• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Eh, I'm not buying a few parts of this.

- The part about Dexter being scrapped. Not only is there the stage, the accidentally leaked character tag, and the constant hints and teases including one in the cinematic launch trailer, if it being a dormant IP was such a problem, why are there also characters from Gremlins, Iron Giant, Steven Universe and Samurai Jack in the game? Hell, The Wicked Witch counts, Wicked isn't being made or distributed by WB and yet here she comes.
I guess him being considered for season 1 kinda checks out given the Rift based around the lab, but I don't buy it that he's been 100% scrapped.

- Mordecai being put on indefinite hold doesn't sound right since he's such a hugely requested character, why would they decide against him?

- Nubia got scrapped but Pickle Rick hasn't? Yeah right.

- There's been a tease already at more SU content. SU feels like an easy IP to dunk on here.

- There's already leaked content for more GOT characters. There's only the one, Arya, so of course she isn't going to sell as much as DC who has like a kajillion character.

- It's a live service game. Why do they need to scrap Wile E Coyote just because they decided on Daffy instead? They put in Banana Guard just fine without it affecting Marceline's chances.

- The total lack of anything about Ruby Rose's status. You'd think given everything going on she'd be fresh on leakers' minds.

Honestly, this sounds more like educated guesses and parroting other leakers than anything legit. I'd need to actually hear from someone reputable first.
To be fair about your first point, Gremlins did get an animated series last year, and Wizard of Oz got a Animated show in 2017 by WB Animation, and Samurai Jack final season aired in 2017 too, so it's not as old as Dexter's lab, although you're right about Iron giant, which is actually older than Dexter's lab (Dexter final season was in 2003, Iron giant was in 1999).

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I think you're mixing up Craig of the Creek and Over the Garden Wall. There hasn't been a leaked stage for Craig of the Creek, unless I missed something big.
Ah, my bad. I was talking about the boat stage that got datamined, which indeed is from Over the Garden Wall.

I still think this "leak" is pretty empty and fake.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Im waiting on Papagenos to weight in on the post. Personally? I don't buy it, leaks that go into details are rarely true.

Oh so the theme is "discipline" for Season 2 huh....what's disciplined about Beetlejuice and PPG? Hell, Aquaman doesn't strike me as super disciplined either.

And don't you Banana Guard me with the Season 1 theme. Banana Guard in general is such a weird thing that it overrules any pattern and we still don't know why he even is a fighter.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Im waiting on Papagenos to weight in on the post. Personally? I don't buy it, leaks that go into details are rarely true.

Oh so the theme is "discipline" for Season 2 huh....what's disciplined about Beetlejuice and PPG? Hell, Aquaman doesn't strike me as super disciplined either.

And don't you Banana Guard me with the Season 1 theme. Banana Guard in general is such a weird thing that it overrules any pattern and we still don't know why he even is a fighter.
Banana guard is more a launch bonus than an actual season 1 characters, because he's not even in the Season 1 splashart.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I think it's partly true in that it's taking stuff we know about them adding in rand!on guess work

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That reddit post seems pretty fake to me. Like, WB didn't want PFG to add it Dexter, yet they were allowed to add in a stage, with music based on the original theme song from the show? AND the purple gloves in the trailer?

Also, Craig being cut when we just found a stage for it in the files?

This reddit post feels more like random guesses based on actual leaks and datamines.
There's no Craig stage in the files. A stage for Over the Garden Wall was there.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I mean... WB owns It. As much as they own Game of Thrones at least. He's not a guest.

At most he's like... Kirby and Pokemon. WB and Stephen King own it together.
This is true. My wording is bad . didn't get off what I meant well. I think it's possible Pennywise is something they're working on in secret. There's no way the characters in the code are the only things they're working on.
ng is not a huge fan of videogame last i checked so i guess it's a plus Pennywise is still under WB.
I
There's never been a source for this. Seems to be a bit of an urban legend

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
leaker also said

• It was between Daffy and Will. E (there will be more Looney Tunes just not into he first two year s). Daffy was chosen. The film cancelling wasn't the reason.
  • Lapis and multiple GoT reps made it to concept phases but WB and PFG where disappointed by sales for those series.
  • Mordicai is still coming just not soon. Isn't seen as a priority. Same with the same other on hold characters.
  • Johnny Bravo was meant to be on launch roster but WB shot it down.
  • Scooby is hard due to being on all fours and long \ bouncy (unlike the short stubby reindog). he doesn't fit on stages well. they wanted to make him smaller but it looked bad. they then tired to have him be on his back paws but it didn't wotk.
  • Static is still someone they wanna do. They never really did much work on him, but a deal was worked on with his creators and they have the rights to use him.
  • Ruby has models work done. They're waiting on seeing how the ViZ deal goes but she's likely still in.
  • Leaker hasn't heard anything about Goonies, Mortal Kombat or Watchmen.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
leaker also said

• It was between Daffy and Will. E (there will be more Looney Tunes just not into he first two year s). Daffy was chosen. The film cancelling wasn't the reason.
  • Lapis and multiple GoT reps made it to concept phases but WB and PFG where disappointed by sales for those series.
  • Mordicai is still coming just not soon. Isn't seen as a priority. Same with the same other on hold characters.
  • Scooby is hard due to being on all fours and long \ bouncy (unlike the short stubby reindog). he doesn't fit on stages well. they wanted to make him smaller but it looked bad. they then tired to have him be on his back paws but it didn't wotk.
  • Static is still someone they wanna do. They never really did much work on him, but a deal was worked on with his creators and they have the rights to use him.
  • Ruby has models from seieng They're waiting on seeing how the ViZ deal goes but she's likely still in.
Ironically having more details makes it less believable.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So a couple things.
  1. I saw the skin previews for Season 2 with the Cyber skins and the Neon-light skins. The Cyber skins look cool. Nothing too spectacular, but still cool. While I'm definitely all for the Neon-light skins as some of the ones shown so far look really good for simple skins. And why is it that Banana Guard goes great with alot of the simple skins? His Shark hat was one of the ones I was really hoping would be a freebie(and sadly it wasn't) and his Neon-light skin is one of the best looking too.
  2. With Season 1 almost done, how many characters have you gotten so far? And how many do you still need to get? I've gotten 13 characters so far(Shaggy, Jason, Banana Guard, Steven, Joker, Wonder Woman, Batman, Velma, Superman, Iron Giant, Black Adam, and recently Jake and Agent Smith) and I only need 14 left.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So a couple things.
  1. I saw the skin previews for Season 2 with the Cyber skins and the Neon-light skins. The Cyber skins look cool. Nothing too spectacular, but still cool. While I'm definitely all for the Neon-light skins as some of the ones shown so far look really good for simple skins. And why is it that Banana Guard goes great with alot of the simple skins? His Shark hat was one of the ones I was really hoping would be a freebie(and sadly it wasn't) and his Neon-light skin is one of the best looking too.
  2. With Season 1 almost done, how many characters have you gotten so far? And how many do you still need to get? I've gotten 13 characters so far(Shaggy, Jason, Banana Guard, Steven, Joker, Wonder Woman, Batman, Velma, Superman, Iron Giant, Black Adam, and recently Jake and Agent Smith) and I only need 14 left.
I bought the founders pack in the beta and used tokens to unlock everyone (including joker at launch) so… I have everyone but Agent Smith…

Faso115

Smash Lord
So a couple things.
I started with Shaggy and WW and because of the returning player deal (which i was eligible surprisingly) i got Jason for free. Then Banana Guard from challenges and overtime bought Superman, Garnet, Marvin, Joker (because of those stupid weeklies) and Harley. I just managed to get Smith from rifts so in total i have 10 characters.

Not bad for now, i want to see how hard it gets as the game goes on to keep up.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
  1. With Season 1 almost done, how many characters have you gotten so far? And how many do you still need to get? I've gotten 13 characters so far(Shaggy, Jason, Banana Guard, Steven, Joker, Wonder Woman, Batman, Velma, Superman, Iron Giant, Black Adam, and recently Jake and Agent Smith) and I only need 14 left.
I have the full roster. Unlocked everyone from the Beta during the Beta (I admit I used Gleamium on Velma and Arya, back when they cost 700 a character instead of 1,000). In the full game, I grinded for Joker and got him in the first week, got Jason and Banana Guard, and unlocked Smith via rifts. One mission in the Smith rift took me more than a hour to get through.

Edit: I did not buy any of the Founders Packs.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
With Season 1 almost done, how many characters have you gotten so far? And how many do you still need to get? I've gotten 13 characters so far(Shaggy, Jason, Banana Guard, Steven, Joker, Wonder Woman, Batman, Velma, Superman, Iron Giant, Black Adam, and recently Jake and Agent Smith) and I only need 14 left.
Everyone but Smith. Bought a Founders Pack during the beta and got Joker a few days after launch.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The negatives of being a non-Beta player. :ohwell:

Anyway, free 20 Gleamium from the Store. Cool that the Daily free item isn't limited to Rift gems.

kylexv

Smash Master
  1. With Season 1 almost done, how many characters have you gotten so far? And how many do you still need to get? I've gotten 13 characters so far(Shaggy, Jason, Banana Guard, Steven, Joker, Wonder Woman, Batman, Velma, Superman, Iron Giant, Black Adam, and recently Jake and Agent Smith) and I only need 14 left.
Got everyone in the Beta except Arya, Black Adam, Marvin, and Steven. Bought the latter two after the relaunch along with Joker, so just missing Arya and Black Adam at the moment.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
leaker also said

• Ruby has models work done. They're waiting on seeing how the ViZ deal goes but she's likely still in.
The original post I could've taken with a grain of salt since it was, for the most part, just reiterating previous leaks with only a little extrapolation that didn't seem TOO outlandish.

This is too much lmao. It implies a deep connection with the moveset design, corporate/financial, AND legal departments all at once with the scattered nature of the info, alongside bafflingly being able to say for certain that Coyote vs ACME had no bearing on the decision to drop Wile E. Coyote, but also not saying what WAS the cause.

Weird all around.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
So a couple things.
I unlocked almost all the characters back in the beta which only leaves out Velma, Marvin, Arya Stark, Steven Universe(Until i unlocked him recently), Black Adam, and Stripe, i don't have Joker currently i'm trying to plan how i'll save my gems to unlock each character, i got Jason from getting the battle pass for free, Banana Guard was free obviously, and I don't have Smith yet and i only have two more other items to get before i unlock him(The Matrix Ringout and another variant).

darkvortex

Smash Champion
The original post I could've taken with a grain of salt since it was, for the most part, just reiterating previous leaks with only a little extrapolation that didn't seem TOO outlandish.

This is too much lmao. It implies a deep connection with the moveset design, corporate/financial, AND legal departments all at once with the scattered nature of the info, alongside bafflingly being able to say for certain that Coyote vs ACME had no bearing on the decision to drop Wile E. Coyote, but also not saying what WAS the cause.

Weird all around.
On that last part they don't actually say that the film getting changed wasn't the reason

ivanlerma

Smash Master
leaker also said

My thoughts on some of these if they're real.
-Daffy Over Wile E.: Atleast this will not kill Wile E's chances for the game, i worry david is gonna try to keep the character out of every media with the looney tunes due to people wanting Coyote Vs. ACME.
-Lapis & The GoT Characters: Noooooooo! Lapis! If this is true and they're doing this due to SALES!? Then it's really unfair and does The Lapis Fans dirty too, Me included.
-Mordecai being postponed: Maybe they can make him a duo with Rigby? just saying they work better together.
-Johnny Bravo getting rejected: Warner Brothers...Shame on You.
-Scooby was too hard: aw, i hope they find a way to make scooby work.
-The Leaker knows nothing about Goonies in Multiversus: Have they not checked the item leak? or Papagenos?

Also, hearing the idea that Dexter was cut sounds awful why would warner scrap him after all the references they've gave him such as his stage and even going as far as TEASING HIM? Huh? If it's because of what some people are explaining here then the company or the dev team of Multiversus are making a big mistake(HUGE if it's Warner).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I already had Arya, Marvin, Garnet, Jake, LeBron, Shaggy, Bugs, Gizmo, Reindog, Rick, Iron Giant, and Wonder Woman unlocked from the beta. I also unlocked Banana Guard, Jason, Velma, and Batman. I think I have enough currency to buy two fighters.

I also completely gave up on unlocking Agent Smith through his event so I still have 11 characters more to go.

I just hope the scrapped characters thing isn't real because Scooby deserves to be here especially with how MVS has talked about and featured him.

And it'd be really annoying if Nubia was cut but Pickle Rick gets to stay. Keep both low effort characters at least Nubia would add some more ladies on the roster.

I think we're all reading too much into a likely fake leak.
To be fair, with how lame and dry Season 1's left us, this leak is the most interesting discussion we had in a while. Also, you guys... to give the benefit of the doubt, Papagenos and his source had the exact same stupid amount of details including what went on behind the scenes. He had an entire Q&A about it and he straight up confirmed the comic book before it even came out.

MVS has been very open about leaks, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot about the leak is true. At the very least, Papagenos himself confirmed some of its true including the fact that Steven Universe series isn't doing too hot and Arya may not be either.

Last edited:
About the leak, I can only hope those that have been delayed aren't permanently gone from MultiVersus. If Scooby-Doo, Dexter, and Wile E. Coyote are scrapped characters...

Y'all ever see the ending to a Tom and Jerry cartoon with Spike in it? Call me Spike if those three cuts are forever.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude names the thread “Leaks and rumors” but also says “I’m not doing this because I’m a leaker”?

I don’t trust this guy. Also,

WB Games after seeing how Game of Thrones sold poorly despite having only one character who wasn’t given a skin higher than Uncommon halfway through the first season, supposedly:

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I mean, it's not like WB has a track record of being a reasonable company :v

Btw, the final season 1 event is giving away Seal Team Rick for free. That's cool i guess

Ivander

Smash Legend
Kinda cool that we're being given an Epic skin for a Season 1 finale-like event, although being given a store skin that some people may have bought is certainly questionable(even if it's possibly a recolor). Their system should be able to give out some sort of compensation if they plan on doing store skins as rewards, like rewarding back Gleamium used for the skin if they already got it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, it's not like WB has a track record of being a reasonable company :v

Btw, the final season 1 event is giving away Seal Team Rick for free. That's cool i guess
I'm pretty sure that final event is gonna be something like the Shark Week Swag event, where you have a random chance of getting something from a set pool of cosmetics. Only now it's... everything from Season 1.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure that final event is gonna be something like the Shark Week Swag event, where you have a random chance of getting something from a set pool of cosmetics. Only now it's... everything from Season 1.
We'll have to wait and see in a week. Regardless, nothing particularly wrong with free items(the only issue being is if you bought it beforehand).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think this leak is fake. I don't think Dexter is scrapped considering that they have a stage for him in the game and a character category for his show.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Lacking motivation on beating the battle pass. Not good enough to beat crushing rifts
I finished the battle pass mostly with daily/weekly missions and PvP sessions. I don’t do the rifts more than one go-around.

I still think it’s possible to finish it within the next two weeks.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Here's a funny thought: Latest multiversus leak doesn't mention Pennywise at all. Not cancelled or being worked on, just nothing and an official multiversus stream starts teasing him.

Yep, pretty sure it's fake with that circumstancial evidence

Here's a funny thought: Latest multiversus leak doesn't mention Pennywise at all. Not cancelled or being worked on, just nothing and an official multiversus stream starts teasing him.

Yep, pretty sure it's fake with that circumstancial evidence
Papagenos already confirmed that some of the info is legit.

Top Bottom