• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
I don't like him either. No sane person can like Mr Tingle, but that is the good part. EVERYONE HATES HIM and that's what makes him so funny and such a good addition to SSBB. It would be hilareous to own someone with a character they hate because he's so **** annoying. And think of his taunt: "Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!". This makes him even more annoying. And even funnier. He is a unique character who deserves to be in SSBB as a playable character. He is also the best character from TLOZ who isn't in SSBM as a playable character.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Explain why you think he is the worst character ever. It is very easy to come with a statement without any explanation. The fact that you all hate him doesn't make him a bad character.

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
PZX2DN4F said:
I think that Mr Tingle would be a great playable character to star in SSBB. He was in SSBM, but not as a playable character. He was merely a piece of the Termina Great Bay stage. I think he really deserves to be the game. He could use his balloon as a recovery move and throw maps as an attack. Also his taunt would be the coolest in the game:

"Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! ...These are the magic words that Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!" - Tingle (in Majora's Mask)

What do you think about having Mr Tingle as a playable character?
He should remain as a stage prop. There's better characters than him, WAY BETTER.

Vaati >>>>>> tingle

Pete278

Smash Lord
People, people, think of how fun it would be to beat the crap out of Tingle in SSBB. Think of that, and then start saying how much you hate him, which further proves my point :p.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Tingle is lame. The day I see Tingle attacking someone like Solid Snake with pixie dust and pens or pencils would be a sad, sad day indeed. I'd rather see a paper bag be apart of the character roster than a gender-confused elf.

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
I think Tingle is going to be in the game, which makes me sad, but I won't care that much if they make him interesting somehow.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Why do you assume he will be in the game? I guess you can think what you want, but I highly doubt Nintendo would do something as to put such so much time and thought into the character in the first place.

JPW

Smash Ace
the only way I would approve of Tingle is if there was an option to beat him up so bad, that he couldn't get up. Though I wouldn't mind just smashing the c**p out of him in a normal Smash match.

Tingle is a disgrace to the Zelda franchise. And he deserves to be beaten up. Maybe have him in an event match.

He's crap character because he thinks he's a fairy, and he has the worse magic words ever, and he actually tells you not to steal them which makes me crack up. Out of all the magic words why would I steal yours. And if you actually freeze the shot when you're meeting him, you can actually see Link's dull expression.

I hope in Twilight Princess, Gannon kills him to make it even more darker.
Link: Hey gannondorf you just killed Tingle.
Gannondorf: I know I couldn't stand him anymore. He actually thought he could beat me with fairy dust.
Link: Thanks, I couldn't stand him either. Do you still have any of that fairy dust left?

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I support Tingle 100%. He's a pimp. And scary. He imprisoned some guy, somehow escaped Termina and is still alive after the flood. Also he has that Cobra on his back.... is he in the Yakuza or something.... he scares me...

And he's got those bombs.

Fake Edit: I'm really looking forward to Tingle RPG.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
burrito said:
Tingle is actually quite likely because he is the first Zelda character to get his own spinoff game
Haha. Finally, Tingle will get the respect he deserves and you will all learn to appreciate him.

Pete278 said:
People, people, think of how fun it would be to beat the crap out of Tingle in SSBB. Think of that, and then start saying how much you hate him, which further proves my point :p.
It would be even funnier to beat the crap out of those people who hate Tingle by using Tingle and humiliate them.

D

Deleted member

burrito said:
Tingle is actually quite likely because he is the first Zelda character to get his own spinoff game
What...the...hell??

Of all characters in the universe, Tingle?

The Tingle Tuner would be an interesting item for SSBB though. Kinda like the Party Ball.

WanderingAngel

Smash Journeyman
u guys dont get it tingle would rock i mean imagine beating someone up with tingle it would look so cool lol as for the maps instead of throwing them he could use them like ness bat or as a sword... ballon fighter looks too simple and serious from wut iv seen tingle is more fun and more ridicoulous(dont care if its mispelled or wutever) thats the thing beating someone with tingle would be way more fun than with ballon fighter... :chuckle:

frogfusious

Smash Cadet
Banksyayogame50 said:
tingle is gay. I'm not just saying that, he really is a homo. homos have no place in videogames.

kthanksbye
Homophobe! :mad:

Besides, you're the one with Fox as your avatar; you have no right to call anyone gay. XD

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Tingle? Wow, he is a really boring character. I mean, he is a tiny ****** who couldn't be a good fighter. (don't even bring up captain falcon and fox, because they actually look like they could throw a punch)

I admit it would be funny...for the first five minutes. After that people would hate playing as tingle and would only use him to beat him up for fun,

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I love how people keep saying how good Mr.Tingle is, and mostly give no reasons, but when somone says how bad he is (with reasons or not), the person gets bashed. Why don't you Tingle lovers back yourselves up for once instead of jumping every negative comment.

Oh, and try to get out more. That is, if your legs haven't withered, and you haven't diffused into your computer chair.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Supreme Pie Ninja said:
I love how people keep saying how good Mr.Tingle is, and mostly give no reasons, but when somone says how bad he is (with reasons or not), the person gets bashed. Why don't you Tingle lovers back yourselves up for once instead of jumping every negative comment.

Oh, and try to get out more. That is, if your legs haven't withered, and you haven't diffused into your computer chair.
I guess personal insults is a very good argument. Let's have a look on why a lot of you don't think that Tingle is a good character:

Supreme Pie Ninja said:
I just don't like him...he rubs me the wrong way.
D***, you are really convincing.

Banksyayogame50 said:
tingle is gay. I'm not just saying that, he really is a homo. homos have no place in videogames.

kthanksbye
Great reason.

McFox said:
I hate Tingle so much.
Look! Another excellent argument.

I<3Shiek said:
You have made baby jesus cry by supporting the addition of Tingle to SSB:B.

Have a good day sir. ^_^/
Really?

After looking at your great arguments and reasons I can really understand why he is so bad. It's because you hate him. The only other reasons I could find was that there are so many better characters from TLOZ and that he wouldn't have any good moveset. I've tried to explain so many times why he isn't such a bad character and could have a lot of different moves, and I won't bother to do that again right now.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It's not that only the people on this forum hate Tingle...it's that most people hate him.

Also, just because he might have enough moves to be in this game doesn't mean he'll be a good character. es, I will fear Tingle after he throws maps at me and when I'll just pop your balloon when you try to recover.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Marshigio said:
It's not that only the people on this forum hate Tingle...it's that most people hate him.

Also, just because he might have enough moves to be in this game doesn't mean he'll be a good character. es, I will fear Tingle after he throws maps at me and when I'll just pop your balloon when you try to recover.
Japanese people actually like him. Just because a move sounds really bad, it doesn't have to be bad. Do you really think that a yo-yos, poking someone or throwing hot-dogs and vegetables are that dangerous? This game isn't realistic and never will be. Silly moves can be dangerous. BTW: Saying "haha I will pop his balloon! pwned!!!!!!11111oneone1shift+one" doesn't prove anything or contribute to the discussion at all.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
PZX2DN4F said:
Japanese people actually like him. Just because a move sounds really bad, it doesn't have to be bad. Do you really think that a yo-yos, poking someone or throwing hot-dogs and vegetables are that dangerous? This game isn't realistic and never will be. Silly moves can be dangerous. BTW: Saying "haha I will pop his balloon! pwned!!!!!!11111oneone1shift+one" doesn't prove anything or contribute to the discussion at all.
You overexaggerated it when I said I would pop the balloon, I was just saying it would be a bad recovery technique, so next time you qoute me make sure you know what you're talking about.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Marshigio said:
You overexaggerated it wen i said i would pop the balloon, I was just saying it would be a bad recovery technique, so next time you qoute me make sure you know what you're talking about.

The yo-yo attacks and throwing vegetables suck. And poking people I really don't kno where you poke someone in SSBM. Maybe you're referring to when you just tap A to do some of the quiker attacks.
Luigi's f-smash is a poke.

Racko

Smash Rookie
Well, PZX2DN4F, Tingle could be a funny character to use if you wish to humillate someone. I'm not denying that. However, he won't have another role in the game. I mean, suppose you humillate someone because you fought him/her and used Tingle. Nice! That's pretty cool! Now, real battles begin and Tingle is forgotten. We do not need useless characters in the game, if the programmers and designers will take a good time developing some character, let it not be a pushover or a seldom-used character, let it be a cool character most people would like to use in battles.
If I want to humillate someone, I pick Pichu or Kirby. I'm sure there are Kirby and Pichu users who could beat my Doc ,but, anyway, I'm just talking about my situation.
The point is: Tingle, a VERY bad idea.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Tingle in this game idk, I just can't see him being a serious character in this game, whats he's gonna do throw maps at me XD

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Ugh. There's so many characters i would like to see before Tingle. The only thing I liked about Tingle, was that you could pop his ballon and send him crashing down. But now that I think about it, I wouldnt mind beating the crap out of him in smash.

It just dawned on me. If he was trying to sell maps, why would he be floating in the air? Who the hell was he trying to sell maps to in mid-air?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
PZX2DN4F said:
Look! Another excellent argument.
I wasn't really attempting to become a part of the "argument" for either side. I was just expressing my completely distaste for the character.

Is that alright with you, or should I check with you next time I want to post something?

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
I wasn't really attempting to become a part of the "argument" for either side. I was just expressing my completely distaste for the character.

Is that alright with you, or should I check with you next time I want to post something?
Sorry, but it was just to prove that people hate him and use it as an argument.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
PZX2DN4F said:
Sorry, but it was just to prove that people hate him and use it as an argument.
Why don't you read my last post? I wasn't using the fact that tingle is crap as an argument.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Also the best character? I'd rather have that old guy who lives in a cave from the original LoZ.

Mas0n

Smash Cadet
Tingle would make a good throwing item like Mr. Saturn, but that's about it. He just isn't the type of character that should be in SSBB in my opinion. Your argument that he is in 6 games means nothing, should Koopa from Super Mario be in SSBB? How about a Moblin? Just because a character is in a lot of games doesn't make them a good character for SSBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom