• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Faso115

Smash Lord
I find it funny how almost any request from smiling friends defaults to either Mr. Boss or Gwimbly due to the smash parody at the end of the Gwimbly episode.

Gwimbly would actually make a decent joke character ngl

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
My most wanted is still Emmett or Unikitty, but I’m not expecting it this point. (They have barely any support that I’ve seen, nor do they have any marketing pressure since WB won‘t be making any more LEGO movies and the Unikitty! show ended.)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Personally hoping for Daffy with Duck Dodgers costumes over Duck Dodgers himself. People keep saying it should be Dodgers to keep him from being too similar to Bugs, but Marvin is there too. Dodgers would be even more similar to Marvin than Daffy would be to Bugs.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Personally hoping for Daffy with Duck Dodgers costumes over Duck Dodgers himself. People keep saying it should be Dodgers to keep him from being too similar to Bugs, but Marvin is there too. Dodgers would be even more similar to Marvin than Daffy would be to Bugs.
Yeah, and you can add Duck Dodgers stuff to regular Daffy but you can't add regular Daffy stuff to Duck Dodgers

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah, and you can add Duck Dodgers stuff to regular Daffy but you can't add regular Daffy stuff to Duck Dodgers
Exactly. A composite Daffy would be best.

They hired the guy who did those fantastic fan animations so I hope they just go and use those. It’s everything I could want in Daffy in this game.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Let's see...
  • Confirmed - Already in game
  • Leaked - Revealed before confirmation
  • Hinted - Items and objects in trailers
  • Datamined - Found in files
  • Limbo - Issues with copyrights/licenses
  • PFG Office - Dunno what that is
PFG office is character that were hint in some recent picture of Player first game office. Matrix was hint also and Agent Smith was revealed shortly after, so we can assume the other 2 will come eventually too.

Faso115

Smash Lord
John Tobias being in PFG is weird. Is he part of the team? Cause if not i have no clue why he's there. I do know he's not a netherrealm writer either.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Double post on purpose:

Rifts mode allows one to unlock Agent Smith for free.

Edit: Two weeks early to be specific. Think of it like the Sephiroth challenge in Smash.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When will it be ready for PC?

Faso115

Smash Lord
Jason rift seems to be available next monday. So i guess the Agent smith rift if those drop once a week should be available around June 17th at the earliest

Wont be surprised if his moveset is datamined before launch

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Is anyone else unable to play with actual players? None of the players I connect with feel real at all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What are the chances we could potentially get Goku in Multiversus?

It's far more likely than Smash that's for certain.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So for anyone who's got the game, how much grinding does it take to get Smith? Cause i checked and there are only 2 rifts available, jason's unlocking next week.

Is it by points or by time played?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So for anyone who's got the game, how much grinding does it take to get Smith? Cause i checked and there are only 2 rifts available, jason's unlocking next week.

Is it by points or by time played?
From what I understand it’s by bosses defeated at the end of a rift.

1 boss equals 1 point, with each difficulty level also giving a point.

No one has Smith at this time as there aren’t enough bosses to get him.

Faso115

Smash Lord
From what I understand it’s by bosses defeated at the end of a rift.

1 boss equals 1 point, with each difficulty level also giving a point.

No one has Smith at this time as there aren’t enough bosses to get him.
A boss as in final boss like the Joker or just special fights in the rift? In theory u can just replay the boss till you get smith?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge

I honestly wouldn't write off anime characters, but I don't necessarily think some of the more popular characters people have suggested would be as likely as people think (given the amount of money that'd probably be in licensing, and maybe some of the difficulty behind that.) That said, I do still think they'd be cool.

Random side note but I feel like one of the more underdiscussed "likely" candidates in this role would probably be Haruko Haruhara from FLCL - it's not a big enough franchise to cost a fortune in licensing, but FLCL was a pretty big part of [adult swim] and Toonami history to the point that [as] was the premiere of Progressive and outright ordered Grunge and Shoegaze, plus Haruko fighting with a guitar containing a pullstring that activates a chainsaw or a rocket launcher that she can also use as a hoverboard while driving a Vespa that can travel at the speed of light through deep space would be a pretty fun moveset

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I've always partially associated Dragonball with Cartoon Network, since it's been a Toonami staple as long as Toonami has existed, and CN used to use DB and DBZ as the poster boys for the block in the marketing back in the day, so while it was rare, it wasn't impossible to see Goku bumping elbows with other CN characters in commercials and online stuff.

So yeah I think more than Smash or NASB, Goku could get into MVS, and I'd be cool with that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A boss as in final boss like the Joker or just special fights in the rift? In theory u can just replay the boss till you get smith?
From research, it’s the entire rift clear. And it only counts once per rift though higher difficulties are unique clears (so the lowest and highest difficulty is two points).

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I want Yugi or Ash from Pokemon to be in MVS as anime candiates. Since the two used to be poster boys for Kids WB and even crossing over with other Warner IPs a few times.

Also Gohan from Dragon Ball to make the memes come full circle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Personally, I want Yugi or Ash from Pokemon to be in MVS as anime candiates.
Konami would probably be fine with Yami Yugi.

Nintendo has collaborated heavily with WB Games to port MK11/MK1, but they’d never let them touch Ash unless he’s Switch exclusive. :dr^_^:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I for one would definitely wouldn't oppose to Goku happening. He easily fits Multiversus more than he does with Smash. Unlike Smash, Dragon Ball does have some history with Warner Bros. such as airing on Toonami and CN.

Also people will finally fight against each other with Goku vs. Superman!

Last edited:

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Personally, I want Yugi or Ash from Pokemon to be in MVS as anime candiates. Since the two used to be poster boys for Kids WB and even crossing over with other Warner IPs a few times.

Also Gohan from Dragon Ball to make the memes come full circle.
I'd rather have Mewtwo instead of Ash if it were even remotely possible to have a Pokémon character.

Just so I can have him and Samurai Jack encounter each other like that one CN advert from years ago that spliced scenes from different shows/animated films.

Real Gs remember when the Kankers opened their door to see Mewtwo, who turns around to see Jack while both are surrounded by flames.

Top Bottom