• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Even more updates:

1. Battle Pass content will include Jack, Buddy’s Book Garnet, Jack’s Announcer pack, Teth Adam (based on his origins), the Samurai Shuffle, Pink Diamond Steven and a Share the Love emote, The Unmentionables Bugs (from the Smith rift cinematic), a profile icon for the Iron Giant called “You Stay”, Biker Gizmo (to go with Biker Stripe, he still drives the car), Scooby Snack ringout (art seems based on Be Cool Scooby Doo), the Party God profile icon), Black Adam’s Entertained Yet?, Randy Butternubs and Prince Hotbod (Jake and Finn skins), Peanut Butter Jelly Time (Banana Guard emote, yes they did it), Regeneration Suit Superman (love the hair), an Aku holding a phone profile icon, and Jack wearing Samurai armor.

2. Titans Tower is coming mid season! Will be shown off next episode.

3. Few new currencies:
Medals: For sports skins. Can also be used to unlock fighters (Finn, T&J, Arya, LeBron, Marvin) or if you have all the fighters convert them to currency (including Gleamium). For missions, all missions for an event will be given at once instead of trickling.

4. Rift changes:
Only one gem this season (Discipline) and only 4 rifts this season (gems do not reset, with there being additional missions for the older gem types). In the first rift, the fighters investigate how and why Samurai Jack is here. No characters will be unlocked from Rifts. Instead you can earn XP, a badge, and a Companion Gem type (Toasty). The way this works is Toasty spawns in the rift and each gem you get levels up Toasty. The event also progresses via how many stars you get in the rift. For difficulties, each rift now has 2 specific difficulties per rift. One will always be easy, with each upcoming rift having one extra level.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
New Prestige shop skins are Mecha Rick, Mecha Morty, and Wonder Woman 1984 (gold armor). Plus all skins will remain and currency will not reset.

More updates:
1. Leaderboards are returning, for ranked and unranked, and for each individual character.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
The fact that the leaker never mentioned the PFG acquisitation is the final nail in the coffin

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
discipline gem was already datamined I'm pretty sure
I didn’t know tbh, I’m assuming this was also mined before the Reddit post.

Plus all skins will remain and currency will not reset.
****, they got my $40. I should’ve just let it sit.

Im not interested in getting the new skins so my next big purchase will be the Shazam ringout

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Another rift update: older rifts will not be vanishing. There will be a drop down allowing you to access each season’s rifts.

Edit: Agent Smith and Jason will be available for Fighter Currency tomorrow. Jack will be available for Fighter Currency starting in Season 3.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
New Prestige shop skins are Mecha Rick, Mecha Morty, and Wonder Woman 1984 (gold armor). Plus all skins will remain and currency will not reset.

More updates:
1. Leaderboards are returning, for ranked and unranked, and for each individual character.
Ohhh...

I want the 1984 skin. I'm also really glad that the old prestige rewards aren't going away.

But, if there is a leaderboard for unranked, why is it unranked?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It seems like the negative reaction toward the rift grind for Agent Smith made them just reverse course on characters being tied to rifts entirely lol.

Glad for a lot of the quality of life changes. Samurai Jack looks amazing, and here's hoping the method to get Beetlejuice now that rifts are gone is easier. I might actually spring for the battlepass this season to get Jack.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Thoughts of the stream:

1. No character reveal. Maybe we'll get one later after Beetlejuice releases (hopefully wont be in a month)
  2. The rift changes are nice. I just hope all the stars are earnable for F2P's (so hopefully no paid skins are required)
  3. Seeing the Teen Titans Tower officially was pretty cool. The stage looks pretty nice. I do wonder what the third version is gonna look like
  4. Jack looks AWESOME!
  5. Battle Pass looks pretty good aswell. The Steven skin looks awesome and might be my favorite skin from the pass, aside from the Tier 70 Samurai Jack skin

Faso115

Smash Lord
I do wonder if Beetlejuice is straight up an event character or just another joker situation where he will cost 6k.

Prob the latter but it would be cool if they do something special with him.

Also, event skins are pretty cool. I also like events let you buy the characters with medals. Of the ones shown i already have Marvin, i'm probably gonna get Finn and Arya from events

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Why do people still think the game will shutdown in 3 weeks when it was stated multiple times that it was a succes and if anything WB buying the studio should prove that they're confident in the project.
Now people are saying it's gonna lead to battle passes being expensive like with Fall Guys or Fortnite, can i just try to enjoy the game without hearing negative talk?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Really liking the QOL changes, some of the Events they are planning look good, with the option to get Fighters without Fighter Currency and to choose which skins you want to get looking quite nice, cool to see a new stage coming mid-season and can't wait to try out Samurai Jack. Also, great news on the Prestige shop keeping previous stuff and keeping points between new additions.
And the Season 2 Battlepass skins look great. While there are a bunch of skins for characters I don't main, they all look really good and there isn't a single one I dislike, compared to the Season 1 Battlepass where there were a couple skins I was not a fan of. Also, there are 3 Epic skins compared to just She-devil Taz, so I'm quite curious on the difference of Prestige Points between Season 1's Pass and Season 2's pass, since Season 1's Pass gave around 60,000 points altogether IIRC.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Now people are saying it's gonna lead to battle passes being expensive like with Fall Guys or Fortnite, can i just try to enjoy the game without hearing negative talk?
Isn’t the battlepass about the same as those already? Or at least it’s similar to the Fall Guys ones, as a longtime Fall Guys player. I guess MVS gives out way more free currency than FG does though.

Notably, though, from the pictures in the stream, the new MVS pass only has 900 Gleamium, which is 50 short of being able to buy the season 3 pass. This shouldn’t be a huge issue for more dedicated players since there’s ways to get extra gleamium (such as from the battlepass infinite tier) but still.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
In hindsight, it was ludicrous that so many of us were expecting four characters a season. We were mocking the "character every other week" rumor in May, and then we turn around and start parroting it as fact. I'm not saying this to belittle others, I'm floored I believed it myself.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I think it's actually not impossible Pennywise is this season or next. they where pretty heavily hinting at him again today

Faso115

Smash Lord
Hmm, so here's a breakdown on speculation:

So Season 2 confirmed 2 characters: Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice, one is meant for launch, the other for mid-season. Assuming no surprise reveals later, this is how future season will be moving forward

Now, how do we figure out the "priority" of characters likely to come out? Well, we have the official and unofficial way

Officially, it should be:

• Hinted at the launch trailer: Aquaman, Wicked Witch, PPG, Raven, Marceline, Scooby Doo, Daffy Duck, Dexter
  • Hinted at during a livestream: Pennywise
  • The comic book could be also considered, but im saving my thoughts on that till season 3.

Unofficially is all leaks
Datamined voicelines for Jack, Aquaman, PPG, Wicked Witch, Beetlejuice, Nubia, Pickle Rick. Some characters also mention other characters that were future proofed, like Marceline, Raven or Ruby Rose
We had the reddit leak that was completely fake. We also had Fumo leaks, who's right in predicting Jack but whiffed with PPG (if u are wondering, Fumo leaks had this info before the datamines, but held it off and revealed after the datamines happened). So fumo has some credibility, but take some of it with a grain os salt

What can we expect? Hard to say, Jack was part of the teased characters in the launch trailer but Beetlejuice had no actual hints from the official side, we only knew of him thanks to leaks. I personally believe the launch trailer hints are higher priority, but PFG can switch it up if they desire to do so

In short, i predict 2 characters per season, giving priority to the ones hinted at during the launch trailer. This doesn't mean it's guaranteed as Beetlejuice proved it, but worth keeping in mind. This doesn't rule out surprise characters after the mid-season, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's also, I think, worth mentioning the internal data order again. Basically, this is the order of the unreleased fighters within the data.

C022 - Wicked Witch
C024 - Beetlejuice
C025 - Raven
C026 - Samurai Jack
C027 - Nubia
C029 - Aquaman
C030 - Powerpuff Girls
C031 - Marceline
C033 - Ruby Rose
C040 - Mr. Meeseeks

In addition, Daffy and Gandalf currently have non-numbered code names, and entries for C032, C037, C038, and C039 are all blank.

The reason I bring this up is that out of the unreleased characters, Jack and Juice were two of the four earliest in the code. And if you're to believe that Wicked Witch is being held off to coincide with both Halloween and the comic release, as PapaGenos has said, that makes sense. And then considering Titans Tower is coming, Raven probably isn't far behind anyway.

So the line up being these two at least makes sense.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
It's also, I think, worth mentioning the internal data order again. Basically, this is the order of the unreleased fighters within the data.

C022 - Wicked Witch
C024 - Beetlejuice
C025 - Raven
C026 - Samurai Jack
C027 - Nubia
C029 - Aquaman
C030 - Powerpuff Girls
C031 - Marceline
C033 - Ruby Rose
C040 - Mr. Meeseeks

In addition, Daffy and Gandalf currently have non-numbered code names, and entries for C032, C037, C038, and C039 are all blank.

The reason I bring this up is that out of the unreleased characters, Jack and Juice were two of the four earliest in the code. And if you're to believe that Wicked Witch is being held off to coincide with both Halloween and the comic release, as PapaGenos has said, that makes sense. And then considering Titans Tower is coming, Raven probably isn't far behind anyway.

But then what about Scooby then? he's in the comic so where does that put him?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But then what about Scooby then? he's in the comic so where does that put him?
I mean, my own speculation is that he's probably C032, but that's just me. He's not associated with a character number yet.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In hindsight, it was ludicrous that so many of us were expecting four characters a season. We were mocking the "character every other week" rumor in May, and then we turn around and start parroting it as fact. I'm not saying this to belittle others, I'm floored I believed it myself.
I think it was more that we had good reason to believe they had a sizable backlog of characters due to being gone for so long.

Apparently not though, which only then makes the possibility of clones even more disappointing.

Honestly, if we just get the characters currently leaked, all I really want after that point is Ben 10.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it was more that we had good reason to believe they had a sizable backlog of characters due to being gone for so long.

Apparently not though, which only then makes the possibility of clones even more disappointing.

Honestly, if we just get the characters currently leaked, all I really want after that point is Ben 10.
I mean it'd more so be that they have a backlog but don't want to blow through it fast enough to be left with nothing again, like what happened at the end of the beta. Like we know characters like Beetlejuice, Samurai Jack, and the Wicked Witch have been either done or almost done for over a year. But it also takes significantly more time to develop new ones from scratch.

I think that's best exemplified by the three season one characters who are furthest in the data: Banana Guard, Jason, and Agent Smith. None of those three were in production before the beta shut down, as the last ones to enter the data in the beta shutdown update were the Powerpuff Girls. Of them, Jason was completed within that year and Agent Smith was mostly completed, but still incomplete (when season one came out, Smith was playable but notably was missing a LOT of effects). And then Banana Guard is cobbled together from reused assets with very simple move animations.

So to me at least, it seems like they're spacing out the pre-shutdown leak characters in order to add, work on, or finish newer characters, making sure not to go far enough ahead that they blow through the backlog.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I also want to mention how usually leaks are right when they have less detail.

Reddit leaker had way too much detail, to the point that someone managed to spot inconsistencies. Also, anything it got right was piggybacking from datamines.

FUMO leaks only got Jack right, but this was day 1 and seemingly had the info before the game, just held it off. But their claims were Jack and PPG, no extra details (although it is a bit sus)

Also, datamines can be wrong too as they can make changes on the fly which is why Beetlejuice is no longer a rift character. Although it did spoil the surprise of his reveal :p

Last edited:
It seems like the negative reaction toward the rift grind for Agent Smith made them just reverse course on characters being tied to rifts entirely lol.

Glad for a lot of the quality of life changes. Samurai Jack looks amazing, and here's hoping the method to get Beetlejuice now that rifts are gone is easier. I might actually spring for the battlepass this season to get Jack.
Thank GOD, I ******* about it in the thread before but Agent Smith being rifts was atrocious and was objectively bad marketing/design decision to do a "play rifts to get him" only for it to be convoluted and take over month of directly grinding rifts to get him despite Smith directly being front and center on the events since day 1. Horrible. Never do that again.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
do we have pics of these new costumes?
I know images of the Battlepass Skins, the Sport skins, the Prestige skins and a still image featuring the 3 Cyber skins for Tom&Jerry, Superman and Arya are on the Multiversus Reddit. Don't know if those ones are the ones you are talking about.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the ones sneaklink listed earlier

They're in the live stream which I think is archived over on their twitch.
cheers I’ll take a look

I know images of the Battlepass Skins, the Sport skins, the Prestige skins and a still image featuring the 3 Cyber skins for Tom&Jerry, Superman and Arya are on the Multiversus Reddit. Don't know if those ones are the ones you are talking about.
See above

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

C022 - Wicked Witch
C024 - Beetlejuice
C025 - Raven
C026 - Samurai Jack
C027 - Nubia
C029 - Aquaman
C030 - Powerpuff Girls
C031 - Marceline
C033 - Ruby Rose
C040 - Mr. Meeseeks

Raven being the second character in Season 3 makes sense, but there are a few things giving me pause.

1. Titans Tower being added this season. I'm not gonna pretend the way they're releasing stages makes any sense, so take this with a grain of salt. The Powerpuff Girls probably aren't coming until season 4, and Dexter and the Animaniacs are even further away, so releasing their stages early makes some sort of sense (vise versa for things like Camp Crystal Lake and Back to the Past). But if Titans Tower and Raven are ready to be released within two months of eachother, why wouldn't you just sync things up just a little bit more?

2. The Wicked Witch and Raven are somewhat similar. Obviously the two will play entirely differently, but they're both Mages (both thematically and almost assuredly class-wise). For as little as the class system matters, I think they'll want variety within the characters in a season.

I think either Scooby or Marceline will end up being the second S3 character. Both fit the Halloween theme, but are drastically different from the Wicked Witch (the former will probably be a bruiser, and you could probably get away with making Marcy an assassin). Neither of them are as complete as Raven, but being preceded by three characters that have been in the works for awhile should give them plenty of wiggle room. Raven would then release in Season 4 or 5.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean it'd more so be that they have a backlog but don't want to blow through it fast enough to be left with nothing again, like what happened at the end of the beta. Like we know characters like Beetlejuice, Samurai Jack, and the Wicked Witch have been either done or almost done for over a year. But it also takes significantly more time to develop new ones from scratch.

I think that's best exemplified by the three season one characters who are furthest in the data: Banana Guard, Jason, and Agent Smith. None of those three were in production before the beta shut down, as the last ones to enter the data in the beta shutdown update were the Powerpuff Girls. Of them, Jason was completed within that year and Agent Smith was mostly completed, but still incomplete (when season one came out, Smith was playable but notably was missing a LOT of effects). And then Banana Guard is cobbled together from reused assets with very simple move animations.

So to me at least, it seems like they're spacing out the pre-shutdown leak characters in order to add, work on, or finish newer characters, making sure not to go far enough ahead that they blow through the backlog.
I suppose that makes enough sense, though I would say it's weird that they would have started new characters before finishing old ones. Not that I'm complaining - they definitely wanted to use that Jason license - but it is a bit of a weird call imo

SneakyLink SneakyLink Is your offer still standing to help with bosses for Looney? I want to get the Smith skin but my gems aren't high enough. I'm at 22 rn

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
SneakyLink SneakyLink Is your offer still standing to help with bosses for Looney? I want to get the Smith skin but my gems aren't high enough. I'm at 22 rn
I actually don’t have Looney unlocked on all the rifts so I can’t help you with the Smith skin. My initial offer was solely to assist with getting Smith.

I think Faso115 Faso115 has the Smith skin. Maybe he can assist you with getting the skin?

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know those stages that Aisul leaked? I remember there being
Cat Concerto, a Pinky and the Brain stage, and Camp Crystal Lake, but wasnt there a stage with some type of eggs?

Top Bottom