• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Well, PZX2DN4F, if you're just going to sit there and retort to my opinions, why don't you post why YOU want to see Tingle in SSBB. Give reasons this time.

D

Deleted member

Vaati = Ralph>Skull Kid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tingle.

As a character no. As an item maybe.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Mas0n said:
Tingle would make a good throwing item like Mr. Saturn, but that's about it. He just isn't the type of character that should be in SSBB in my opinion. Your argument that he is in 6 games means nothing, should Koopa from Super Mario be in SSBB? How about a Moblin? Just because a character is in a lot of games doesn't make them a good character for SSBB.
No, they wouldn't make good characters at all because they are not unique.
Supreme Pie Ninja said:
Well, PZX2DN4F, if you're just going to sit there and retort to my opinions, why don't you post why YOU want to see Tingle in SSBB. Give reasons this time.
I would like to see Tingle in the game because he is a funny character with lots of personality. He is tragic, but in a funny way because he is a 35 years old man who believes he is a fairy and he talks funny too. Most people hate him and I don't blame them. Mr Tingle can be annoying and weird, but I believe they just don't want Tingle in the game because of this. Tingle has potentials as a character in SSBB. I'm not saying that he is great, but he does have potential.

As I've already said before, he has a lot of moves from different games he could use. This includes, but is not limited to using the Tingle Bomb and other moves from the Tingle Tuner in WW, using his maps and paint brushes as weapons (either as melee weapons or ranged weapons) and using his balloon togain height. This might not seem like much but he also has two arms and two legs, and I won't try to make moveset for him, because I think it's up to the developers to make a decent moveset. Those guys make wonders with the characters. Just look at Captain Falcon and Fox. They all got brand new moves in SSB, but these moves still keep the essence of the character. They could also do something similar to Tingle if they wanted to.

If you don't like Tingle, I'll respect that. If you don't want him to be in the game, I'll respect that too. But if you don't want Tingle in the game because you don't like him, then I won't respect that. Since you don't want Tingle to be in the game, please explain why you think he would be such a bad character.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I still cannot agree. I must give you kudos for that long description of what you would like to see, but I truly think he would clash as a character and would not stand out. I think it would be a mistake.

I just don't think Tingle has the potential of being a stellar character. I can think of a handful of characters that would be more suitable for Smash. I'd rather see Tingle doing something else with his time. Perhaps he could... create a map for you in 1P mode. Basically, I'm just saying I don't want to see the dude as a character. If for some odd and unknown reason he is in the game, I will never use him, and he will never see the light of day in my battles. I don't want him there. There, I said it.

WR3K

Smash Ace
i think he should be an item. you throw him to cause medium damage, high knoback, and tingle proceeds to float in the air with his balloon, acting an an extra platform

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Just because Nintendo made movesets for Captain Falcon and Fox doesn't mean they're just going to make movesets for every character that didn't already have any. Besides, those characters I just mentioned were characters that people actually liked, and definetly had more potential than Tingle.

Sure, other characters from the Nintendo universe have potential. Just look at every single character from the Fire Emblem series, and other racers from F-Zero. All these characters are given personality, so I guess we should just ask for all of these guys to be added too right?

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Etra said:
Tingle could easily become an ever-popular clone of Balloon Fighter. ;p
They have stated that there is a very skim chance of any clones. The old clones will get individual movesets.

PZX2DN4F said:
But Mr Tingle has a better taunt and less people know about Balloon Fighters. And he is so cool. Seriously. I think he could be a good character in SSBB.
Balloon Fighter definatly a more well known character than Tingle. People know about Link and everything but far fewer are aware of the little man named tingle.

Tingle I will have to say "nay" but balloon fighter gets a "yay"!

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Tingle I sont think really has enough appeal. Nintendo, sadly enough, will not want to add a character with a small fanbase over one with a larger one. I think Skull Kid has a much better chance than Tingle. For one, Skull Kid could be given Majora's Mask. This would give him a moveset. Not to mention Skull Kid looks so much more awesome than Tingle could ever look (not to bash him). I think Skull Kid has a greater potential to be a Smasher, period.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
PZX2DN4F, what would Tingle's stats be?
Strength:2
Speed:5
Weight:1
Height:1

Supreme Pie Ninja, how can you think Tingle can run as fast as fox or Captain Falcon? Or that he is as strong as Mario? By the look of his size, it seems that even Pichu weighs more than him. Well since I'm sure many people are going to think that Tingle is as fast as fox and captain falcon, I better make sure I change it so they don't think this is an "idiotic post."

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
There we go, PZX2DN4F, some concrete opinions and reasons. That's all I wanted to see. Now, your argument is strong and valid, but I still can't say I want him in Brawl. Smash has been mostly about well-known (a big 'mostly' on that one) characters and figures from more popular ('mostly' goes there too) games, and Tingle just doesn't really seem to cut it. I mean, for Smash, there was Mario, Luigi, DK, and Yoshi, which need no explanation. There was the main character from the popular Metroid games. Then Captain Falcon from the blossoming F-Zero games. Then Link (also self-explanatory). Then there was Pikachu and Jigglypuff, both being quite popular, and good picks for SSB. Then Ness, the main hero from the popular Earthbound game. Fox from all of his current games, and Kirby, being quite self-explanatory as well.

Now, the horizons were broadened slightly from SSB to SSBM, which included some lesser-known characters like Falco, Roy, Marth, Ice Climbers, G&W, etc. (don't bother arguing popularity with these characters...the oldschool ones were still not very known), but it still kept the All-Star feel to it, like you were "duking it out with Nintendo's All Stars" (see disc description for Melee when selecting from the system). Now, I'm not sure if they will be broadening their horizons even more for Brawl, heck, we may even get some completely unknown characters in it, but Tingle just seems to be a stretch. He just isn't really cut out in some ways for Brawl.

And Marsh, add 4 to speed, 1 or 2 to strength, and 1 to weight, then people might listen to you instead of taking it as another idiotic, worthless hating post.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I think that Tingle is theworst character suggestion right next to blaizken and keeking Pichu, tingle is a 40 year old man who lives with his father and thinks he's a fairy (I bet he's a virgin too) Moveset would be stupid and revolve around his baloon, map and fairys

burrito

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't care whether Tingle is in this or not. I don't hate Tingle like almost everyone here does either, I kind of like him because he is a funny character. The only reason that I think there is a possibility of Tingle being in this game is because he is the first Zelda character to get his own game. You can't forget about the upcoming Tingle RPG. So, noe he is not a stupid suggestion and you are ignorant if you think so.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Just because he has a game, doesn't mean he's a good character for Brawl. I'm not ignorant for not wanting a character that sux. Most people hate him, which lowers his chances greatly.

I'll bet you 100$ he won't be in this game too, then we'll see who looks ignorant when it comes out.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I would love for Tingle to be in the game. For those who are comparing him to Balloon fighter, I could see tingle with a better moveset potential.

burrito

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
Just because he has a game, doesn't mean he's a good character for Brawl. I'm not ignorant for not wanting a character that sux. Most people hate him, which lowers his chances greatly.
I said you were ignorant if you thought it was a STUPID IDEA. You can not want him all you want, it's your opinion.

I'll bet you 100$ he won't be in this game too, then we'll see who looks ignorant when it comes out.
What the hell does that mean? First of all, I just said that Tingle was a possibility. I never said, "LOL HE DEFINATLY GONNA B IN IT BCUZ I M ALL KNOWING". Second of all, I'm not sure if you grasp the meaning of the word "ignorant".

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Sorry, I didn't read your post clear enough burrito. I thought you said he would be a good idea, I didn't realize you just said he was a possible addition to the game.

burrito

Smash Lord
It's okay. Maybe I didn't get my point across clearly enough. I would actually rather Vaati or Skull Kid as Zelda characters, but I wouldn't dismiss Tingle.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
eh tingle is ok.
we need more ranged dudes anyways besides,compare tingle to game and watch cuz game and watch doesent even speak a luangage and does anoying sounds then he doesent even have a proper name. well game and wtch is ok but ballooon fighter and may I'd take tingle(even if he wasent 1 of my favorites)

lol im serious he should be ranged cuz he shouldent be close combat

I got a idea for his up b though.

its like game and watch's up b but u slowly descent down with ur balloon =)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
if were gonna put in tingle, how about we put in mario's right foot? or perhaps the waterfountain from ocarina of time! Or perhaps the duck from duck hunt?! or mabey even the BOX of SSBB should be a playable character! cuz they all have a better chance of being in brawl then tingle!

S P I K E

Smash Ace
I think he could be a character... and don't forget this games roots guys... it's for fun too, not just straight up money matches and tournaments... So I think Tingle has a chance of being incorporated. Go ahead and flame this kid, you're just not susceptible to broaden your horizons. =P

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I hate Tingle so much. I don't find him amusing or funny to even a SINGLE iota of a degree. He's just plain creepy, disgusting, and he sucks.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
McFox... No offence or anything... But you've said that around three times already, we've all gotten your point, that you hate Tingle... It no longer has anything to do with the argument... Not saying you can't do it, just wondering why you continue to.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
PZX2DN4F said:
Japanese people actually like him. Just because a move sounds really bad, it doesn't have to be bad. Do you really think that a yo-yos, poking someone or throwing hot-dogs and vegetables are that dangerous? This game isn't realistic and never will be. Silly moves can be dangerous. BTW: Saying "haha I will pop his balloon! pwned!!!!!!11111oneone1shift+one" doesn't prove anything or contribute to the discussion at all.
Who throws hot-dogs? If your thinking Game and Watch, it's sasuage, there different things.

Anyway, I'd rather have sasuages than a map thrown at me. Tingle has only been a help in WindWaker, I never really needed his help in Majora's Mask or anything, but Wind Waker had REALY boosted his popularity and usefulness. Also, if Tingle RPG can give Tingle new moves, they may transfer over if he makes it in. Who knows, Tingle may be a somewhat skilled fighter in Tingle RPG?

I personally am not a Tingle fan, in fact, I hate the chubbylittle *******, but I do realize that he can do SOMETHINGS that can make it into Brawl. And if it happens, it happens. I mean, it's not like you HAVE to play him. Unless it's an event match. I'll let my younger bro, a sad misguided Tingle fan, do it.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
For those who keep saying he has a chance to be in Brawl, we know that already, we just don't want him in.

Characters like Ralph, Vaati, Skull Kid, etc. are out there, and you choose Tingle? Those characters I named are fighters(giving them an easy moveset), they're not creepy(Skull Kid is, but not in same way as Tingle), and they're popular(except Ralph, but I still support him).

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
of course i'd always prefer ralph over tingle but maybe his story in japan isnt so stupied?its up to the japanese people not us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom