• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Their leaked voice lines imply that you swap between them like a stance change.
I wonder…

PT gets i-frames when they swap. Will PPG get treated the same way?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wonder…

PT gets i-frames when they swap. Will PPG get treated the same way?
Honestly what could be cool is if the swap also acted as a counter. I-frames on the swap followed by the next girl entering with a flying punch to the face.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Honestly what could be cool is if the swap also acted as a counter. I-frames on the swap followed by the next girl entering with a flying punch to the face.
now that is a interesting idea. not just for the PPG but for any characters who function like this

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I thought it was gonna be more like Ice Climbers.
My guess is, personally, they’re both. You can swap out the lead PPG and the others will assist or participate in group attacks, and then obviously whoever you decide to lead with has their own role in the gameplan and individual strengths.

Like Pyra and Mythra too, where they probably share a lot of their attacks. But also similar to the “Rex and Pyra” concepts that used to get tossed around, with lots of “leader attacks first and partner follows up” type attacks. Just my speculation but this is how I’ve been interpreting it.

Honestly, making the Powerpuff Girls into a 3-in-1 stance fighter is my preferred way of making them playable. Granted, my actually preferred way to do this is to give them three separate slots, but if we have to cram the girls in one, going the Pokemon Trainer route would be the best case scenario.

Also, they're probably going to bring up Princess Morbucks when they interact with Batman. Just calling that out now.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'll see what happens. I'm keeping my expectations to two characters until shown otherwise.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Give Buttercup a special one were she combos you with a punch and kick attack.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Does beetleguise have much to do with time?
He did time travel in the cartoon a couple times.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if part of it was a play on Jack and Beetlejuice having a moment of No activity until a long time after.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think “Back in Time” is more of a reference to them being older IPs than strictly time travel. :nifty:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think “Back in Time” is more of a reference to them being older IPs than strictly time travel. :nifty:
Tbf, first-season newcomers weren't exactly super new outside of maybe Banana Guard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tbf, first-season newcomers weren't exactly super new outside of maybe Banana Guard.
Yeah but they made the themes based on 3/4 being villains.

Older IPs was legitimately my best guess on this seasons theme. If it’s just a reference to Samurai Jack, then does the name of any given season even need to correlate with all newcomers?

Faso115

Smash Lord
People try really hard to find a theme to fit for every character release when in reality most themes are probably made up on the spot or focusing on one character.

This happens a lot in Overwatch. Illari is a sun themed hero but the Battlepass was themed around a robot faction. Venture is an archeologist with a big drill and the BP theme was OW characters from an alt universe.

What i'm saying is, maybe the season themes are gonna be based more on what happens on the rifts and less on the characters in it. Cause so far, "Back in Time" barely ties to Beetlejuice unless you do some mental gymnastics

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but they made the themes based on 3/4 being villains.

Older IPs was legitimately my best guess on this seasons theme. If it’s just a reference to Samurai Jack, then does the name of any given season even need to correlate with all newcomers?
There's a possibility that newcomers aren't chosen based on the theme. If I have to guess, they probably decide on a rough theme based on the characters and maybe shift a fighter or two depending on it.

Like, the first season had a villain theme and the third one seemingly will be a Halloween one but this one's theme seems kinda vague compared to those - making me think this one might be more related to the story than the characters. But I'm just spitballing. :drshrug:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It really is just a case for the seasons being named for, specifically, their marquee newcomer. Season one was Joker, season two was Samurai Jack.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The Time theme could also be somewhat related to some of the skins we're going to get. We were shown 3 Cyber/Futuristic skins with Morty, Rick and Superman and one of the themes that a lot of characters are getting is a Futuristic Neon-color theme.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Time theme could also be somewhat related to some of the skins we're going to get. We were shown 3 Cyber/Futuristic skins with Morty, Rick and Superman and one of the themes that a lot of characters are getting is a Futuristic Neon-color theme.
But that’s forward in time :sakbanjo:

Well then why bother giving the seasons names at all?
1721663053470.png

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why do people still think the game will shutdown in 3 weeks when it was stated multiple times that it was a succes and if anything WB buying the studio should prove that they're confident in the project.
Because WB has shown it's willing to shoot itself in the foot if it means short term profits.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
More updates:

1. The weakened max stacks is now 3

2. Some stages in ranked will be more competitive with less hazards. For example, the Water Tower door won’t open and no balloons spawn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom