• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
I think that Mr Tingle would be a great playable character to star in SSBB. He was in SSBM, but not as a playable character. He was merely a piece of the Termina Great Bay stage. I think he really deserves to be the game. He could use his balloon as a recovery move and throw maps as an attack. Also his taunt would be the coolest in the game:

"Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! ...These are the magic words that Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!" - Tingle (in Majora's Mask)

What do you think about having Mr Tingle as a playable character?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I think it would be the equivalent of an entire Star Wars movie based around JarJar Binks.

I also don't want too many floater-characters.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Throw maps? Please. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Ehh, stop and think for a minute. What other Nintendo star do you recall floating in a balloon? Hmm. Balloon Fighter, anyone? A very popular Nintendo game that today is still recognized (Animal Crossing extra, Game Boy re-release.)

I'm sorry, but be logical. Balloon Fighter has a much bigger chance than Tingle. More popular, more plausible.

Etra

Smash Cadet
Kereokacola said:

Ehh, stop and think for a minute. What other Nintendo star do you recall floating in a balloon? Hmm. Balloon Fighter, anyone? A very popular Nintendo game that today is still recognized (Animal Crossing extra, Game Boy re-release.)

I'm sorry, but be logical. Balloon Fighter has a much bigger chance than Tingle. More popular, more plausible.
Tingle could easily become an ever-popular clone of Balloon Fighter. ;p

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Kereokacola said:

But Mr Tingle has a better taunt and less people know about Balloon Fighters. And he is so cool. Seriously. I think he could be a good character in SSBB.

Banks

Smash Hero
tingle is gay. I'm not just saying that, he really is a homo. homos have no place in videogames.

kthanksbye

Gray

Smash Journeyman
PZX2DN4F said:
But Mr Tingle has a better taunt and less people know about Balloon Fighters. And he is so cool. Seriously. I think he could be a good character in SSBB.
Lol. Why does having a better taunt matter at all?

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
If Tingle is in the game, I can't wait for you to "throw maps" at me. Right after that, I will laugh in your face and roll up the maps and beat you with them. Honestly, please think about what you just said. It's hardly threatening to throw a piece of paper at someone.

And you're a fool if you think that hardly anyone knows about Balloon Fighter. It was a Nintendo classic that is still being played today. There's a reason why they re-released it on the Game Boy, and a reason why it was featured on Animal Crossing. If you can recall, Balloon Fighter was also a trophy in Melee.

Balloon Fighter was the MAIN character of his own game, and had many attacks up his sleeve to get rid of the baddies. Face it, Tingle has nothing going for him.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
To Scav: He doesn't have to be floaty. The balloon recovery could work as Mr G&W's up-b.
To Banksyayogame50: Yes, he looks really gay, but that doesn't matter.
To Gray: A good taunt is half the fun of playing a character.

Mr Tingle could be a good character, if the game designers could give him some reasonable moves. He has a lot of moves from different TLOZ games he could use. In the WW he can drop bombs and stuff, when you use the Tingle Tuner.

EDIT:
Kereokacola said:
If Tingle is in the game, I can't wait for you to "throw maps" at me. Right after that, I will laugh in your face and roll up the maps and beat you with them. Honestly, please think about what you just said. It's hardly threatening to throw a piece of paper at someone.

And you're a fool if you think that hardly anyone knows about Balloon Fighter. It was a Nintendo classic that is still being played today. There's a reason why they re-released it on the Game Boy, and a reason why it was featured on Animal Crossing. If you can recall, Balloon Fighter was also a trophy in Melee.

Balloon Fighter was the MAIN character of his own game, and had many attacks up his sleeve to get rid of the baddies. Face it, Tingle has nothing going for him.
Ok, maps aren't scary, but are hot-dogs scary? MR G&W uses them so why can't Mr Tingle use maps? You just dislike Mr Tingle because you want to steal his magic words.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Please. The entire presence of G&W was past-history of his entire collection of games (cooking game, rescue game, etc.) All of his moves were represented to signify the classic collection of the Game & Watch series. And yes, flaming sausages are very disgusting and much more threatening then a stupid piece of paper.

