• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC4: Legacy of Legends in Smash EXtended; Ann Arbor, MI 2/6/10

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Does that mean Kenny-azure, can't come? =(

and @ mikey and Arc. It's a shame you guys have to work. x__x Hope to see you both at the next tourney after this.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I am taking 96 to AA, so I am passing through Lansing and I have one seat open.
I live in East Lansing, so I'll probably be driving him unless he can't go to Iris' on Friday.

However, I was thinking about going to Plymouth after the tournament, but I know I am at least driving fZk from East Lansing. Would you be able to drive him back?

I also need a teammate.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Hey Scotu, how long would you say it usually take to get through the singles bracket? 2 hours? Because like I said, if it starts at 7, I can just show up late to that one party if it isn't going to take too long. But once I win/lose this thing, I'll have to hightail it out of there. :( And obviously it will last shorter if I suck that day.

I'm still deciding if I can come to this. It's hard to choose between one of your favorite hobbies and someone you've been close to for over a year. (Goddy please don't kill me lol) :x
Singles Bracket will be over at around 11pm, but 80% of it will be done within 2 hours. However, if you were planning on showing up to do the singles bracket, it would be mildly worthless if you didn't do pools at noon.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well who knows, if things run smoothly and people don't hog setups unnecessarily for friendlies/MMs (I'll be a douche to people who refuse to get up) then maybe we can finish a little earlier than 11. 10pm would be a nice time to try and finish imo.

Sumer

Smash Ace
I'm kind of confused as to who I'm going with now. lol I usually go with WTP but I wasn't sure if you were gonna go to this one. x.x As long as I get there and back I don't really have a problem with who I go with. XD

Also, if I'm going I guess I need a teammate as well. o.o Anyone who I've teamed with in the past or I know would be nice. lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Singles Bracket will be over at around 11pm, but 80% of it will be done within 2 hours. However, if you were planning on showing up to do the singles bracket, it would be mildly worthless if you didn't do pools at noon.
Wait, why are we doing this format? We don't have to jump through hoops to handle both games at this event, and there will probably be people who won't be able to make it as early as 12 but don't have any intent to enter doubles either.

Roller

Smash Legend
Wait, why are we doing this format? We don't have to jump through hoops to handle both games at this event, and there will probably be people who won't be able to make it as early as 12 but don't have any intent to enter doubles either.
Yeah, a friend of mine might not be able to make it right on time.

If we do wind up doing it this way, can I sign him up if he isn't there by noon?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It lets us start singles while doubles are still going, and we have a larger singles bracket than previous LoLiS.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I see. So the estimated time of singles brackets ending is indeed 11pm? Might there be a possibility of it ending sooner?

Not that I'd rush anyone or anything, I'm just curious.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, it's usually the last 4 (or sometimes the "unlucky" 5) sets (i.e. W/L/G Finals + Losers Semifinals) that take the last 1.5-2 hours.

Note that it NEEDS to be done by 11, but historically, it's gone up to that time limit, but that's when running dual game tournaments. I'm all for having it finish faster.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That's good to know. If you need any help getting peoples' attention or getting them situated for their scheduled matches please let me know.

Early finish/clearing of setups = time for more friendlies/MMs overall, then everyone wins. ^.^

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ahhh ok. I think I got it?
Woah my bad, your post wasn't there when I was busy typing/posting my last one. Of course we're still teaming if you're able to get up there!

I only wanted to find an alternate partner just in case. Hey Ankoku, I apologize but Beegs is my original partner and as long as he can make it I'll team with him. But on the off chance that he can't, is it still alright to team with you? There was just a misunderstanding of if he was coming or not on my part.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
i know this is kinda off topic but i have to do a 25 person survey for my psychology class and i was going to bring it to this would anyone want to take one? u dont need to if you dont want to but just giving a heads up if i ask u saturday

Roller

Smash Legend
i know this is kinda off topic but i have to do a 25 person survey for my psychology class and i was going to bring it to this would anyone want to take one? u dont need to if you dont want to but just giving a heads up if i ask u saturday
Depends. How long/many questions is it?

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
aw man pools starts at noon? I wanted to just show up for singles because I'm not sure I can spend a whole day smashing, but it looks like I'll have to if I come anyway.

Yeah so I'll probably be there...I guess. Any good doubles partners still out there?

Sumer

Smash Ace
I usually get around 5th if Ankoku or Sauce Boss end up need a partner. Although my usual partners use like snake or mk.

I kinda still need one, and I'm still unsure as to who I'm riding with to and back from this. XD

I'll just wait for replies I guess. *hypes*

Sumer

Smash Ace
Oh, so Smashfest at Iris's then you're gonna stay there til the morning then go to the tourney? I can go on friday night if that's the plan. lol

Also, if you try to contact me you should probably call instead of text. Cause I think I always get your texts like hours late for some reason. q.q

judge!

Smash Ace
i dont think iris will mind sumer just post on mi discussion thread

D

Deleted member

SOoOoOoO

My friends transmission broke and that means I can't go anymore. :(

UNLESS

someone wants to pick me up/drop me off. I live in Lansing and I'd pay for gas. :ohwell:

Demp

Smash Journeyman
I have one seat left in my car, and maybe 2 but it would be a dirty ****ing chair since it has been sitting outside for over a year. But if Sumer doesn't need a ride from me then I can pick you up probably, Goddy.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
aw man pools starts at noon? I wanted to just show up for singles because I'm not sure I can spend a whole day smashing, but it looks like I'll have to if I come anyway.

Yeah so I'll probably be there...I guess. Any good doubles partners still out there?
If Beegs shows up and teams with KB, let's go. I have the perfect game plan.

I'll KO the opponents by tipper fsmashing you at them so that they get KO'd by your flying body.

Sumer

Smash Ace
I have one seat left in my car, and maybe 2 but it would be a dirty ****ing chair since it has been sitting outside for over a year. But if Sumer doesn't need a ride from me then I can pick you up probably, Goddy.
I think I'm going to Iris's smashfest, staying the night, and riding with WTP. Thanks for the offer though Demp. ^^

*bump looking for a teammate* I might just end up getting one at the venue like usual. XD

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Does that mean I can go? :):):):)
Mhmmmm. Want to give me your AIM so we can discuss the details some time?

And Iris, I am not coming. I didn't know there was anything on Friday. lol

edit- But I can come if L_Cancel and Goddy are able to come too.

Top Bottom