• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Faso115

Smash Lord
Tried the first fight in Looney, wasn't all that bad. AI does more damage but it's manageable, at least in 1v1s

haven't tried 2v2s or 1v2s. Those might be definitely be tough ones to beat.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Age of Smith thing on Discord had no reveals today.

One of the hosts accidentally said Samurai Jack when wrapping up (they meant to say Agent Smith), effectively hard confirming him.
Did they hesitate after saying the name or did they just keep going like nothing happened?

darkvortex

Smash Champion
leaker is claiming Jack is battle pass, Beetlejucieis rift, Aquaman is log in with the secondary reward being his shark hat. This would leave PPG as the "just buy them" character

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At the very least, this is info that'll be confirmed or denied very soon. Glad the leak has a kill date.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I'm starting to get sickly annoyed at playing crushing mode, I can't beat shaggy and velma in the megalodog rift due to the infinite sandwiches being thrown and wonder woman is still a pain to deal with in the mystery rift cause of how much track I have to keep with the dynamite drones that insta KO you if hit.

I need to find some strategies.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I'm starting to get sickly annoyed at playing crushing mode, I can't beat shaggy and velma in the megalodog rift due to the infinite sandwiches being thrown and wonder woman is still a pain to deal with in the mystery rift cause of how much track I have to keep with the dynamite drones that insta KO you if hit.

I need to find some strategies.
First of all, having max level gems makes it very even in 1v1 and some of the 2v2s. That said, some fight are so unfair you have to cheese them

A go to strat is to go near the blastzone with shaggy and power up, then side air. Rinse and repeat.

A faster one is bait them into the side with Jake and neutral special with them and ko-ing yourself with both enemies grabbed

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
First of all, having max level gems makes it very even in 1v1 and some of the 2v2s. That said, some fight are so unfair you have to cheese them

A go to strat is to go near the blastzone with shaggy and power up, then side air. Rinse and repeat.

A faster one is bait them into the side with Jake and neutral special with them and ko-ing yourself with both enemies grabbed
The problems with this statement are that 1. The grind to max out gem levels is frankly ridiculous and 2. True difficulty would not force you to cheese in order to win. This is blatantly artificial difficulty because they don't want you earning characters for free.

Sure, I earned Smith free, but for casuals who only play platfighters for a few minutes a day and have 2-3 characters unlocked max? "**** them" is clearly the message to them from the game

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've just accepted I won't finish the Smith rift quest. Will buy him when he comes
I’ll be helping Snake with “boss rushing” where I take her to the boss fight at the end of the rift and it counts as completing the rift for her.

As I did all the rifts I can also help you or anyone else out.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
At the very least, this is info that'll be confirmed or denied very soon. Glad the leak has a kill date.
It's already on thin ice because they're saying that Pickle Rick is gonna be his own characters when voice lines in the code imply that he's just gonna be a skin.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I finished doing all currant Rifts on Looney and finally finished the Joker Rift. The Joker Boss battle in his balloon is very awful to do solo, because it was all luck-based to beat him, especially with only Level 9 Gems. All the other bosses I managed to do solo for nowhere near the amount of time it took me to finally beat the Joker Rift boss.

Anyway, I got Matrix Bugs, Matrix Jake and the rest of the Fighter Currency. All that's left is waiting for the Omni rift and then doing the last 3 difficulties to get the Gleamium, Matrix WW and Matrix Smith.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I’m struggling to motivate myself to work on the rest of the Rifts since I already got Smith. I’ll probably at least do the last rift when it releases so I can get Matrix Bugs.

I’m having more fun playing PvP though. I’m starting to get good at using Cake in doubles again, especially since they made her side air stretchy punch disjointed again, so I can actually use it in doubles without taking damage every single time ahaha.

I also recently got 50 Gleamium from the battlepass infinite tier, which was enough for me to afford the Lunar Rabbit ringout effect (I’ve wanted that ever since it released back in Beta, so that’s a long time to wait!) while still having enough to buy the next battlepass when it releases.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So uuuuh i dunno anyone knows this but i just discovered armor breaking moves instantly break watermelon's steven armor. In fact, Marvin having the fastest down smash makes the fight a breeze, i didn't even get knocked out

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So uuuuh i dunno anyone knows this but i just discovered armor breaking moves instantly break watermelon's steven armor. In fact, Marvin having the fastest down smash makes the fight a breeze, i didn't even get knocked out
Yeah, I found that out with Jason when I first used his Up-special on Watermelon Steven, first thought only grabs took out the armor easily, but later found that armor-breaking moves work as well, making the boss battle more easier.

If there's anything I'm hoping for, it's that when they make future boss battles that aren't simply Character-based battles, they use the Dexter Robot as an example for designing future boss battles, cause that is easily the best and most fun boss fight even on the highest difficulties. The only thing that only caught me off guard sometimes was that the rocket fists when they fly down can sometimes be close together and can chain hit you, but very rarely. Otherwise, it feels very balanced and not cheap, the moves are all predictable and can be figured and adjusted to even when the moves and aggressiveness change half-way, and it feels like your skill is being put to the test. It's just a legitimately fun boss fight.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I probably wont finish the Agent Smith event 100%. When the Omni rift releases, there should be 2 more difficulties to do, which will get me to the Bugs Bunny skin. Good enough for me.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Ever wonder what most of the playerbase are fans of when it comes to WB IPs? Cause in general, i get the feeling most of the players in Multiversus are cartoon network or cartoon fans in general.

Like outside of a few character here or there, most of the highly requested characters are from animated series.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So according to that leaker, WB's rule is new characters must be ones they're currently using or producing new content for.

Just thought it was interesting is all.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So according to that leaker, WB's rule is new characters must be ones they're currently using or producing new content for.

It always felt a bit...uncoincidential that they started adding classic CN content after Checkered Past became a thing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

This still doesn't necessarily rule out Ruby joining the final roster if it's true, if only because she's already far in development. But it might be the final nail in the coffin for additional RWBY content as well as entirely third-party characters and content. At least for the time being.

Of course, this is assuming this leaker is telling the truth and has legitimate info to begin with.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ever wonder what most of the playerbase are fans of when it comes to WB IPs? Cause in general, i get the feeling most of the players in Multiversus are cartoon network or cartoon fans in general.

Like outside of a few character here or there, most of the highly requested characters are from animated series.
Yeah, the demographics heavily favor Cartoon Network characters above all others, pretty much, when it comes to stuff that's actually WB-owned. The top spots on polls are almost always a combination of CN characters, with a few DC and third parties thrown in as well, and a very small amount of Other characters seen as crucial but missing, like Scooby, Daffy, or the Animaniacs. According to the most recent polling of the official discord wishlist channel, Cartoon Network characters are by far the most requested character subcategory, with 112 entrants falling under that specific umbrella. For context, the second highest is DC Comics with 95, before general Warner Bros drops to 63 in third place. Hanna-Barbera is in fourth with 33, and fifth place...is Adult Swim. Yeah, those were explicitly not counted under the Cartoon Network umbrella. So it really does show how much pull CN characters specifically have.

Which...well, it's pretty sad for me lol. Like I totally get it. Quite a few of my most wanted characters are CN characters (hell, Wilt is my most wanted character, Johnny Bravo is firmly in like my top seven, I'm thrilled Samurai Jack is getting in, and my third most wanted character is T.O.M. from Toonami...who has actually been on Adult Swim for longer than he was on Cartoon Network, if you want to feel old). But it's a bit sad that it really does seem like, with the exception of some DC characters and a few straggling animated characters from other parts of the company like Daffy and Scooby, CN characters are pretty much all that get requested. And then a metric ton of third party characters (seriously why are there three Breaking Bad characters in the top thirty-five).

It's probably more so a testament to just how much WB owns, leading to less fanbase overlap, but it's admittedly frustrating how a good portion of the fan base treats characters from live action films...the very thing on which the WB studio was founded. The amount of younger people I've seen upset about the Wicked Witch and calling literally the most famous female villain in all of film a "literal who" is especially rough. Like damn. Thankfully that IS getting a bit better as of late, since Jason and Agent Smith seem to have gone over relatively well within the fandom.

But man does it also put my Most Wanted list at odds with the lists from the vast majority of the game's fanbase lmao. I'm pretty sure my top ten, excluding thoroughly leaked characters, has more characters from New Line Cinema than it does from Cartoon Network.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah, the demographics heavily favor Cartoon Network characters above all others, pretty much, when it comes to stuff that's actually WB-owned. The top spots on polls are almost always a combination of CN characters, with a few DC and third parties thrown in as well, and a very small amount of Other characters seen as crucial but missing, like Scooby, Daffy, or the Animaniacs. According to the most recent polling of the official discord wishlist channel, Cartoon Network characters are by far the most requested character subcategory, with 112 entrants falling under that specific umbrella. For context, the second highest is DC Comics with 95, before general Warner Bros drops to 63 in third place. Hanna-Barbera is in fourth with 33, and fifth place...is Adult Swim. Yeah, those were explicitly not counted under the Cartoon Network umbrella. So it really does show how much pull CN characters specifically have.

Which...well, it's pretty sad for me lol. Like I totally get it. Quite a few of my most wanted characters are CN characters (hell, Wilt is my most wanted character, Johnny Bravo is firmly in like my top seven, I'm thrilled Samurai Jack is getting in, and my third most wanted character is T.O.M. from Toonami...who has actually been on Adult Swim for longer than he was on Cartoon Network, if you want to feel old). But it's a bit sad that it really does seem like, with the exception of some DC characters and a few straggling animated characters from other parts of the company like Daffy and Scooby, CN characters are pretty much all that get requested. And then a metric ton of third party characters (seriously why are there three Breaking Bad characters in the top thirty-five).

It's probably more so a testament to just how much WB owns, leading to less fanbase overlap, but it's admittedly frustrating how a good portion of the fan base treats characters from live action films...the very thing on which the WB studio was founded. The amount of younger people I've seen upset about the Wicked Witch and calling literally the most famous female villain in all of film a "literal who" is especially rough. Like damn. Thankfully that IS getting a bit better as of late, since Jason and Agent Smith seem to have gone over relatively well within the fandom.

But man does it also put my Most Wanted list at odds with the lists from the vast majority of the game's fanbase lmao. I'm pretty sure my top ten, excluding thoroughly leaked characters, has more characters from New Line Cinema than it does from Cartoon Network.
As a NASB fan who doesn't really care for the 2000s era outside of meme picks and Da Bob, I feel you.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
...I really do not want pop culture to reach a point where next to nobody recognizes the Wicked Witch or realizes the impact and influence she's had lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom