• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

darkvortex

Smash Champion
There will be a special announcement at EVO before the Mortal Kombat 1 top 6.
don't think this means scorpion \ sub-zero is in the season at all. We're not had any leaks about them, but I've all ways thought this would be the perfect place to reveal them

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There will be a special announcement at EVO before the Mortal Kombat 1 top 6.
Is this said to be an MVS announcement specifically? Because I know they're gonna let people try out Takeda in MK1 at EVO.

Faso115

Smash Lord
2 Looney rifts and i should be done. Man Megalodog still fair and balanced as usual

Btw, how the hell can you consistently beat Smith on Looney? Timer is way too tight for me to beat him at all

ivanlerma

Smash Master
2 Looney rifts and i should be done. Man Megalodog still fair and balanced as usual

Btw, how the hell can you consistently beat Smith on Looney? Timer is way too tight for me to beat him at all
Was Megalodog really that easy on looney?

cause i'm having trouble beating him on crushing.

Ivander

Smash Legend
cause i'm having trouble beating him on crushing.
Joker with his bazooka and Tom & Jerry with the slingshot, with the Run Away Gem that increases Dodge distance, can kite him without much issue if you have either of them. Heck, Tom & Jerry I think are part of the Weekly Rotation IIRC.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Joker with his bazooka and Tom & Jerry with the slingshot, with the Run Away Gem that increases Dodge distance, can kite him without much issue if you have either of them. Heck, Tom & Jerry I think are part of the Weekly Rotation IIRC.
i have Tom & Jerry so i'm good with them.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
On topic of season 2, I wonder if we'll get some characters that didn't leaked. Everyone is expecting Samurai Jack and Powerpuff girls and while I agree that at this point they make sense, it seems that season 2 themes (from the teasing we got) is cyber themed, and they don't really fit the theme. Maybe we'll get a surprise like DC's Cyborg for example, or maybe they just won't respect that much the theme for characters and the theme is mostly for skins.
It's possible as Agent Smith wasn't leaked at all. I think that the next season will be themed around the future, science, and technology.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Agent Smith was leaked though, through YouTube tags IIRC.
Not only that, but while Smith specifically wasn't leaked by this, textures for the Matrix code lines were found in the data right before the beta shut down. We knew for a while that Matrix content was coming.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
It's possible as Agent Smith wasn't leaked at all. I think that the next season will be themed around the future, science, and technology.
I do think that will be the how a lot of the costumes are themed but with live service games the characters don't fit the theme (Fortnite barely tries anymore)

At least three of the roumored characters still fit that theme PPG are an experiment, Jack is in the future, more moderen takes on Aquaman make Atlantis high tech

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Beetlejuice is my favorite scientist
I think that Beetlejuice is there for a name pun, as Betelgeuse (pronounced the same but with a different spelling) is the name of a star. As previously mentioned, the other leaked characters fit the theme of the future, science, and technology. Atlantis is depicted as high tech in most recent adaptations, Samurai Jack is canonically from the future, and the PPGs were created from a science experiment.
Not only that, but while Smith specifically wasn't leaked by this, textures for the Matrix code lines were found in the data right before the beta shut down. We knew for a while that Matrix content was coming.
While we did know Matrix content was coming, no one expected it to be Agent Smith. Everyone was expecting the Matrix rep to be Neo.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Beetlejuice is probably just there because if he is the rift character, and it takes a similar amount of rifts as Smith, he'll come out roughly around he time of his new movie
I think he might be the outlier for the theme as I believe he was pushed ahead purely for a movie promotion, although as he's named after a star he kinda fits.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think that Beetlejuice is there for a name pun, as Betelgeuse (pronounced the same but with a different spelling) is the name of a star. As previously mentioned, the other leaked characters fit the theme of the future, science, and technology. Atlantis is depicted as high tech in most recent adaptations, Samurai Jack is canonically from the future, and the PPGs were created from a science experiment.

While we did know Matrix content was coming, no one expected it to be Agent Smith. Everyone was expecting the Matrix rep to be Neo.
But it's still wrong to say he didn't leak at all when we knew we were getting a Matrix character for a year and a half before his reveal. Even if the specific common guess was wrong, he was still partially leaked.

I think he might be the outlier for the theme as I believe he was pushed ahead purely for a movie promotion, although as he's named after a star he kinda fits.
If he was pushed forward at all, it was by a negligible amount. Traces of him being in the game were there before the sequel was even publicly confirmed: he'd been in the works for a while. His placement in the character list internally suggests he was always meant to be one of the next few characters to be added, around the time Joker was meant to be added. Then the game infamously went into stasis for a year and change.

If Beetlejuice was pushed ahead at all to coincide with the movie, he only cut ahead of like, two characters at most. And that had more to do with the game itself being put on ice.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Kinda funny how 2 of the 4 season 1 characters were PFG mistakes. It was particularly silly with Banana Guard

Im on the mind that Banana Guard leaking was for the best, cause the raw reactions to him without the leaks would have been....something

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
But it's still wrong to say he didn't leak at all when we knew we were getting a Matrix character for a year and a half before his reveal. Even if the specific common guess was wrong, he was still partially leaked.
It's true that we knew we were getting Matrix content, but we had nothing else, so most people didn't expected Smith to release that early in season 1 because we had more information on others like Wicked Witch or Raven for years now. And beside we also had Jason who didn't leaked at all. So I could maybe see a similar scenario happening where everyone is expecting Bettlejuice or Aquaman but we have a more surprising character instead.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
One of the daily missions for the event is "Hit down specials as a Tom and Jerry character" but, like, what in T&J's kit does the game consider to be a down special? I've landed a whole lot of mousetraps and dynamites that didn't count. Some of them did, but it seems so inconsistent...

Edit: I completed the mission eventually, but it still definitely wasn’t working right.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Most of the cast have had costumes available for "free", be it through events or this season's Battle Pass. Here are the skins that haven't (excluding shark RNG).

• Shaggy
  • Garnet*
  • Bugs Bunny**
  • Batman
  • Arya
  • Rick
  • Morty
  • Gizmo
  • Marvin
  • The Joker
  • Agent Smith**
Garnet has an asterisk, because she had a skin given out via twitch drops. Bugs Bunny and Agent Smith have double asterisks because their only free skins are locked behind rift grinding. I'm not sure if any of them count or not)

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of the skins in the next battle pass come from this list of characters. Maybe the already revealed Rick and Morty skins will be in it?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Most of the cast have had costumes available for "free", be it through events or this season's Battle Pass. Here are the skins that haven't (excluding shark RNG).

• Shaggy
  • Garnet*
  • Bugs Bunny**
  • Batman
  • Arya
  • Rick
  • Morty
  • Gizmo
  • Marvin
  • The Joker
  • Agent Smith**

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of the skins in the next battle pass come from this list of characters. Maybe the already revealed Rick and Morty skins will be in it?
I sure hope so. Cause Lebron definitely needs a break after getting 3 free skins. Jake is another one that needs a break as they are supposedly getting a Circuit Crew skin in an upcoming event.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I sure hope so. Cause Lebron definitely needs a break after getting 3 free skins. Jake is another one that needs a break as they are supposedly getting a Circuit Crew skin in an upcoming event.
I'm pretty sure every character is going to get a circuit crew skin, similar to shark hat and Matrix code.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure every character is going to get a circuit crew skin, similar to shark hat and Matrix code.
That's assuming the Circuit Crew skins are those skins that were teased for Season 2. I certainly wouldn't be against getting some of those in general for free, but man, I'd like to get free skins for the characters I use on a regular basis.

osby

Smash Obsessed
One of the daily missions for the event is "Hit down specials as a Tom and Jerry character" but, like, what in T&J's kit does the game consider to be a down special? I've landed a whole lot of mousetraps and dynamites that didn't count. Some of them did, but it seems so inconsistent...

Edit: I completed the mission eventually, but it still definitely wasn’t working right.
A lot of "hit X move with this character" missions are harder than they look - either because they don't have a conventional hitbox or because the game doesn't count if you equip a projectile item with a move, and than hit someone with it (like Shaggy's sandwich).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A lot of "hit X move with this character" missions are harder than they look - either because they don't have a conventional hitbox or because the game doesn't count if you equip a projectile item with a move, and than hit someone with it (like Shaggy's sandwich).
Shaggy's sandwich inexplicably not counting is genuinely the biggest oversight imo. It screws me over so often lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The worst example of ridiculous attack missions for me was hitting Joker’s Pogo, but it wasnt actually his down air pogo stick and actually his aerial down special where he, I don’t know, lets out joker gas?

It wasn’t exactly hard, but they don’t help you in understanding half of these.

I’ve seen someone rage because they thought buying BMO as Finn meant buying the BMO announcer pack to complete the mission

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The worst example of ridiculous attack missions for me was hitting Joker’s Pogo, but it wasnt actually his down air pogo stick and actually his aerial down special where he, I don’t know, lets out joker gas?

It wasn’t exactly hard, but they don’t help you in understanding half of these.

I’ve seen someone rage because they thought buying BMO as Finn meant buying the BMO announcer pack to complete the mission
Oh my god that last one is ROUGH. On one hand I get that Finn's mechanics aren't automatically taught to the player but on the other hand how did they expect to buy the announcer pack twice?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I finally got Batman Who Laughs.

Got Evil Morty, SEAL Rick, and Ice King Banner in the process

IIRC, today might be when the new MultiVersus trailer drops. Or it could be a new Mortal Kombat trailer. Or it could even be next Friday. Just hedging my bets.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Faso115

Smash Lord
DC released their comic solicits for October and, as expected...yeah, the comic covers VERY prominently feature the Wicked Witch and Scooby.

View attachment 392576
Holy marvel vs capcom reference!

Also, Scooby just keeps showing up. If he's not season 3 or 4 then i will be super dissapointed

Top Bottom