• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
They don't need to overkill Brawl by using fifteen characters from one series they should spread out the series that are representated to attract a wider audiance you just seem bias towards the series so you have no right calling me stupid when if you think about it they already have the Zelda fans with those three characters and could ultimately sell more copies the more franchises they represent so if you ask me your the stupid one for wanting to narrow the franchises represented and overkill a single franchise that is already well represented.
15 characters from one series? Zelda has 4, is likely to be losing one of them (Young Link). How is adding one or two a bad thing? If you know how to do addition, that would mean the Zelda franchise would have 4-5 characters out of 40! How terrible for one of Nintendo's best selling franchises!

All the franchises are already represented, except for Golden Sun and Pikmin, but they will probably take some characters from those two. There is no harm taking more characters from Zelda.

Besides, the DK franchise isn't well represented and you don't want Diddy Kong! That's hypocracy.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
If Tingle is a weak char, ok.

I do not want to be four stocked by Tingle. That would cause me to strangle someone with my CG pad's wire. Or, in the rare event of a Wavebird, I'd just shoot him.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
As for the Zelda universe, I would far prefer Skull Kid (or even Saria), but Tingle would be fun. Obviously not God tier material, and probably not even that great, but a "fun" character. So as long as, say, Toad's in before him, sure. And preferrably Skull Kid as well, but I dunno. I'm more for Tingle than against. =)

Maverick69

Smash Ace
omg, as hilarious and entertaining as I find tingle, no, not in brawl lol.

I think it would just end up pissing me off.

Even though it might be interesting, and I almost like the idea, I'm gonna have to say no to Mr. Tingle.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
AWW, NO! NO!! NOOO!!!

Tingle can't be a smash player!! It doesn't even seem right?

Nobody knows him, not even younger gamers.

I'm sorry to say this, but there is no way Nintendo would choose him, HECK, I don't think Tingle even got more than 2 requests when they made japanese gamers to select which character to have for the next smash game.

But, if he DID MANAGED to make it. I just have no comments if he is a default character.

Thank you and good night.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'd rather Skull Kid, but then again, I want Skull Kid before all the other Zelda characters, I wouldn't care if Tingle gets in or not.

D

Deleted member

Ugh. I hate Tingle.

I mean at least Captain Falcon could fight before the original game (from bounty hunting etc.) but Tingle can't even aim a punch. Would he just drop bombs on people? We all know how fragile he is in Melee. There are better choices from Zelda anyway.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Ugh. I hate Tingle.

I mean at least Captain Falcon could fight before the original game (from bounty hunting etc.) but Tingle can't even aim a punch. Would he just drop bombs on people? We all know how fragile he is in Melee. There are better choices from Zelda anyway.
Yeah, Some lame secondary character. Tingle is more common and is somewhat popular. Also C. Falcon, G&W and many other character cant really fight. Most of there moves were made up. Actually isn't it in the negative nancy post that says "Dont bash chatracter because they dont have many moves."

D

Deleted member

Everyone knows about Tingle. I think he was refering to the fact that I said I would prefer secondary characters. Captain Falcon probably also could fight in the FZero universe, since he was a bounty hunter.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Tingle is going to have his own game, soon. Perhaps, if they were to include him in brawl, one could deduce they'd draw influences for his development from that.

Scuba Man Sam

Smash Cadet
I think that Mr Tingle would be a great playable character to star in SSBB. He was in SSBM, but not as a playable character. He was merely a piece of the Termina Great Bay stage. I think he really deserves to be the game. He could use his balloon as a recovery move and throw maps as an attack. Also his taunt would be the coolest in the game:

"Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! ...These are the magic words that Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!" - Tingle (in Majora's Mask)

What do you think about having Mr Tingle as a playable character?
Now people are just getting stupid. I'm surprised nobody suggested Oprah or Hitler as playable characters. ( I'd prefer Jesus):laugh:

Quote of doom: Don't fear the Peepi, fear me. Fear me!!!:p

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Tingle is lame as hell. He's a minor character from a series with many other, better characters to choose from. If they do put him in, people will gang up on him in FFAs for sure.
Truer words have never been spoken sir. Like you say, they have so many other characters, why Tingle? I don't think even Nintendo has the creative power to assign him a moveset. But please, someone prove me wrong. I'll be hanging out here until you do

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Truer words have never been spoken sir. Like you say, they have so many other characters, why Tingle? I don't think even Nintendo has the creative power to assign him a moveset. But please, someone prove me wrong. I'll be hanging out here until you do
They gave him his own game. The only LoZ character to be given a spin-off. That's why he would be in Brawl.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm not liking the idea of Tingle personally. I just can't really see him drawing moves from anywhere except for the balloons, and Balloon fighter already has dibs on that. Sure, some other characters didn't either like Fox or CF (G&W did though, as I believe he draws his moves from his games), but they are at least believable as fighters and had a fighting background. Tingle doesn't have that though, to me he looks like the puniest character in the entire Zelda universe, and he strikes me as a coward more than anything (his style of fighting could be hit and run tactics though)

Also SmashChu, who are you reffering to as the 'lame' secondary characters. Skull Kid and Vaati are popular choices, and aren't secondary characters (they're villains, who would normally fall under the main character group). Even WW Link seems to be mentioned a lot, and you can't say he's a secondary character.

