• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what's all the evidence and proof of Godzilla happening? I read a while back how Godzilla may have been potentially amongst those characters scrapped (Alongside Gandalf and Harry Potter) but now that might not be the case and might have changed?

Really hoping we also get King Kong as well at some point. The MonsterVerse version.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
I for one would definitely wouldn't oppose to Goku happening. He easily fits Multiversus more than he does with Smash. Unlike Smash, Dragon Ball does have some history with Warner Bros. such as airing on Toonami and CN.

Also people will finally fight against each other with Goku vs. Superman!
Frankly, I want Gohan because of this alone.

Good times. Funny how these memes become real (Multiversus Shaggy and Beast Gohan from Superhero).

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Papagenos says Aquaman was the mystery DC rep he teased forever ago. It was meant to be another movie tie-in promotion fighter but obviously missed the timing

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Re: Goku. I wouldn't say his chances are super high, but I think if you look specifically at non-WB characters, he's probably up there considering Tony said he would love anime characters to get in and we know that they're trying to go with a lot of popular request (according to PapaGenos, the team is even discussing characters that were request for Smash such as Master chief), so I think Goku would make sense, but I'm personally not expecting any non-WB characters at least for the first year, because they probably have a backlog of finished WB characters to released and then they might go crazier with some picks if the game is succesful enough.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Anime Fighters, Naruto was quite popular back in the days that it even aired on CN normally outside of Toonami. CN also helped so many folks to get into it which is why it was so popular in US back then.

Like Fortnite, maybe Naruto could be the first anime candidate?

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Also a character universe for RWBY was spotted
Plus announcer packs for all three PPG and Mojo Jojo
Just files or have any actual voice clips been found?

Someone get me up to speed on the RWBY situation? I know they closed the studio but did they sell off the IP or something?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion

Someone get me up to speed on the RWBY situation? I know they closed the studio but did they sell off the IP or something?
We don't know yet. There was talk of selling it but I've also heard they're keeping it so who knows

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Regarding RWBY, the company behind the IP closed with WB planning to sell the IP.

Depending on when the initial files were added, it may be Gandalf 2.0.

WB still owns the IP however so it may be a use before gone situation.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
More leaks

shark hats are part of a crossover with. Shark Week.

New costume data found:
"DC Bombshell Wonder Womans" "Earth-0 Harley Quinn" "Ex-I.C.O.N. Agent Morty" "Golfer Marvin the Martian" "Anti-Life Superman" "Historical Friction Steven" "I.C.O.N. Director Sanchez" "Knights Must Fall Bugs Bunny". Pride month skins for some characters have also been found

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
For launch? Dexter's Lab and Townsville Hall. That's it really.

I also managed to snag a code for Matrix banana guard. Code is CEQHEYAYNKT49SJRROKM but might run out soon
Thanks much. Watched the launch party video before and it was too chaotic to be able to get any codes.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So rifts always plays a cinematic when you enter, i suppose they are meant to line-up with character trailers. Jason's is an unique cinematic with dialogue featured from the gameplay trailer.

I do wonder what they have planned for the fourth rift....i guess Agent Smith's trailer?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The Adventure Time favoritism is crazy, I get that it's CN most popular show but come on, give another show a stage.
I agree that I’d prefer them to tap into other universes, but they did just give us a Dexter and PPG stage with the Teen Titans one on the horizon. I don't think it's a big deal at the moment. Even outside of the CN sphere we're getting WB / Animaniacs, Game of Thrones, etc etc. I'm a bit surprised at how much of a focus it has been too but as long as all these other series are getting some rep I'm perfectly fine with it.

It does help that Adventure Time has a pretty vast well of dynamic locations to choose from, characters who lend themselves naturally to a fighting game etc etc. Banana Guard inevitably kinda poisoned the well here where an inevitable fourth AT character will start to seriously raise eyebrows even if its someone fully warranted like Marceline or Ice King.

Leak talk: I hope Aquaman is voiced by John DiMaggio like in Brave and the Bold. He brings a lot of flair to the character and he's already involved with Multiversus, so that's a slam dunk in my eyes.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
voice lines are being leaked. I dunno what the rules about posting that stuff here is

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
What other animes had association with Cartoon Network/Toonami?
there's honestly a ton of them out there, aside from the ones mentioned here already i'd point to some particularly important icons to the network specifically (seperate to just their cultural significance like dbz or jjba or whatever) as being flcl, cowboy bebop and samurai champaloo (each for their own reasons)

Also a character universe for RWBY was spotted
Edit: Apparently Ruby Rose was spotted, although with the Rooster Teeth situation it may be too late. Hope she releases as she was one of my most wanted characters.
Plus announcer packs for all three PPG and Mojo Jojo
damn, this goes hard!! i really hope they release too, the situation surrounding them sucks and i hope they'll be included because there's tons of potential for them moveset-wise plus like. idk they'd just be really cool

More leaks

shark hats are part of a crossover with. Shark Week.

New costume data found:
"DC Bombshell Wonder Womans" "Earth-0 Harley Quinn" "Ex-I.C.O.N. Agent Morty" "Golfer Marvin the Martian" "Anti-Life Superman" "Historical Friction Steven" "I.C.O.N. Director Sanchez" "Knights Must Fall Bugs Bunny". Pride month skins for some characters have also been found
...honestly shark hats are such a clever method of tying into that like as weird as it is
then again this reduces the possibility of ikea blahaj being added to the game
and uh. pride skins based ngl

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Warner Bros. still has the rights to RWBY currently as far as we know, not to mention that the Justice League crossover movies are still a thing, so if this leak is legitimate, it's entirely possible that, if no one else, Ruby might still join the roster.

The other leaked newcomers are hype as well. I wonder if Aku might eventually join the battle at some point if Jack is already there.

Top Bottom