other skin, so Devoid’s teammate’s skin choice isn’t negated by this.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wonder if they're renaming The Nothing from the early beta lore.

Devoid > Da void > The Void > The Nothing, and all that.
Am I super weird for thinking another OC character could be cool to have? We’d have the villain of Multiversus, and Reindog would have his nemesis. Depends on Devoid’s design, though.
You're all wrong. Obviously, "Devoid" is this guy .
y6jrobz7nhu41.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All these comic covers make me want to try reading comics.
I am curious if there will be hard copy versions. Obviously I expect them to release on DC Universe Infinite, but what about a physical comic?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If the little girl is a humanoid version of Starro, then that's disappointing.

If we're getting Starro in this game, I'd want to play as the cyclops alien starfish monster!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Someone pointed out that side-by-side, the 2 unknown girls look similar aside from the color scheme of their outfits.
1724024856186.png
1724024884962.png

If the character on the right is implied to be Starro, maybe it's less humanoid Starro and maybe more Starro mind-control? Starro's mind control method is mainly akin to that like a facehugger, but Starro has mind controlled heroes somewhat differently before.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I see this as a perfect opportunity to go over the rumored future fighters. Here's a list of "priority" i mostly made up and let's see if this is true moving forward.

• Character that have voice files in the game: Aquaman, Powerpuff Girls, Wicked Witch of the West
  • Characters that have only a model: Marceline
  • Character hinted at in the launch trailer (plus some voicelines indirectly meant for them): Scooby Doo, Raven
  • Characters with circumstancial evidence: Dexter (Candi Milo confirming that she did voicework for two videogame appearances)
  • Characters with data, but heavily unfinished: Daffy Duck
  • Characters in limbo: Nubia, Pickle Rick, Ruby Rose

All that said, it's safe to say, barring a surprise release, that season 3 is PPG and Wicked Witch. PPG has the final season 2 rift potentially teasing their arrival and Wicked Witch is prominent in the upcoming comic book

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I see this as a perfect opportunity to go over the rumored future fighters. Here's a list of "priority" i mostly made up and let's see if this is true moving forward.

• Character that have voice files in the game: Aquaman, Powerpuff Girls, Wicked Witch of the West
  • Character hinted at in the launch trailer (plus some voicelines indirectly meant for them): Scooby Doo, Raven
  • Characters with circumstancial evidence: Dexter (Candi Milo confirming that she did voicework for two videogame appearances)

All that said, it's safe to say, barring a surprise release, that season 3 is PPG and Wicked Witch. PPG has the final season 2 rift potentially teasing their arrival and Wicked Witch is prominent in the upcoming comic book
At this point Nubia absolutely isn't in limbo. She has a full set of voice lines and code that indicates she herself will get alts, and her leaked model literally cannot be an alt because of the lack of a shield.

DC is a media juggernaut, it would be the Mario of the game where it took up a lot of space but it'd be deserved. Plus, the characters are genuinely cool and unique enough to warrant spots. DC has cool characters that lend themselves ridiculously well for a fighter. I for one, would love Mister Miracle, Big Barda and "Starro" alongside the obvious John Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, etc. Especially when the characters and IPs would put their money where their mouth is (since even Black Adam is fun).

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master

The Powerpuff Girls' got a model shown to be already finished so i think they alongside Nubia should be parred alongside Marceline.

Oh, and don't forget the stages that might tease certain characters such as Courage, Mickey, Barbie, Harry Potter, Etc.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Keep in mind the Starro thing came from like, one reddit comment lol. could easily not be the case

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
DC is a media juggernaut, it would be the Mario of the game where it took up a lot of space but it'd be deserved. Plus, the characters are genuinely cool and unique enough to warrant spots. DC has cool characters that lend themselves ridiculously well for a fighter. I for one, would love Mister Miracle, Big Barda and "Starro" alongside the obvious John Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, etc. Especially when the characters and IPs would put their money where their mouth is (since even Black Adam is fun).
People will literally ask for most minor side characters from Steven Universe and then act like mainstay DC heroes will be the bane of this game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Aren't those the same colours as Robin? Dunno if that means anything.
I think that might actually be the Carrie Kelley version of Robin (from The Dark Night Returns). Honestly if Robin gets in I'm expecting them go for Damian Wayne, unless they specifically base him off the Teen Titans cartoon series, which uses the Richard Grayson version.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think that might actually be the Carrie Kelley version of Robin (from The Dark Night Returns). Honestly if Robin gets in I'm expecting them go for Damian Wayne, unless they specifically base him off the Teen Titans cartoon series, which uses the Richard Grayson version.
Carrie Kelley's defining trait of her appearance is the fact that she wears glasses. That wouldn't track here.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Carrie is famously ginger

One current guess is that it's actually N’Vir, daughter of Mr. Miracle and Barda, due to her having design elements from both

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

…uh oh.

Into the Verse Stream notes:
1. Beetlejuice looks like fun with all the movie references. Aggressive, mobility focused, and one who isn’t too complicated.
2. Most of the inspiration for Beetlejuice came from the movie (in particular the sandworms coming out of the door was mentioned along with the spikes and eyes).
3. In 2s, Beetlejuice has a Passive where he gives a boxing glove to allies. After three attacks, Beetlejuice’s neutral special teleports Beetlejuice to the opponent.

Now for the non-Beetlejuice related items:
1. Afterlife Store is coming. Lets you buy Beetlejuice style skins for the fighters (or Beetlejuice’s Circuit Crew skin).
2. Ranked is getting changes. Grandmaster Rank is coming! Be in the top 100 to qualify and get a special banner. You can also now concede matches in a Best of 3 set. RP loss is now capped at all tiers.
3. Various gameplay changes. Dedge landing improvements are one. Techs are coming. Will only work on the floor, not walls or breakable surfaces. Speaking of walls, wall fatigue now starts faster plus reaching wall fatigue now prevents up dodges. Plus, meter will not recharge on the wall. Jabs are now lost when trading (Jab 3 is exempt) based on a new priority system. There will be a video coming to Youtube that would be more in depth.
4. Titans Tower is the mid season stage. Hitting the button in the middle changes the midair platforms, with the middle platform in one version requiring a double jump. It does revert after some time. On Titans Tower variant 1, the walls become unbreakable.
5. Netcode is getting updated.
6. Everyone can now be played in Local Mode!
7. There will be Velma changes in the patch. Along with other characters. Also characters can get new moves overtime (such as Jake getting a new move upon pressing neutral special after neutral air (this was in the last patch)). This also applies to what class a character can be.
8. Regarding Discord stages, content overviews will now be focused within the Into the Verse stream. The Discord stages will now be Community Engagement focused.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I love the little detail that in Teen Titans Tower that if you are playing Shaggy or Jake, they don't show up in the background.

Honestly i hope more random playable character show up in future stages. Makes the crossover aspect actually matter more.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Huh... so while the chalk move is based on the door drawing scene from the original, it's actually from the sequel where Beetlejuice draws a bomb.

Didn't expect the sequel to be referenced.

Edit:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
do you have to buy beetlejuice with fighter points?
Considering they didn't say how, I can only assume he'll be like Joker and be bought from the store.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Doesn't the new ground bounce tech thing make Jake's third hit of down air nearly impossible to hit? It doesn't have anywhere near enough horizontal acceleration for you to follow the opponent's tech direction. I wonder if they'll buff it or leave it as is.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Considering they didn't say how, I can only assume he'll be like Joker and be bought from the store.
Dang. I bought Morty for the event and now im forced to grind again to try out beetlejuice.

I'm pretty sure he will cost 6k. Im only halfway there at the very least

Top Bottom