• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

darkvortex

Smash Champion
More story content next season. the next cyber skins seem to be like the matrix skins of this seaosn , are apparently part of a group working with a duo of characters(I assume Icon directors rick and morty, who where shown off alongside a robotized superman, doesn't seem to be the villain hank henshaw \ cyborg supermen but I don't recognize it

preview-of-s2-it-will-add-the-water-tower-stage-cyber-skins-v0-dqkd3gqjpbbd1.jpg

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master
i'm having trouble dealing with Wonder Woman fights during the crushing difficulties on Jason's Rift and The Mystery Rift, i tried using Shaggy with some of the best gems i have but none of them are working.

Even Superman couldn't help me beat her.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bit of an odd title considering superman is solar powered all the time
I think it’s their take on a cyborg/superman hybrid instead of Cyborg Superman from the Superman storylines

Faso115

Smash Lord
You know, i have trouble linking the potential storyline of the new season to anyone of our guesses. Best thing i can is that because its a circus, its somewhat related to Beetlejuice but that's about it.

Disadvantage of heroes is that they aren't that interesting to make rifts out of :v

darkvortex

Smash Champion
You know, i have trouble linking the potential storyline of the new season to anyone of our guesses. Best thing i can is that because its a circus, its somewhat related to Beetlejuice but that's about it.
circuit

Faso115

Smash Lord
On the background of the livestream, there's numerous figures and items that represent playable characters (Looney Tunes, Stripe and Gizmo, Jason etc.), but there's also Pennywise from It hidden behind Harley's hammer. This might be a hint that he's coming.

View attachment 392117
Well that's the easiest season 3 prediction ever cause Halloween happens during that time

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Well that's the easiest season 3 prediction ever cause Halloween happens during that time
Pennywise during Halloween would be pretty obvious... if we didn't have a ton of other Halloween or Horror adjacent characters already in the pipeline. Excluding Mister Juice, because he's almost assuredly Season 2, we have the Wicked Witch, Scooby, Raven, and Marceline. We probably aren't getting all of them in S3, let alone another surprise addition.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I got Agent Smith. Aside from the Smith and Matrix Wonder Woman battle, the Age of Smith Insanity Rift was nowhere near as hard as the Megalodog Rift. Mostly because the 1v2s at the beginning weren't too hard and after that, aside from Smith & Wonder Woman, there are no other 1v2s and even Smith's boss battle wasn't so bad either.

That said, I can certainly understand the frustration for them not putting in Crushing. There was no warning for it not happening at all. And basically, in order to get Smith's Matrix skin, you need to do all of the Rifts on Looney, which is not going to be a fun time. Like, I get the idea of them wanting us to do Looney in order to earn all of the rewards, but they really shouldn't force people to do "All" of the Rifts on Looney. There really should've been enough Rifts/Difficulties that people can get most of the rewards without doing Looney.
Basically, when they do the next Rift Event in Season 2, they should really rework it and some of the stuff surrounding it so that it's not heavily punishing players for not doing Rifts. Because some of the Rift missions are fun to play, but it shouldn't be as much of a chore as it is currently.

Also, besides any new characters being centred around Halloween when Season 3 comes, I certainly hope there are a good amount of Halloween-themed skins in the Season 3 Pass, hopefully some as great as Velma's Witch skin and Iron Giant's Frankenstein skin.

Last edited:
Pennywise during Halloween would be pretty obvious... if we didn't have a ton of other Halloween or Horror adjacent characters already in the pipeline. Excluding Mister Juice, because he's almost assuredly Season 2, we have the Wicked Witch, Scooby, Raven, and Marceline. We probably aren't getting all of them in S3, let alone another surprise addition.
They're probably gonna prioritize Pennywise over half of those characters. I can see them putting away Raven and Marcy especially.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
They're probably gonna prioritize Pennywise over half of those characters. I can see them putting away Raven and Marcy especially.
Marceline maybe, but aren't they pretty far in on Raven? Why push her aside for a character they haven't done as much for?

Remember, they've been teasing Dexter relentlessly despite the fact they apparently haven't even started on him yet. Same could go for Pennywise.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think it's likely we get Pennywise sometime next year. There's an IT spinoff show releasing sometime in 2025. Saving him for cross-promotion seems more likely than keeping all of his data a secret, something they've failed for most of the rest of the roster

There are about a dozen characters with Character IDs already in the code, I think it'll be awhile before we see any surprises.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it's likely we get Pennywise sometime next year. There's an IT spinoff show releasing sometime in 2025. Saving him for cross-promotion seems more likely than keeping all of his data a secret, something they've failed for most of the rest of the roster

There are about a dozen characters with Character IDs already in the code, I think it'll be awhile before we see any surprises.
Don't be a slave to the code. They could still surprise us.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
it's fully possible Pennywise is done or mAybe they're hiding him on purpose, probably gotta be more careful with "guest" characters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
it's fully possible Pennywise is done or mAybe they're hiding him on purpose, probably gotta be more careful with "guest" characters
I mean... WB owns It. As much as they own Game of Thrones at least. He's not a guest.

At most he's like... Kirby and Pokemon. WB and Stephen King own it together.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I remember a DBD youtuber claimed that the rights for IT were going to go back to Stephen King last year but i guess that didn't happen? King is not a huge fan of videogame last i checked so i guess it's a plus Pennywise is still under WB.

Side note: I got Smith! It took me a while but megalodog insanity had to be done with a friend.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I got Smith earlier this morning and played as him for a bit, he’s pretty cool! Everyone seems to one-and-done me when I’m using him, though.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Someone on reddit posted a leak claiming to know development information and the roadmap for the next few seasons. Take it with a grain of salt. obviously.
Leaks and rumors for season 2 and 3 alongside insider information. : MultiVersusTheGame (reddit.com)
Season 2 Lineup: Aquaman, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Beetlejuice ("Dicipline" theme)
Season 3 Lineup: Raven, Wicked Witch, Pickle Rick, Marceline

Characters that have been postponed/cancelled:
  • Scooby-Doo
  • Ben 10
  • Mordecai
  • Godzilla
  • Harry Potter
  • Nubia
  • Craig of the Creek
  • Emmet/LEGO
  • Wile E. Coyote
  • Dexter
Additionally, Steven Universe and Game of Thrones cosmetics haven't sold well so additional content from these series is unlikely. The game itself is very profitable though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Someone on reddit posted a leak claiming to know development information and the roadmap for the next few seasons. Take it with a grain of salt. obviously.
Leaks and rumors for season 2 and 3 alongside insider information. : MultiVersusTheGame (reddit.com)
Season 2 Lineup: Aquaman, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Beetlejuice ("Dicipline" theme)

• Scooby-Doo
  • Ben 10
  • Mordecai
  • Godzilla
  • Harry Potter
  • Nubia
  • Craig of the Creek
  • Emmet/LEGO
  • Wile E. Coyote
  • Dexter
Additionally, Steven Universe and Game of Thrones cosmetics haven't sold well so additional content from these series is unlikely. The game itself is very profitable though.
This would all really be easy to fake. Most leaks are. I don’t buy it.

still don’t buy it after reading the actual Reddit post. Still to easy to fake. But if it is real, Dexter and Wile E. Are disappointing losses.

Last edited:
Marceline maybe, but aren't they pretty far in on Raven? Why push her aside for a character they haven't done as much for?

Remember, they've been teasing Dexter relentlessly despite the fact they apparently haven't even started on him yet. Same could go for Pennywise.
We don't really know how far they are with Raven. And reminder, Jason was nowhere in the code nor remotely implied in the files, they had to essentially make him from scratch and he got priority over lots of characters with data and voice work in the files.

So you never know. He could be next year or this halloween, both are likely.

Last edited:
This would all really be easy to fake. Most leaks are. I don’t buy it.

still don’t buy it after reading the actual Reddit post. Still to easy to fake. But if it is real, Dexter and Wile E. Are disappointing losses.
It's probably real tbh. Papagenos and legit leakers that datamined the files have spouted similar info. So this "leaker" may just be hopping on the bandwagon. The only thing I don't really buy is the scrapped/indefinite hold stuff, that sounds like total bull**** since they already put Dexter content in the game if WB was super weird about not letting classic cartoons in.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We don't really know how far they are with Raven. And reminder, Jason was nowhere in the code nor remotely implied in the files, they had to essentially make him from scratch and he got priority over lots of characters with data and voice work in the files.

So you never know. He could be next year or this halloween, both are likely.
As well as Agent Smith. He wasn't in the datamines either.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

• Scooby-Doo
  • Ben 10
  • Mordecai
  • Godzilla
  • Harry Potter
  • Nubia
  • Craig of the Creek
  • Emmet/LEGO
  • Wile E. Coyote
  • Dexter
This sounds more like an educated guess than a actual leak, he's mostly mentionning characters we already knew about. If this is true tho, I don't really get why Mordecai would be on hold. Dexter and Coyote being scrapped would be very disappointing to me. I do hope WB let them work on characters with no upcoming projets in the future when the roster gets bigger.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's probably real tbh. Papagenos and legit leakers that datamined the files have spouted similar info. So this "leaker" may just be hopping on the bandwagon. The only thing I don't really buy is the scrapped/indefinite hold stuff, that sounds like total bull**** since they already put Dexter content in the game if WB was super weird about not letting classic cartoons in.
I mean… I’m fine with Nubia and Craig being cut. Craig is kinda nothing and Nubia is a character i actively don’t want. Honestly I think this “leak” is just the stuff from the datamines mixed with a little speculation. I doubt this is really “insiders giving out their exclusive secrets”.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

• Scooby-Doo
  • Ben 10
  • Mordecai
  • Godzilla
  • Harry Potter
  • Nubia
  • Craig of the Creek
  • Emmet/LEGO
  • Wile E. Coyote
  • Dexter
Eh, I'm not buying a few parts of this.

- The part about Dexter being scrapped. Not only is there the stage, the accidentally leaked character tag, and the constant hints and teases including one in the cinematic launch trailer, if it being a dormant IP was such a problem, why are there also characters from Gremlins, Iron Giant, Steven Universe and Samurai Jack in the game? Hell, The Wicked Witch counts, Wicked isn't being made or distributed by WB and yet here she comes.
I guess him being considered for season 1 kinda checks out given the Rift based around the lab, but I don't buy it that he's been 100% scrapped.

- Mordecai being put on indefinite hold doesn't sound right since he's such a hugely requested character, why would they decide against him?

- Nubia got scrapped but Pickle Rick hasn't? Yeah right.

- There's been a tease already at more SU content. SU feels like an easy IP to dunk on here.

- There's already leaked content for more GOT characters. There's only the one, Arya, so of course she isn't going to sell as much as DC who has like a kajillion character.

- It's a live service game. Why do they need to scrap Wile E Coyote just because they decided on Daffy instead? They put in Banana Guard just fine without it affecting Marceline's chances.

- The total lack of anything about Ruby Rose's status. You'd think given everything going on she'd be fresh on leakers' minds.

Honestly, this sounds more like educated guesses and parroting other leakers than anything legit. I'd need to actually hear from someone reputable first.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played as Smith through training mode. He seems all right, but not neat enough that I'm going to try and beat the rifts on Insanity difficulty to get him when I struggle enough with Crushing difficulty.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
That reddit post seems pretty fake to me. Like, WB didn't want PFG to add it Dexter, yet they were allowed to add in a stage, with music based on the original theme song from the show? AND the purple gloves in the trailer?

Also, Craig being cut when we just found a stage for it in the files?

This reddit post feels more like random guesses based on actual leaks and datamines.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I'm not buying a few parts of this.

- The part about Dexter being scrapped. Not only is there the stage, the accidentally leaked character tag, and the constant hints and teases including one in the cinematic launch trailer, if it being a dormant IP was such a problem, why are there also characters from Gremlins, Iron Giant, Steven Universe and Samurai Jack in the game? Hell, The Wicked Witch counts, Wicked isn't being made or distributed by WB and yet here she comes.
I guess him being considered for season 1 kinda checks out given the Rift based around the lab, but I don't buy it that he's been 100% scrapped.

- Mordecai being put on indefinite hold doesn't sound right since he's such a hugely requested character, why would they decide against him?

- Nubia got scrapped but Pickle Rick hasn't? Yeah right.

- There's been a tease already at more SU content. SU feels like an easy IP to dunk on here.

- There's already leaked content for more GOT characters. There's only the one, Arya, so of course she isn't going to sell as much as DC who has like a kajillion character.

- It's a live service game. Why do they need to scrap Wile E Coyote just because they decided on Daffy instead? They put in Banana Guard just fine without it affecting Marceline's chances.

- The total lack of anything about Ruby Rose's status. You'd think given everything going on she'd be fresh on leakers' minds.

Honestly, this sounds more like educated guesses and parroting other leakers than anything legit. I'd need to actually hear from someone reputable first.
Not to mention it doesn’t talk about Gandalf at all

Ivander

Smash Legend

• Scooby-Doo
  • Ben 10
  • Mordecai
  • Godzilla
  • Harry Potter
  • Nubia
  • Craig of the Creek
  • Emmet/LEGO
  • Wile E. Coyote
  • Dexter
I'll see what happens in the end.....:nifty:

I can definitely see corporate meddling in terms of character picks, not so much just with some of the character picks like Black Adam and Beetlejuice for promoting their movies, but because crossover games can sometimes suffer from it like any other game, like Playstation All-Stars and the Vs. Capcom series.
So Wile E. Coyote and Dexter getting meddled with certainly sounds like a possibility. Although if they plan on releasing 4 characters a season, they certainly aren't just going to scrap what they've done of them. Put them on hold, maybe, but outright scrap them in favor of franchises, movies and whatnot that are currently on-going or upcoming? They aren't always going to have picks ready at the go for movies, series and whatnot, so they will definitely need characters, regardless of whether they are on-going or not, to fill those spots when needed and outright scraping characters that are somewhat done is not going to do that.

Also, Game of Thrones and Steven Universe cosmetics not selling well? looks at the currant cosmetics their characters have at the moment I wonder why....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That reddit post seems pretty fake to me. Like, WB didn't want PFG to add it Dexter, yet they were allowed to add in a stage, with music based on the original theme song from the show? AND the purple gloves in the trailer?

Also, Craig being cut when we just found a stage for it in the files?

This reddit post feels more like random guesses based on actual leaks and datamines.
I think you're mixing up Craig of the Creek and Over the Garden Wall. There hasn't been a leaked stage for Craig of the Creek, unless I missed something big.

Top Bottom