• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Those leaked voice lines tease Wicked Witch and possibly Beetlejuice

Jack directly references Flying Monkeys and a witch multiple times, and Buttercup mentions she hates fighting undead guys (though this could also refer to Jason.

Also, hearing the PPG geek out about Superman and Wonder Woman is adorable. And Aquaman praises them for being heroes! My heart.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Those leaked voice lines tease Wicked Witch and possibly Beetlejuice

Jack directly references Flying Monkeys and a witch multiple times, and Buttercup mentions she hates fighting undead guys (though this could also refer to Jason.

Also, hearing the PPG geek out about Superman and Wonder Woman is adorable. And Aquaman praises them for being heroes! My heart.
They may also tease a rumoured clone fighter, lots of lines about Pickles

Faso115

Smash Lord
So um, to unlock Agent smith "early" you have to beat 20 rifts. Only 2 are available rn.

On the bright side, i heard you can reset rifts. Any crazy person over there wanna test that out?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
So um, to unlock Agent smith "early" you have to beat 20 rifts. Only 2 are available rn.

On the bright side, i heard you can reset rifts. Any crazy person over there wanna test that out?
I've heard that the different difficulties count as seperate rifts aswell. Haven't tested this out tho.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Agent Smith lines got datamined as well. One of them is

"Braniac was right about you." Possible tease for him?

If it's not actually Weaving it's a solid impression
Agent Smith reference Brainiac in a voice line. Could be an incoming vilain?
It's entirely possible these are supposed to be directed at Superman.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Agent Smith lines got datamined as well. One of them is

"Braniac was right about you." Possible tease for him?

If it's not actually Weaving it's a solid impression
I really doubt it, this is probably a line referring to Superman. I don't think lines that mention a character in passing while talking to another character really prove anything.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Was able to get in and played a few matches, Wow I really like Jason.

Overall I think the game does function better, the menus are nicer and things flow just fine. Although I have real big Nitpicks, like not having a random variant option, and other things like buried menus and the not great perk screen. Not a big fan of the zoomed in camera, it feels a bit claustrophobic, but that is a me thing I prefer a zoomed out fixed camera in Platfighters. Monetization is seriously in your face and kind of annoying once again unfortunately. Also not being able to play as locked characters in training mode is some serious bull****

I have yet to receive the Twitch drops but all of my stuff from the beta transferred.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, they should also really add Freakazoid content to the game. Imagine if Candlejack was made playab
I like the idea, but I feel like Warner Bros Deadpool won’t be coming for a while.

Does Spielberg have any other WB properties? I don’t remember who Jurassic Park belongs to, though I fear that’s Universal’s.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea, but I feel like Warner Bros Deadpool won’t be coming for a while.

Does Spielberg have any other WB properties? I don’t remember who Jurassic Park belongs to, though I fear that’s Universal’s.
I mean, Spielberg produced tiny toon, animaniacs, and everything else in that ilk so yeah

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
...with some of this stuff, I genuinely have to wonder, did they watch my first video? Lmaoooo

I mean, obviously five months ago would've been way too late to start developing some of this but like:

• Dexter
  • Aquaman as an early DC rep
  • Gremlins Theatre Stage
  • Cat Concerto Stage
  • Possibly Ruby

I'm gonna at least take pride in predicting some of this, should it come to fruition

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
...with some of this stuff, I genuinely have to wonder, did they watch my first video? Lmaoooo

I mean, obviously five months ago would've been way too late to start developing some of this but like:

• Dexter
  • Aquaman as an early DC rep
  • Gremlins Theatre Stage
  • Cat Concerto Stage
  • Possibly Ruby

I'm gonna at least take pride in predicting some of this, should it come to fruition
Mind if you share your video i am interested in seeing it.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like the Green Lantern power cell wasn't a hint. It's a background element in the actual stage.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So it looks like the Green Lantern power cell wasn't a hint. It's a background element in the actual stage.
Rest in Piece, Green Lantern's Chances i guess.

Atleast Raven's Pentagram Ritual means she has a chance since it's not present.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Do remember that namedrops don't guarantee that a character is coming. Just got a game where Batman complains that joker in multiversus is worse that the time he teamed up with Mr. Freeze and i don't think Freeze is dropping any time soon.

That said, some voicelines are clearly referring to unreleased fighters but this is always just future proofing. Almost all the voicelines that are new from Batman are like that (due to the situation regarding Conroy's passing)

darkvortex

Smash Champion
they have seemingly went for a new Jack stage over their plan to reskin mordor as akus lair. Might be a good sign for LoTR content

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Played a good while, it's still a fun enough game but man, they gotta pull the camera back in 1v1 and 1v2 it is WAY too cramped in there.

Top Bottom