You still have not convinced me that Tingle would be a worthy character, and especially have not convinced me that he would be better than Balloon Fighter.

yoda31419

Smash Cadet
And what about turnips and umbrellas? Those don't seem threatening at all. Take your "unthreatening ideas can't be moves" elsewhere.

Think about the endless mindgames of a quick annoying taunt with Tingle. muHAHAHAHAHA.

Metà

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but this is almost as ******** as playing as a barrel or a crate (both ideas my friend came up with). Think again, and hurt yourself for being stupid.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Tingle is lame as hell. He's a minor character from a series with many other, better characters to choose from. If they do put him in, people will gang up on him in FFAs for sure.

Gray

Smash Journeyman
Think of it this way. If you are going to add someone from LoZ, you have much better options. Skull Kid, Vaati, a Goron, a Zora... Tingle has about as much of a chance appearing as the Happy Mask Salesman.

mm_coady

Smash Rookie
balloon fighter would own tingle. He's had YEARS of expirience dispatching other balloon fighters and avoinding large fish. Plus he ould be a pro with the flipper.

Seriously though, tingle would be lame....VERY lame. If you let tingle in, why not play as mario's green pipe, or a goomba? (or something equally rediculous)

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Papercuts really hurts, you know.
I know that Mr G&W is based upon his collection of games, and Mr Tingle could be based on his appearances in the TLOZ games.

Gray: Mr Tingle has appeared in more gams than any of the characters you mentioned, so I think he deserves to be in the game more than the characters you mentioned. He has appeared in at least five games. EDIT: Make that 6 if you count SSBM too.

EDIT:
Mr Tingle would be a lot better than a goomba or the other things you mentioned. He is at least a person with arms and legs, which is needed in SSBB. How the hell can a goomba pick up items or grab?

Zodiac

Smash Master
i said it before and I'll say it again, the only way tingle should ever be in ssbb is if he replaced teh hrc, and you could bea the licing hell out of him for fun.

Gray

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ papercuts. I'm pretty sure getting hit by a missle, sword, bomb, fireball or laser would be far more painful. And I don't think he has enough support to make it, no matter how many games he's been in.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Gray said:
Think of it this way. If you are going to add someone from LoZ, you have much better options. Skull Kid, Vaati, a Goron, a Zora... Tingle has about as much of a chance appearing as the Happy Mask Salesman.
Agreed. Tingle is just not fit for smash, and when you think about it, there are so many other characters out there that suit the game. Like: Sonic, Tails, toad, King dee dee dee, ect.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
What makes a character suitable for Smash? I bet none of you thought of Solid Snake as a suitable character, but he is in the game.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
PZX2DN4F said:
What makes a character suitable for Smash? I bet none of you thought of Solid Snake as a suitable character, but he is in the game.
Tingle is not a Big character that someone will know. For someone who has played smash for a while, my freind had no clue who tingle was. Solid Snake on the other hand has become quite a character to be reconized. Tingly is a cool guy, but he would just seem lame to put him in.

-SMB

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
PZX2DN4F said:
Tingle is not a Big character that someone will know. For someone who has played smash for a while, my freind had no clue who tingle was. Solid Snake on the other hand has become quite a character to be reconized. Tingly is a cool guy, but he would just seem lame to put him in. Keeping it real, you must relize the characters in SSBM. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Pikachu, ect., they all are great characters. Snake... is a known character.

-SMB

DARN DOUBLE POST

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I want him in there just so I can beat the living tar out of him. No other reason.

*Flashback; Wind Waker*

What, you're going to CHARGE me money to BEAT THE GAME!? What's up with that?!

