• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multishine: an extensive guide -updated 8/13/10

Turazrok

Smash Master
Couple questions.

Is this how to multishine?

Should I actually be jumping out of the shine?

Rian

Smash Cadet
Couple questions.

Is this how to multishine?

Should I actually be jumping out of the shine?
Yes, I don't know which buttons you use to jump, but you have to jump out of your first shine and reshine within the jump-frame lag (which was about 1/12 of a second right?).

What works for me is the following, start up with a shine, then slide your finger from Y to B whilst keeping the control stick down obviously. Again what works for me (and this is just a tip, not THE BEST way, but A WAY) is to use the section of your thumb where the last and second to last bone connect.

At first I had troubles with that, until I realised the JC-shine didn't need to be a SH, you just have to JC it. It takes a while to figure the timing out, but once you get the feel for the timing a double shine is easy to drop out. Still find it hard to do over three though.... And this stuff is truly a pain in the *** when you attempt it for the first time... And remains to be, till you do not overthink it too much.

P.S. Never use training mode with speed reduction, maybe in the start to look at how you exactly have to do it. But training there really messes up your button timing in the long run. Since the actually gamespeed is always the speed you want to train your tech-skills on.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
half a second is like forever in this game

listen to Rian, he has it down, you just have to shine on the 6th frame of the jump if you want to be technical

Waynebruce

Smash Cadet
i know this could be kinda uselees, but why not post sounds? i mean, sounds of the speed of the buttons, so it will become easier to the beginners to practice/do it.

Waynebruce

Smash Cadet
i still dont understand the practical uses... once i blocked a fox fsmash and shined again to death but...thats all.

But man, its so cool looking. And im sure my opponents tremble when they rear the pri pri pri pri pri pri pri after they die =P

EDIT: it should sound the same for falco`s JC shine?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Too bad I jump using the contorl stick, I'll have to learn to use X :(

Thanks for this guide!
switch to Y , its easier to JC shine cuz you can slide your thumb from B to y and back faster. BUt w/e floats your boat.

Doc71890

Smash Cadet
i have been trying to do this for so long, then i read this guide and get it in like 2 minutes, legit guide Strat

j3ly

Smash Champion
This was brilliant, and totaly explains why fox falcos shines feel a little different. Thanks alot! I watched this on an itouch unfortunatly but I'll definatly check the gifs later on.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
haha hell yea!!! I serve breakfast all day, shine turnaround backairs from the ground.

but I cant waveshine with fox, only falco lol :(
Fox waveshine: try pressing the R with the tip of your finger/nail when you try to waveshine with fox, cos with the tip of your finger, i press it quicker than the whole finger.

for others:
For shine bair, if you leave the jump so falcos coming down then shine bair, the bair comes out quicker.

Also, everytime when youre on ground, try to SH into them then shine bair instead running into them and shine bair cos the bair is quicker.

with a fox shine bair, you have to aim for the bottom part of the opponent and predict which directiong theyl go before bair and DIing in that direction, try to time the shine so it comes out after the peak of the full jump.

hope that helped

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I left this not long after I made it and didn't realize it was stickied and all the images had gone down from the site I hosted them on. I remade the images and revamped the guide entirely. Its much neater and more complete now so I hope you like it!

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Wow. This thread is way more active than the one posted in the Fox forum. Nice guide btw.

MasterLance

Smash Rookie
lhskfla

Wow. If I can get the timing right vs a shield, then this would be an awesome technique to add to my arsenal.

voorhese

Smash Master
What would cause me to just shine then short hop, the shine never comes out. I can multishine with fox np.

voorhese

Smash Master
hmmmm, that would make sense, I wonder if once I get this down my multishining with falco will be better than with fox, because doesn't his cause more shieldstun?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Just shine an extra time to catch em pushing buttons. Do it grounded so you don't go to neutral if you're wrong. You don't just start multishining and hope they forget to roll.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well ****. For the longest time, I though shine was JCable on the first frame not the fourth (excluding hitlag). I think the perfect control video gave me that idea, he seemed to be doing like 15 shines a second as fox (which would require shine to be JCable instantly instead of frame four) but maybe I was just so surprised to see them done so fast (a long time ago before I could even use shine that well), that I got the impression that there was literally no lag. I owe someone an apology for so vehemently insisting that this was the case, as well.

D1

Banned via Administration
So mad I never seen this thread sooner...holding down+forward to stay close to 'em while multishining within the threshold that allows you to avoid SideB?!! GENIUS!!!

BLU2

Smash Rookie
Too bad I jump using the contorl stick, I'll have to learn to use X :(

Thanks for this guide!
I can only double shine and only with the control stick. I usually jump with 'y' unless shine > short hop (with control stick). however I practice and practice. trust me. I can't shine more than three times using the control stick :/ I'ma try using 'y' for multi shine cause that shield pressure is a great tool

Top Bottom