• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Faso115

Smash Lord
I'm glad that both Jack and Beetlejuice look really good, aesthetically. They both translated incredibly well to the game's art style.

Genuinely it feels like they shot themselves in the foot with the class name. They mentioned during the discord AMA that they avoid giving the Assassin class to heroic characters (notably this may even be a corporate mandate, as we know from the original leaks that Batman was MEANT to be an Assassin at first). The only one who's bucked that trend is Finn. I've never really watched Adventure Time, but apparently others have said that Finn isn't entirely pure of heart so I guess that's the justification?
I wouldn't really mind if there weren't quests related to classes, making the bruiser quests much more easier to complete given the sheer number of options.

And if being a good guy is a reason for Jack not being an assassin, then at the very least Smith should have been one.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Apparently they are saying that more info will be shared this monday, prob related to Jack's moveset and ranked info.

I'm glad they are only doing 2 characters, although Jack was PERFECT for assassin, was another bruiser really necessary?

That also means most of the leaks were completely BS and i'm happy with that....except maybe more stuff will be datamined this tuesday
Have they said for sure we’re only getting two?

I don't know if this still files under spoiler territory, but the poster for Season 2 also includes the Water Tower stage in the back.

This all but confirms the Water Tower is coming to MultiVersus, but could this mean we'll get an Animaniacs character this season?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know if this still files under spoiler territory, but the poster for Season 2 also includes the Water Tower stage in the back.

This all but confirms the Water Tower is coming to MultiVersus, but could this mean we'll get an Animaniacs character this season?
They confirmed Water Tower would be in season two a while back. No word on the Warners yet.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Have they said for sure we’re only getting two?
Not really, but im not really expecting anything else. 2 characters per season is a nice balance.

Now we could maybe get a surprise reveal on monday, but im not holding my breath

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Something interesting I saw in a recent interview about the MeTV Toons channel is that the Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Pinky & the Brain are EXTREMELY expensive to license for syndication, especially when compared to Histeria and Freakazoid which are already on the network. I'm not sure if that would apply to this game, but it's interesting.

That being said, MVS has Animaniacs and PATB content already, and some kind of Tiny Toons rep was basically hard confirmed in the comeback trailer sooo....

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
What is your justification for that?
In the Road to Launch trailer, you can pretty clearly make out the vague colours a very specific piece of Tiny Toons promo art - I was really surprised nobody brought this up when the trailer came out because it's very obvious if you're familiar with the promo art for the Rueger shows.
Screenshot 2024-07-20 213802.png

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
In the Road to Launch trailer, you can pretty clearly make out the vague colours a very specific piece of Tiny Toons promo art - I was really surprised nobody brought this up when the trailer came out because it's very obvious if you're familiar with the promo art for the Rueger shows.
View attachment 392624
That was confirmed to be an existing part of the WB animation building they where in.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Not really, but im not really expecting anything else. 2 characters per season is a nice balance.

Now we could maybe get a surprise reveal on monday, but im not holding my breath
It is, but MAAAAN, I don't wanna have to wait another month for the PPG.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well you can unlock them early by spending 60 hours grinding Rifts over the course of the next seven weeks. How does that sound? :p

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Or even longer, since with the comics I'm definitely thinking that the next two new characters are The Wicked Witch of the West and Scooby-Doo.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Or even longer, since with the comics I'm definitely thinking that the next two new characters are The Wicked Witch of the West and Scooby-Doo.
I think we're gonna be waiting some time for Scooby. I really think he's just in the comic because it's Scooby

got a real hunch Raven might be in s3

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Beetlejuice looks like the devs hired Vivziepop to design his model. It isn’t bad, but not what I expected.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I know they are the same character type, but Beetlejuice looks a lot like Joker huh.

Man + Jonkler = Beetlejuice

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Beetlejuice looks like the devs hired Vivziepop to design his model. It isn’t bad, but not what I expected.
Was honestly expecting this guy

1721513436443.jpeg

ALSO

Looks like there's skins you can earn in Ranked mode

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know they are the same character type, but Beetlejuice looks a lot like Joker huh.

Honestly the funniest part about this is that Michael Keaton played Batman lmao.

Ivander

Smash Legend

It might be just the green hair, since both have green hair. Cause otherwise, they look decently different. The other thing likely to help differintiate them is Beetlejuice's poses.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think we gotta be getting one more character. Jack is battle pass, Beetlejuice is rifts, so who's there to spend fighter currency on?
I mean, they could make Jack the fighter you need to buy with Fighter currency and just put in a skin for Jack/another character as the Level 1 reward for the Battlepass.

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice
Powerpuff Girls fits with season 2 theme, traveled in time in 2 episodes and is a retro cartoon

ivanlerma

Smash Master
The Reddit leaker says they were confused to why this was renamed as they said the season was gonna be called "Discipline" which leaves me pretty confused if they're either telling the truth or just lying to cover their tracks.

Powerpuff Girls fits with season 2 theme, traveled in time in 2 episodes and is a retro cartoon
They time travelled by flying super quick and in another they got sucked through a time machine to chase Mojo Jojo.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The Reddit leaker says they were confused to why this was renamed as they said the season was gonna be called "Discipline" which leaves me pretty confused if they're either telling the truth or just lying to cover their tracks.

They time travelled by flying super quick and in another they got sucked through a time machine to chase Mojo Jojo.
People are still giving this person the benefit of the doubt? The twitter thread debunking it was pretty rock solid.

I'm thinking either Aquaman or Dexter.
No shot we're getting Dexter before PPG lmao. They were shown explicitly in trailers before Dexter.

They apparently used datamine info to insist the theme was "discipline", they're also doubling down on PPG and Aquaman happening this season and how unlikely it is that we're getting just 2 characters, so that'll be something to watch unfold.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
No shot we're getting Dexter before PPG lmao. They were shown explicitly in trailers before Dexter.

They apparently used datamine info to insist the theme was "discipline", they're also doubling down on PPG and Aquaman happening this season and how unlikely it is that we're getting just 2 characters, so that'll be something to watch unfold.
The detamime they're referring to was before their info. A new gem type was found called "discipline" with a Samurai Jack looking logo, I think it's obvious this person was just making existing info with their own stuff

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like how Jack comes with his own stage. None of the Season 1 characters had that.

So far, we have stages for DC Comics, Scooby-Doo!, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Rick & Morty, The Game of Thrones, Space Jam, and now Samurai Jack from the playable cast - with Dexter's Laboratory, The PowerPuff Girls, Animaniacs and Teen Titans (if count as separate from DC) having stages without a fighter.

That still leaves Tom & Jerry, The Iron Giant, Gremlins, The Matrix, Friday the 13th, Looney Tunes (if count as separate from Space Jam), and presumably Beetlejuice.

I don't think it's going to be in the near future but it'd be nice if most franchises got a home stage.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
With the PPG being teased in Joker's trailer, I can't help but feel like they NEED to come in season 2. Because, why else would they show them like that?

That still leaves Tom & Jerry, The Iron Giant, Gremlins, The Matrix, Friday the 13th, Looney Tunes (if count as separate from Space Jam), and presumably Beetlejuice.

I don't think it's going to be in the near future but it'd be nice if most franchises got a home stage.
Hopefully those datamined stages come sooner rather than later. It honestly sucks that there's like 3 different versions of Tree Fort, but we don't have a single Looney Tunes stage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With the Powerpuff Girls, it is probably worth noting that of the characters who have voice lines in the files but aren't yet released, they're the furthest down on the internal fighter order list. Of course they skip around the list a lot, but that combined with them being a three in one character may be why they're prioritizing fighters who were more complete first.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
With the Powerpuff Girls, it is probably worth noting that of the characters who have voice lines in the files but aren't yet released, they're the furthest down on the internal fighter order list. Of course they skip around the list a lot, but that combined with them being a three in one character may be why they're prioritizing fighters who were more complete first.
I also think that they're trying to make them work without them causing massive amounts of lag, so I think they might wind up completely changing how they work for the sake of the framerate.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also think that they're trying to make them work without them causing massive amounts of lag, so I think they might wind up completely changing how they work for the sake of the framerate.
At the stage of completion they're at, they're not going to just completely change how they work. That's literally insane and makes zero sense.

Plus they're a Pokémon Trainer-styled character. That's not something that would cause a ton of lag on a game like this: this isn't a 3DS game running on hardware five years outdated by the time it launched.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
At the stage of completion they're at, they're not going to just completely change how they work. That's literally insane and makes zero sense.

Plus they're a Pokémon Trainer-styled character. That's not something that would cause a ton of lag on a game like this: this isn't a 3DS game running on hardware five years outdated by the time it launched.
I thought it was gonna be more like Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom