• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Isn't Roger Craig Smith the current host of Cartoon Network? That is an EXTREMELY obvious announcer pack.
"You're watching Game of Thrones!

Coming Up Next: It's Friday the 13th!

After that, stick around for Looney Tunes!

Only on Cartoon Network!"

Don't mind me. Just being ahead of the potshot curve.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was looking through the credits to see if I could find the VA for The Batman Who Laughs - nothing. Either I missed them, or my "double duty" theory is true but their other character is already playable. Also Estelle is credited twice and I think that's funny.

I did find something interesting, though - Netherrealm Studios seem to be a support studio on MVS.
IMG_20240707_004152884.jpg

I don't think I've seen anyone mention this. It's not a huge shock, Netherrealm is another fighting game company under the Warner umbrella, but it helps alleviate any worries about MK representation IMO.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know. I grew up watching Food Network. So there are exactly TWO things from that network I would like to see in Multiversus (since WB is owned by Discovery now and Discovery owns Food Network).

Alton Brown, host of Good Eats (my favorite Cooking Show), Cutthroat Kitchen, and ringside commentator on Iron Chef America as an announcer pack.

And Iron Cheg Masaharu Morimoto as a playable fighter.

You know. I grew up watching Food Network. So there are exactly TWO things from that network I would like to see in Multiversus (since WB is owned by Discovery now and Discovery owns Food Network).

Alton Brown, host of Good Eats (my favorite Cooking Show), Cutthroat Kitchen, and ringside commentator on Iron Chef America as an announcer pack.

And Iron Cheg Masaharu Morimoto as a playable fighter.
I see this and raise you a Bobby Flay announcer pack, due to his role in one of the many Scooby-Doo movies.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
They could also probably do something with Guy Fierri.
Genuinely Guy Fieri would be hilarious, he could fight throwing food and he could have Flavor town as a stage.

But for real, I don't think they're going to represent too much the Discovery side of WB, but hey we just got a Shark week event so who knows at this point. I don't think it's really owned by WB, but you could probably make a fun moveset out of the Mythbusters gang.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Genuinely Guy Fieri would be hilarious, he could fight throwing food and he could have Flavor town as a stage.

But for real, I don't think they're going to represent too much the Discovery side of WB, but hey we just got a Shark week event so who knows at this point. I don't think it's really owned by WB, but you could probably make a fun moveset out of the Mythbusters gang.
At the very least the Mythbusters Warehouse would be a Kickin stage

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
While we're throwing it out there, just watched The Great Race, and just found out it's a WB movie so...

Professor Fate when?
Professor Fate is one of my most wanted for the game.

Definitely needs a move where he presses a button on his car, only for something to go wrong and damage opponents.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Professor Fate is one of my most wanted for the game.

Definitely needs a move where he presses a button on his car, only for something to go wrong and damage opponents.
Would he be in his car the whole time, or would be use it for certain moves like Gizmo's car or the Mystery Machine? There's enough slapstick nonsense in the movie for both.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
While we're throwing it out there, just watched The Great Race, and just found out it's a WB movie so...

Professor Fate when?

Are you serious?...........Are you actually serious?!....The Great Race is owned by Warner Bros?!.....

.....That took a lot to digest....Man....While it would be amazing, I can't see Professor Fate happening since Dastardly and Muttley would probably be easier to put in and negotiate than Professor Fate and Max and both Dastardly and Muttley are still decently popular characters. Maybe a Professor Fate-themed variant for Dastardly with Muttley being replaced by Max or having a Max costume?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Are you serious?...........Are you actually serious?!....The Great Race is owned by Warner Bros?!.....

.....That took a lot to digest....Man....While it would be amazing, I can't see Professor Fate happening since Dastardly and Muttley would probably be easier to put in and negotiate than Professor Fate and Max and both Dastardly and Muttley are still decently popular characters. Maybe a Professor Fate-themed variant for Dastardly with Muttley being replaced by Max or having a Max costume?
I was about to say "Isn't that film just live action Wacky Races, but then I looked into it and found out that the movie came first and Wacky Races is an animated ripoff of it which... ok knowing hannah-barbera it makes sense but also it doesn't make sense at all that that movie came first.

It's like if "The Villain" actually came before all the Roadrunner cartoons it's obviously copying. It just doesn't make sense.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Owned? They made it!
I don't think that's 100% true, as I'm pretty sure the Great Race was financed by another company. Mircsh studios or something, the original owners of the Pink Panther before MGM became it's owner.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't think that's 100% true, as I'm pretty sure the Great Race was financed by another company. Mircsh studios or something, the original owners of the Pink Panther before MGM became it's owner.
They funded it at the start, but wound up dropping it pretty early on due to the escalating costs, to which WB picked it up and basically ended up making the whole thing.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For those grinding rifts, Agent Smith should be available now.

Keep in mind that for this new rift, the only available difficulties are Easy, and Insanity.

Edit: Also in the lab now.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Kind of a crappy move to not have crushing available

Now i have to beat megalodog...or try my luck with looney later...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah I gave up on getting him for free
I think there's a way to just do the boss at the end if someone got to the end of the rift. Have the person join in on the person who already did it.

I've done all but the newest rift on all difficulties so someday in the future I could potentially help people get Smith?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think there's a way to just do the boss at the end if someone got to the end of the rift. Have the person join in on the person who already did it.

I've done all but the newest rift on all difficulties so someday in the future I could potentially help people get Smith?
Nah. I helped my GF finish a rift once and it didn't count for my completion.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I mean it was a while ago (early post launch) maybe they added it later?
Got my answers, here's how I think it works:
1. One player goes through to the end of the rift.
2. After clearing the rift, they invite a player to the lobby.
3. They enter the rift and go straight to the boss.
4. Profit. (As a side note, the player who is joining (player 2) can have lover level gems than the level required to enter the rift)

It is confirmed to be working today as people in the Discord I'm in are getting Smith by "boss rushing" so to speak.

I'm willing to try this out with anyone latter in the week. Just need to get through the Smith rift first.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Got my answers, here's how I think it works:
1. One player goes through to the end of the rift.
2. After clearing the rift, they invite a player to the lobby.
3. They enter the rift and go straight to the boss.
4. Profit. (As a side note, the player who is joining (player 2) can have lover level gems than the level required to enter the rift)

It is confirmed to be working today as people in the Discord I'm in are getting Smith by "boss rushing" so to speak.

I'm willing to try this out with anyone latter in the week. Just need to get through the Smith rift first.
I’ll try it out if possible

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t have all my Digital and Horror gems at a high-enough level for Crushing, and im definitely not grinding. At this point I’ll wait for Smith.

None of my Shark Week daily grabs were for any characters I owned. Not a single one. Think I just had really ****ty luck, and that will also affect my leveling as I can’t complete the Shark Week missions in the Megalodog rift, at least until Tuesday… if any of the ones I unlocked are guest characters for the week.

Im definitely using my fighter currency for Smith, I have 8k rn and I haven’t purchased any Assassin characters yet.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In the next season:

The Water Tower finally makes its debut. On KO, balloons of the Animaniacs or Pinky and the Brain will spawn that act as platforms.
A series of cyber skins will release for all fighters. These tie into the Season 2 story, as special Cyber versions of Rick, Morty, and Superman will also be coming.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In the next season:

The Water Tower finally makes its debut. On KO, balloons of the Animaniacs or Pinky and the Brain will spawn that act as platforms.
A series of cyber skins will release for all fighters. These tie into the Season 2 story, as special Cyber versions of Rick, Morty, and Superman will also be coming.
generic cyber of full on cyborg superman?

Top Bottom