• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought the Cyber & Circuit Costumes worked with Samurai Jack's whole sent to the future aesthetic.
I was thinking they could have been, but the specific branding as the MVS-original 20XXL makes me think it was coincidental.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Hmm, maybe it was that Jack happens to fit the cyber events so well they decided to launch him alongside those event.

Hmm, even thought the launch character for season 3 looks pretty obvious due to the final rift of this season, im going to keep an eye on whatever event or skin types they wanna release for season 3.

Ivander

Smash Legend
so is there a reason everyone has beetlejuise costumes?
As mentioned, likely to tie-in with Beetlejuice similar to how there were the Jason masks with Jason and the Matrix skins with Smith(and there were also skins consisting of characters wearing glasses similar to Neo's and Smith's, but they didn't release).

That said, compared to the Circuit skins, there aren't as many Beetlejuice skins. There were 20 characters with Circuit Drone skins, while there are 16 characters with Beetlejuice skins.

Spoilering because of leaks.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hmm, maybe it was that Jack happens to fit the cyber events so well they decided to launch him alongside those event.

Hmm, even thought the launch character for season 3 looks pretty obvious due to the final rift of this season, im going to keep an eye on whatever event or skin types they wanna release for season 3.
I'm expecting The Wicked Witch of the West and Scooby-Doo to be the next two characters after Beetlejuice due to the upcoming Multiversus comic book that will feature both characters prominently.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm expecting The Wicked Witch of the West and Scooby-Doo to be the next two characters after Beetlejuice due to the upcoming Multiversus comic book that will feature both characters prominently.
The next release is almost certainly the Powerpuff Girls because of the Mojo Jojo rift. My guess as of now is that the girls will release around the first week of September, and the Wicked Witch will release around mid-to-late September.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The Beetlejuice update is probably going to tell us who the next character is going to be
The next release is almost certainly the Powerpuff Girls because of the Mojo Jojo rift. My guess as of now is that the girls will release around the first week of September, and the Wicked Witch will release around mid-to-late September.
I'm honestly not convinced the Mojo Jojo rift means anything. There was the Dexter rift last season, and we have no clue when he's coming.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got a third character this season.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Beetlejuice update is probably going to tell us who the next character is going to be

I'm honestly not convinced the Mojo Jojo rift means anything. There was the Dexter rift last season, and we have no clue when he's coming.

On the other side of the coin though, Dexter has virtually nothing in the data yet, but the girls straight up have their models in.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Lausil is saying they're the the battle pass character

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Can you please start linking your claims instead of just saying it? On lausil's new account I see nothing of the sort, so cite your source.
Okay my bad there not outrightsaying it

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I wonder if they’ll ever redesign Joker’s Jokers Wild perk, since it’s probably the worst way to handle a “random” move. A random move either needs harsh risk/reward (like G&W’s Judge) or needs to be reactable by both the user and opponent (Peach‘s turnips, Faust’s items, Hero’s menu, ect.) I guess it’s more like Hero’s critical hits, but Hero can’t safely throw his smash attacks across the stage.

Maybe they could just have the powerful joker card be part of his regular cards instead of being a random modifier for his other cards. It’d still be very strong, but everyone could plan around it. Maybe the animation of Joker throwing this card would be a bit slower, though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This game needs significant combat changes. Hope they get their hitboxes/hurtboxes in order.
Based on a tweet of Nakat posting a running man in reply to a gif of Tom skating on ice, it's possible one of the changes being made will be a slight increase in game speed.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Yeah. I think it's just gonna be Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice this season, and next season is most likely just gonna be the Wicked Witch of the West and Scooby-Doo.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Yeah. I think it's just gonna be Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice this season, and next season is most likely just gonna be the Wicked Witch of the West and Scooby-Doo.
much more like to be powerpuff girls and wicked witch \ marcaline

darkvortex

Smash Champion
They’re way further in development than either of the characters you’re predicting. The comics might just mean nothing in the end.
Artist has straight up said a character being in the comic does not mean they are coming

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think we'll be getting PPGs anytime soon because they're not in the comics, which are releasing very soon.
The comic is only confirmed to have meant something for the Wicked Witch, likely given that with Scooby at least his franchise has been present in the game since launch. The Wicked Witch was also meant to release MUCH earlier than any other character that's been datamined saved for the obvious rights issues with Gandalf.

We're absolutely getting the Girls before Scooby. The data barely has anything for the latter, while the former has everything save for their moveset.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Lets not forget comics take a long time to write, ink, color, and get approved for syndication. This comic was likely written quite awhile ago considering we were hearing rumblings of itbefore the beta ended

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Lets not forget comics take a long time to write, ink, color, and get approved for syndication. This comic was likely written quite awhile ago considering we were hearing rumblings of itbefore the beta ended
And I think it's dropping this fall, and I think it points towards who will be coming next based on who they show prominently.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
And I think it's dropping this fall, and I think it points towards who will be coming next based on who they show prominently.
The entire point flew over your head, kid

This comic was in the works before they decided to go down for a year. They literally cannot have tried to sync it up if they wanted to. Obviously they're going to want to include the Witch by that point but she was already in development over a year ago. The PPG literally have a model in the game and dialogue already recorded and ready to go. They're coming soon, and Scooby is not coming until after them at minimum. We have NOTHING in the code for him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Powerpuff Girls didn't enter active development until the comic was finished and shelved. They're going to release soon regardless of the comic.

The ONLY character who factors into the comic's release is the Wicked Witch, because it was leaked that SHE SPECIFICALLY was the reason the comic was put on hold.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Here's a thought: Maybe the witch is not happening next season. Consider that two characters in this build have a model but are not out yet. And this season how many characters we got? 2. Safe to say next season is probably PPG and Marceline

Of course i could be wrong BUT we have no precedent to believe otherwise. Neither jack nor Beetlejuice had a model in the build before season 2. But then again, Beetlejuice's model is not present in the current build either.

Also not accounting the situation regarding Nubia, which we still don't know what might happen with her

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a thought: Maybe the witch is not happening next season. Consider that two characters in this build have a model but are not out yet. And this season how many characters we got? 2. Safe to say next season is probably PPG and Marceline

Of course i could be wrong BUT we have no precedent to believe otherwise. Neither jack nor Beetlejuice had a model in the build before season 2. But then again, Beetlejuice's model is not present in the current build either.

Also not accounting the situation regarding Nubia, which we still don't know what might happen with her
Honestly I still think the Wicked Witch is absolutely part of season three, if only because we know for a fact that the reason the comic was delayed for so long was because they wanted her to release first. Beetlejuice not having his model in the current build gives enough of a precedent for the same to be the case with her.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly I still think the Wicked Witch is absolutely part of season three, if only because we know for a fact that the reason the comic was delayed for so long was because they wanted her to release first. Beetlejuice not having his model in the current build gives enough of a precedent for the same to be the case with her.
Yep. I'm definitely sure that she's the next character. I'm not sure we'll get anyone else in Season 2 other than Jack and Beetlejuice.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
A new "Top Dog Challenge" has started, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the ones from Season 1, it's just a "grind EXP" event for some perk currency and 1/4 of a battlepass level.

Based on a tweet of Nakat posting a running man in reply to a gif of Tom skating on ice, it's possible one of the changes being made will be a slight increase in game speed.
I wonder if they'll include more of the predictable mechanics in their gameplay changes. Like blocking, since they already put dash attacks at launch.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I wonder if they'll include more of the predictable mechanics in their gameplay changes. Like blocking, since they already put dash attacks at launch.
I feel like blocking would take much more work to implement because they would need to add grab too and it would change the whole way of playing the game. I don't think we're going to have change that big for the battle system.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Hmmm, guys hear me out, i think Scooby Doo seems very likely.

Also, i'll assume anyone i don't recognize is a dc comics character
Brainiac and i think Red Tornado are there, the rest i assume are DC OR those kids from the first pages of the preview comic with more included.

Top Bottom