Maybe this new Tingle game will make him more Brawl worthy, but until I play (I most likely will eventually), I'm going to personally say no.

D

Deleted member

Its just comic value. People love clowns.

However, I still question why Nintendo would want to market Tingle, despite his wierdness.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
They would market him because he has his own game...currently only slated for Japanese release. But perhaps his inclusion in Brawl would perk up interest in him and his upcoming game. That's why they would include him - good promotion. =) And believe it or not, he does have serious fans, so it's not that stupid.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Also SmashChu, who are you reffering to as the 'lame' secondary characters. Skull Kid and Vaati are popular choices, and aren't secondary characters (they're villains, who would normally fall under the main character group). Even WW Link seems to be mentioned a lot, and you can't say he's a secondary character.
Technicly they are, or at least in my book. Skull Kid was in 1 game, Vatti in 3(only 1 w/ human-like form). Also, since the story is not consistant(as it take place in many eras) there somewhat pointless. Tingle has appered in many, some that are seperate from each other( such as Wind Waker to Four Swords). Although hi apperance is never in with the story he still has major roles in most games. He has appered in at least 5 games
-Majora's mask
-Wind Waker
-Four Swords Adventure
-Orcale of Seassons/Ages
-Minish Cap
He has appered in every Zelda since Majora's Mask. The only one Im not sure about is Four Swords, since I didn't play it.

Also he now has his own game, the first Zelda spin off no less. It definate that he has a fan base
Well I'll try a move set.
Tingle
Power: D
Speed: C
Jump: A
Weight: D
Size: D(lower grade is better)

B:Magic WordsPress B to send confetty. Press it up to 3 to do a hit, hit and Korrim pa to send foes flying(3 per hot, 7 for last)
B^BallonTingle uses his ballon to float upward. It goes high but not horizantaly fast
Bv BombTingle throws a Bomb. Hold it longer to send it farther(15 damage)
Freashly Picked Rupees Tingle throws rupees at foes. Hold it to throw more, but if you hold it to long Tingle will take damage(2 per rupee)

I'll add more later.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
For all you ppl that are going on about a spin-off game and a fan base, here's something for u: EVERYTHING HAS A FANBASE BIG OR SMALL. And IMO tingle's is small.

D

Deleted member

Even me? Yup, you're right. It's not that I disliked Tingle that much (not as much as some people), but I just don't think he would be sutiable for Brawl.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I've found something interesting about Tingle on Wikipedia. Apparently, Nintendo is so worried about Tingle's reception in the west (for a lack of a better word, he is despised by many) that they've put out a online survey asking fans what they think of Tingle, which includes questions like how they would feel if Tingle appeared in TP and if people would play his game. The results could possibly effect Tingles future in games. It's all here in the trivia section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tingle

Seeing as they are aware of Tingles negative reception in the west, and Sakurai said he's taking the west into account when choosing characters, Tingles inclusion in Brawl as playable character seems very unlikely. And even if Skull Kid and Vaati are secondary characters (I still wouldn't say they are, and if they are, then Tingle certainly is), they are still more suited for Brawl. While I'm not saying that Tingle will not appear in Brawl at all (though as I said, the survey could possibly decide whether he does or not), but I don't think his chances of being playable are that high.

D

Deleted member

Everything has its day, I suppose.

Anyway, I hope there are similar surveys for other Zelda characters.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
DOWN WITH TINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!He should stick to what he does best, flying in balloons, making maps, being a ssb stage prop, & freiking little kids out with his wierd looks...(just kidding on that last one)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
With all the Tingle hatin' I've seen these past few days, I felt I should go and bump his support thread. I mean, when you really think about it, Tingle's inclusion is all too likely.

1)Tingle is a Zelda staple. With the exception of Twilight Princess, Tingle has been in every single Zelda game since Majora's Mask. He's practically become the fourth member of the main ones in Zelda.

2)Tingle is insanely popular in Japan. I mean it, too. He's one of the most popular characters in the entire franchise.

3)Tingle has his own game. No other Zelda character can claim that right. Once again, this proves that Tingle is becoming more and more important in the Zelda universe.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I have not read through this thread but I am sure I have posted here, and most (if not ALL) were flame messages. I apologize, my views of Tingkle have changed entirely. I no longer frown upon him as a character, altough I DO want other characters in before him (namely Skull Kid or Vaati)

I think it would be the equivalent of an entire Star Wars movie based around JarJar Binks.
Unlike a Star wars movie based after Jar Jar Binks, SSBB will have many kickass characters to make up for it

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
^^^

You see people? Understanding. That's what it's all about. You don't have to support Tingle for Brawl, but there's no need to be hatin'.

Flint

Smash Rookie
Im sorry Tingle Hatters, but Tingle got BIG chances to being in Brawl, let me just post the facts:

1) The most recurring Zelda Character after Link, Zelda and Ganon (maybe Marin/Malon got more appearances, but I really can´t picture her Fighting, as much as I would love it)
2)He starts his own game for the DS and according to sources there might be a Wii sequel in the process.
3)He´s got plenty of fans most in Japan but also aver the world, I count myself among them, just because hi´s retractors are more vocal, doesn´t mean he is universally hatted.
4)Hes got more to develop a move set than just Ballons and confetti, after all hes got a starring role, hes got more than Ballon fighter and people still keep suggesting that character
5)He´s got plenty of alternate colors in the form of his brothers and David jr.
6)He was already in Melee (in a stage and in trophy mode) and if you see most of the confirmed newcomers where in melee in trophy mode

So don´t cry if Tingle pops in Brawl, because as I see it hes got even bigger chances of making the cut than Vatti, Skullkid, Geno, Cloud, Zero, Shadow, Andross, Koopa Troopa, and many other characters that are often mentioned around here...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hey man, I don't hate him, I just can't imagine him fighting in Brawl. But with this new game for the DS, maybe they can pull something up...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'm not saying everybody hates him. But take a look in that ******** "Tingle For Sandbag lawl" thread to see what I mean. And, since I was bored, here is a small moveset for Tingle I made up:

B: Rupee Toss (Tingle reaches into a bag and pulls out 1-5 rupees, and throws them forward very fast, similar to Sheiks needles. Each rupee does 2-3% damage if it hits.)

B smash: Confetti (Tingle pulls out a party favor, and pulls the cord, creating a small explosion that sends confetti flying forward a short distance. The explosion does 5-10% damage if it connects)

B up: Balloons (A bunch of balloons inflate and rise out of Tingle's backpack, quickly pulling him upward. Afterward, the player can guide Tingle left and right while airborn, or press down to pop the baloons and fall back to the stage quicker.)

B down: Tingle Bomb (Similar to Link's bombs, but the Tingle bomb is massive, and must be carried like a crate or a barrel. Can be thrown, but it moves slowly and is easy to avoid. 20-25% if a player gets hit with the bomb head on. 15-20% if they are hit with the explosion)

Super Smash: Bodyguards (Tingle turns around and faces two very strong and intimidating looking men. He offers them a bag of rupees, and points his thumb behind him, towards the other players. The men take the money, crack their knuckles, and proceed to beat the stuffing out of the nearest player(s). This causes heavy damage without knockback, and breifly stuns the player afterward.)

Taunt: Tingle throws some confetti and shouts "Kooloo-Limpah!"

Stats:
Speed: 4/5
Power: 1/5
Jump: 4/5
Fall: 2/5
Weight: 3/5
Traction: 1/5

Wow. This may be the first time I've come to support a character simply by having to disagree with the people that don't.

D

Deleted member

I liked Tingle as the backdrop in Termina. And I hope he stays like that.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I agree with HiddenTiger. Tingle's annoying, sure, but he doesn't deserve universal hatred. In fact, if he was in, I'd probably main him. Just because he'd irritate anyone he was playing against.

Really, though, when you think about it, he has great potential for a moveset, he's well known, if rather infamous, he's appeared in more games than other proposed Zelda characters like Vaati, Skull Kid, and Midna (though I'd be thrilled to see them in Brawl), AND he's one of the rare examples when a character from a franchise gets his own game that doesn't include the other characters from the franchise (it's happened with Wario, Yoshi, and DK in the past).

I mean, how popular is he if they give him his OWN game?

So, in conclusion: Tingle for Brawl!

BTW, here's a moveset I made up for Tingle last week, just because I can.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I have nothing against tingle personally but I just can't see him in brawl as a character. maybe he could be summoned with the tingle tuner which could be an item or if young link stays it could be his supersmash.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Hmm.. i was thinking, Tingle recently got his own DS game only in japan called "Tingle's Baloon Fight"

Just a thought, but if melee's beta had Balloon Fighter in it, they were obviously considering adding him. Which means that since Tingle's the new Balloon Fighter sakurai'd already have some of the ideas/coding/moveset for Tingle. I don't know, just a thought. I'm actually against the idea of Tingle.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hmm.. i was thinking, Tingle recently got his own DS game only in japan called "Tingle's Baloon Fight"

Just a thought, but if melee's beta had Balloon Fighter in it, they were obviously considering adding him. Which means that since Tingle's the new Balloon Fighter sakurai'd already have some of the ideas/coding/moveset for Tingle. I don't know, just a thought. I'm actually against the idea of Tingle.
That's a remake made for Japan's Nintendo Power club (or something like it, "GO! Nintendo" I think it was), so it more of a joke game. Besides, Tingle has his own RPG on the DS (before Tingle's Balloon Fight), so they can take everything from there.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yeah, Tingle isn't the new baloon fighter, but he does have his own game. And that's why he is a very likely candidate for Brawl. It's gonna happen people, get over it. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom