• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr.3000=The Best Sonic ever?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I think 3000 is probably the best sonic right now because, well, tourny records, simple yet effective play, and he's smart enough to not be on smash boards arguing in the sonic forums. =O Mr.X is in the top 5 though... I think... but what do I know? ^^

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
im not ready to give anyone that title yet. we are an endangered species right now. We need more time then most other chars to be sweet, so it makes sence that it'll be a while before a visious sonic shows up. but until then, you'll have to make due with me. :)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Hmm... just from reading this. I'm realizing the most simple techniques we over look. I use spin dash just like Mr. 3000 with the same combos. But I go crazy with the spring. And I dont grab enough. I loved how his Sonic was able to control the field from all of Diddy's bananas, that was nuts, I played that Diddy before online, the most insane Diddy I played, and yet a Sonic player beats him. Seems almost unrealistic. lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
hunting for Mr.3000 is like being a prestige upper class person hunting for a rare secluded mansion club rather then a red neckhunting down a grzzly bear... it dosent work!

OMG, i cant believe this thread got so big. You guys must really look up to him. If you EVER feel the need to see how he is doing in the tourney scene. plz go to th HOUSTON,Tx thread in the southwest region board.

Tenki

Smash Hero
OMG, i cant believe this thread got so big. You guys must really look up to him. If you EVER feel the need to see how he is doing in the tourney scene. plz go to th HOUSTON,Tx thread in the southwest region board.
:laugh: that's what you'd think looking at it at a glance.

...lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he got 13th in your last tourney... what happened to him

and its not like we all look up to him, its more like he does the best in tourney out of us, but yet he never talks to us. and it was also a big wakeup call about our own play styles, we talked about that more than anything... how he wins with out using any of the ATs that we discovered, and just being good at the basics. but either way, he seems to be falling lower and lower in your tourneys.

it also seems that hes playing D3 more, is this true, he never posts here and is very enigmatic, so i have to ask you

R4ZE

Smash Ace
he mains stonic dude.... have you ever mained sonic? It's not an easy life lol. plus he doesen't even go on sonic boards, so i doubt he knows the **** that is ASC. and he doesent seem to know when to up-b in my opinion.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've known that Mr. 3000 lives in Houston Tx, only a short, two hour drive from where I live.

I really need to play him.

Xyro77

He knows how to use all advanced techs. He uses sonic 90% of the time. Why is he falling in ranking in Houston? Its cause MORE and MORE of houstonians are going metaknight and snake. This makes it really hard for me and him who main low tiers.

Just for you guys, ill get Mr.3000 to show up and chat

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
he got 13th in your last tourney... what happened to him

and its not like we all look up to him, its more like he does the best in tourney out of us, but yet he never talks to us. and it was also a big wakeup call about our own play styles, we talked about that more than anything... how he wins with out using any of the ATs that we discovered, and just being good at the basics. but either way, he seems to be falling lower and lower in your tourneys.

it also seems that hes playing D3 more, is this true, he never posts here and is very enigmatic, so i have to ask you
I played him in the losers bracket at HOBO and knocked him out. First match he beat me with Sonic. Then he picked Ike for some reason after I picked Jungle Japes (I didn't know he played Ike) and when I won that one he picked Dedede and Frigate.

I don't know why he didn't stick with Sonic to be honest, he probably would have beat me if he did. His Sonic is ****. I guess he didn't wanna do Wario vs Sonic, but even though I would have the matchup advantage I have no real Sonic experience lol. Still, 13th at that tourney while using mostly Sonic is really good, that tourney was huge and there were a lot of good players there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I played him in the losers bracket at HOBO and knocked him out. First match he beat me with Sonic. Then he picked Ike for some reason after I picked Jungle Japes (I didn't know he played Ike) and when I won that one he picked Dedede and Frigate.

I don't know why he didn't stick with Sonic to be honest, he probably would have beat me if he did. His Sonic is ****. I guess he didn't wanna do Wario vs Sonic, but even though I would have the matchup advantage I have no real Sonic experience lol. Still, 13th at that tourney while using mostly Sonic is really good, that tourney was huge and there were a lot of good players there.
That said, can we really be sure he played Sonic at HOBO considerably more then Dedede and...Ike?

That's why you stick with Sonic 3000, because there are a lack of people in Texas that have really experienced Sonic players of that caliber...

Ugh, I need to play him ASAP. Gotta rip him a new one, and show him just how it's done...[/sarcasm]

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Mr.3000 probably isn't the best Sonic out there. We don't know that much about the Japanese metagame, Japanese players > American players and it's to early to say anything.

Xyro77

Japanese players > American players and it's to early to say anything.

You dont know much. In melee the japanese could hold thier on against us but in the end we were better.

In brawl theres no competition, they are not good at all. Have you see there vids? They just fight as fast as the possibly can. they do not space and they do not shield grab, they use next to no advanced techs. Not to mention they BAN snake and sometimes BAN metaknight. Just send one of our TOP snakes(cort,pc chris,dsf) over there and it will litterally be another atomic bomb drop. Japanese are trash at this game.

Xyro77

That said, can we really be sure he played Sonic at HOBO considerably more then Dedede and...Ike?

That's why you stick with Sonic 3000, because there are a lack of people in Texas that have really experienced Sonic players of that caliber...

Ugh, I need to play him ASAP. Gotta rip him a new one, and show him just how it's done...[/sarcasm]
i run all the HOBOs and i watch Mr.3000....hes sonic like 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom