• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holy marvel vs capcom reference!

Also, Scooby just keeps showing up. If he's not season 3 or 4 then i will be super dissapointed
At this point I'm genuinely expecting both the Wicked Witch and Scooby to be in season three so they can do a double reveal with the inevitable "and your little dog, too" joke.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
DC released their comic solicits for October and, as expected...yeah, the comic covers VERY prominently feature the Wicked Witch and Scooby.

View attachment 392576
Why does she have black eyes?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Steven in the comics is so jarring. It borders between deviantart fanart to being offputtingly on-model depending on which cover you pick

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wicked Witch looks fantastic, great to see Scooby-Doo get a lot of attention and I hope Bugs, Shaggy and Taz get those costumes eventually.
Also hope to see Tom & Jerry be prominent in the Wicked Witch comics, since this isn't their first time meeting each other. Wicked Witch having some in-game lines for Tom & Jerry would be great too.

Also hope that Bugs and the Wicked Witch have some lines that reference Witch Hazel.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
DC released their comic solicits for October and, as expected...yeah, the comic covers VERY prominently feature the Wicked Witch and Scooby.

View attachment 392576
There is another image that shows Wile E Coyote

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's my new prediction for Year 1 of Multiversus.
Season 2:
  • Samurai Jack (Battle Pass)
  • Powerpuff Girls (Shop, Day 1)
  • Aquaman (Shop, mid season)
  • Beetlejuice (Rifts)
This feels extremely obvious. Maybe we swap out Aquaman for Nubia, but Aquaman seems to be closer to completion.

Season 3:
  • Wicked Witch (Battle Pass)
  • Scooby-Doo (Shop, Day 1)
  • Marceline (Shop, mid season)
  • Raven (Rifts)
Once again, fairly obvious between the comics and the datamines.

Season 4:

• Dexter (Battle Pass)
  • Nubia (Shop, Day 1)
  • Ruby Rose (Shop, mid season)
  • Sub-Zero (Rifts)
Assuming the reddit leak is fake, Dexter is incredibly obvious. So is Ruby. I put Nubia here, because starting in Season 5 I think they'll only do three characters a season. Nubia, a semi-clone, is a good way to transition into that. And lastly, Sub-Zero. He hasn't been datamined, but we have some inkling a Mortal Kombat character is in the works. He's far enough out that it's feasible to have a character we don't yet know about, and would be a good "wintery" and "icy" character.

Season 5:

• Daffy Duck (Battle Pass)
  • Craig of the Creek (Shop, mid season)
  • Gandalf (Rifts)
Some of the last leaked characters, plus a character who had voice references way back. I think they want to have at least one CN character a season, because of how most fan requests are from that side of the company, and Craig is from a currently running show that's already been vaguely considered.

Season 6:
  • Mordecai (Battle Pass)
  • Daenerys (Mid Season)
  • Rosarch (Rifts)
No real evidence for these guys, just gut feelings

ivanlerma

Smash Master
So when the WWotW appeared in Munchkinland to threaten Dorothy, Glinda threatened that she should leave before someone drops a house on her, too, and the WWotW worriedly looked up at the sky upon hearing this, implying that it’d be effective against her, too.
I was still reminded of that episode were Jake was powerless and naked.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
When should we expect the trailer, if there is one, at EVO tomorrow? I know there's a certain time around a Mortal Kombat set but I can't remember what it was.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

View attachment 392576
Not to mention Wile E. Coyote as well here:
comics.jpg

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
When should we expect the trailer, if there is one, at EVO tomorrow? I know there's a certain time around a Mortal Kombat set but I can't remember what it was.

don't think they've gave a specific time since these things can run longer than expected it it should be around 1-ish PT. After KOF finales and just before MK finales

Last edited:
Since we have 1 or 2 hours left before the announcement, does anyone have their predictions laid out?

Here's mine:
  1. One character revealed minimum, with a bunch of strewn hints throughout.
  2. The character is Aquaman or Samurai Jack, and this character will be a Day 1 release.
  3. Some sort of hint at the end on what theme it is, like with The Joker working with others for Season 1.
But if we get two characters? While I would be ecstatic, that means they're hiding some business turmoil again.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Since we have 1 or 2 hours left before the announcement, does anyone have their predictions laid out?

Here's mine:
  1. One character revealed minimum, with a bunch of strewn hints throughout.
  2. The character is Aquaman or Samurai Jack, and this character will be a Day 1 release.
  3. Some sort of hint at the end on what theme it is, like with The Joker working with others for Season 1.
But if we get two characters? While I would be ecstatic, that means they're hiding some business turmoil again.
Cinematic trailer that reveals everybody, but only shows gameplay for one or two of them.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For those curious, Samurai Jack will be available Tuesday.

Beetlejuice will come out later in the season.

If its another rift grind I’ll assist with everyone who wants him without paying currency.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Apparently they are saying that more info will be shared this monday, prob related to Jack's moveset and ranked info.

I'm glad they are only doing 2 characters, although Jack was PERFECT for assassin, was another bruiser really necessary?

That also means most of the leaks were completely BS and i'm happy with that....except maybe more stuff will be datamined this tuesday

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Really cool to see Jack and looking at his currant moveset, I'm going to be playing him quite a lot. Quite curious on whether we get Jack with Currency like Joker or on the BattlePass like Jason.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm glad that both Jack and Beetlejuice look really good, aesthetically. They both translated incredibly well to the game's art style.

Apparently they are saying that more info will be shared this monday, prob related to Jack's moveset and ranked info.

I'm glad they are only doing 2 characters, although Jack was PERFECT for assassin, was another bruiser really necessary?

That also means most of the leaks were completely BS and i'm happy with that....except maybe more stuff will be datamined this tuesday
Genuinely it feels like they shot themselves in the foot with the class name. They mentioned during the discord AMA that they avoid giving the Assassin class to heroic characters (notably this may even be a corporate mandate, as we know from the original leaks that Batman was MEANT to be an Assassin at first). The only one who's bucked that trend is Finn. I've never really watched Adventure Time, but apparently others have said that Finn isn't entirely pure of heart so I guess that's the justification?

Top Bottom