• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

I thought papagenos wasnt ever right and we should ignore him?
That's Smash speculation, Papagenos has been completely legit in other platform fighter leaks since actual sources want to engage with him. He got everything right for MVS, he even got the upcoming comic book and storyline of it leaked a year in advance.

So far he confirmed the poor sales for Steven & Game of Thrones in the game but some of the stuff he read aren't right such as Nubia being scrapped he said.
Yeah (thank god for the Nubia info being wrong) but at least this makes clear that there's some legit info.

Where? His twitter doesn't show that.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
No, he's gotten some things right. Not entirely everything, but he mentioned the new Zelda game with a playable Zelda as well as Metroid Prime 4 getting a trailer soon before their reveal in the Nintendo Direct. He also hinted at Ruby Rose before the major Multiversus leak.

Now granted, he/his source has not been 100% correct, as the source that mentioned playable Zelda and Metroid Prime 4 implied that Metroid Prime 4 was going to be released this year while it was revealed in the trailer that it was being released next year. So his sources have not been 100% correct, but for the most part right now, the info he's been getting has been more right than it has been wrong.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That's Smash speculation, Papagenos has been completely legit in other platform fighter leaks since actual sources want to engage with him. He got everything right for MVS, he even got the upcoming comic book and storyline of it leaked a year in advance.

Yeah (thank god for the Nubia info being wrong) but at least this makes clear that there's some legit info.

This very tweet contains the following sentence.

" So I dunno, I can’t say for sure if it’s legit or not. "

That doesn't sound like confirmation to me. He says he had also heard Steven Universe characters have the lowest amount playtime wise (not based on skin sales) so that tracks, but that's far from an indicator that any of this is real.

This very tweet contains the following sentence.

" So I dunno, I can’t say for sure if it’s legit or not. "

That doesn't sound like confirmation to me. He says he had also heard Steven Universe characters have the lowest amount playtime wise (not based on skin sales) so that tracks, but that's far from an indicator that any of this is real.
"Some of it lines up with things Ive heard, some of it contradicts what I’ve heard"

A good chunk of the leak is legit.

Still feels weird to shut down speculation and doubt over the words of some guy. I doubt that Reddit leak and I doubt him.
Can't blame you for doubting the leak, a lot of it is false at least. But continuing to doubt PapaGenos would be a fool's errand tbh, he leaked everything in this game lmao.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For Smash, that's the case.

For NASB and especially Multiversus, he's been right on the money, down to basically revealing the entirety of Joker's trailer shot for shot over a year before we'd end up seeing it, and confirming the existence of the delayed comic book for the game a year and a half before its official reveal.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Im curious about Papagenos ever hearing about Banana Guard. If anything, i want that leaker to talk about the reasoning behind his addition

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
for nasb
Im curious about Papagenos ever hearing about Banana Guard. If anything, i want that leaker to talk about the reasoning behind his addition
he said he didn't hear about him until shortly before his reveal .

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
"Some of it lines up with things Ive heard, some of it contradicts what I’ve heard"

A good chunk of the leak is legit.

Can't blame you for doubting the leak, a lot of it is false at least. But continuing to doubt PapaGenos would be a fool's errand tbh, he leaked everything in this game lmao.
The wording of "some of it lines up with what I've heard" combined with the fact that some of it objectively contradicts what he has heard, plus the fact that this "leaker" has no evidence to back up their own claims and no track record points to the fact this is very clearly guesswork piggybacking off other more legitimate sources of information. Note how literally not a single character in this is a character who hasn't been mentioned by the reputable sources.

Lining up with some of what he's heard is not an indicator of this person having legitimate information.

It's very clearly a bunch of guesswork. You're putting too much stock in a text post from a nobody on reddit, especially when the most reputable source we have for information is straight up saying he doesn't know because of how it contradicts his sources. I trust Papa more than I trust some random no-name redditor.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The wording of "some of it lines up with what I've heard" combined with the fact that some of it objectively contradicts what he has heard, plus the fact that this "leaker" has no evidence to back up their own claims and no track record points to the fact this is very clearly guesswork piggybacking off other more legitimate sources of information. Note how literally not a single character in this is a character who hasn't been mentioned by the reputable sources.

Lining up with some of what he's heard is not an indicator of this person having legitimate information.

It's very clearly a bunch of guesswork. You're putting too much stock in a text post from a nobody on reddit, especially when the most reputable source we have for information is straight up saying he doesn't know because of how it contradicts his sources. I trust Papa more than I trust some random no-name redditor.
And I don’t trust either

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master

You're getting too focused on the wording when Papagenos says that all the time, stuff "lining up" with what he's heard. The fact that some of it may be real makes for an entertaining discussion. It may or may not be real, still worth entertaining at least, dunno if the "evidence" part is really fair since insider info almost always comes down to "dude trust me" Papagenos is on a similar deal, he doesn't give evidence either as that would literally out his sources.

it's fun to entertain though since MVS has been very dry lately. It is currently playing catch up for stuff that should've been in at launch.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Idk man, this "leak" seems to clearly bandwagoning off of existing info, then making educated guesses based on that info.

We know we're getting Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice next season. Jack is mostly complete and has full voicelines, a movelist, and skin data, while Beetlejuice is confirmed via text in the game's files suggesting he'll be unlocked in a similar vein to Agent Smith (i.e. completing rifts). The first rift of Season 2 may involve Jack as well.

Aquaman and the PPG also seem to be close to complete, as both have full voicelines and the former has skin data. It'd be reasonable to assume that one or both of them are coming next season (or none of them...we'll see).

Given that the Wicked Witch plays a pretty big role in the tie-in comic coming in September, she's likely being added at around that time, which lines up with the beginning of Season 3.

Marceline and Nubia are also actively being worked on, so it'd be reasonable for them to be added fairly soon.

The "Discipline" thing comes from one of the Gem types coming next season - this is probably associated with Samurai Jack.

The most damning thing in the leak that makes me think it's fake is that it says Pickle Rick is still his own character - given that there's voicelines in the game's files where he outright says he's a skin, I find that very unlikely.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You're getting too focused on the wording when Papagenos says that all the time, stuff "lining up" with what he's heard. The fact that some of it may be real makes for an entertaining discussion. It may or may not be real, still worth entertaining at least, dunno if the "evidence" part is really fair since insider info almost always comes down to "dude trust me" Papagenos is on a similar deal, he doesn't give evidence either as that would literally out his sources.

it's fun to entertain though since MVS has been very dry lately. It is currently playing catch up for stuff that should've been in at launch.
PapaGenos at least has circumstantial evidence on his side - the machete in the background of his video prior to Jason getting leaked, and Ruby appearing in the thumbnail prior to the datamine. This guy doesn't have that - and on top of that, has straight up said their source is the same as PapaGenos; if that's the case, both of their information should lineup much closer, but Papa saying "some of it lines up, some of it doesn't" and the user admitting they "want to be a leaker" both point to this being a bunch of guesswork.

If the user could give something unknown and specific enough that gets verified in the near future, then they're worth paying attention to; if not, then Occam's razor says they're just piggybacking off the actual leakers.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm kinda sad Steven Universe is the least played/profitable series on the roster, but it makes sense. The series is kind of on the niche side, and both characters were mediocre in the beta (with Steven having a high skill floor). Steven only had two pretty mediocre costumes in the beta, and Garnet isn't much better (Cotton Candy Garnet is the only one I've considered getting). Steven got some big buffs and Garnet's gotten some good skins (Wedding Steven is great but is free so it doesn't really matter for this), so hopefully things start turning around. I need Peridot and/or Spinel.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
More details from leaker

• Freddy Krueger has been persued, talks fell through but they're still trying
  • Fiona is coming as her own unique fighter
  • Totally Spies is something the team want. WB are interested due to the reboot coming to MAX
  • Smiling Friends has been talked about
  • Mordicai is coming. Both he and Rigby have the greenlight. Just not soon
  • Walter and Master Chief have both been heavily discussed. They haven't talked to Xbox yet. Walter has possible international issues
  • Fred Flintstone was going to be in the base roster. WB wanted to focus on propirtes with things to promote
  • Leaker has heard "conflicting things" about a Fosters rep

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm kinda sad Steven Universe is the least played/profitable series on the roster, but it makes sense. The series is kind of on the niche side, and both characters were mediocre in the beta (with Steven having a high skill floor). Steven only had two pretty mediocre costumes in the beta, and Garnet isn't much better (Cotton Candy Garnet is the only one I've considered getting). Steven got some big buffs and Garnet's gotten some good skins (Wedding Steven is great but is free so it doesn't really matter for this), so hopefully things start turning around. I need Peridot and/or Spinel.
Steven Universe was hugely popular for years, so I think it's less than the series is niche so much as just that the series is kind of "dormant" right now.

The main show ended in 2019 and hasn't really gotten much outside of appearances in crossovers and spin-offs since, and maybe like one more video game IIRC. Sure, Game of Thrones ended the same year, but it also obviously had an even bigger audience and it's gotten new material since in the form of House of the Dragon, not to mention that people are still waiting on the Winds of Winter to be completed and released.

Compared to a lot of other franchises in Multiversus, SU is still extremely well known, but doesn't have much ongoing content on it's own like most of the other modern franchises, nor quite the nostalgia value for characters from older franchises. Those might be the main reasons why SU is getting more lukewarm reception compared to much of the rest.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
More details from leaker

• Totally Spies is something the team want. WB are interested due to the reboot coming to MAX
  • Walter and Master Chief have both been heavily discussed. They haven't talked to Xbox yet. Walter has possible international issues
  • Fred Flintstone was going to be in the base roster. WB wanted to focus on propirtes with things to promote
If true AT will haveFinn, Jake, BG, Marcy and Fiona + Two stages. On top of all the content they give out, I think AT is one of the easier ips for them to work with

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
More details from leaker

Well, if nothing else, at least this is stuff that wasn't implied by other leakers, making it falsifiable.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm still taking it with a grain of salt, but if we're seriously losing Dexter, one of my pipe dream most wanted, when we were THIS close to getting him and after countless teases? Man, that's just flat out unfair.

One thing I think should change is how they do events. Just some extra limited missions for some fomo junk skins (that you need anyway because of rifts) isn't really all that compelling. When they had a thing called "Team Batman vs Team Joker" with the shirts and everything, I thought it was going to be something like Splatfests where you choose a side and actually fight to earn points for your team. Something like that would have been way cooler.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
More details from leaker

Makes sense I guess. Her proportions are a lot different than Finn's. Meanwhile Jake and Cake are a bit closer with their proportions.

Also if true, Totally Spies would be a huge surprise. Didn't think they'd even be considered.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Makes sense I guess. Her proportions are a lot different than Finn's. Meanwhile Jake and Cake are a bit closer with their proportions.

Also if true, Totally Spies would be a huge surprise. Didn't think they'd even be considered.
Same here. But WB apparently payed out to get the original show on Max + the reboot so they may want to make use of that

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Totally Spies is the part that makes me doubt this more than anything else. It's a B-tier third party franchise known online as the show which every episode being "the writer's barely disguised fetish"

There's no way that's priority. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Walter White has a bigger chance than that.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Totally Spies is the part that makes me doubt this more than anything else. It's a B-tier third party franchise known online as the show which every episode being "the writer's barely disguised fetish"

There's no way that's priority. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Walter White has a bigger chance than that.
I would have agreed if it weren't for the HBO max reboot that's coming out. WB cleary see some value in the ip

Having access to the IP on the streaming service doesn't guarantee anything
Of course but it does blatantly prove that the IP is still relevant and Papagenos himself has said that PFG has been desperate for a lot more female characters in their roster. Both for variety and to sell skins.

Well, if nothing else, at least this is stuff that wasn't implied by other leakers, making it falsifiable.
Papagenos has said at least half of that stuff in his Q&A MVS leak streams lol

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of course but it does blatantly prove that the IP is still relevant and Papagenos himself has said that PFG has been desperate for a lot more female characters in their roster. Both for variety and to sell skins.

Papagenos has said at least half of that stuff in his Q&A MVS leak streams lol
I'm talking about the stuff that wasn't said. Stuff like Freddy Krueger, Foster's, and Totally Spies, none of which were brought up by PG to my knowledge.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I'm still taking it with a grain of salt, but if we're seriously losing Dexter, one of my pipe dream most wanted, when we were THIS close to getting him and after countless teases? Man, that's just flat out unfair.

One thing I think should change is how they do events. Just some extra limited missions for some fomo junk skins (that you need anyway because of rifts) isn't really all that compelling. When they had a thing called "Team Batman vs Team Joker" with the shirts and everything, I thought it was going to be something like Splatfests where you choose a side and actually fight to earn points for your team. Something like that would have been way cooler.
Well if that's what your concerned about(the splatfest thing) have you thought about asking the PFG team to try to make it as an online event for people to do? it could help them find ways to have players engage into the game and keep people playing online.

They're always hearing what we have to say so you can share your idea to them on twitter.

You got nothing to worry about LimeTH, Dexter isn't ever scrapped that's legit not how PFG's game development works. They don't throw away resources willy nilly, they kept and updated Gandalf and his own resources. He's more likely in the alternative limbo that reddit info guy mentioned, "delayed and held off" aka having 0 chance of coming anytime soon within the first 3 seasons due to prioritizing other chars.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You got nothing to worry about LimeTH, Dexter isn't ever scrapped that's legit not how PFG's game development works. They don't throw away resources willy nilly, they kept and updated Gandalf and his own resources. He's more likely in the alternative limbo that reddit info guy mentioned, "delayed and held off" aka having 0 chance of coming anytime soon within the first 3 seasons due to prioritizing other chars.
Here's hopin'.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It was updated to give away Lebron James in a hoodie and sweatpants.
On the one hand, it's a decent skin and free skins are always nice. On the other, I don't have LeBron yet, I don't play LeBron anyway, yet how do I have 3 variants for Lebron and why do I have more varied skins for him than any other characters? :confused:

Top Bottom