• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Does anyone have a tactic towards Shaggy & Velma in the Megalodog Rift? i'm having trouble beating them with character i don't have the shark hats for.

Only the final point counts. This means to get Smith, you have to do the following:
All Easy Rifts
The 3 Normal Rifts
The 6 Crushing Rifts
Any 3 Insanity Rifts
Screw Crushing Mode, i ain't dealing with another moment of irritating annoyance, at this point it'd rather wait til' smith is on the shop.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Last rift was cute. It was nice that there were a lot more character interactions in this one.

I'm still sore that that one Reddit leaker's claim that Dexter was meant to be part of this season lines up even better now that he's "featured" one last time in this one. Hoping he's just pushed back rather than scrapped for good.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Last rift was cute. It was nice that there were a lot more character interactions in this one.

I'm still sore that that one Reddit leaker's claim that Dexter was meant to be part of this season lines up even better now that he's "featured" one last time in this one. Hoping he's just pushed back rather than scrapped for good.
If it's any consolation, someone over on Twitter went into a whole thread debunking that "leak." Among other interesting things, they pointed out that despite the claim that Scooby was put on indefinite hold...the mid season one balance patch added in something directly tied to him, and the file name suggests it's character related and not series related (Harley and Wonder Woman had the same sort of thing added and it shows as their names, not DC).
GSa1PGAWsAAvbi-.jpeg

As well, they fact checked their claims about Steven and Garnet being among the least played characters: they aren't. According to tracker.gg, there are quite a few characters ranked below them. Funny enough, when averaging 1v1 and 2v2 together, the least used character is actually Reindog, being dead last in 2v2 and second to last in 1v1.

So thankfully, things are pointing to it being fake.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If it's any consolation, someone over on Twitter went into a whole thread debunking that "leak." Among other interesting things, they pointed out that despite the claim that Scooby was put on indefinite hold...the mid season one balance patch added in something directly tied to him, and the file name suggests it's character related and not series related (Harley and Wonder Woman had the same sort of thing added and it shows as their names, not DC).

As well, they fact checked their claims about Steven and Garnet being among the least played characters: they aren't. According to tracker.gg, there are quite a few characters ranked below them. Funny enough, when averaging 1v1 and 2v2 together, the least used character is actually Reindog, being dead last in 2v2 and second to last in 1v1.

That’s good to hear. That leak was pretty dire so that’s good news (though I totally would have been cool with a Totally Spies character.)

Do you have the link to the thread on you? I’d like to see.

What’s interesting is I saw a lot of SU and GOT banners while playing today. Even if the leak is fake, it’s probably inspired some purchases.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion

We also have the game files themselves and more trusted leakers pointing to Nubia being very much still in

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That’s good to hear. That leak was pretty dire so that’s good news (though I totally would have been cool with a Totally Spies character.)

Do you have the link to the thread on you? I’d like to see.

What’s interesting is I saw a lot of SU and GOT banners while playing today. Even if the leak is fake, it’s probably inspired some purchases.
Sure thing! Here's the thread.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
when do you think we get a tease for season 2's line up?
The season starts next Tuesday, so I have to imagine it'll be soon. I think they'll announce a character trailer tomorrow, release it on Wednesday (Samurai Jack), and have a more in-depth discussion about the season on Friday or next Monday.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m going to gamble and… gasp… spend money so I can clutch Batman Who Laughs before the season ends.

Unless someone’s confirmed that the Prestige store picks aren’t being rotated, but I’m pretty sure they are. I need 13k more points.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Ajax seems to be implying a trailer is dropping soon.

Which btw, EVO starts this friday

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Mortal Kombat 1 is at EVO this year.

So part of it could be hyping up the Mortal Kombat community.

For now, let us hope we get a trailer sooner rather than later.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I’m going to gamble and… gasp… spend money so I can clutch Batman Who Laughs before the season ends.

Unless someone’s confirmed that the Prestige store picks aren’t being rotated, but I’m pretty sure they are. I need 13k more points.
Yeah, I don't like that people have been asking about whether stuff in the Prestige shop rotates or stays and there hasn't been an answer in regards to that yet. And that's often not a good sign.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

He's also been heavily hinting at a certain character. Namely

Marceline.

I don't wanna complain too much but can we like, give Adventure Time a break and get some new series in instead of quad dipping into the same thing yet again? We just got an Adventure Time character and I already think it's overrepped on a roster this size. Where are PPG? Where's Ruby? Where are other WB icons like Fred Flintstone? Why do we have to keep coming back to AT?

darkvortex

Smash Champion

Marceline.

I don't wanna complain too much but can we like, give Adventure Time a break and get some new series in instead of quad dipping into the same thing yet again? We just got an Adventure Time character and I already think it's overrepped on a roster this size. Where are PPG? Where's Ruby? Where are other WB icons like Fred Flintstone? Why do we have to keep coming back to AT?
could we see these hints? I 'm Not seeing anything

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Out of the series in Multiversus, I haven't seen Adventure Time, the Iron Giant (it's a single movie rather than a series, but I don't think I've ever seen it), or Steven Universe. (I haven't seen Gremlins 1, though I have seen Gremlins 2, and while I haven't watched much of Game Of Thrones, I've read the books) Are they worth watching?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
could we see these hints? I 'm Not seeing anything
His tweets from yesterday include 3 gifs, two of which I imagine are hinting at her, though the third I can't really figure out what it could mean.

The first is just a gif of Finn and Jake surfing on a dolphin, with the text saying "Adventure Time." Pretty obvious.
The second is of Arya giving a coy smile directly from an episode of GoT.
The third is the famous "Zoinks" animation from the original series. I imagine Shaggy would be pretty scared by a vampire.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Marceline.

Seems like after this, that's it for a while. We haven't heard about any other AT characters after Marceline in the datamines or leaks.

AT must be a really easy IP to work with as far as like, talking to the relevant people for approval. You hear so much about how WB keeps rejecting or restricting this and that, and then we get Banana Guard.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
His tweets from yesterday include 3 gifs, two of which I imagine are hinting at her, though the third I can't really figure out what it could mean.

The first is just a gif of Finn and Jake surfing on a dolphin, with the text saying "Adventure Time." Pretty obvious.
The second is of Arya giving a coy smile directly from an episode of GoT.
The third is the famous "Zoinks" animation from the original series. I imagine Shaggy would be pretty scared by a vampire.
I could see this but I dunno it feels like a bit of stretch

Seems like after this, that's it for a while. We haven't heard about any other AT characters after Marceline in the datamines or leaks.

AT must be a really easy IP to work with as far as like, talking to the relevant people for approval. You hear so much about how WB keeps rejecting or restricting this and that, and then we get Banana Guard.
There has been talk of Fiona. I think Genos hinted at her forever ago

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Personally speaking, if we had just gotten Marceline, I'd still be annoyed but less so. Like I said, we JUST got one. We STILL do not have any classic CN on the roster ingame yet. There are only 14 series total represented with a 27 character roster. DC getting so many makes sense, but a franchise as relatively niche as AT (by comparison) does not need to take up 1/9th of the lineup.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Finally finished doing the final 3 Rifts. Joker's Boss battle was still a pain, but thankfully, thanks to the Horror gem that summons a Smoke bomb and gives you protection against the projectiles, not as much. The other two that gave me trouble were the Watermelon Stevens and Triple Threat, but anyway, got Matrix Wonder Woman, Matrix Smith and the Gleamium. Got all of the Agent Smith Event stuff. I can now relax from Rifts besides some character EXP grinding, and maybe the occasional fight against the Dexter Robot, since that one is still a fun boss fight.

ivanlerma

Smash Master

Poor Reindog, he's this games only OG.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Marceline.

The short answer is, Adventure Time is huge. It was Cartoon Network's flagship show (arguably along side Regular Show) for years, before some the flaws of the later seasons and Steven Universe, Teen Titans GO and Gumball's huge boosts in popularity caused them to eclipse it, at least for a while.

But even then, the show and many of it's characters are remembered fondly by many in the present, it was instrumental in helping shape the 2010s and early 2020 eras of serialized animated shows and with Distant Lands and especially FIonna and Cake being more recent additions to the franchise, and widely acclaimed ones at that, Adventure Time has reached an all new phase of popularity yet again.

With that, while they might not all show up consecutively, I wouldn't be surprised if Multiversus gets several more Adventure Time characters, and it makes sense why it's already getting a ton of content in the game.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So i'm locking down that we might get either 3 or 4 characters on season 2. I'm 100% sure Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice are happening, therefore we just have to figure out who's gonna be the third and potential fourth.

Personally, im leaning towards Marceline being the third due to the teasers we've been getting today. Then it's a tossup between PPG and Aquaman, and im feeling like PPG has this one secured. Aquaman has both voicelines and the reddit leaker, while PPG also has that plus Fumoleaks claiming they are season 2 (that's the guy that leaked the Jason model)

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Of Jack is in the battle pass them I think the final skin will be an armour of some sort

gonna also predict Rowdyruff Boys being the prestige skinn this time

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So i'm locking down that we might get either 3 or 4 characters on season 2. I'm 100% sure Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice are happening, therefore we just have to figure out who's gonna be the third and potential fourth.

Personally, im leaning towards Marceline being the third due to the teasers we've been getting today. Then it's a tossup between PPG and Aquaman, and im feeling like PPG has this one secured. Aquaman has both voicelines and the reddit leaker, while PPG also has that plus Fumoleaks claiming they are season 2 (that's the guy that leaked the Jason model)
I'm gonna throw the girls flat out showing up in the Joker trailer from 2 months ago into the pile of evidence for PPG, which happened a month before the first blink and you miss it tease for Aquaman.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My hope for Season 2 is that they space the character releases out a little more. I don't blame them for releasing three at launch, it was already shrimpier than many of us expected, but the month-long drought before Smith was rough. If there are four characters this season, I think two at launch, one in August, and the rift character (Beetlejuice) in September would be for the best. If there are only three... I think we only go with one at launch. It should be enough to satiate people, especially with all the other new content and Smith still being relatively recent.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm pretty chill for what is revealed for Season 2. Samurai Jack is the one I was hoping for and they appear to be a guarantee, although the PPG would be great too. But otherwise, regardless on whoever the 2nd and/or 3rd character is, whether it's Aquaman or Marceline, I'm okay with either.

I guess it's really the skins for the Season 2 Battlepass that I really want to see. Really hoping for Knights Must Fall Bugs to be a skin on the Pass, though a skin for Bugs, Shaggy and/or Marvin in general would be great and Tom & Jerry, Batman, Iron Giant and Wonder Woman getting a skin would be good too.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Out of the series in Multiversus, I haven't seen Adventure Time, the Iron Giant (it's a single movie rather than a series, but I don't think I've ever seen it), or Steven Universe. (I haven't seen Gremlins 1, though I have seen Gremlins 2, and while I haven't watched much of Game Of Thrones, I've read the books) Are they worth watching?
Iron giant is an amazing movie, it's totally worth a watch. Adventure time and Steven Universe never really clicked with me because I'm more into episodic cartoons than serialised, but I'd say objetcively they're very good cartoons if you're into that. Personally I think Gremlins 1 is better than 2 so I'd say that's worth a watch if you enjoyed 2, but they're pretty different movie with 2 being "crazier" and 1 leaning more into the horror stuff (although it's far from a scary movie).

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm curious how Season 2 will handle the story.

Season 1 focused on the newly introduced villains while the leaks indicate that the next batch of characters will be mostly good guys.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
On topic of season 2, I wonder if we'll get some characters that didn't leaked. Everyone is expecting Samurai Jack and Powerpuff girls and while I agree that at this point they make sense, it seems that season 2 themes (from the teasing we got) is cyber themed, and they don't really fit the theme. Maybe we'll get a surprise like DC's Cyborg for example, or maybe they just won't respect that much the theme for characters and the theme is mostly for skins.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wanted to compare the two, but the image got removed??
There are reuploads on r/multiversusthegame if you wanted to check reddit.

I'd reupload the image but I'm not sure if the mods would approve lmao.

Top Bottom