• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC4: Legacy of Legends in Smash EXtended; Ann Arbor, MI 2/6/10

Roller

Smash Legend
wait you play at uofm with 4-7 other ppl? where can i get in on this

We play most saturdays usually 9pm-12 (sometimes later)am. There are more players than that; that's just how many are gonna be heading to the tourney; but I'd say that's the avg number that show up on a given week for us. We're on central campus, usually meet in Angell Hall and commandeer a room (with a projector when available).

Usually have 2 set ups going. Normally just brawl, but I finally got some melee going last night as well. Player skill varies, we have some pretty good players as well as some more novice ones who we've been working with.

I also usually wind up playing with people in my hall for at least an hour or so each day. Had 4 of us in here for about 2 hours today.

I'm pretty free on most monday and wednesday (sometimes friday) nights and thursday afternoons. If you want to do training sometime I'll pm you my number. If you get me your email I can have the guy who sends the group emails for the saturday group add yours to it.

Hopefully we can get a few games in sometime soon.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Saturday nights look iffy but I'll see what I can do. but pm me your number please so I have it just in case, where do you live on campus btw?

Roller

Smash Legend
rollerking, do you guys play 64 or melee at all?
also, anyone wanna team lol
As a matter of fact a few of us do. We're not too great yet, I only picked it up in late december (haven't played since brawl came out, and I never used to play it seriously.) That being said I feel I'm improving pretty fast. Have wavedashing down pat, short hopping obv, and L-canceling/teching I've gotten much better at doing on a regular basis. I'm VERY interested in playing better melee players and improving. I'm gonna be goin to Apex 2 and want to be... Not a joke? by then. 64 some people on my floor play, but not at a very competitive level, and I'm god awful at it.

Definitely let me know if you want to play some melee though. I've got quite a bit of free time both throughout the week and on the weekend to play. If you want to come to the saturday group get me your email, I'll get you on the mailing list.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ok since I've decided that since nobody else can do this I'll come if Mew2King attends this so I can Dededecide him.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
The only reason why I am iffy on it is because they are kind of old (from the 90's), so the pictures may be a little dark. I am going to test them out to see if it is that much of a big deal for stages like FD or Japes.

Roller

Smash Legend
The only reason why I am iffy on it is because they are kind of old (from the 90's), so the pictures may be a little dark. I am going to test them out to see if it is that much of a big deal for stages like FD or Japes.

My wii is hacked and has a brighter background for FD, so that probably wouldn't be much of a problem. Jungle Japes might be though.

zDuck

Smash Journeyman

We play most saturdays usually 9pm-12 (sometimes later)am. There are more players than that; that's just how many are gonna be heading to the tourney; but I'd say that's the avg number that show up on a given week for us. We're on central campus, usually meet in Angell Hall and commandeer a room (with a projector when available).

Usually have 2 set ups going. Normally just brawl, but I finally got some melee going last night as well. Player skill varies, we have some pretty good players as well as some more novice ones who we've been working with.

I also usually wind up playing with people in my hall for at least an hour or so each day. Had 4 of us in here for about 2 hours today.

I'm pretty free on most monday and wednesday (sometimes friday) nights and thursday afternoons. If you want to do training sometime I'll pm you my number. If you get me your email I can have the guy who sends the group emails for the saturday group add yours to it.

Hopefully we can get a few games in sometime soon.
why haven't u guys hung out with 6th pillar yet? O.o

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Update on my TVs:

My mom is giving away one of them, but the other extra TV still works and I offered it to L_Cancel for his setup. So we will arrive with 2 setups, but no extra TVs.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
So this hot girl I know is having her birthday party on the same day as this. :( So should I choose:

Playing the game I love most with a whole bunch of awesome people all day?

or

Going to this hot girl's birthday party?

Vote. lol Idk, I plan on telling her that the tournament's on the same day and that I've been looking forward to it for awhile...just to keep her guessing. ;) I honestly still don't know what I'm doing, tough decision.

Roller

Smash Legend
First of all. You plan on telling her you might pick playing a videogame over celebrating her birthday with her? In my experience telling a girl you can't hang out with her (and this is on just a normal day) because you want to play videogames doesn't end well. If you wind up not going to her party, I'd make up another excuse.

As for whether or not you should go to her party. Depends on whether you think she wants you or not. If she does, I'd say go to the party. If not, come to the tourney.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
First of all. You plan on telling her you might pick playing a videogame over celebrating her birthday with her? In my experience telling a girl you can't hang out with her (and this is on just a normal day) because you want to play videogames doesn't end well. If you wind up not going to her party, I'd make up another excuse.

As for whether or not you should go to her party. Depends on whether you think she wants you or not. If she does, I'd say go to the party. If not, come to the tourney.
Yeah you're right. I'm gonna hang out with her. Sorry guys. =( Looks like I'll have to come to the one in March. My town has a huge gaming convention going on two weeks after the LoLis opener...Brawl and Melee are going on at that, so that's where I'll be.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Wait...so Rollerking plays smash with like 5 other people on a regular basis in Ann Arbor and nobody knew about it until now? Wtf, Ann Arbor has been looking for people to play with for so long lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ok. First of all. Regarding the girl issue. What I was saying. Was essentially the same thing as what What's the Point said. Unless **** is gonna wind up happening between you two, come to the tourney.

As for the play group. We usually have more than 5, and they are of varying skill level, but yeah. Again, PM me if you want in. We're actually playing tonight; starts at 9. Meeting at Angell Hall. Let me know if you want to come. PM me with your number and email, I'll have you added to the group email and will text you tonight to let you know which rooms we'll be using if you want to join us.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Wise words.

Don't let that girl take you for a ride unless she plans to let you take her for one.
^^^QFT. Maybe I should skip out on her party and go to this. Keep her guessing and just end up going to this. As of right now, with the way I'm approaching this, **** isn't going to happen. Going to this would give me @$$hole points for sure, which are all the rage among girls apparently...maybe it would help things. Wooochaaa. Anyways, the tournament should be a dang good time...like the last LoLis.

Anyways, let's end discussion on this and discuss the tournament.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Wait...so Rollerking plays smash with like 5 other people on a regular basis in Ann Arbor and nobody knew about it until now? Wtf, Ann Arbor has been looking for people to play with for so long lol.
Just be happy people actually play over there, as opposed to all of west Michigan. So ronery. ._.

Top Bottom