Gray

Smash Journeyman
The only reason people thought solid snake was a bad idea was because he is a third party character. I guarentee you that people wouldn't complain had he been a Nintendo character.
As to what makes a suitable character?
1. Someone who has good moveset potiental. Tingle has maps, a baloon and a few spells. They would probably have to make most of his moves from scratch since he doesn't have much.
2. Being well liked- This is where he falls short. His fanbase is almost nonexsistant. You're the only person I've seen that thinks tingle would make a good addition to the game.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
SMB PORTAL said:
Tingle is not a Big character that someone will know. For someone who has played smash for a while, my freind had no clue who tingle was. Solid Snake on the other hand has become quite a character to be reconized. Tingly is a cool guy, but he would just seem lame to put him in. Keeping it real, you must relize the characters in SSBM. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Pikachu, ect., they all are great characters. Snake... is a known character.

-SMB
I agree that most of the characters are great characters, but I don't think that IC was that well known. I believe that Mr Tingle is better known since he has appeared in every Zelda game since his first appearance in Majora's Mask. A lot of people know Mr Tingle, simply because they love to hate him. He gives Link a magic boomerang in The Minish Cap, so he could use a boomerang. He can also use bombs, his paintbrush as a weapon, magic potions and his balloon. In addition he some friends and family who look exactly like him, so he could be an IC-like pair too. Or they could use his friends and family as different skins.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I suppose putting in tingle wouldnt be to horribly bad, I mean, think of the crazy mvoeset they'd have to come up with to put tingle in the game,.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
i think tingle is quite likely to get in.

i mean, he is pretty popular in japan and almost got his own game - Tingle RPG? that alone gives him a better chance than many zelda characters. and he is a recurring character in a fair few zelda games.

i dont particularly mind (confetti = yay) but it looks like there are enough floaty characters already so hopefully he will only get the balloon for up B and fall pretty fast otherwise. personally, i dislike other zelda suggestions far more.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I can almost guarantee you if a group of people would vote for a balloon-type character to be in Brawl, Balloon Fighter would win over Tingle. If you really want to find out, make a poll.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
tmw_redcell said:
Tingle is lame as hell. He's a minor character from a series with many other, better characters to choose from. If they do put him in, people will gang up on him in FFAs for sure.
Me and tmw will destroy you.

I hate Tingle so much. There are so many better characters to pick from in the Zelda series. Darunia. The Skull Kid with Majora's Mask. Vaati.

Anyone, really. Except Tingle. Because he sucks so much and is lame.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Kereokacola said:
I can almost guarantee you if a group of people would vote for a balloon-type character to be in Brawl, Balloon Fighter would win over Tingle. If you really want to find out, make a poll.
Yes, Balloon Figther is more popoular and everyone loves to hate Mr Tingle. But I still think that Mr Tingle is a more suitable character for a SSB game. Balloon Fighter has to use his balloon all the time. Without it, he is NOTHING. If you don't want another floaty character who needs to use his balloon all the time, Mr Tingle is much better. He doesn't need a balloon to move around. In Balloon Fight, the whole game is based upon being able to fly in the air all the time. Balloon Fighter doesn't even have any personality, while Mr Tingle is the funniest character in TLOZ series.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If they put tingle in the game, anytime someone uses him , i'm using his counter character to play against them, no exceptions. I would LOVe ballon fighter that'd be awesome.

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
You have made baby jesus cry by supporting the addition of Tingle to SSB:B.

Have a good day sir. ^_^/

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
If Tingle was in SSBB...he would own up everyone in seconds.

And by "own up everyone in seconds", I mean "kill himself because he is just that lame".

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Why do you think he is so lame? People don't like Mr Tingle, but this doesn't make him a lame character. If you look beyond the fact that everyone hate him, he can turn out to be a good character. He has lots of personality and lots of attack moves to choose from. He would be an unique character, with lots of funny moves, kind of like Mr G&W.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...Who wants to see a floating ****** with pointy ears and really tight clothes floating up because of a balloon in SSBB? It'll look strange. I'd prefer Bomberman and Megaman any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom